Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Slept so badly last night; tossing and turning, and a leg cramp. Up 4 times for the BR... Geoffrey was confused. I have been taking an entire Lipitor pill for 6 days. My sleep has progressively gotten more fitful each night. I swear it is the pill. Although, I have not been doing much of anything around here. So it could be that also..
If I lie down, and nap a bit... I have a worse nights sleep.
Is there another med you can take? How long have you been on Lipitor?

I found this, didn't read it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a late day, for going shopping. I could not believe the amount of traffic on the road. You would never think Covid was around. It was incredible. Staples was not bad, but Trader Joes was a mess. a real mess. I could not believe it. If I was not fully vaccinated, I would have never gone in. It was crazy. The weather was cold, yet everyone was out!
They did open up restaurants, so they were packed. I think everyone else just decide to get out and shop!!

I finally bought a new printer. Now to set it up. I am going to try tomorrow, Monday.

Today:
*watched Sunday Mass on TV.
*Late morning stuff
*Have to clean humidifiers
**** have to clean and put new filters in hand held vacuum and the Shark upright.
*Throw out trash

I slept a bit better last night, but not much.. feel better today. Late yesterday afternoon, I was just overcome with tiredness. I wanted to cuddle on the bed with Geoffrey, but he had other ideas. He left me, for a new hiding spot.. right up against the heating pipes. I put a towel there for him.. and he loves it. I really hate lying down for any length of time, because I do not feel refreshed afterwards.
The older I get, I find that if I have even one bad nights sleep, it really messes me up.. I also think I have sleep apnea, but I am not going to get a CPap machine. I know sleep will be out of the question with that machine. I know me too well...

Geoffrey was at me, this morning to get up... OMG.. "Meow, Get UP! I want you UP! The sun is coming up! Lets go! Hurry Up....".... I turned over.. he proceeded to walk and stand on top of me.. ugh.. 14 lbs with 4 sticks (legs) digging into my chest!! Yelling in my ear... He then came up to my outhitting and started sniff... His whiskers tickle....

I ignored him for a bit.. dozed a bit.. then again. This Time: in my left ear again! " Get up! I gave you enough time! UP! The sun is out! Hurray Up! I want to Play! GET UP! " "Hruumps"...While walking over me, again.. this time, my tummy....

Finally, I had to get up. Geoffrey was watching me like a hawk; making sure I was truly getting up and not just a bathroom run. He watched me put my socks and slippers on.. then he followed me into the bathroom, kind of blocking the doorway... OMG...

Geoffrey was upset when I went back to get my bathrobe. He was yelling..."NO, NO, NO, Not back to bed!! UP!" then he led me into the living room, unhappily waiting at the desk. I was getting his food out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit. He Yelled again! "Where are YOU?" "I am WAITING"...

I had to tell him, OK , Ok, I'll be there.... for him to shut up...

Once I walked over to the desk, pulled out his wand toy mouse; he was a happy camper...

OMG>>> I created a monster!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Here is Miss Amber Louise. Don't let her sleep of the innocent fool you; she is one loud kitty! The caterwauling borders on the ridiculous some morning. Merow-meow-MEEEEEE-OWWWWWW! Ridiculous, I say! She'll be 20 in November.
MIssAmber.jpg

artiemom artiemom Well, if you have to create a monster, a kitty monster is the best kind. And we can commiserate about our two monsters! 14 pounds....G is a big kitty. Our Banshee was about 12 pounds at her maturity. But she had these really skinny legs and we called her our potato on matchsticks. Muffin reminds me a lot of Banshee, except she's thick all over, no matchsticks legs. But she has the general anything-goes attitude that Banshee did. She's a bit louder at kitty-cussing than Banshee was.

