Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Poor Connie! I'm so glad you're taking care of him.
artiemom artiemom I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

We spent Good Friday with our Grands. Such a great time! Our granddaughter and I made three batches of sticky buns and the last batch she did completely by herself. Everything turned out beautifully! I really think she could do it by herself as long as she took her time and didn't hurry. She wants to make doughnuts, so we're trying to figure out a day that her dad can bring her up to make doughnuts. While we're doing doughnuts, the guys are going to go fishing. We also had a long talk. Evidently, her other grandmother doesn't like her reading so much. She's a lot like me, in that she'll read anything she can get her hands on. She said, "I'm sorry, but I love to read." And I told her, "Never, ever apologize for your love of reading. Reading takes you everywhere!" We had sent Christmas money down to the Grands and she showed me the books she bought. She had some good books. But again, her other grandmother: You spent that much money on books? Well, yeah, she did. And it was her money to spend as she wished. (And to be honest, I'd do the same thing. When I was working, I used to use my Christmas bonus from my boss on cookbooks. One time when he gave me my bonus, he said, "Should I just give this to B and N in your name?")
I think I mentioned that our grandson broke his arm and dislocated his wrist playing basketball. It's going to be fine. He can't play his drums one-handed, but he's still teaching himself to play piano. He plays by ear and can't read music to save his life. He's pretty good! He was more than willing to eat the sticky buns. We all kind of went over-board on the sticky buns.
Anyway, it was a great day. Our DIL is in Africa; our son worked until 3:00, so it was just the Grands and us. We took masks along, but well, nobody wore anything. For the first time in forever. Everybody is vaccinated and we all said the heck with it. We ordered from Texas Roadhouse and ate dinner before we left. Got home around 8:30 last night. The cats were not amused....dinner was very late! And they're used to us being home all the time, so this was a big break in their routine. Can't wait for the Grands to visit!
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty because we didn't run it last night. I'll need to scoop in a bit.
  • Muffin and I were out for our walk. No wind and that makes a big difference in how cold it felt. I take her over to the trees and she sniffs each one. Then we went over to the shed to sniff there. Lots of birds in the yard. We saw a squirrel and she really yelled at him. We stayed outside for a while bc she wasn't out at all yesterday.
  • I need to make my peanut butter pie for tomorrow and get it in the freezer. Check on the ham to see if it's thawed, Check on the pickled eggs and turn them.
And that's my day. Nothing really going on around here.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Poor Connie! I'm so glad you're taking care of him.
artiemom artiemom I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

We spent Good Friday with our Grands. Such a great time! Our granddaughter and I made three batches of sticky buns and the last batch she did completely by herself. Everything turned out beautifully! I really think she could do it by herself as long as she took her time and didn't hurry. She wants to make doughnuts, so we're trying to figure out a day that her dad can bring her up to make doughnuts. While we're doing doughnuts, the guys are going to go fishing. We also had a long talk. Evidently, her other grandmother doesn't like her reading so much. She's a lot like me, in that she'll read anything she can get her hands on. She said, "I'm sorry, but I love to read." And I told her, "Never, ever apologize for your love of reading. Reading takes you everywhere!" We had sent Christmas money down to the Grands and she showed me the books she bought. She had some good books. But again, her other grandmother: You spent that much money on books? Well, yeah, she did. And it was her money to spend as she wished. (And to be honest, I'd do the same thing. When I was working, I used to use my Christmas bonus from my boss on cookbooks. One time when he gave me my bonus, he said, "Should I just give this to B and N in your name?")
I think I mentioned that our grandson broke his arm and dislocated his wrist playing basketball. It's going to be fine. He can't play his drums one-handed, but he's still teaching himself to play piano. He plays by ear and can't read music to save his life. He's pretty good! He was more than willing to eat the sticky buns. We all kind of went over-board on the sticky buns.
Anyway, it was a great day. Our DIL is in Africa; our son worked until 3:00, so it was just the Grands and us. We took masks along, but well, nobody wore anything. For the first time in forever. Everybody is vaccinated and we all said the heck with it. We ordered from Texas Roadhouse and ate dinner before we left. Got home around 8:30 last night. The cats were not amused....dinner was very late! And they're used to us being home all the time, so this was a big break in their routine. Can't wait for the Grands to visit!
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty because we didn't run it last night. I'll need to scoop in a bit.
  • Muffin and I were out for our walk. No wind and that makes a big difference in how cold it felt. I take her over to the trees and she sniffs each one. Then we went over to the shed to sniff there. Lots of birds in the yard. We saw a squirrel and she really yelled at him. We stayed outside for a while bc she wasn't out at all yesterday.
  • I need to make my peanut butter pie for tomorrow and get it in the freezer. Check on the ham to see if it's thawed, Check on the pickled eggs and turn them.
And that's my day. Nothing really going on around here.
Sounds like an amazing day, Pam!! Other Grandma👎

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sounds like an Excellent Day!! Good for both you and Rick, never mind the Grands....:redheartpump:

Feeling so much better. The last couple of days, I only felt 'norma;' for half a day.. then I would get really SOB and dizzy.. mostly SOB... so I crashed..

