Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! artiemom artiemom and Geoffrey and Mia6 Mia6 and Big Cal! :redheartpump: We had a nice day yesterday. Since I did most of it on Saturday, all I really needed to do was grill the lettuce and make the dressing for the Caesar salad. And put the lasagna into the oven. My sister and BIL came over to pick up their food and then Bob came in to get his. Everybody said all was delicious.
  • My turn to get up with the girls. Gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Two loads of laundry to work on this morning.
  • We're taking some chocolates (nothing fancy, a couple packages of Dove), a slab of coconut cake, and some buttered bread from yesterday up to Rick's mom. She says, "Just one piece of bread with butter please!" It's been ages since she's had homemade bread and she can't wait. She loves mandarin oranges, so we picked up a bag for her. We're going to pick up her Kindle, I'm going to order noise-canceling headphones for her, then install audio books from the library on her Kindle. Her new room doesn't have a tv and she listens to the news a lot, so we're going to talk to somebody about getting her a tv, too.
  • A simple vacuum and swiffer about the house, along with cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Nothing major. I want to do things today, so I can go out to the WeShed for the day on Tuesday to begin my book. I still haven't had time to even open the thing! I don't want to read for an hour or so, then put the book down. I want to spend the whole day reading and finish it in one setting.
  • About halfway through Season 3 of Lucifer.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a quiet day...
nothing much going on..
Just did regular stuff, cuddled with Geoffrey, had chicken soup for supper, watched some of "
"This is Us".. cleaned the humidifiers with vinegar, played with G... nothing else..

Today:
just as quiet..
*regular morning stuff
*pay a couple of bills
* I really need to run car for a while.. It is bitterly cold outside, has been for a couple fo days.. I have not used it, but have remotely run it... Probably tomorrow will check it out.. and go out, for something..

I am not excited about tonights supper: dry salmon with their version of turkey tortilla soup.. I can hardly wait.. I have a bit of leftover chicken soup, from yesterday. I think I will take out a rice cup, and have that with it..

Wednesday is a hair cut.. Whole Foods is around the corner from the hairdresser. Although the store is Whole Paycheck, their roteisseir chicken is so good.. it is organic, and baked so well.. I may drop in to pick one up, for the week. Their sourdough bread is really good also.

Or I may try Trader Joes. I have not been there since well before Christmas.. a long time for me..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

wash blankets and throws

Had an intestinal bug yesterday so Kaylee didn't come in and I'm not having her come in today. either.
For the first time in about 2 weeks I was not wakened by my neighbor's kids. It was getting old really fast.
Cuddled with Cal and had chicken soup, canned( and saltines.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Mr. Meow Mr. Meow and strider rose strider rose ! :hugs:
artiemom artiemom I dearly love TJs! I still have some money left on a TJs gift card and it's been calling to me. We have quite a distance to drive, about 60 miles, to hit our closest TJs, so we only go twice a year or so. While I like Whole Paycheck, there is not one close to us at all.
Mia6 Mia6 I hope you're feeling better this morning!

Molli and I lounged this morning until almost 10:00! Rick got up with the girls and when I woke up, it was sleeting like crazy against the windows. I thought, "Well, this is a good morning to stay in bed." So I did!
  • Dragged my (very!) lazy butt out of bed, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, and am working on my morning coffee. Muffin is now yelling for her walk. I keep telling her that it's sleeting outside and does she really want to go out in that mess? "Yes! Yes, I do!" So we'll be going out shortly. Thank goodness for pink blankies!
  • I said I was going to spend the day reading in the shed, but tomorrow is another day. I have a load of kitty linens to wash. Rick said that Molli threw her breakfast up on the pillow in the wicker basket Before she came back to cuddle with me and it's soaking as I type.
  • My new (to me) cookbooks came yesterday. I think I'll spend some time looking through them. I love looking through cookbooks and will read them like a novel. So many interesting recipes. But let's face it; I could live to be 1,000 years old and never have the time to make every recipe that I'd like to make.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself woke up with a nosebleed. Got that stopped and I washed flannel top sheet, thermal blanket, pillow case, pillow cover. Need to wash his pillow too.

Winchester Winchester your weather is supposedly headed our way. Parked my car at the bottom of the driveway and walked back up, pulling the empty garbage can behind me. Got an alert via email last night that trash collection could be impacted by the weather so be sure to have things in place for collection by 4:00 a.m. We tend to bring it down by 4:00 p.m. - preferable to the dark of night, don't you agree?

