Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy ((((((HUGS))))))))
I am keeping you in my thoughts.. You must be frightened, and concerned..

I hope you home is taking steps for testing... testing is very important.. to find out who the carriers are.. and to isolate the positive cases. I am hoping the local board of heath is fully involved with this, as well as the state...

Keep your mask on when anyone comes into your apartment.. Wipe down the door handles and anything else they touch... keep washing your hands.. keep a safe distance from them.. demand they also wear gloves---new ones when they enter your apartment.. If you have any hand sanitizer.. make sure they use them!!! I mean it..

If you have to leave your apartment, use double masks and gloves.. wash hands immediately when reentering your apartment, BEFORE you remove your mask, and dry your hands with PAPER TOWELS only, immediately throwing them out.. These are the instructions we were given.

I remember when we were quarantined in our apartments for 9 weeks.. It was horrible.. We had such an outbreak... The fire department and the ambulances were constantly here..
At one point there were 2 lined up at the back door, and one at the front door..

It was frightening.. We ended up with 28 cases, 18 deaths... just from Covid.. it was horrible..

Do you have any friends in your building? I mean whom you can call to share thoughts? That is what got us through that time.. We were in constant contact with anyone.. people we did not even know..

I will add you to my prayers.. I mean it...I do not mean to scare you, but these are the things we had to do. I am writing from experience...
(((HUGS))) love......

