Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I'm so glad you can Zoom your granddaughter's wedding!
artiemom artiemom I was wondering how you were doing. Glad you have just a few issues with your Covid shot. We go in on Friday for our second dose.

We brought Clarence home yesterday. I'm almost $600 poorer, but he's good for another year. Now Rick's truck is in the garage for inspection; that one is going to be a killer.
  • Molli and I slept in until 9:00. I gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast. So far Muffin has not meowed for her outside walk. I'm sure that won't last long. I need to scoop at some point.
  • Cookie baking today. Making rolled and cut sugar cookie hearts with heart-shaped chocolates to put on top. And I'm going to use my new larger piping tip to make Danish butter cookies. I'll put a cinnamon heart in the center of those. And may dip them in chocolate. I may make some snickerdoodles, too, because....Rick!
  • Not much else on my agenda for today. Either a movie or continue watching The Dead Files on Hulu. That's been my new Hulu series.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
woke up to go potty, got sick and then stayed up after getting up
getting caught up online , had 2 bagels into 4 pieces with vegetable cream cheese spread on them
listening to my play list on youtube

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I spent yesterday in the kitchen making cookies. Took some over to my sister and BIL and will share with Rick's mother on Monday. Started watching Bones last night and am about halfway through the first season. I never watched it that much when it was on TV, but found it on Hulu last night and thought, oh what the heck. I can switch between Bones and The Dead Files for a while. I don't watch regular TV at all anymore, other than the local news.

We were supposed to get an inch of so of while stuff overnight, but I don't think it materialized. Road looks clear, driveway looks like it did last night. I'm not complaining.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, put dinner in the crock pot, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I need to scoop at some point this morning.
  • I threw one load of laundry in the washer; that's all I'm doing today.
  • Finish the grocery list; we're hitting the grocery store tomorrow morning.
  • While Rick bowls this afternoon, I'm going out to the WeShed to try to watch The VVitch. Again. Every single time I try to watch it at night, I fall asleep. Bob is getting exasperated with me, so I'm going to watch it this afternoon. He swears it's a good movie, but I never get far enough to see for myself!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
********* HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: ***********

Yesterday was a 'nothing' day for me.. and for several other tenants in the building.
The Second Covid shot; really did a few of us in..

I felt tired, muscle/joint aches.. low grade fever~~ chills deep inside my body.. stomach queasy at times..
I did absolutely nothing.. I stayed on my recliner all day.. finally took tylenol when my temp
hit 100. My knees felt like rubber when I walked.. even my hands/fingers were sore..

I may be giving the wrong impression, and being overdramatic, but it was not as bad as I had anticipated. I have been much much sicker, with other things...
I am not experiencing a torso rash, as I usually do, from the Covid Vaccine.. makes me thing it is an allergic reaction to one of the reagents in the regular vaccines...

Poor Geoffrey could not understand why I was ignoring him.. poor baby.. He did jump on my lap early evening, and cuddled all night.

Yesterday;
*shower
*wash breakfast dishes
*refill humidifiers
*make bed
* hand vacuum around liter box

Today:
Woke up feeling warm.. and chilled. Took temp = 99 I took tylenol, I still feel a bit achey (could be because of the weather~ but not completely) or it could be because I was lying on recliner all day.

My 3 things will be the same as yesterday..
nothing planned.

I got 2 boxes of litter delivered yesterday. I am not going to attempt to get them until at least Monday.

I do not plan on leaving apartment, except for a trash run... that is just down the corridor from me..

**** All I can say about the vaccine reactions: They really do differ with each individual.
Some are getting severe fatigue, along with joint pain. Some are getting absolutely no reactions at all.. It is strange.
There is nothing you can do to predict how you will react to it..

If I asked to advise anyone on how to prepare for the vaccines, I would just say: Plan on not doing anything, at all; for a couple of days after getting each dose. Drink plenty of water, take tylenol or advil for pain/fever... and rest... do nothing... Be good to yourself, knowing that you have done something beneficial to both you and the community, as a whole..

I planned it out and did all my heavy stuff before getting the shot..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Your body is reacting to the vaccine and that's a good thing I hope the symptoms go away soon.