While I was doing laundry yesterday, I went to the basement with a basketful. Got the laundry in the washer and walked over to the butternuts. There were five left from my butternut binges. Brought them all up to the kitchen and we have enough puree and chunks in the freezer that I don't think we'll plant butternut this year. Rick took the peelings up to the garden for whomever wants to scarf them up. I kept a good cup of puree in the fridge so that I can make squash rolls tomorrow; they'll be fresh to take a few to Rick's mom on Tuesday. (She's not allowed to eat same-day-it's-made yeast products; she has to wait until the next day. Something with her hiatal hernia. Technically Rick shouldn't either, but he does.)
  • Mollipop and I lounged this morning until 8:00, then Muffin called us lazy slugs. We got up, they got their after-breakfast breakfast, Muffin got her walk, and I am drinking (hot) coffee. I got smart; while my coffee is brewing, I take Muffin outside. Til we're finished, my coffee is ready.
  • Must strip the bed down.
  • We're having Rotisserie-style chicken for dinner. I prepped it last night and will get it into the oven around 11.30 for our dinner at 5:00. I need to make a couple quarts of iced tea; I can't wait for the mint to show up in the garden. We love mint tea!
  • While Dear Richard is bowling this afternoon, I'm going to watch a couple episodes of Bones.
And that will be our Sunday. Nothing exciting, but that's OK.
Week One of having our second Covid vaccine is finished. One more week to go! I had to laugh at my buddy. He's a diehard thrift store fanatic and it's been a year since he's visited. Well, he got through his two weeks of post-Covid and he couldn't get the to the thrift store fast enough. :lol: He double-masked and he was careful. He told me what he did; I knew he would as he was getting serious thrift store fever.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The robins are coming back. We saw a couple this morning in the back yard. And the geese are flying north, too. The daffodils in the front flower bed are just barely poking through the soil. Spring is coming!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Making squash yeast rolls this morning, Thinking of crescents with honey butter. It depends on how lazy I am when it comes time to shape the rolls.
  • Working on a Lowes list for tomorrow. Rick would like to start that fourth raised bed up in the garden. I want to start the path out to the WeShed and need to look at pavers or slabs.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I accomlplished a good amount of stuff.
In addition to regular monignstuff, I fiddled around with my Amazon Fire Stick, reset the modem, washed out both humidifiers with bleach, Cleaned and replaced filters in hand vac and Shark upright; went through refrigerator, dumping a lot of things, cleaned out air filter in bedroom.

Today:
*Regular morning stuff~~ using a clean vacuum...
*not certain about what else. I have to install the new printer, but do I want to do that before a new doctor's appointment---getting stressed out for it.... or not....Not certain I do...
*National Grid is out there digging up the parking to, right outside my apartment. Geoffrey is going a bit crazy about it... Crying, and jumping on me. He wants it to stop. They are right outside our bedroom. It is driving him a bit insane... I should say, more insane than he usually is... much more anxious.. Eventually, he will be under my bed... poor baby

I do not want to go out and spend more money. After what I saw on Saturday, the stores are crazily filled with people!!! I am past the senior hours time, so it will be busy.

I will find something to occupy my time... a lot on computer... and cuddling with Geoffrey

Winchester Winchester , Amber Louise, looks like a lot like a female version of Artie... If Artie and Amber Louise mated, We would have gotten Geoffrey!!! Geoffrey has a thinner, longer sharper face, and a long nose..

I do need a new Firestick.. this is the second time, recently, that I have had to reboot the thing.
I have a new one in my Amazon Cart. I just need to see how this months finances go...
This is the way my printer started dying.. so it is just a matter of time.
A477580D-5E3A-4178-86B6-6491AFC8FB4D.jpeg
09709B48-6B6A-4CDA-9C6A-4E0AF41ABB1F.jpeg

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Amber Louise is a beauty!! and I think Geoffrey artiemom artiemom is very handsome. They
would make a nice couple.💞

regular stuff

have had a sore throat for a few days so I rescheduled my Vaccine appt till the 19th.

The gray tabby, Aprirl's cat and the first to lay claim to my deck, has reclaimed it. Big cal
wanted to go out this morning but she was afraid of him ha! He's slept on a deck chair
for the past few nights.

Going to be in the 60s today? Will it be warm enogh to read on the deck? Stay tuned!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey thanks you for the compliment!
Yesterday was not much of anything.... a wasted day, I think.. I did not even get my mail.. but I found things to do, inside.. little tiny things.. filled up my day..

Today:
*up very early for a Doctors in hospital visit..
*Geoffery decided to vomit as soon as I got up.. He did give me a weird warning, beforehand. It was a new calling. He kept crying, repeatedly, about 5 times. He was not waiting to play. He was in our bathroom.. Then I heard the retching. He ate something!! It was the back plastic from the maxi pad... the cover...... OMG.. It was intact!! I have not used one since Friday!! It was still in his stomach!
I am so careful because I know he has a bit of Pica -- plastic fetish.. I always throw things immediately away.. keep all plastic away from him...
Goes to show you how cats can sneak up on things, grab them and eat them..

He must trust me; as I was cleaning up the mess on his litter mat, he walked into the litter box.. right next to my body, and proceeded to pee... WOW... he does trust me.

As I was washing my hands, he found the plastic doggy poop bag, with the 'junk', and proceeded to start munching on it.. He did not learn his lesson! Crazy cat...

That took up about 20-30 minutes.. ugh.. Good thing I got up extra early.

*abbreviated, early version of morning stuff
*Drive into Boston
*home
* not sure what else... depends on how I feel and the time.

I would really like to pick up more Irish Soda Bread. I have a choice between he crowded grocery store.. ugh.. or a repeat trip to TJ's--just for that and a couple bottles of flavored water~~nothing more.
I would hate to go to the bakery just for soda bread... but....
We will see...

