Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been nursing a hurt neck the last few days so I haven't been able to do much. Things are starting to feel better though. Today I picked up a chest freezer and managed to get it in my basement by myself. I bought a new (and smaller) fridge in December (the old one was WAY too big for my kitchen), but the freezer space was severely lacking, so that is why I got the chest freezer. I picked up some RedBox movies that I'll watch tonight. I'll also work on some crocheting later.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing my throws and pillow cases in Dreft

Fed the outside gang

Making a list for K.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had around 4 inches of snow from that mess yesterday. Other than taking Muffin out for her walk in the morning before it started to snow, I wasn't outside at all. We took some decorations down in the living room and got them put away. Not the tree though. And then Rick flopped on the couch to watch football while the girls and I went to bed with a couple of books. And that's how we spent our day.
  • Molli and I lounged this morning until 7:30. I'm drinking my coffee now.
  • I have two loads of laundry to work on.
  • Taking the decorations down in the kitchen today.
  • A good vacuuming and swiffering throughout.
In PA, restrictions have been lifted again. Rick has to call into the bowling alley to see about bowling; he may have to go in this afternoon. He goes in to bowl during an off-time when it's not crowded.

ETA: Rick is out shoveling a path to the WeShed. Muffin was meowing to go outside, so we went out for a few minutes. I could take her out the path, but that was it. Anyway, Rick said that a deer had come through the open gate and went inside the pool fence. We have steps at the top of the driveway that you walk up to the gate (and the gate was open about a foot. There's an azalea bush at the top of the steps. Well, the deer went over and nibbled on the azalea bush, then went through the gate and over to the knockout rose bushes on the other side of the pool. That could have been ugly. Fortunately, the deer stayed on the sidewalk around the pool, but how it knew to do that is beyond me. We do have the winter cover on the pool, but hooves are sharp. We'll have to remember to keep the gates closed....never had that problem before.
Anyway, Muffin and I were outside and the snow is melting from the trees. She'd watch it fall and chitter at it. Rick tapped a lilac branch and the snow fell. She was all wide-eyed and yelling at the snow. We heard a rooster off in the distance and she was all ears. But the paws were working and she was purring. She was with Mom and Dad, so she knew she was safe. Came inside, she ran back to the bedroom door and started yelling. I opened the door, she strolled in and hopped in her buggy. And all is right in Muffin's world.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a telemedicine appointment at 9:30 a.m. for which the doctor was 15 minutes late, but I just sat in the study and read in comfort so no biggie! So much more pleasant than driving to her office and waiting in the exam room. She didn’t need to see me in person, only discuss how I was doing with the prescription she’d given me. The jury is still out on that so another appointment in three weeks.

I did two loads of laundry, dried and folded the clothes...and then spent 30 minutes searching for a misbehaving sock that ran away before I got it into the washer. I finally found it and after scolding it, threw it into the laundry basket for the next go round. (I have three orphans in the sock drawer from previous loads. Socks. Miscreants. :disappointed:)

I made fresh hummingbird juice and cleaned and refilled the feeder. I’ve switched to the higher sugar content mixture for the colder weather.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
got up around midnight, took some meds

had a cup of tea while playing WWF

My Oz friend bought me a pair of Ugg slippers, the third pair she's given me but they are out
of stock till January 20. I did a survey on their site and received 4 free magazines for a year.
Martha Stewart
Southern Living
Cruise World, ha!
Bon Appetit

I had to pay $.2.00 for taxes

went back to sleep and am now doing regular stuff.
Miscreants. :disappointed:)
hee, hee
Winchester Winchester Just love little Muffin

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, let me see. Got the Christmas decorations in the kitchen put away yesterday. Washed the last of the Christmas tablecloths for the season and put it away. Now, back around Thanksgiving, I was in my tablecloth tote, looking for holiday stuff. Found my snowflake tablecloth that I use in January. Washed it and put it in a kitchen cabinet, so it would be ready to use. Well, it's disappeared. I can't find that thing anywhere. It's not in the tote, it's not in the cabinet, it's not in the hutch. And there are no other places it would be. I put it in the blasted cabinet! I know I did! I tore the bloody kitchen apart, looking for it. Poof! Gone.
I'm sure said tablecloth is with my Supernatural Season 12 and 13 DVDs that disappeared a few years ago. I had them, they disappeared. Found them on Rick's desk (why there were there, I've no idea) a few months later, right out in the open. Went to take them out to the WeShed and.....Poof! Gone. And I have a red runner that I've used on the hutch for Christmas. That disappeared a few years ago. Where? Beats me. We have an outdoor moose winter flag; we've used it for years. A couple years ago, I went to get it out of the "flag" drawer and.....Poof! Gone.
What the heck happened to this stuff??
  • Breakfast for the girls and am sitting back here with my coffee. Didn't run the dishwasher last night bc there wasn't enough to run.
  • I changed the bedsheets yesterday, but didn't wash the dirty ones. They're in the washer right now.
  • Take the Muffin-ator for a walk at some point; she'll let me know when she's ready. Such a monster I've created. I swear that, with cats, you give a foot, they'll take the entire paw. It doesn't take long for something to become a demanding routine.
  • Got a text that my meds were ready at Target, so we'll run down this morning.
We received our "stimulus" check yesterday.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I completely understand.. WHERE do these things hide? I have had so many things go missing...some to be found, months later, some just missing... the car remote start is still missing... OMGosh..