Regular stuff

Storm headed our way, just started, supposed to get 1-3inches, then it will stop for a but, then 5=9 more inches, yuk.
This may impact me getting the COVID test for the procedure scheduled for Friday. It is scheduled for Tuesday but if
the storm is as bad as they say I won't be able to have the test..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Order 5 gallons worth of biofreeze
2. Crawl to behind garage to check for cats snowed in the shelters (that will be a 5 hour crawl the way I feel)
3 Order some l-lysine from Amazon

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Hoping you feel better! I am worried about side effects.
Mia6 Mia6 We are scheduled for our second vaccine on Friday, but our weatherweenies are calling for a mix in the morning, which is when our appts are. We're nervous about it.

We went for our monthly grocery run this morning. WARNING: There was not a can of Friskies Buffet cat food to be found on the shelves. I immediately hit Chewy for 7 cases of canned cat food, which will probably be delivered tomorrow/Tuesday. And even Chewy is having some problems with their stock.
  • Got up early to hit the grocery store and put gas in the car. We are to get ice and snow later on today. Again.
  • The plumber is here to check our toilet, which seems to be leaking off and on. He has three feline "assistants" checking on him. They're sitting on the bathroom counter and in my sink. Thankfully the guy likes cats! I told Molli and Muffin that the bathroom is a neutral zone.....no arguing.
  • Weather permitting, we're going to take the Kindle up to Rick's mom this afternoon.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeling much better! The side effects stopped around 11AM yesterday!
Feel normal.. I was resting so much this weekend, that I could not get tired last night. I was up until 1am.. Either that or it was the lipitor I was taking..

*Up late.. Geoffrey was not happy. He wanted me up at 7am.. I stayed in bed until 8am.
*late version of regular morning stuff
*having printer issues again!! I thought I fixed it.. but no.. different things now.. ugh..
I wanted to make copies of my Covid Vaccination Card.. but could not.. not accepting paper, saying ink is low.. dam...
I think there is at least a paper jam somewhere. I have the printer on top of my chest of drawers. It is a high chest, and I need a step stool to access the printer.. I tried dealing with it, but got frustrated.. I will leave it for another day..
I should just dump it out and get a new one..
* I had to deal with the 3-4 things at once.. printer issues, issues with downloading update on laptop, eyelash is growing into eye, leaving me tearing.. ugh.. I was kind of getting upset..
*changed bed linens.
*picked up boxes and mail
*Washed out humidifiers with vinegar and refilled with my Brita Water.. had to refill pitchers.. pain in the butt to do..

Leaving printer for tomorrow, or whenever. I also need to remember to get the inspection sticker for my car.. They were not open today--Presidents day.. and we are getting a couple of ice/snow storms this week... One day, inside while storming, next day is clean up... ugh.. I need to get out there..

I also need to print up tax information. They are not mailing them to you, anymore.. If they are, they are charging me.. ugh....

I really need a new laptop and printer.. They are both old.. I got them at the same time, at the Apple store.. ugh...

And I need to fight with Comcast! and I have a Baby Shower, on Zoom, to attend on Saturday..
That will be inters testing..

So, here I am sitting on my butt, with a decaf coffee..waiting for the ice storm, which we are getting tonight and tomorrow.. ugh..

Kind of a complaining reply today.. sorry.. I guess I am in a bad mood..
I managed to pluck the eyelash which was growing into my eye, but it is still tearing.. not feeling itchy anymore.. I think the eyelash scratched the eye.. dam..

Sorry again.. just venting.. and in a bad mood.. good thing I am by myself... I can only take it out on myself..
Even Geoffrey is sensing my mood and staying away from me...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
********* HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: ***********
Yesterday was a 'nothing' day for me.. and for several other tenants in the building.
The Second Covid shot; really did a few of us in..
I hope you are feeling better. We get our second vaccine on Thursday. I am not expecting any problems as I never had a problem getting the flu shot. My brother and his wife are 74 and they are still trying to get their first vaccine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
One of my buddies at work was scheduled for his second vaccine tomorrow. The hospital just contacted him to cancel. They never got the vaccine shipment they were supposed to get. No further instructions.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
One of my buddies at work was scheduled for his second vaccine tomorrow. The hospital just contacted him to cancel. They never got the vaccine shipment they were supposed to get. No further instructions.
Last week, In Massachusetts, the Governor cancelled all shipments of the vaccine to hospitals. Instead, he is focusing on CVS, Walgreens and the “Official “ Vaccination sites in the state.

