Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Take care of yourself.. I know what you mean about watching... it is frustrating.. I felt the same way when I severely broke my arm and needed homeware. I forced myself to get up and check on them.

Yesterday was really another blah day... tossed and turned all night. Woke up to Geoffrey wrenching, on the bed... sigh.. jumped out of bed, cleaned it up, ran to laundry room to wash bedspread, a couple of throws, and some shirts..
All before 7am!!! I was done by 9am.. but a ton of up and down..

Tried to take a nap--no go.. felt horrible..
Took a really late shower.. felt much improved after a shower...

Today:
*Quick version of reg morning stuff
*call in a couple of scripts
*Dentist for cleaning.. still putting off a crown. after Covid...
*pick up scripts, if ready
*maybe Starbucks
* nothing else..

Getting really lazy... all the weight I lost last year; is back... ugh... mad at myself.. But Lent will be here soon. I will give up chocolate, sweets, and alcoholic drinks.. not that I drink much, and it is not an issue, but I do it every year..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. A very light covering of white stuff this morning. But geez, it's cold. And windy. So tired of the wind. Last night I went to bed with a book and kept the tv off. I just read. No news, no talk shows, just a book. It felt good. Rick watched Bob Newhart on Hulu for a while, then he came to bed, too.
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, Muffin has gotten quite spoiled. Yesterday, a bird flew away from the suet feeder over to the tree right in front of us. The girl was beside herself and chittered away. She checks everything out, all kinds of noises, all kinds of things to watch. She hears the dog in the house behind us barking like crazy when we're in the back yard and she even yells at him. She watches vehicles drive by in the road in front of the house. She doesn't like the rooster down the road. There's not much that she misses. I keep her bundled up as much as I can and she seems OK with it. Yesterday, it was windy, though, and I could tell that she wasn't particularly amused by the cold wind. But the paws were still kneading in the blanket and she was still purring, so I guess it wasn't too bad. We talk the entire time we're outside, too. I don't know when she got to be so talkative. When she lived with Mom, we never heard a peep out of her. Now? She's turned into quite the talker. Rick says he swears she knows exactly what I'm saying, too.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Working on a load of laundry
  • When Rick gets up, we need to go to the bank (closed yesterday for MLK Day), hit the chocolate store in town (also closed yesterday), hit the butcher shop, go to the distributor for a case of Smirnoff Ice, and hit Lowes for softener salt. Not necessarily in that order. Might (might) go to Target for a new nonstick skillet. And that will be the last of our errands until sometime around the end of February.
  • A bit of vacuuming in the living room and kitchen.
We've been having trouble with Amber Louise peeing in the living room. We put a litter box in the room, thinking she was getting lazy in her old age (she'll be 19 in November) and didn't want to walk back into the kitchen to use that box. Well, that didn't work. Oh, she used the box in the living room, but she still peed. I brought one of the uncovered litterboxes out from the computer room and put it in the spot she was peeing on and....problem solved. For now anyway. Turns out she likes an uncovered box now; for a long time she only peed in covered boxes. (We have both covered and uncovered because the cats like different boxes.) She is in the final stages of renal failure. It looks weird to have an uncovered litter box right out in the open like this, but who's going to see it but Rick and me. And the cats. And it solves the problem. At least for now anyway. We have five boxes for the four cats and they're scooped every day, sometimes twice a day. It's not like the boxes are dirty.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying, Cindy.! artiemom artiemom I told her to take the day off today. Sometimes it's counterproductive
to babysit and tell her to do the same things I have been been since last March. When you are done
with the dishes, scrub the sink with comet...how hard is that? Sometimes if I'm resting, she'll get back
from store and rugs will be on steps from when she vacuumed. That's a excellent way to fall. and items
from store will still be in the bags and she's left 15 minutes early.

And now with her focus on baby, she'll be worse. Frankly, I doubt she's pass the home test. Her mother
smokes inside and not just cigarettes. CPS tends to foster babies who have been addicted to a substance
to people who have experience.