This is one of my favorite pictures of Artie:
0A11774E-80DD-43AC-A563-5F41AC129337_1_201_a.jpeg

Yes, I have a thing for orange tabbies. I do not know why, my first love was a regular tabby.. She was so sweet; as a young child, I could do anything to her, without any clawing, screeching, etc..

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey thanks you for the compliment!
Yesterday was not much of anything.... a wasted day, I think.. I did not even get my mail.. but I found things to do, inside.. little tiny things.. filled up my day..

Today:
*up very early for a Doctors in hospital visit..
*Geoffery decided to vomit as soon as I got up.. He did give me a weird warning, beforehand. It was a new calling. He kept crying, repeatedly, about 5 times. He was not waiting to play. He was in our bathroom.. Then I heard the retching. He ate something!! It was the back plastic from the maxi pad... the cover...... OMG.. It was intact!! I have not used one since Friday!! It was still in his stomach!
I am so careful because I know he has a bit of Pica -- plastic fetish.. I always throw things immediately away.. keep all plastic away from him...
Goes to show you how cats can sneak up on things, grab them and eat them..

He must trust me; as I was cleaning up the mess on his litter mat, he walked into the litter box.. right next to my body, and proceeded to pee... WOW... he does trust me.

As I was washing my hands, he found the plastic doggy poop bag, with the 'junk', and proceeded to start munching on it.. He did not learn his lesson! Crazy cat...

That took up about 20-30 minutes.. ugh.. Good thing I got up extra early.

*abbreviated, early version of morning stuff
*Drive into Boston
*home
* not sure what else... depends on how I feel and the time.

I would really like to pick up more Irish Soda Bread. I have a choice between he crowded grocery store.. ugh.. or a repeat trip to TJ's--just for that and a couple bottles of flavored water~~nothing more.
I would hate to go to the bakery just for soda bread... but....
We will see...

This is one of my favorite pictures of Artie:
View attachment 372742

Yes, I have a thing for orange tabbies. I do not know why, my first love was a regular tabby.. She was so sweet; as a young child, I could do anything to her, without any clawing, screeching, etc..
Oh Artie!! I bet my Vincie girl is chasing you all over the Bridge!! and all the other girls as well!!
V always had thing for guys with black bowties!!💖

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Geoffrey is gorgeous! Oh, he is beautiful! I don't think he'd mind being called beautiful....he is! And he looks like such a sweetheart. Artie was so pretty, too. I love his eyes. :redheartpump: Our Ms. Pepe had a serious plastic fetish; that girl would chew on anything plastic. She also had a big photo thing. We found that out years ago when we brought some newly-developed pictures home from WM. She licked the finish off the pictures. I called the vet, who said she'd be fine. We learned to keep all kinds of stuff out of her paws, even bread bags. Woke up one morning and she had chewed holes through a loaf of bread; she didn't want the bread, she just wanted the plastic bag. It's a wonder she lived to be 23 years old!
Mia6 Mia6 I hope you feel better soon. It's best that you re-scheduled your vaccine. If you have any bit of fever, they wouldn't give the vaccine anyway.

After I finished the squash rolls yesterday, I vacuumed around the house a bit and did a quick swiffer. Spring cleaning will be coming up around the end of March, I'm thinking, so a lick and a promise for the house will do for now.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:30 when Muffin came back and told us it was time and we were being very lazy. We got up, I gave them their after-breakfast breakfast, made my coffee, and Muffin and I walked around the house a few times. She yelled at the dog, muttered at the birds, and purred in the sun. It's going to be a stunning day today. Just perfect.
  • We're window-visiting with Rick's mom this afternoon. I have three butternut squash rolls to take to her, along with the last slice of apple pie from Sunday.
  • Trash night tonight.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks, Pam. I was lucky to reschedule as every other time in March at that location was booked.
I looked at a hospital site that is giving them and they are booked already. I am still registered at Drug Mart just
in case. They are not yet scheduling appts yet

regular stuff

put a load of smalls in

Kaylee will change bedding, wash clothes, clean kitchen, mop floor in kitchen, etc.

Willamena came for brekkie this morning, the first time I've seen her since the first time it snowed back in November?
So pretty, long white hait, one beige spot and pretty green eyes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Are you feeling better this morning?