May run out of orange juice but otherwise we're good. I think I want a second mug of coffee today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a bit mixed up...

*Geoffrey woke me up
*Played with him,
*Fed him
* briefly on computer
*Quick shower, made bed
*Out to TJ... My car needed gas, and it needed a road trip.
I did not make senior hours. I was an hour late.. It was ok as I entered, but it filled up quiet a bit.
*Filled up tank.
Another cup of coffee, phone call
*wash dishes, vacuumed.

Geoffrey is downright refusing his food.dam.. it is a mix of the new and old RC Rabbit.. dam that they changed formula. I put it half and half. I have been slowly easing in for a week.
He refused it until 3:30pm yesterday, then ate half of it..

I am not letting in today. I will not go through another fussy food cat... It is heartbreaking and maddening. Geoffrey keeps walking around, crying, coming after me, and eating anything he is not supposed to..
UGH..

I do not know why, but I feel a bit nauseous.. perhaps the coffee? But I am taking prescription stomach acid pills...
I had oatmeal for breakfast, and just forced myself to have a bagel.

Geoffrey is sitting on the sofa, next to me, on his blanket.. Yes, HIS blanket.. It was MINE before he took possession of it...

Covid is making a staring in this building.. Was informed last night that there is another case.. That means 6 cases in 3 weeks... not good.
Coming home I saw a worker with a tank strapped to his back, with a sprayer. He is going around, disinfecting the building.. OMG...
He told me that we will be getting another call; re: another case, today.. OMG...
It is starting.. all over again..

They are going to do more testing in here, soon.. They want to get a jump on it..
Right as we are in the middle of the vaccines... dam..

It seems, from what I hear, that most of the cases are on one particular floor.. The same floor where it started last year.. These people like to party... dam. You would have thought they smartened up after all of that..

Rescheduled my hair appointment for next week--we are getting some snow tonight and flurries tomorrow. I really do not feel like going out in snow, with a mask..

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just took brownies out of the oven. The whole house smells chocolatey! :yummy: I thought about swirling some homemade caramel in before I baked them, but it would affect the baking time somewhat. I figured it works just as well—if not better—to “frost” each brownie with caramel before we eat it.

I called the vet’s office this morning. I had to take Iris in on Friday because of urinary issues, and this is Day 4 of antibiotics. She doesn’t seem to be in pain or leaking pink-colored urine all over the house like she was on Friday, but she’s peeing (in the box, thankfully) every two to three and a half hours round the clock. My vet isn’t in today but will call me tomorrow morning. The second vet is there, but she’s mediocre at best so we’ll wait. Iris is eating and seems comfortable. No blood in her urine.

Making a batch of chicken cat food this afternoon. I need to cut them back a bit so I’ll measure out smaller portions. The vet commented that Iris was getting plump! I knew she’d gained weight...and the other two have as well. Oops. Sorry girls.:)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault How is Himself? No more nosebleeds?
artiemom artiemom I hope G starts eating again. I'm so sorry that the virus is in your building. That has to be scary for you.
Tobermory Tobermory Good luck with Iris. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

Rick's mom called us yesterday. She was crying. It had been so long since she had homemade buttered bread and she said it was just delicious. Sometimes it's the little things that people enjoy the most. She was always such a baker. And she had asked me for "just one little slice of bread with a bit of butter" a few months ago, but we weren't allowed to even stop by to give her anything at that point. The place was completely locked down. So the other day, when we stopped in for her Kindle, we had a small box with her body wash, shampoo, etc. And we stuck some chocolates in there, too. A slab of coconut cake. And two thick slices of that braided bread with just butter. She said it was wonderful and she couldn't thank us enough. Like I said, it's the little things.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am drinking my coffee.
  • Muffin and I were already out for a "slide". It's really slippery outside and I kept telling her that I didn't want to take a chance on falling. Did you ever tell a cat No? And did it work? NO! The grass is really crunchy, but the sidewalk is very slippery. But she yelled at the rooster down the road and the dog in the window in the house behind us yelled at her, so I guess that's all that mattered. Honestly, she's just adorable in her pink blankie and I really don't mind taking her out. Just not when it's slippery. (Banshee and I used to go for a walk on every day, but the absolute worst days, so I'm used to it. She had her own blankie and I'd wrap her up and we'd go outside. Banshee was not quite as demanding as Muffin is!)
  • Some straightening-up around the house, nothing major today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning was quiet. Need to go to family health clinic for Himself to have PT/INR and blood draw for other tests. No one said he had to go in fasting so he had breakfast and will have lunch.

