Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hear you about the stress of today. :hugs:

Amber was in rare form this morning. Her caterwauling was horrible. The other girls get to the point where they can't even stand it and then they come back to me. "Mom? Make her stop!" Since 4:30. I'm sleepy.
  • Breakfast for the girls (and the brat), emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'm not ruling out a nap at some point. The yelling is really wearing thin. Right now, Tabby is yelling at one of her meeces. She knocks a mouse down the steps to the front door, then sits there and yells at it to come back up the stairs. I'd love 5 minutes of utter silence. My turn to scoop this morning.
  • Do some "shopping" in the freezers. I want a pint of marinara sauce, a dough ball, and some pepperoni to thaw for pizza tomorrow. Need to bring some sliced peppers and green beans up to the freezer in the kitchen. I think there's a bottle of Vitamin D down there yet. A quart of applesauce for Dear Richard. And a quart of milk. I think that's it. I'll write up a small list and check my freezer list before I hit the basement.
  • A load of laundry at some point
  • More Lucifer tonight

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I was so tired.. yet, when I finallyy went to bed.. I could not sleep..weird...
Up at 11:30pm, finally going to bed at 2am..

Geoffrey woke me up before 8am... I am tired..
*played with G
*breakfast for both of us
*reg morning stuff

* I should run to the store for some blueberries, and the bank, but.... after last night, I am feeling a nap..
*have to make a phone call.
*have to wash down humidifier in living room...

Nothing else.. I feel a very long cuddle session, at least one, with Geoffrey... and perhaps a nap...

Weird,, tired, yet not.. I have been taking the full dose of lipitor.. I am going to try, 1/2 dose tonight.. just in case...
I think it is from boredom... I really do.. and too much news... but it is addicting..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't feel like a Thursday to me. Since we retired, we get a lot of days like that.
  • Rick took care of the girls this morning. I stayed in bed with Molli until 8:30, then we dragged our butts out of bed. Drinking my coffee now.
  • Just came back from my walk with Muffin. It's misting a bit, so she wasn't all that amused. We were in the back yard, up by the garden and the dog in the house on the hill behind us was going crazy, jumping up and down in the window. Muffin looked at me and said, "Our work back here is done!" and we continued on our merry way. I swear she loves to stir up that dog. Came into the house, Muffin got down, ran back to the bedroom and hopped in her stroller. And now I can finish my coffee.
  • A couple loads of laundry today and that's pretty much it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
*reg morning stuff
*woke up to vomit. Heard it around 3am. Left it.
*cleaned above
*pre registered for vaccine
*have to pick up script for food. Vet is closed from noon to 1:30 for lunch and staff meeting on Thursdays. So waiting.
*headache. Either too much or not enough caffeine, not enough water, or too much chocolate

Just ate an egg, turkey sausage on English muffin sandwich. Got it from the building’ s little store. Then Tylenol.
*phone call
* nothing else.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Research on how to socialize the other 5 feral cats fast
2. Purchase a cat trap for Sopdet. She's tame but won't let me pick her up
3. See which assisted living place Mom wants to move to. Management may let me bring all the cats and if socialized find homes with some of the residents there.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Grocery store
Pick up dresser for oldest
Clean litter boxes
Pick up dinner

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Up bright and early with the girls this morning.
I forgot to mention yesterday that the Christmas tree is (finally!) down and put away. The house seems so roomy now. That's how it feels when you live in a small house.
My sourdough starter bit the dust (again). I actually managed to keep this one for over two years. Darn it.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee now
  • First of two loads of laundry is in the washer (didn't get it done yesterday)
  • Vacuum, swiffer, and wipe
  • I'm trying to talk Dear Richard into taking the recycling down to the center. Not going well.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to post office to purchase my next two books of stamps
may do some more letter writing later
then might nap too

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

wash throws

maybe read , get caught up on sleep. My neighbors have been very loud this week. They are good friends
with my neighbor on the other side of the duplex.and they are sooo loud.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a blah day.. early blah for me.. The weather was wonderful.. but I felt blah..
Was up very early, at the grocery store by 6:20 checked out at 6:48am.. finished putting things away by 7:14am...