Also, management, at least according to the rules in my state, need to keep both YOU and Your Contact people informed as to what is happening with Covid.. It is a state mandate, by our Governor.
~~~~~~
Yesterday:
regular stuff, emptied out the cabinet under the sink, put in a work request for the kitchen faucet..

Did not feel well---bowel issues... not sick, just my issues, so I lied down, cuddling with Geoffrey..

He was such a nurse.. I was on my side; fetal position, he came right up to my belly, curled up tight against it~ warmth and purring.. just what I needed..

Jose came up, fixed the faucet--I did not even need to take the stuff out... ugh..

Put things back, made a cup of tea.. nothing else.. phone call..

Today...
*up early,
*reg morning stuff
*laundry will be returned, so I need to put it away
*vaccine at noon or so...
nothing else planned.

I am kind of nervous about getting the vaccine, but I know I need to take it.. They are making it so easy for us.. CVS wants to vaccinate the entire building plus staff, today..
returning in 3 week for the second dose.. It is supposed to be the Pfizer vaccine. My friend in Florida had the Moderna..

I am worried about side effects.. I really am.. I seem to get more and more side effects, each time I get a vaccine... ugh..

I am staying a total of 30 minutes.. I think I will take my asthma inhaler with me--just in case..
I am also planning on taking a benadryl when I return to my apartment.. just in case. It will not hurt me.. just make me drowsy.. and a couple of tylenol... massage the injection site..

ugh.. gotta get going.. I am on my second cup of coffee; drank 1/2, have had enough coffee for the day...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy ((((((HUGS))))))))
I am keeping you in my thoughts.. You must be frightened, and concer

I will add you to my prayers.. I mean it...I do not mean to scare you, but these are the things we had to do. I am writing from experience...
(((HUGS))) love......u
Thanks for your concern and advice.

The hardest part is going to be washing my hands so often I am used to being alone in my room so that part does not bother me. The people on this forum are pretty much the only people I have to talk to. I am friendly with some of the people here but have not been able to have a real conversion with them if you know what I mean. Some of them think I am a man. LOL.

Oddly I am not that worried about getting Covid. I am much more concerned about my digestive and knee problems.

After I left rehab last March the virus took over. It was a nursing home/rehab place and there
were 300 cases of Covid and 30 deaths I was lucky to get out of there when I did.

Good luck with getting your vaccine today. I hope you have no side affects.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy This is how it started with Rick's mother's residence. People started being extra-cautious. But, despite everything, every single resident and all of the staff got it. Rick's mom got it, but thankfully, she came through fine. But it got so bad that a local hospital had to send people and staff inside to care for the residents and to take over control of the home. Unfortunately, the only news we received was from Rick's mom herself. And a couple of phone calls that his sister made to a friend who works there. The home never really contacted us....and then apologized profusely for "thinking" everybody was informed after it was all over. You're entitled to the information and you need to know what's going on. So does your sister. I hope the "People in Charge" are better at letting everybody know what's going on than the people did in Evelyn's home. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. :hugs:

We got back from getting our first Covid vaccine around 10.00. Rick's appt was for 8:30 and mine was for 8:40. We had to show ID and proof of insurance. That was it. They had us on record, asked me some questions about my allergy to OTC pain meds. Shot me up, and I had to sit for 15 minutes, just to ensure things were OK. I got into the building at 8:35 and was back out at 9:05 and 15 minutes of that was waiting time. Very efficient. Very efficient. We both go back on Feb 19 for the second vaccine.
  • Rick fed the girls this morning, while I got ready to go.
  • Had the Covid vaccine's first dose.
  • Came back and completely crashed. I didn't sleep last night as I was worried about this morning. So we got home, fed the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, I turned the electric blanket on High, and hit the bed. And that was it until the girls awakened me at 1:00 for lunch. Rick just now got up from his nap. The woman who gave me the vaccine said that the first dose does make some people exceedingly sleepy. Guess I was one of them! As was Dear Richard.
And that was our day. I may go out to the WeShed tonight to watch some Lucifer.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy This is how it started with Rick's mother's residence. People started being extra-cautious. But, despite everything, every single resident and all of the staff got it. Rick's mom got it, but thankfully, she came through fine. But it got so bad that a local hospital had to send people and staff inside to care for the residents and to take over control of the home. Unfortunately, the only news we received was from Rick's mom herself. And a couple of phone calls that his sister made to a friend who works there. The home never really contacted us....and then apologized profusely for "thinking" everybody was informed after it was all over. You're entitled to the information and you need to know what's going on. So does your sister. I hope the "People in Charge" are better at letting everybody know what's going on than the people did in Evelyn's home. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. :hugs:

