Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault You;ll do fine going to NYBG!! Wish I could go with....I've been to the one in Toronto and DC
artiemom artiemom How are you doing? Baby steps :hugs:
Winchester Winchester Did you make the sugar cookies?

regular stuff

drying smalls from yesterday

I bought a new pair of yoga pants and they are the best pair I've ever had. So soft and cozy. They were made
in Israel. I think I'll get another pair. I have so many nice tops and shirts from Sophia that fit so well and they'll
look good with the yp. I got 2 nice used spring jackets from Marion's Closet, the free store. A late Christmas
gift arrived yesterday but I didn't open the package yet.

Must check on the Gang!💖

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a sunny, cold day.. but the sun was out...
*Regular morning stuff
*clean laundry will come in soon..
*I must go to Trader Joes today...

Yesterday was not a good day for me.. It was a cold, raw, dark, windy, foggy, rainy day... It was gross..
I was ok, just ok, during the morning.. Thea afternoon was not good.
I got so SOB and dizzy! It was really worrying me.. It was also the first day without a salt tablet. My BP was high also..

I will see if this continues; if it does I will contact PCP and the Cardiologist.. I was waiting for the BP to elevate.. It was abnormally low for me.. I think it is time to begin some type of mild bp treatment.. now that things should be normalizing.. or the 'new' normal..

Geoffrey made such a mess of his litter box!! I swear half of it is on the litter rug! What a mess!!! He did poop a lot.. He is not cuddling as much as he used to.. sad...
Not on my lap at night.. not cuddling much in bed..... just down by my feet... I do not like that.. he is changing.. sigh... getting older... sigh.... I think the sweet reunion from me being away is over. He has learned to be on his own... 😿 😭

My little boy has 'grown-up'......bittersweet...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Sugar cookies were made and were so good! Recipe and picture in the Food thread. Yum!
artiemom artiemom Sometimes when little boys grow up, they do get a bit independent. But he's still in bed with you, so that's good. :redheartpump:

Yesterday Bob called us. He was going to be in the area and wanted to drop off some of my Rubbermaid stuff. Sometimes, if I'm making more for dinner, I'll call him and have him come in to pick up some food. He's always willing. So he had some containers to return and he also found a Prince 1999 CD for me at a thrift store. I gladly took it. Anyway, he was only going to stay for a few minutes, but we ended up having coffee and he stayed for about 3 hours. He's fully vaccinated. It was so nice to talk to somebody, just sit and chat. He was going to stay for dinner, but had to get home to feed Hemi (his cat). It was really nice. And long overdue. He was our first post-Covid visitor.

Not much going on today. It's still very wet outside, so not much will be done there.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed. An hour or so later, I got back up, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, and took Miss Muffin out for her walk. She did some serious yelling at the birds while we were out. Sometimes it's a wonder she doesn't sprain her neck, her head moves so fast! She saw her first bunny of the year in the front yard and went on full alert. But she didn't try to jump out of my arms or anything. We went back into the house bc I didn't quite trust her. That upset her and she walked around the house for a while yelling at me. In all fairness, we were on our way back to the house when she saw the bunny, so she had no right to complain. She's sleeping in her stroller....finally. She was acting like a grumpy baby; I was glad when she finally decided to take a nap. I don't know what it is about orange girls, but they sure like to complain!
  • Must change the bed sheets, but will wash them tomorrow, I think. I didn't get the house-cleaning done yesterday bc Bob came in. Today is another day....as is tomorrow.
  • Waiting on the rest of the Chewy order for the girls. I ordered ten cases of cat food on Sunday. The first half was delivered yesterday and the rest is coming sometime today. I did an order from King Arthur this morning. I like their Italian bread pans and I wanted non-diastolic malt powder for my bagel water. I also ordered a lame for slashing the tops of my breads. I've been doing it with a sharp paring knife and it's just not going well. I had a brand new utility knife (never been used) back here in my desk, so I tried that. Better, but still not that great. So I got the lame. We'll see how that works. I'm on a Bread-baking forum on FB and am getting lots of ideas for breads!
And that will be my Tuesday.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a sunny, cold day.. but the sun was out...
*Regular morning stuff
*clean laundry will come in soon..
*I must go to Trader Joes today...