I was so tired. I like being on of the first at the store--senior hours, but it really kills me.. I need my morning shower before I go out...
After putting the groceries away, I took a nap on the sofa. Geoffrey was napping on my bed. I was out for a couple of hours.
Felt like yuck when I got up... friend called me.. got me up..
showered, washed dishes.. never did any vacuuming... sigh
I ate all day.. stuffed my face...
Had to drop off the script at PetSmart.. OMG it was the one and only case of G's food they had in stock!! G is so lucky...
I grabbed a meal from a restaurant take out.. Chicken Ziti Broccoli in EVOO white wine sauce.. It was good.. a bit heavy on the black pepper.. I have a lot of it leftover for today. It came with a thick slice of their homemade bread, an a small side salad..

Today:
Very rainy, windy day.. very warm..
*Stayed in bed later..
*G is refusing the mixture of the new formula food mixed in with the old.. sigh. It will stay out until he eats it. I am not going to have a fussy cat.. no way.. He did the same thing with the dry food... sigh..
*Have to do a good regular morning stuff...
*I really do need to dust the furniture.. dam.. hate dusting..
*Do to know what the rest of the day will entail.. at least one phone call...

It is getting to be a priority/necessity for me to begin eating properly.. I mean it.. It is so hard to give up sugar. One of my doctors told me that giving up sugar is one of the hardest things to do, because it is so addictive.. your body craves it, until you break the habit.. almost like an addict.. It is an addiction. I did it last year, I can do it again.. but it is addicting..

Wish I could open a window because it is so mild outside.. but, with the rain and the wind.. not.. The caution sign outside was doing a side to side dance, with the gusts..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I know what you're saying about sugar. My big snack time is after dinner at night. I've started to brush and floss my teeth right after dinner. And then, since I don't want to have to brush again, I don't eat anything. So far, it's been working fairly well. (Other than that apple dumpling the other night, which, quite honestly, was worth a double brushing. But I digress.) Try that and see if it helps you at night. Sugar is hard to give up. I hope G starts eating his food; that is hard. When Ms. Pepe was alive, we were lucky because she ate the prescription food for several years. Hopefully, G will do it, too.

Bob texted me first thing this morning about double-masking. A cloth mask on the bottom with a surgical mask on top. It's supposed to be better for these new, more contagious COVID strains. Then Dear Richard tells me that drinking coffee hotter than 140F can lead to throat cancer. For crying out loud! I told them both that I'm going back to bed and to wake me up in 100 years. Enough is enough! Just call me Rip Van Pammie. I've had it with all the "good" news!
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:30 this morning. Muffin came back and yelled at us for their after-breakfast breakfast (ABB), so we got our butts out of bed. Gave them their ABB, Muffin and I have already been for our walk, and now I'm drinking my coffee (and yes, it's hot!) I'll scoop in a few minutes.
  • The Scorpion's Tale should come in the mail today. When it gets here, I'm going out to the WeShed. Do not call me, do not text me, do not even try to talk to me. That goes for humans and cats. I am not available. Rick is either making dinner or he'll do takeout/delivery. I'll eat when I can. (I ripped through the house yesterday, dusting, vacuuming, wiping, cleaning the appliances, etc. The house is fairly spotless. I did it yesterday, so I could read today.)
  • See above.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awakened to a white covering on the grass. I had heard the state truck go by around 2:30 this morning, so I figured we were getting something. Not a lot, so the truck must have been just salting the road.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. On my days to get up early, i can enjoy my whole mug of coffee because it's way too early for Muffin to want to go out for her walk. (Yesterday, she had two walks. It was so nice outside that we had the door open in the living room. The sun was streaming and she knew it. So we walked twice.) I'll need to scoop in a few.
  • Call for the white coconut cake. I missed it for Christmas bc of COVID and Rick said that I should have it for my birthday next Sunday. He said he'd go in and pick it up for me on Saturday.
  • I'm over halfway through the first season of Lucifer. I was in the WeShed so late last night that Rick texted me to see if I was OK. More this afternoon while he's bowling.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
listening to music from my play list on youtube
getting caught up online
maybe write letters since im starting to get behind again

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's weather was bad... very warm, extremely windy with horrendous rain until late morning..
I ended up doing my regular stuff, plus a good clean of bathroom sink, toilet, floor.. the tub will wait until mid week, after I clean the litter box....
I also dusted the furniture, wiped down the stove, counters, got out my pans and such for today.