We got back from getting our first Covid vaccine around 10.00. Rick's appt was for 8:30 and mine was for 8:40. We had to show ID and proof of insurance. That was it. They had us on record, asked me some questions about my allergy to OTC pain meds. Shot me up, and I had to sit for 15 minutes, just to ensure things were OK. I got into the building at 8:35 and was back out at 9:05 and 15 minutes of that was waiting time. Very efficient. Very efficient. We both go back on Feb 19 for the second vaccine.
  • Rick fed the girls this morning, while I got ready to go.
  • Had the Covid vaccine's first dose.
  • Came back and completely crashed. I didn't sleep last night as I was worried about this morning. So we got home, fed the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, I turned the electric blanket on High, and hit the bed. And that was it until the girls awakened me at 1:00 for lunch. Rick just now got up from his nap. The woman who gave me the vaccine said that the first dose does make some people exceedingly sleepy. Guess I was one of them! As was Dear Richard.
And that was our day. I may go out to the WeShed tonight to watch some Lucifer.
I had my fist Pfizer Covid Dose at about 12:30 this afternoon. A wait for it, a long process, but it was very efficient.
I was able to talk with one of the pharmacist’s and she gave me the shot. I asked a ton of questions. She was good.
There were tons of staff. Many from CVS, and some from other buildings in the group. The building had us wait in the dining room, socially distancing, with staff, providing snacks, water and juice. They even wanted to take a picture of each person who was vaccinated. They wiped down the chairs and tables after people left.

I was talking with a staff member. They planned on 284 people, including staff—- about 84% of building population. Some people are not physically in the building; rehab, Florida, out of state... so it was a good turnout.

it is done. Now just expecting my usual reaction. Both my pcp and the pharmacist said to expect it.
I waited 30 minutes after the vaccine. I took a couple of Benadryl, just in case. Can’t hurt.

Relaxing rest of the day

I did do regular morning stuff
Dumped and washed litter box
Cuddled with G for a few
A couple of phone calls.

now to relax. Cannot believe it is this late in afternoon. But it is done.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom That first dose really knocked me out, although it could have also been that I didn't sleep well last night. My arm is starting to hurt now, but, so far, it's minor. Rick is feeling a lot like I am, very sleepy with a bit of pain at the injection site.

We were all socially distanced while sitting there after the vaccine. I found Rick and sat down with him. There was a woman wiping down chairs as soon as people left. (I hope Biden will be able to get the vaccines in production again and get them out to the health care people for the public. They'll take care of the rest of it. And very well, too. But they need the vaccine.)

But you're right, Cindy. It is done. Now we just wait for the next dose.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I know what you mean. As soon as I finished posting, I ended up feeling chilly; so I went to lie down on top of the bed with G.. I took a heavy hand made blanket to cover up with. I fell asleep, despite 2 phone calls.. Still feeling a bit cold.

My arm is beginning to get sore... not bad~~ just starting.
My friend, who had the Moderna vaccine, down in Florida, said her arm was pretty sore, no other reaction..

I do not know if this is related or not, but I feel a bit asthmatic. Who knows? I did wash down the litter box, and clean the tub with lysol lemon cleaner.

I feel washed out.. It could be just from the Benadryl, so tomorrow will be the 'test' day... so far, no torso rash, but that usually comes out overnight..

Do you know which vaccine you got? I got the Pfizer.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester:
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to here that your m/l is doing good. My mother's name was Evelyn. I have gotten attached to some of the aides and residents here and I would hate for anything to happen to them.

No one on the staff as yet to say anything to me about the Covid spreading here. My sister received another email saying that another staff member tested positive for Covid. That makes 3 staff members and 3 residents have tested positive. There are about 60 residents here.

I hope you are doing OK after receiving your vaccine. I have one question. Did it hurt? It seems like having something frozen injected in your arm would hurt. I am scared of needles.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy That's neat that your mother was Evelyn, too! The vaccine itself is in powdered form and then mixed with water, so no, it's not frozen when injected. That's how it was explained to us. They take it out of the freezer for about 30 minutes, mix it with water, and then inject it into the arm. The jab hurt, but just as I said, "Ouch!" it was over. Maybe you'll get somebody who is gentler on the arm. And as the day and night progressed, my arm did ache at the injection site. As did Rick's. It still aches this morning, but not as badly as yesterday and it won't stop me at all from doing what I want to do today. I'm not fond of needles either, not at all. I'm going to survive. :hugs:
  • Got up with the girls today and will let Rick snooze away until he feels like dragging his butt out of bed. Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am drinking my coffee now. Molli was back here with me, but she decided I was boring her, so she meowed at me to let her in the bedroom with Rick.
  • We're going in to pick up THE white coconut cake today for my birthday dinner tomorrow.
  • Must make a strawberry angle food trifle. Dear Richard won't eat coconut, so I'm making this so that he can enjoy something for dessert tomorrow, too. I'll need to bake the angel food cake this morning and let it cool.
  • Making two big pans of lasagna. One pan (with the leftovers will be for us). I'm splitting the other pan between my sister and BIL with the other half for Bob.