Yesterday was not a good day for me.. It was a cold, raw, dark, windy, foggy, rainy day... It was gross..
I was ok, just ok, during the morning.. Thea afternoon was not good.
I got so SOB and dizzy! It was really worrying me.. It was also the first day without a salt tablet. My BP was high also..

I will see if this continues; if it does I will contact PCP and the Cardiologist.. I was waiting for the BP to elevate.. It was abnormally low for me.. I think it is time to begin some type of mild bp treatment.. now that things should be normalizing.. or the 'new' normal..

Geoffrey made such a mess of his litter box!! I swear half of it is on the litter rug! What a mess!!! He did poop a lot.. He is not cuddling as much as he used to.. sad...
Not on my lap at night.. not cuddling much in bed..... just down by my feet... I do not like that.. he is changing.. sigh... getting older... sigh.... I think the sweet reunion from me being away is over. He has learned to be on his own... 😿 😭

My little boy has 'grown-up'......bittersweet...
get that bp managed asap i had a stroke cause i put it off to the side i had other things that played a part to but the bp was part of the main reason

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
get that bp managed asap i had a stroke cause i put it off to the side i had other things that played a part to but the bp was part of the main reason
Oh, don't worry about that... I am right on top of it.. This morning, it was 122/83... three minutes later it was 109/78.... so weird...
Will be taking it soon.....

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
She was acting like a grumpy baby; I was glad when she finally decided to take a nap. I don't know what it is about orange girls, but they sure like to complain!
ha!!!! Boys as well!!

Sounds like an amazing day chatting with Bob. I so miss being with other people.

Regular stuff

Big Cal wanted out after I fed Connie and Roberto. Connie makes cooing, mewing sounds as he eats, Such a doll.
His leg seems much better so I think it must have been a pulled or sprained muscle. I wish I could have Roberto's
eye and ear looked at.

Kaylee must make copies of documents, shop for a few things and fold laundry Going to be chilly but sunny.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , so glad you had company.. That must have felt so good...

Mia6 Mia6 , orange CATS in general are so demanding. I have had 3 orange babies.. one female... The female was not a talker... but so fussy.. and demanding.
All orange babies seem to have a mind of their own!

Yesterday was not a bad day. It turned cloudy, but not bad. I did Trader Joes.. Came home and felt so tired! I ended up just leaving the empty bags on the floor, my own bag on the floor, my jacket thrown on the chair... I immediately went to lie down a d cuddle with Geoffrey on the bed..

Had a miserable nights sleep.. Fell asleep in the recliner, at 9pm.. went to bed at 9:30... I suddenly woke up, it was dark outside, said to Geoffrey, "Ok, lets get up to strut the day!".. It was pitch black!! I could not understand it. I looked at 2 clocks to confirm the time: 11:20pm!!
The rest of the night was shot.. Tossed and turned all night..
Finally woke up around 7am.. cuddled in bed with Geoffrey until 7:20...

That is the thing: if I nap, I cannot sleep that night.. yet if I do not nap, I am a zombie.. needing more caffeine.. weird...

Today:
*broken up, regular morning stuff, in stages... due to covid testing
*They are offering Covid testing today.. I am going for it.. been to the Lab too often for my satisfaction. They do give you one of their masks to wear, I wear it over my 'kn 95'... just to be double careful...
* Put clean laundry away
*throw trash out--have a lot of it..

Maybe a quick walk.. not sure.. It is the last nice day before we get a heavy NorEaster Rain storm with very cold weather... ugh... I hate keeping the windows closed. I feel claustrophobic in here..I need the windows cracked open, just a bit.. I crave fresh air..

I need to start making a ton of copies... ugh.. maybe this weekend..