According to an email I got from one of my hospitals, “there is not enough vaccine to go around “. That is why hospitals are canceled.

Supposedly, they do not know when we willbe getting more shipments

It is such a mess. I mean it. I am so lucky to live here and to have gotten the vaccine.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Although we only got about 2 inches of snow, Kaylee got a lot and won't be in. Jon added more hours
so I'll have 3, 3 hour days.

Will wash some bedding and do some light things

The nerve block was declined by my insurance. They'll do an appeal.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm sorry your nerve block was declined. Insurance companies can really suck sometimes. I hope the appeal is successful.

Ice, ice, and more ice. We have icicles hanging everywhere. We were lucky, though; we didn't lose power. We had our phones charged, just in case. Most of it is now changing over to mostly rain. Good. I am getting really tired of all this crap!
  • Breakfast for the girls (Rick didn't run the dishwasher last night bc it wasn't full at all, so I'm just sitting back here with my coffee
  • On my second of four loads of laundry
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc.
  • I'd like to put all the Winterberry away and bring out the Fiesta today.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester As do I. I think he should have asked for pre-approval first. Nicole used to do pre-certs before she retired and
she said most docs asked for pre-approval. He just orders what he thinks needs done and leaves the paperwork to someone
else. His secretary sounded very knowledgeable so that made me feel better.

Too icy for a Muffin walk?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Sorry about the Insurance issue.. Insurance companies stink!! They really do.. If they'd o not get you one way, premiums; they get you another, deductibles... and then the prior authorizations! OMG.. almost like a pet insurance company.. and we are humans!! I think...

Glad Kaylees hours are increased. Now, lets see if she does more work.. How is the adoption going for her?

Winchester Winchester , We were supposed to get some icing here.. On the coast it would have been rain.
I woke up to nothing but rain!! and warmth!! Was not expecting it, but it will be somewhat around 40 degrees today... I should have done my errands... but..

Today:
Had a broken nights sleep.. Was up several times with leg cramps. I stayed in bed, very late.. Geoffrey was not amused... but he was a good boy. He did not wake me. He wanted to play each time I got up, to walk off the cramp, but he did not wake me up...
On my second cup of coffee..
*Regular Morning stuff
*pick up mail
*deal with printer!! ugh.. thankless job If not working.. I give up.. Will see if I can find someone, to make copies of Covid Card. I think the building has one that we can use. Have to call about it.
*Call for appointment to pick up new eyeglasses~~ they came in last Friday.
*REmind myself to get up early, and get an inspection sticker.. I hopefully, can do that early tomorrow morning. It will be very cold, but..
I can go for the sticker, and then pick up glasses, hopefully home by 10 am..

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I don't have any copays, premiums or deductibles because I am on disability insurance.
I've had other procedures that were paid for but it's been awhile. There have been times they won't pay
for a depression meds but they eventually they have to because it's a state law.

regular stuff

Hopefully Kaylee can make it in

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I tried the printer. This is after unplugging it for 2 days..
Amazingly, it worked!!! But it said that it's root was full.. I do not know what that means.. I looked it up online.. It said to update the program. I cannot find out where to on the printer..
This will be my next project..

Today:
*brief morning stuff..
*have to get a car inspection sticker, this morning
*pick up new glasses
*get some things at the produce store... bread, grapes, potato, etc
*hopefully, home early...

Getting a 36 hour storm, 4-8 inches of snow, beginning Thursday night... ugh..

Gotta go...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You update the driver using your computer, since your printer is attached to your computer. Look for an updated driver online for your printer model. Download it and install it to your computer. I think that's what you're talking about.
You talked about unplugging your printer. I was having some trouble with an old computer (this was years ago). Took it into the shop for them to take a gander at it. The guy told me a story about one of his clients. Every every 4-5 months, the client would take his computer apart, put the computer tower in his car, and drive it around his neighborhood for a while. He'd come back home, put the computer back together and it would work again! For about 4-5 months, then it would bite the dust. So he'd do the same thing. He did that for a couple of years before he said "Enough!" and bought a new computer. No way could I do that; it takes forever to take my computer apart and get it back together again.