Today has, so far.. at 5:15pm been a good day!!! Finally!!
*Very lazy late start to the day
*did all the regular morning stuff
*put the clean laundry away.
*Cleaned up Geoffrey Vomit.. what can you do?? nothing
*I managed a huge thing: I dumped and cleaned out the litter box!!! and then the bathtub.. duped all of that, vacuumed a bit of the litter spray,
*dumped out the old Printer

yesterday, I got the printer hooked up to the laptop!!!
Made a couple of phone calls.. Geoffrey's prescription RC rabbit is non existent in the entire World!!
Chewy is out, Petsmart is out, Amazon is out... The manager at Petsmart told me there is a world wide shortage of RC... and it is not expected to be back in stores until Sometime in JUNE!! YIKES..He said it is especially affecting the prescription food...
I looked at Chewy; and all the rabbit food is out of stock!! OMG...
I immediately, ordered a bag of RC Furball dry food.. I just got a bag of RC prescription Rabbit.. I think I may order another one also.. just in case..

I had to buy a brand of rabbit, I never heard of... dam.. and I got some Dr Elseys, turkey.. Hope that works... dam

I still feel good.. Two weeks since I got out of the hospital.. I am getting tired of not feeling well.. but today was good...
Debating about Church, Easter Morning.. tomorrow... sigh..numbers are rising... sigh.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . . while the site was down I had so much extra time that I

1) rearranged the great room furniture to its summer configuration

2) put 8 pair of pants on Freecycle (I think Covid-19 went to my hips) and someone took them

3) today I put 9 short sleeve / no sleeve jerseys on Freecycle and the same woman is coming tomorrow to take them (hoping I can convince her to take the 3 broomstick / gypsy skirts too) And boy does my closet look bare!

4) our young handyman came, twice, and now all the storm doors are down in the basement storage, and all doors have their screens. I love the fresh air breezing through the house!

5) we get our second covid-19 shots tomorrow

6) tree service came and took down a tulip poplar with rot at its heart, a dead ash (emerald ash borer don't ya know) that will be firewood for next winter, and did excellent arboriculture type pruning on a couple of mature oak trees. Or did I already mention this to you?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I've been doing a bit of housecleaning over the TCS break. Not spring cleaning (still haven't mustered the energy to attack spring cleaning!). Took the flannels off the bed and replaced with linen sheets. It's been quite warm around here and we've had the bedroom windows open at night. Rick is working on the path to the WeShed and should finish today. He was taking up sod, putting stone down, and then packing pieces of sod between the stone. He wants to be able to mow right over the stone with the push mower. (Of course, that got the neighbors interested and the guys were coming over to see the path.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • I need to do Rick's mom's Kindle as we're visiting with her this afternoon. She lost her hearing due to a bad ear infection. Her ears were that bad they had to call somebody in to flush them. She can hear again and she wants her Kindle back. Preferably yesterday.
  • Still watching Bones on and off.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

fed the Ginger Gang and Willie and a baby skunk ate the remnants. I think she is Sean's sis

Had the Pfizer part II!! This one was painful and my arm is very tender. I moved it around and
stretched it. It feels better but still tender at injection site. I felt feverish yesterday am ok now.
The clinic was so busy and they were so organized! No snacks or bev this time...wonder if
they ran out?

Have had the ac on for the past week! In April??

2) put 8 pair of pants on Freecycle (I think Covid-19 went to my hips) and someone took them
ha!!!! How is Himself? How did you do with the vaccine?

artiemom artiemom How are you?