I hope you have a better day today. I started taking Align again, a pre/probiotic again and I feel more healthy
in my gut. I had to remind myself that my immune system is there, ha!!💖

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Set up my new Echo Show 8 when it arrives
2. Name the two Shows I have so that I can move the old one outside for the cats
3. Earn some money

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose So sorry about your friend

regular stuff

make list for Kaylee

I scheduled an appt. for Covid19 Vaccine. I will get it at Discount Drug Mart. At first only CVS was
going to have them but something changed in less than a week. I called yesterday afer not being
able to reach them in 3 days. I had a question, nothing to do wih Vaccine. Finally, yesterday Greg
answered and said since it was announced they would be administering the Vaccine, their phone
lines crashed!! I called back and already the phones had crashed, ha!! So I signed up online.
I think it will be the 9th of February but that is not a firm date.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Great news about the vaccine appointment! I am so glad for you..
I should be getting mine, later this week.. most likely Saturday.. Will let you know how it goes...

Yesterday was:
*regular morning stuff
*dentist appointment--cleaning
*Rite Aid to pick up scripts and some dry skin lotion
*Starbucks for Chai Latte..

Today is a busy day..
*regular morning stuff
*strip bed, put clean sheets on.
* Call for laundry pick up tomorrow; have to get it sorted out
*need to dump and clean litter box...

And.. in between, watch the Inauguration.. I will have the TV on all day..

Question which I asked in the United States Politics thread;
Is noon time or so, too early to have a celebratory alcoholic Beverage????

I have had a small bottle of champagne in the refrigerator for a long time.. I am thinking of popping it open, just after Joe rakes the Oath....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am scheduled for the first vaccine dose on February 16! Rick is still trying for an appointment. It came out on the news last night that people 65 could schedule for the vaccine and I immediately came back to the computer and set up my appointment. Rick waited, said he'd get around to it, and he wouldn't let me do it for him. Now he's still waiting as appointments filled up very quickly at our local hospital. A friend from work got his first dose yesterday; he's 48, but he's also on the Emergency Committee at work, so he was allowed. My sister is getting hers; some of the schools in our area have had vans come into the schools to do vaccines for the teachers. That's how she's getting hers.

@artimom Nope, nope, nope. Noon is not too early for a drink! If it is, then I'm guilty as charged; we have the champagne chilling and I'll be drinking, too! And I'll be raising my glass while he takes the oath. I have waited four very, very long years for this.
  • Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I got up around 8:30. Just finished my coffee and Muffin is meowing for her walk. It's snowing out, so that should prove interesting. Nothing major for the white stuff, just some lake effect snow and nothing to worry about.
  • On my second load of laundry this morning.
  • Watch the inauguration! :dance:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Litter box will wait. Watching inauguration. Getting weepy at times. I never ever knew how much the past has affected me. I feel so relieved.

Did manage to do:
Reg stuff
Called for laundry
Get laundry together
Change sheets
Descale humidifiers with bleach
I think that may be it.
Ugh. CVS is only coming in for one day!!!! They hope to do all tenants. All day Friday. Ugh.

This changes my plans!!! Ugh.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A friend called us with another number to try for the Covid vaccine. Rick immediately called the number and got both he and me appointments for the first vaccine tomorrow/Friday morning at 8:30 and 8:40! And they cancelled my appointment for February, too! Awesome! I gave the number to my sister and she and my BIL have appointments for Saturday morning!

This is how we celebrated yesterday for President Biden.....no, we don't have champagne flutes and it's not the prettiest set-up, but it did the job. Rick absolutely loves baked Brie and he finished it off in no time, even without the crackers. The chocolates are little hearts for V-Day, but I took them anyway bc we love America, right? It worked and I raised my glass during the actual inauguration, for both VP Harris and for President Biden. Awesome! We spent the afternoon on the couch in front of the television.
Celebrate.jpg

I got up with the girls this morning. And with a headache. Don't know if it's from the champagne or the chocolate....either could be the culprit. But it was worth it either way and life is still good.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher and am sitting back here with my coffee. Muffin and I will go for our walk around 9 or so. She doesn't mind the snow quite so much, but boy, she doesn't like the wind. I try to keep her head bundled up so the snow doesn't hit her all that much, but with the wind blowing it didn't do much good. And she was actually shivering yesterday, so it wasn't a good walk for her. I'll have to find something warmer. We thought about some kind of coat for her, but I don't know if I can get her in the thing.
  • A bit of a vacuuming and swiffering, nothing major
  • Just some straightening-up about the house
  • Got my Readers. The 3.00 seems to be a bit harsh, but the 2.50 works pretty good. If I start to feel any better this afternoon, I may hit the WeShed with my book.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester a perfect way for welcoming Prez Biden, Pammie!!!

regular stuff

put a load of darks in

I had a beastly headache yesterday that would not go away with Vicks on my forehead, so I
took 2 Advils, 2 Tums because the liquid in the gel cap gives me heartburn. My strong pain
meds do nothing for headaches. Still had it took another Advil and drank a Coke, headache
gone. I think the dmap weather may have had something to do with it.

