Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aha! Antimacassar, anyone? How positively Victorian Winchester Winchester when you wrote "A purple towel for the WeShed. I use a lot of oils in my hair and I don't want the chair in the WeShed to get stained from any oils."

To explain in more detail - an antimacassar is a cover for the back of a chair or sofa, etc., to prevent them from being soiled by macassar or other oil from the hair.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've had 8??? Wowza!! The males have a tendency to be death.
Yeah, 8 of them plus the 4 buff ones. People have a tendency not to believe my bizarre post. I didn't know orange cats had a tendency to be death. As far as I know none of mine were death.

I hope Chrissy shows up OK.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Hope the headache is gone, Pam :hugs: :redheartpump:
I hope Chrissy shows up OK.
Thanks, Ellen. I hope so as well. He is well known in the neighborhood so maybe someone was able to help him.

regular stuff

still on my first cuppa

Rebel hasn't spent the night on the deck for 2 nights and Big Cal is heartbroken. Maybe the wedding is off?? Connie came twice yesterday, cooing and mewing while he ate.💖 Roberto came as well. Chilly here today but maybe if I bundle up I can sit on deck

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Hope the headache is gone, Pam :hugs: :redheartpump:

Thanks, Ellen. I hope so as well. He is well known in the neighborhood so maybe someone was able to help him.

regular stuff

still on my first cuppa

Rebel hasn't spent the night on the deck for 2 nights and Big Cal is heartbroken. Maybe the wedding is off?? Connie came twice yesterday, cooing and mewing while he ate.💖 Roberto came as well. Chilly here today but maybe if I bundle up I can sit on deck
How many ferals do you have? I like the names you give them. Do you have pictures? The most I ever had in my colony was 22. That is where I got most of my orange and buff cats from. They were all related and I was able to get them to come inside. They made all the difference in my life. So much love.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have about 5. Rebel is someone's cat. I had a Christopher, tuxedo cat. He finally let me tend to his wounds and infections.
Had him for a year and a half, then one days he never came back. He and my Vincie girl would sun themselves on the deck
but he was jealous of Big Cal and would advance oh her. The Vincie girl would look and look for him..so sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thank you. It is better this morning. Just tired.
C catapault That is amazing! I had to look that up. You know, my grandmother had doilies on her furniture and I bet that's why. She had some really pretty ones! Her couch and her chairs. I never knew!

Very chilly around here this morning. Rick said that, if it doesn't soon start to warm up, he's turning the heat back on in the house. The girls are all back in bed and I have the electric blanket turned on for them. They won't move for anything! Well, maybe food; they'd move for food.
  • Took Muffin out for her walk. Bundled her up in her blanket and we walked around the house.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer, nothing major.
  • We might run into town for a few errands: butcher shop, a case of Smirnoff Ice, banking, etc.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So goes my day - a little of this, a little of that. Even though today is breezy, sprinkling, completely overcast, rather chilly I

1) went out this morning and took pictures in the garden

2) cleaned the tracks for the basement slider door - wet wiped and vacuumed with the big shop vac so Himself could put up the screen door (which I also wiped down with drippy wet paper towels. And cleaned the algae off the glass door with Windex too.)

3) took a bag of fleece fabric to the local wildlife rescue place. They had been asking for towels so I called first. They are glad to have it because baby squirrels get their tiny nails caught in the loops of towels. Already this year their intake has been 300 baby animals.

4) mixed up gritty potting soil and repotted a blood lily, Scadoxus multiflorus ssp katherinae. So pot bound I had to cut the plastic pot off with a box cutter.

And the day is not yet over.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Finished the article I was writing about the bonsai collection one of our local residents maintains. I needed a photo and he suggested 6:30 a.m. when he waters them, but I persuaded him to wait until 8:30 a.m. when the sun is up. It's not that I'm not up--I get up at 5:30 a.m.--but it's still mostly dark at 6:30 and the bonsai trees are outside! He's in his 90s, and I got a nice photo of him lovingly and carefully cleaning moss from the roots of a 90-year-old Satsuki azalea bonsai with a toothbrush.

It's my day for writing. I also finished a press release for the local spring hike series. It's an annual series, but this year, because of you-know-what, we couldn't have in-person hikes because the trails are too narrow. Instead, we created a series of signs along the trails that pointed out things such as bird habitats, geologic features, bees and other pollinators, etc. People are enjoying it, but it's not the same as in-person hikes led by area experts. :censored: COVID.

I really need to shave Iris and Lily's back legs and around the base of their tails (they're long haired). They've both had episodes of diarrhea in the past week, and none of us likes the resulting mess. And they hate the clean up more than I do. Lots of screaming and growling and hissing. You'd think I was trying to amputate their tails and legs instead of shaving them with a small, quiet, cordless shaver. Lily's episode was at 5:30 a.m. a couple of days ago, and before I could catch her, she ran through the house leaving poop footprints and ended up crouched in the closet where she deposited a large, messy splotch of liquid poo. I've been putting off the shaving because they're such brats. :sigh:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I mentioned earlier, the day wasn't over when I previously wrote. Now the UPS truck has come up our driveway. Pity the poor driver who was here at 7:44 p.m. Long day, as my parcel left Bound Brook NJ at 8:53 a.m. But I have now received delivery of my order from Brent and Becky's Bulbs:
two 10-packs of tigridia corms
BelleWood in Bloom_2017-08_Tigridia-3 colors.jpg
this is what they look like when in flower
and three still very small but potted and in growth elephant ears - Mojito, Tea Cup, and Kona Coffee.

And that takes care of today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
If you could keep Mother Dragon Mother Dragon in your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. She broke both legs last night and is in a trauma center. Father Dragon texted me. She's feeling OK, now that her pain is managed. But she won't be on her feet for quite a while. I'm going to call her later on this afternoon. :hugs: Thank you.

Didn't sleep well at all last night. Got up with the girls and then went back to bed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, made Rick's coffee and stuck it in the fridge, and went back to bed.
  • Drinking my coffee now. But Muffin is back here, trying to talk me into our walk.
  • My King Arthur stuff should come today. WooHoo!
  • WeShed tonight for a while.
Must go....Muffin is quite demanding!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry... which should go a lot faster because we removed the huge lint ball that was in the tube to the outside that had just been pushed up and down for months with the lint brush thingy. We were having to run the dryer 2-3 times just to get stuff dry.

Clean bathrooms... one down and one to go.

Hockey... all 3 of our teams play today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Mother Dragon! Have not seen a post from her in quite a while. I will definitely keep her in my thoughts. Omg! Both legs!!! I cannot imagine.

Thank you, Winchester Winchester for telling us about this. Give her our love.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up super late today (after noon, late) and had plans to do some landscaping, but my sister invited me to go to the park with her and my nieces, so I did. The park was one we frequented as kids and growing up it had this awesome playground made entirely of climbing ropes. They redid it a few years ago and it looks so much cooler now. Anyway, we went for a walk after (I brought my puppy, Poppy, too).

After that, Poppy and I went to Menards and then the library so I could pick up some things. We came home and I started digging out this archway I have in my backyard so I could fix it. Now I'm just doing nothing on the couch.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Prayers and healing thoughts for Mother Dragon. Hope you are feeling better

Regular stuff

Cal went our for a walkabout but Rebel was not around. Connie came and chowed down.

Washing a few darks that must be washed on gentle with Dreft

Beta-brand has a new yoga pant that is denim. Looks sooo comfy!! I miss wearing jeans so I'm going
to buy a pair when the price goes down. I want the skinny black but they are out of them so I'll wait
till hey have them in and they go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.