Due to the weather on Friday (4-8 inches of snow, starting Thursday and ending sometime on Friday), Rick and I have been re-scheduled for our second vaccine now for early Sunday morning. We both received texts and I just received an email. That is a big worry off us now. Oh, we would have gone over on Friday, even in the snow, if we had had to. But it's nice to know we don't. And Sunday is to be fairly nice, so it works. There was an article in our newspaper about problems with vaccine delivery because of weather.
  • Rick got up with the girls; Molli and I lounged until almost 9:00, then we got up. I gave them their after-breakfast breakfast and Muffin and I just came back inside from our walk. I'll scoop in a bit, after we bring the trash can up from the bottom of the driveway; the trash weenies came this morning. Rick has to refill the suet feeders; some of them are getting low again. He's pretty good about making sure there's suet for the birds. We bought a few cases of different kinds; they seem to really like the high-protein stuff. (This morning, when Muffin and I were outside, an oil delivery truck came up the driveway across the road from us. The driver just sat in the road for a while and I didn't know what was going on. Finally, he rolled his window down and yelled up that all cats should be treated as good as my cat. Muffin and I thanked him, he blew his horn and took off. I think it's pretty well known that I'm the crazy cat lady in the neighborhood.)
  • Must go out to the WeShed to check on plants. I now have five African violets and they are all blooming. They are gorgeous. All from one plant. They've really established themselves out in the WeShed now. The baby cactus finished a bloom a couple weeks ago and is already budding out for a second bloom. Rick's mom's Easter lily is doing beautifully; the planted is just loaded with lilies. I haven't been out for a day or so, so I need to make sure they're OK.
  • A bit of a vacuum and swiffer about the house. Nothing major.
  • More Bones tonight. Almost done with the first season.
ETA: I forgot to mention that Rick called his mom yesterday to tell her that he was bringing the Kindle to her in the afternoon. The very first thing she said was "Is Pam making doughnuts? Today is Fat Tuesday." Rick told her that I had mentioned it, but wasn't making them today, meaning yesterday/Tuesday. To which his mom said, "Now that she's retired she should have time to make doughnuts when they're supposed to be made!" It kind of p*ssed me off, to be honest. She always gets her baked goods, maybe not on the same day she thinks she should get them. But she always gets them. I make sure to make her her doughnuts, I make sure she has hot crossed buns for Easter, I make sure she gets a supply of cookies. Sticky buns. Even if we can't go into visit with her, we always drop baked treats off for her. Always! I always make sure! And I will make doughnuts for her, just not this week. She's not a happy camper. And you know what? I'm not either.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks for the tutorial!! Yes, I will have to look up my HP printer, on line.
So the 'root' is another word for 'driver',,, I guess that is what 'drives' the printer..

The unplugging story was pretty much what I do with the printer.. Every few months, I have to unplug it, because it will not work.. or has error messages; or, as in this time, had a paper jam, then would not catch the paper, kept saying the drawer was empty...

Thinking this will be my next major expense... If I ever pay off my credit card debt... A new laptop and a new printer... Maybe by then, someone can come in, to help me set it up...

Back from my outside errands.. had another cup of coffee, a couple of slices of fresh Italian Scali Bread with butter... now, I am stuffed and sleepy.... I could lie down..

Geoffrey was all over me when I came home~~ crying... He wanted me to stop what I was doing and play with him!!!! and he also wanted his dry food.. Nope, he knows that he gets the dry food AFTER he finishes his wet food.
Sticking to my guns...

Yes, Muffin is such a spoiled little girl.. I think I would be doing the same thing.. if I could..
Your kitties have hit the lottery when they came to live with you!

We are expecting the storm on Thursday night into Friday~~ 36 hours of snow.. 4-8 inches... We will see. I have a pretty good parking spot, and do not anticipate going out until next week.
Using up my stash, and if really needed, getting a couple of things in the building's store..

Inspection sticker is Done!! Got there at 8:30am... had to wait around 10 minted for the guy to begin it.. I was the first one in line. So Good to have it done and over with..
Thank you, Pam, for reminding me about it.

Thinking, I will soon, go cuddle with Geoffie on my bed.. it is cuddle time..

Status
Not open for further replies.