Mia6 Mia6 i will be ok . she chose to end our friendship not me and over something petty too
I am so sorry. Maybe you can patch things up? :hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That is a great Celebration/Inauguration Day Table... love it...
Mine was not. I did not make a table.. I just had a strong drink, had a ton of popcorn... They delivered a poor imitation of lasagna.. and I ate it.. I ate so much, yesterday... Today, not so much.. I am still full from yesterday. No breakfast, just coffee...

I could not believe how much the inauguration and the celebrations meant to me.. I was teary eyed during the ceremony. I could not believe it. I guess my heart just felt relieved.. I never realized how the much the last 4 years, especially the last year, really affected me.. hidden emotions came to a head....

Today:
*regular morning stuff
* have to sort out Geoffrey's food..
* I have to take all the stuff out from under the sink..
I need a new faucet. It is very hard to regulate the temp; either hot or cold.. The handle is so loose. I have to catch it a certain way, in order to regulate it. It is easier to just use hot or cold, and wash hands in bathroom sink.
I wear gloves when washing dishes, so that is not an issue with the hot water.
* Wonder if they will come up today or tomorrow?

I know I can wait for the faucet.. may wait until next week.. Friday may not be an option.
CVS has decided to try for ONE day to vaccinate the entire building... They plan to go in alphabetical order.. That is going to take some doing. Going by floors is a lot easier for the elders to comprehend..

Mia6 Mia6 Sorry about the headache... I really am.. Can you take the Tums before you take advil? It may coat your stomach better.

When I had my dental surgery, implant and bone graft; the periodontist suggested a combination of Advil and Tylenol for the pain.. it is supposed to work as well as Vicodan. I had tried it before and it works! I was taking a either a couple of Advil, and one tylenol; or 2 tylenol and one advil...
I also remember my ex boss saying that she did the same combo for headaches...

I am not prescribing.. I cannot.. but it what seems to work for me... without resorting to prescription drugs...

Good luck.. hope you have a better day, today....

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Get a straight answer from Amazon about the Echo Show (8 hours)
2. Try and place the inside Echo show so cats can see my face
3. Try to place the outside Echo show so cats can see my face (all while not losing my temper and listening for my Mom)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about the headache... I really am.. Can you take the Tums before you take advil? It may coat your stomach better.
Yes, I should've either eaten something or taken the Tums before. One of the narcotics has acetaminophen in it so I guess
taking the advil with the pain med is about the same.I feel Advil works very well for dental pain as long as it's not too severe.
After one dental surgery, I was in so much pain I had to go to ER 2 days in a row.

I didn't watch the inaugural; stuff but was quite happy.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are scheduled to get the vaccine on the 28th.

Something is going on here. This morning the nurse told me they not only have to wear their mask but they have to start wearing a plastic shield on their face, a hand sanitizer on their gloves, a plastic cape and their shoes have to be covered with plastic. They are also closing the dinning room today for a deep cleaning.

Last week two of the staff members tested positive for Covid. I know this because my sister got a email from here telling her and she told me. They never tell me anything that goes on here. We were tested again on Monday but I don't know the results. I am now wondering if it is spreading among the residents..

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are scheduled to get the vaccine on the 28th.

Something is going on here. This morning the nurse told me they not only have to wear their mask but they have to start wearing a plastic shield on their face, a hand sanitizer on their gloves, a plastic cape and their shoes have to be covered with plastic. They are also closing the dinning room today for a deep cleaning.

Last week two of the staff members tested positive for Covid. I know this because my sister got a email from here telling her and she told me. They never tell me anything that goes on here. We were tested again on Monday but I don't know the results. I am now wondering if it is spreading among the residents..
My sister sent me the email she received from my assisted living place. Three residents tested positive for Covid-19 along with the 2 staff members that tested positive last week. Of the 3 residents, 2 of them have mild symptoms and 1 has no symptoms. In addition to the 3 residents who tested positive, they are quaranting 2 others who were close to them.

They discontinue lunch in the dinning room, group activities, and in person visitation temporarly. They néed to stop and/or greatly minimize any spread and not jeopardize the scheduled clinic nexr week for the Covid vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.