Winchester Winchester Geoffrey eventually, relented and ate half of his wet food, around 3:30pm.. He was a terror to me, until he did.. When I saw him licking his lips, I said 'Good Boy", and gave him his dry food. He made fast work on that..
BTW, Since I got rid of the Microban Spray, washed things down, his sneezing has stopped. I think he was a bit feverish during that time.. Thanks for the tip... Weird.. I think they use the unscented Microban for animals... Vet's secretary said everyone is using it, because Lysol is unavailable. Amazing...

Today:
*played a bit with Geoffrey.
*Geoffrey ate his morning wet Food!!!! All of it.. a 50-50 mix
*Watched Mass
*reg morning stuff
*play some music
*Make Chicken Soup!!! Yum... have to wash dishes, take the chicken out to warm up a bit, before I begin ..... Have not had CS for a long time... my own.. with parsley, and using cheesecloth for onion, and stuff.... yummy...

Nothing else planned...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Yay, G! Way to go! Eat your food!
  • Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I got up at 8:00 and I immediately got ready for our errands. We hit the grocery store. Going for groceries only once a month really helps with the grocery bill; I had misgivings about it, but it really works. We spent over $200 for groceries, but that's for one month and included everything but cat food, which I now buy from Chewy. We still have a ton of cat litter on hand from our Black Friday spree back in 2018, so we'll be good there for this year.
  • We also bought our champagne for Wednesday. It's a yellow label Venve Clicquot Brut. The state store was sold out of the one I wanted, so I chose this. We don't know much about champagne; my niece really likes this and she said I'd like it, too.
  • Got home, did lunch for the girls and Muffin and I went out for our walk.
  • I was perusing Thriftbooks and found 4 cookbooks that might prove interesting. They should be here around the end of the month.
And *long drawn-out heavy sigh* my book still hasn't not gotten here. It's touring Pennsylvania, from what I gather.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
And *long drawn-out heavy sigh* my book still hasn't not gotten here. It's touring Pennsylvania, from what I gather.
Perhaps the mail carriers are reading it and passing it on to colleagues. :) We got a Christmas card this weekend that my friend had mailed in mid-December. He’s in Utah, I’m in Oregon. He could have crawled here with it in his teeth and gotten it to me sooner.

Our shower drain has stopped draining. My husband worked on it yesterday and cleared out a bunch of gunk...and it was even worse this morning. So today we’re trying two things I found on some plumbing websites: boiling water and a baking soda/vinegar mixture. If neither of those works, we’ll have to call in the experts. Oh, wait, my husband just passed me carrying a plunger.

I bought chicken livers yesterday for cat food batches. I need to grind and portion it into baggies to freeze for future batches—not my favorite task.

And speaking of clogs, the pump on the sardine/anchovy oil I squirt into the cats’ food is sputtering. I need to see what the deal is with that.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

do light washing

So cold here, bone chilling dampness that raises pain levels to extreme highs so I've been taking it easy
but that has it's drawbacks as I feel like I must keep an eye on Kaylee or things won't get done properly.
You remember when she thought she was pregnant? Well, now she wants to adopt a month old baby boy
who was addicted to crack when born. The baby's father thinks he has a say in who gets him and he doesn't
It's a hot mess and it's affecting her work. I feel badly for her because she loves children so very much.

Hope to be able to read and watch a movie.

Winchester Winchester You've spoiled your Muffin girl!!💞💖

Status
Not open for further replies.