Geoffrey made another mess of the litter box, litter mat and floor!! I think I put too much litter in there for him..
I think he is 'growing up" .... not needing Mama, as much.. sigh My little boy is gone... at the ag of 5.5 years old... mentally, about 2-3.... sigh...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I really enjoyed having Bob visit with us. It was so nice. I think I mentioned that he is fully vaccinated, as are we, so we felt comfortable with no masks. He's pretty careful, too. He texted me that night, thanking us for letting him come in. I think he enjoyed it as much as we did!

Finally got our taxes done; Rick made the appt and went in last night. It's all good.

Storm coming in tomorrow.....with a bit of snow and mixed stuff on Friday morning! :fuming: Hopefully not much.
And I have my weekly headache. Woke up around 3:00 to stabbing in my temple and now my eyes hurt. Stayed in bed until Muffin came back and started yelling at me. Amber started yelling at 4:30 for breakfast; Rick got up at 6:00 and gave them breakfast. Then he crashed on the couch. I think we need a night in the WeShed again to get away from her
  • Took our other Demanding Orange Girl out for her walk this morning. She was rather quiet, but the paws were working overtime. She's sleeping in her stroller (I should go into the bedroom and meow at her!).
  • My day to scoop.
  • Check on the plants in the WeShed, haven't been out there all week.
And I don't plan on doing much of anything else today, unless I start to feel better.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , orange CATS in general are so demanding. I have had 3 orange babies.. one female... The female was not a talker... but so fussy.. and demanding.
And what a mind that is!!! They are awesome.

I've had 8 orange cats and only 1 was female. I've had 4 buff cats which are suppose to be diluted orange cats and only 1 of them was male.

• went downstairs for breakfast

• suppose to see the house doctor today

• going to the actives room to play Trivia.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
And what a mind that is!!! They are awesome.
I've had 8 orange cats and only 1 was female. I've had 4 buff cats which are suppose to be diluted orange cats and only 1 of them was male.
You've had 8??? Wowza!! The males have a tendency to be deaf.

orange CATS in general are so demanding. I have had 3 orange babies.. one female... The female was not a talker... but so fussy.. and demanding.
My Connie is very demanding but he makes those sweet cooing and mewing sounds now when he eats, so adorable!!
Chrissy is back and forth Finally let me pet him, was gone for a few months, came back, one of gray tabbies kicked
him out of the food, I opened the slider, he came in freaked out began attacking my arm and leg, and scratched at
slider. He was terrified. The last time I saw him he had a bad bloody wound on his side but he wouldn't let me near
him. I gave him a can of wet food and haven't seen him since. Worried.

Winchester Winchester Oh, Pam, you poor baby, not another one.💖

regular stuff

Kaylee will wash quilt at launderette.

Fill out documents which involve signing my name and printing it, ha!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I will I have a tray set beside slider that has sterile gauze pads, Peroxide, Neosporin, A&D ointment,
cotton balls and Q Tips Also sterile gloves and heavy gloves. Also a bottle of Gabapentin and a dropper
that I had for my Vincie girl.💖:angel::rbheart:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am feeling better this morning. Just tired from dealing with the pain. I did get quite a bit done yesterday: vacuuming, dusting a bit, cleaning the bathroom, making that loaf of Wool Roll Bread, scooping boxes, etc. Went to bed early last night and felt better today. I'm just tired of the damn headaches.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and had my coffee. Took Miss Muffin out for her walk.
  • We decided to hit our local mall this morning. It had been a while. Came home with new bed pillows, spring-y comforter and bed sheets, and some shorts for Dear Richard. A purple towel for the WeShed. I use a lot of oils in my hair and I don't want the chair in the WeShed to get stained from any oils. The towel will go on the back of the chair. We also stopped at Burger King for take-out for a bit of lunch. And now I won't have to make much for dinner.
  • Going to change the bedding and pillows on our bed.....no, I don't wash the comforter and sheets before putting them on the bed. I suppose I should, but....bleah. I've never done so.
  • Rick is bowling tonight. I'm going out to the WeShed for a bit of TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.