I don't know what it could be except the new blood thinner. He never had nose bleeds when on coumadin. This winter we have a humidifier in our bedroom that runs at night, one in the great room that runs when the wood burning stove is going, so we don't think it's winter-dry air.

Negligible amount of precipitation yesterday and today is above freezing so I'll retrieve my car from the bottom of the driveway when we return home.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester thanks. It took all day for Geoffrey to a tiny bit of the wet food mixture. Ugh 🤦‍♀️

Today, he is only getting his dry mix. This morning; he was shocked that he did not get the wet! He was expecting a bit of the wet Omgosh. Such a weird cat.
Today:
*reg morning stuff
*went out to clean the snow off my car. We got about 3 -4 inches. The person parked next to me— a nice woman, was cleaning off her car. She is tiny in stature, I am taller, with a long handled snow brush. I did her car for her— actually, we both did it. She had a tiny shovel, trying to get the snow up. I took it away from her and finished up. So both spots are nice and clean. I do not really intend to go out for a few days.
*sweating when I came in.
* got mail, changed clothes
* lying on bed with Geoffrey

nothing else for rest of day.
-~~~~~~~<<<<
oh Covid is worse in here. Got a Phone update last night. Yes, the tenant I knew an was mentioned, bilirubin also an additional staff member !!!!!!! Omgosh. Getting bad

There have been 9 people, including staff, who came down with Covid, since the first of the year!!’!!! So mad

And I found out that people are having card games, and parties in here!! Nightly get togethers! Going out to eat in groups!

So furious at them. I know who many of yhem are. Idiots.
Sorry about ranting. I am so mad at them. Here I am, staying in, getting up early for senior hours, double masking, and there imbeciles are doing what they want.
:livid::livid::livid::livid::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::argh::argh::argh::argh::bat::bat:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to my treatment at the hospital this morning
tonite i might write some letters
maybe make some cat toys

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am so sorry. Some people? Well, they just don't care. Our admin assistant at work just lost her father to Covid. She does not wear a mask and she's not getting the vaccine. She said that she'll be protected because everybody else around her will be getting the vaccine and that will protect her, too. You can't reason with people.
@catpault I hope Himself will not have another nosebleed.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. Muffin awakened Molli and I at 8:30 for her after-breakfast breakfast. We got up, I fed everybody, made my coffee and was sitting back here.
  • Muffin started yelling for her walk. Rick and I told her that it's simply frigid outside and she and her mom would both freeze their tookus off while walking and she was not going out. Well, that went over well. I wrapped her up and away we went. Got around the corner of the house and that gusting wind hit us. Muffin cringed into the blankie and started to meow. "No! Mom, no!" And we went back into the house. The wind is really nasty this morning and we won't get even into the 20s today. Brrrrrrr I brought her back inside, unwrapped her, and she ran back to the bedroom. She hopped into her stroller and is napping.
  • Just some general cleaning today. I need to do a quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
today was laundry day so i did that first and then went to good will to look around
letters maybe
cat toys later tonite

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got out to the WeShed yesterday. Watered the plants, gave it a good vacuuming, followed by a swiffer. I turned the heat up a bit; since our lows are in single digits and our highs only in the teens with a strong, gusty wind, it was chilly. I was worried about the violets. Then went back out last night to watch a few episodes of Lucifer and enjoy a Smirnoff Ice.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • Two loads of laundry this morning
  • Clean about the house a bit
  • Three of my five library books that were on Hold were downloaded last night. I need to start reading them. I also downloaded a bunch of free books to the Kindle from freebooksy. The books are OK, about what you'd expect for free books. I keep them and then read them when I've nothing better to read. (No, I still have not read Scorpion's Tale. I'm saving that for a full day of doing nothing but reading.)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing darks now

Kaylee found out she is allowed to foster the baby boy she wants to adopt. He is 3 months old, born to
a woman addicted to crack. Baby is still in hospital. She wants a baby badly, I just hope this works out.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing darks now

Kaylee found out she is allowed to foster the baby boy she wants to adopt. He is 3 months old, born to
a woman addicted to crack. Baby is still in hospital. She wants a baby badly, I just hope this works out.
Congrats to Kaylee but babies born addicted is a tough road. We almost got my SIL's baby that was going to have fetal alcohol syndrome. Add on the fact that I was also pregnant at the time so would have had two newborns at the same time. God had a saving grace and took the baby before it was born. Drugs/Alcohol have a damaging effect for years after the baby is born but it is so worth seeing all the little milestones coming about when they happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.