Winchester Winchester Poor Evelyn! I'm so glad she is better/

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My three things for today:
Laundry
Make myself a Frappe to eat with breakfast hubby is making
Watch Braves baseball

For anyone who is having a hard time finding cat food check out petflow.com
I have ordered food and cat litter from them a few times when Amazon ran out. They were actually cheaper then Amazon on some things. I was not using Chewy back then so I have not compared prices. Also for anyone looking for Friskies or Fancy Feast wet cat food check you local Walgreens if you live near one. It will be more expensive but may be helpful if food need is urgent.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Molli and I lounged until 9:00. I awakened around 8:30 and was going to get up then, but Molli was in my arms and she looked so comfortable that I just didn't have the heart. At 9:00, Muffin came roaring into the bedroom, "Get up! Get up, you lazy things! Things to do! I need food! I need a walk!" Well, all-rightey then! Got up, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, made my coffee, and took Miss Muffin out for her walk. There are a lot of birds out there and she was looking all over the place. Yelling at the birds and watching everything. I think she even started yelling at our neighbor who was outside working in his yard.
  • There's a home and garden show on our local tv channel that I've been wanting to see forever. Kept forgetting about it. Well, I'm remembering this morning and I only have ten minutes to go. Should be able to remember that long. It's on at 10.
  • Must scoop boxes this morning.
  • I'm thinking of making Sugar Cakes. These are big, fat sugar cookies that are dropped instead of rolled-out. A woman on my Amish food forum on FB posted a picture and the recipe and those cookies look so much like my grandmother's sugar cookies. They're made with shortening, no butter. But oh, what the heck. If they even come close to Grandma's sugar cookies, I'll use shortening.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
catlover73 catlover73 Thanks for the info.... I ordered a new brand of rabbit for Geoffrey: Freely.. looked good to me.. tiny tiny cans.. Of course, he devoured the first try.. So I ordered some more.. nope.. he is not having it.. I have now decided, he does not care for Rabbit food any more.. witch is weird, because he loved the RC rabbit BEFORE they changed formulas... or is he playing games with me??

Mia6 Mia6 Doing much better.. I had to get the second Shingles shot because the 6 months were almost up.. Got it Tuesday.. sick as a dog on Wednesday.. Up in middle of night with shivers, fever of 100.8... etc... I am better now.. but boy.. the past 4 weeks have not been good for me..

So glad you have the Ginger Gang.. and the others..
Still take it easy, today, after the Pfizer vaccine.. allow the 48 hours to chill back and do nothing..

Winchester Winchester So glad you had a great time with your family.. ((hugs))

I have been having good days and bad days.. Must say, more good than bad.. The weather has been great.. Today is the last day of it.. Warmth!! Sunday back to cold, rainy, raw...
Windows are wide open... so good to smell fresh air..

Yesterday was an very eventful day. I find I am getting later and later starts on the day..
*Morning stuff--late
*could not stand kitchen floor anymore.. so while I had the energy and stamina, I decided I had to Swiffer wet it.. Of course, Geoffrey had to inspect... ugh... curiosity is definitely going to kill this cat!!!
*listened to Zoom bi-weekly building meeting..
*Got my house cleaner back!!! Ran into her as I was picking up mail.. She had a cancellation, so came right up...scrubbed my bathroom tiles, the tub, the toilet and floor... OMG..
Said she lost my number.. but I got her back... so glad.. now she can do my windows and blinds.. they are horrible to do.. I did a couple of the blinds last year.. it was a day long job.. for each window.. She said my house is clean, but she could see where I had problems getting into corners, and scrubbing.. She is so clean.. OMG>> my bathroom literally sparkles when she is done..

i got a lot of steps in yesterday: almost 5,000 on the Fitbit.. he most since I have gotten it.. since the hospital.. so that is good. just doing regular stuff.. not exercising or walking..

Today is gorgeous.. lots of people walking on beach.. I am tempted t.. but I should get some more blueberries for my oatmeal, and something for supper tomorrow...
Some salad stuff...

I have not been out all week, except for blood test and shingles shot..

Geoffrey is so weird.. He jumps on the counters, and calls me.. Now I know the sound of this call. It is soft, hight pitched, and like mews.. and continuous..
Geoffrey calls to tell me that he is someplace he sound not be.. as in: on the kitchen counter or on top of the kitchen cabinets.. I am so afraid he is going to hurt himself when he is up on the cabinet.. But he calls to tell me he is doing wrong... darn cat.....

I still have to deep clean the humidifiers and put them away.. but I am avoiding the smell of bleach for a little while longer... hate to see them around.. but... they are empty..

Slept kind of fitfully.. tired today... I need to get going.. another blood test in 10 days... Because of fever, I had to increase dose of salt tablets.. now decreasing and by Tuesday, off of them.. then a blood test to recheck sodium levels... fingers crossed.. Some days, the 3 bottles of water is not enough for me.. I have been drinking a lot of water for years; but sodium levels have always been on the lower side...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 sweet of you to ask. Himself and I - our arms are a bit tender where the injection was given. I feel rather lethargic, lackadaisical today. Taking things easy. We both slept late. Both Domino and Mr Poe cooperated. Such good boys!