Our window visit with Rick's mom went well yesterday. It's the first time we've actually seen her since last October. We walk up to the window, sit on the bench and Rick calls her on his phone. She's inside, we're outside. I can barely understand her on Rick's speakerphone sometimes and even Rick has trouble at times. But we usually figure out what she's talking about. It's difficult at best. We manage. We get about 20 minutes with her.
Another lovely day today. It just makes us that much hungrier for spring. And come this weekend, we're going back down on the thermometer, with snow flurries on Saturday. Such is March in central PA.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I should do a couple loads of laundry this morning.
  • We are ready to hit Lowes this morning and then Target for meds. Rick wants to get what he needs for the fourth raised bed in the garden and get that started. I want to look at slabs for a pathway out to the shed.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Are you feeling better this morning?
Yes I am.Thank you for asking. Lots of black tea, Celestial Seasonings chamomile, vanilla, and honey, hot water
with lemon, flat ginger ale, popsicles

Kaylee was in a car accident on her way in, she said she was ok but the f.r. are making her go to hospital. She
sounded weird, maybe shock?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I bet you and Rick are excited to be able to visit with Evelyn. She'll want a feast, ha!!

regular stuff

got my first Pollen alert email this morning although I didn't need it, hee, hee. Time for a case of Puffs.

Kaylee will be back today with a loaner till her car is fixed. She had brand new tires and she was rear-ended, both back tires
ruined. She bought the car last February and there has been nothing but probs.

Going to rain today and I feel it coming on. Can't wait for the stim money so I can pay off some bills. My allergies to laundry
detergents is costly. I wrote to Dreft but they don't do mail in coupons. Nicole is going to print them off on her computer, All
the disinfection products are expensive as well but soon we won't need as much product.🤞

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How was doc appt? I love Geoffrey's cheeks, so sweet, He is more buff than ginger, darling boy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another beautiful, but very, very windy day today. Muffin and I just came back from our walk. No blankie! She doesn't like the wind and she doesn't like my hair blowing in her face; I'm going to have to put my hair back on really windy days. But it's a gorgeous sunny day and we enjoyed being out. (She started whining late yesterday afternoon at the front door for a second walk. "Seriously?" "But Mom! It's so nice out there!" "You already had a walk, Muffin." "What's your point?" And I really didn't have one, so out we went for a second walk around the house. I hope that doesn't become a habit.)

We did hit Target for meds yesterday and we got some of what we wanted from Lowes. Going back down to have the pavers delivered for the path to the WeShed and get the spouting we need. Rick has a bad habit of looking for something at Lowes, THEN saying, "Well, we should go home and measure to figure out how much we'll need." No, we should have done that BEFORE we left for the store! I even mentioned that before we left yesterday and he was very nonchalant about it. And sure enough, "Well, let's go home, measure it, and figure it out. Then we'll come back." *long drawn-out heavy sigh*

Not much of anything on my list today. I vacuumed and did a good swiffer yesterday, wiped down the kitchen and bathroom, washed masks, and did the laundry. Everything is fairly well caught up, for the most part.
  • Vacuum and swiffer in the WeShed, check the plants.
  • Got my 3 miles in. If I do all 3 miles at one time, it counts as an exercise day on my Fitbit and I get the credit, so I'm really trying to do it all at one time, instead of 20 minutes here, 15 minutes there, as I get it in amongst doing housework and such. Once the weather warms up and stays warmer, I'm going back outside to walk. I hate walking along this road, but I need to get out outside. The treadmill isn't cutting it.
  • Throw a load of kitty stuff in the washer; whenever Muffin doesn't like to hit her stroller for a nap, it's usually because another cat has gotten in there and she doesn't want their "stench" on her. I noticed last night that she sniffed the blankies in the stroller, then walked away. I checked it out and there's nothing wrong. Evidently, Molli (probably) got in there for a nap. I'll gather up all the kitty stuff and throw them in the washer.
  • Keep working on the grocery list as we're grabbing groceries on Monday.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Muffin doesn't like to hit her stroller for a nap, it's usually because another cat has gotten in there and she doesn't want their "stench" on her. I noticed last night that she sniffed the blankies in the stroller, then walked away. I checked it out and there's nothing wrong. Evidently, Molli (probably) got in there for a nap
ha!!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The Doctors appointment hit me for a loop.. I was numb after it, and yesterday.. Today, just trying to come to terms with it. I knew about it, by prior testing, but it just did not sink into me.
I am still processing things..

It was a new doctor. She has a Fellow who works with her. She is highly regarded, and has ton of experience. Her family has a ton of doctors in it. I did like her.. no nonsense, and she has a "Plan".. one thing at a time. So that is really good to hear. Much better than filing my head with things all at once. She did mention a couple fo things, in the future, but, that is in the future.

What I did like is that she did not want me to take notes. At the end of the exam, patients get a visit summary. The Fellow, typed in all the instructions and it will be in the Patient Website.

I go back in June for a follow-up.

Today:
*up fairly early
*Just made my bed, and washed dishes... no vacuuming
*trip to TJ's
*went for walk.
Nothing else...

Status
Not open for further replies.