  • I'm also making two loaves of egg braid bread with a bit of garlic butter, again one loaf for us and the other loaf to be shared.
  • And I'll need to do the croutons today for the Caesar salad tomorrow.
So it will be a bit busy this afternoon around here! I haven't really been out to the shed in a couple of days, other than on Thursday afternoon when I went out to read, but fell asleep instead. That couch out there is so darn comfortable! I need to check/water the plants.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

going to try to make the tent/box warmer for Juliette and Daniella. I've gone through about 18 throws,
old clothes I had bagged up for Marion's closet. I want Daniella to see a doc because of her poopy
butt. It was 18 degrees last night and will only be in the 20s today. I called one of the shelters and they
wouldn't take them because they had no space.I'm going to ask Nicole to get me a few hot water bottles
I can only do so much physically and they seem warm underneath the patio umbrella and in their tent.

may read or watch a movie

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Contact police about this mornings horrible and dangerous situation without Mom finding out
2. Look around yard at 15 degrees to see if anything is missing
3. Sanitize cat food bowls and dishes to make sure this intruder didn't mess with them.

I'm terrified from what I saw on our cam last night. This guy was inches from knocking down our door. And yet nothing is being done. :(

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Send me a slice of cake and a bit of trifle!! Please...

Mia6 Mia6 You are so kind, thinking of your extended family... and doing your best to keep them warm, safe and healthy.. love to you...

muffy muffy Just ((HUGS)))... I know what you are going through. I had the Pfizer vaccine. I asked them how they could transport it. They pointed to a cooler. The pharmacist told me that once it is defrosted, it can stay at normal refrigerator temp for a a few days.. They used a cooler to transport it. ....
It did not hurt.. no more than a regular shot.. I dating having it cold, is no big deal. So no extra fears..
I would just plan on not doing anything for a couple of days, after receiving the vaccine..

I sincerely hope they somehow get you into the loop for Covid news.. Have you thought of calling someone in charge to make sure you are updated.. I mean it. In my building, the executive director sends out the exact same robocall to tenants as well as our notification people.. This is for your stress level.. Not knowing is increasing your stress... I can really empathize.

Today:
Nothing scheduled to do. I planned it that way, since I did not know if I would have a reaction from the vaccine.
My muscle is sore. I say muscle, because that is just where it is sore. I only notice it when I try to lift my arm up, or lie on it.
I could not get to sleep last night.. probably because I napped during the day. I feel as if I slept better on the recliner with Geoffrey on my lap..
I am still feeling washed out.. I really am.. but that could be psychological--post vaccine stress loss, or lack of a good sleep last night, or the vaccine..
No rash yet.. I feel a bit sneezy.. but... who the heck knows.. I was hot and cold during the night.. sweaty also.. No fever.. just the blahs..

Today:
*Regular morning stuff
*trying to figure out what is for supper... I have nothing defrosted. I should have planned better.. but I do have a couple slices of pizza in the freezer and some homemade chicken soup.. I need to take the soup out soon.
*I could order a delivery.. but I do not even feel like going downstairs to pick it up.. Visitors are still not allowed in the building..
*Cuddle with Geoffrey
*nothing else... hopefully catch up on some TV Shows I recorded. An extremely lazy day...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Just ((HUGS)))... I know what you are going through. I had the Pfizer vaccine. I asked them how they could transport it. They pointed to a cooler. The pharmacist told me that once it is defrosted, it can stay at normal refrigerator temp for a a few days.. They used a cooler to transport it. ....
It did not hurt.. no more than a regular shot.. I dating having it cold, is no big deal. So no extra fears..
I would just plan on not doing anything for a couple of days, after receiving the vaccine..

I sincerely hope they somehow get you into the loop for Covid news.. Have you thought of calling someone in charge to make sure you are updated.. I mean it. In my building, the executive director sends out the exact same robocall to tenants as well as our notification people.. This is for your stress level.. Not knowing is increasing your stress... I can really empath
My sister has started sending me the emails she gets from Hartfields. So far no one here has said a thing to me about the Covid going around.

On Thursday morning my nurse came in my room covered in plastic but no one else was. No one on staff wears anything but a mask. They have closed the dinning room and they canceled all activites. No one seems to be quarantined. People are still walking up and down the halls. I don't know what the hell is going on. We get tested again on Monday.

I will tell my sister what is going on. If she wants do something she can. I am not dealing with it. I have my own problems. Maybe they need a few deaths before they will do anything.

Today:

1. The salesman came that sold me my new wheel chair. I told him what needs to be adjusted and he made them.

2. Did my PT exercises.

3. Took a shower by myself for the first time in over a year. The worst part was getting in and out of the shower.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard got up with the girls. Molli and I lounged until 9:00, then we got up, too.

I'm not doing much of anything today. It's my birthday and I intend to do as little as possible.
When Rick goes to bowl, I will hit the WeShed for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.