I am anticipating a late-in-April trip to the New York Botanical Gardens for their Kusama exhibit: Yayoi Kusama’s ‘Cosmic Nature’ Dots a Bronx Garden It will be the first time in over a year that I'll drive more than 10 or 12 miles. NYBG is 83 miles / 2 hours on major highways and over the George Washington Bridge. But it is going to be just fine. Isn't it?

Taking it easy today. Deleting unwanted photos off my computer - they take up so much space. Getting rid of near duplicates / why did I keep that!? / embarrassingly poor images. Rather tedious but amusing. And stirs up memories too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I am not sure what I will be doing.. My life is my new moto: one step at at a time.. one moment at a time...
Things will eventually get done... When I feel like it.. Not hurrying, unless I have to..

Another lazy day... it is grey, cool, back to typical April weather, after having at least a week of real Spring!
It was 70 degrees yesterday!! With a Sea breeze.. It was gorgeous..

I went out for a quick walk.. just about half a mile.. but it felt so good.

Today:
*eventually regular morning stuff
* I do not know what else...
I do need some blueberries... Do I feel like going out??
I do not know... ..
* For supper is my version of a potato/egg frittata, done stove top...
I have 2 potatoes on their way out, so I need to use them.. I do not feel like cooking much of anything..
* Get laundry together for pick up tomorrow morning.

Since I came home from the hospital, I have been so lazy.. very lazy.. I do one chore a day.. if I feel like it..

I know I need to start walking. I ddi a bit yesterday.. I will see how I feel after I take a shower and my morning chores are done.

I have some laundry which I like to do myself.. cold water washes and such.. I heard the laundry room prices went up.. a quarter.. up to $2.00 for a cold wash.. That means my medium with be at least $2.25 and a hot wash will probably be $2.50.... wow...

Prices are increasing everywhere. My stash is coming in handy.. using up my coffee.. almond milk, and soon the tp, and pt... slowly..

Just have to get perishables... produce and fruit..

another lazy day.... I guess I should be good to myself.. Seems like I have been having a ton of lazy days.. but I guess I have been through a lot, over the past 4 weeks.. so.....

Mia6 Mia6 .. so funny about the 'Crew"....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Your outside gang are real characters. Gotta love them!
artiemom artiemom Relax. Get done what you can. Don't worry about it for a while. Tomorrow is another day. And there's a day after that.

It poured yesterday! And we had a nice t-storm during the night last night when it poured again. We'll take all the rain we can get. It's to be rather showery today, too. We won't be doing much in the way of outside work. And we really do need to mow the grass now.
  • I'm working on the first of two loads of laundry
  • Vacuum about the house and do a quick swiffer
  • Start working on a bit of a grocery list (and a Trader Joe's list)
  • Start making a list of plants and flowers to buy for windowboxes at both sheds. And I want to plant some flowers for the first 12 feet or so of the pathway from the WeShed; after that, there are tons and tons of tree roots from the silver maple and I don't want to damage those roots.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, just doing as I go.. It has been a crazy 3 - 4 weeks... the reaction, hospital, and then the reaction to the shingles vaccine...I think my body is saying: enough, already...
It is a very delayed reaction to things..

By my fitbit, I am normally walking 2-3000 steps per day.. If I add in a trip outside, or a quick walk, it goes up to 5,000....
No more than that..

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*have to get some blueberries
I can either get them today. I am all out... at the produce store.. or wait until tomorrow, to go to Trader Joes... either way, I am determined to hit TJ's this week. I noticed they changed the Senior Hours to 8-9 AM, instead of 9-10 am.... I hope that stays.. I do not think I will be going in that early..

I have to think of what I need; not much of anything. I like to keep some salad stuff on hand..
Oh~I need to get some more trail mix.. I eat 1 or 2 of them daily. and some oranges..

I can pick these things up at the local grocery store; but, I do not feel like fighting the crowds in there. I really do not.

Can think of nothing else to do. I need to start copying things for rent renewal.. ugh

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester My Ginger gang and the others are amazing! I'm always so happy to see them.

Regular stuff

Kaylee called off

Did what I could manage as far as chores.....my neighbor made me a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs with sausage and cheese
and biscuits.Going to have some ice cream now.yum

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom It's real easy to mix up your own trail mix.

I keep gorp on hand - Good Old Raisins and Peanuts. But mine is an upgraded version with equal parts raisins, peanuts AND M&Ms.

Can switch it around with craisins replacing some or even all of the raisins. Or just almonds and raisins (rozhinkes mit mandlen).

Status
Not open for further replies.