I have put away the porcelain Christmas Trees, but the angels angels are still up.. and being lit every night.. I want to put them away; yet, I do not..

I have been dealing with Geoffrey and the sneezing. I got rid of all the Microban, in the house. I washed the bedspread, changed the sheets, washed a couple of throws.. I also pulled out my tiny humidifier. It is helping a tiny bit, but not enough.

I have a new 3 liter one, which I will rinse out, run in the living room. The tiny one, 2 liter will be in my bedroom. I hate humidifiers.. such a pain to keep clean.. daily wiping down with vinegar; weekly tasing with bleach.. ugh...
Also difficult to find a spot to place it in..

Things seem to have helped with Geoffrey's sneezing.. however, the building's painter just rang my doorbell. He wants to paint my door.. I had to take all my stuff off: a couple of cat magnets, a snowman plaque, and a red bow, along with the hooks. The door has to stay open and I am in my pj's still.. thank goodness I had my bathrobe on!!

I wonder if the paint will bother Geoffrey.. I know it does bother me.. ugh..

Today:
* Eventually regular morning stuff... it will be a mis-match. due to painter..
* have to go clean humidifiers, refill and start running.
*have to organize some papers from last year...
* need to dust bedroom furniture...
*dercide what to have for supper, lunch...

Tired of sweets.. can't get back into the fruit .. have to...

Sorry, I got interrupted with the painter, again.. he said he was only painting the nice peoples doors.. the PIA's, as in new neighbor, he is refusing to paint or do anything in there.. He will do stuff for me.. He told me..

He also mentioned that my stenchey new neighbor is a *itch and smoke Weed.. That is what I am smelling... it is not from what I remember.. so I wonder what it is mixed with... flashbacks to younger days.... ugh...

Gotta go on to other threads...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Unload dishwasher
Start a load of laundry

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure today..
I have to at least start car... perhaps a Starbucks run--just to get out..
Got up too late for grocery store, errand runs. I use senior hours for that; especially now, that the we are in the Christmas Surge.

*Regular morning stuff
*have to do some computer paper work
*organize last years important papers.. I am so unorganized this year.. Pandemic messed me up
Nothing else planned, except for trash and mail..

I really need to call Comcast.. I am putting it off. My bill went up so much...

Was told that there is one case of Covid in the building. They are having another testing clinic tomorrow.
We were also told that there will be a Vaccine Clinic in here, on Jan 22... Wonder how that will go..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In less than 10 minutes we leave for the hospital 40 miles away where Himself will have his stent procedure. Please send any positive thoughts you might have that it goes well.

I'm bringing two crochet projects (and a change of underwear in case he is not discharged today.)

Someone is coming to feed Domino and Mr Poe midday. She's willing to come this evening if we do not get to come home today.

And to top it off the house phone stopped working yesterday. The company repair man did not show up before 5:00 p.m. to check outside lines as scheduled. Now rescheduled for Thursday. And we rarely use our cell phones when home.

Time to go.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
In less than 10 minutes we leave for the hospital 40 miles away where Himself will have his stent procedure. Please send any positive thoughts you might have that it goes well.

I'm bringing two crochet projects (and a change of underwear in case he is not discharged today.)

Someone is coming to feed Domino and Mr Poe midday. She's willing to come this evening if we do not get to come home today.

And to top it off the house phone stopped working yesterday. The company repair man did not show up before 5:00 p.m. to check outside lines as scheduled. Now rescheduled for Thursday. And we rarely use our cell phones when home.

Time to go.
Healing thoughts and prayers on their way!! :hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

Kaylee not coming in

Need meds picked up so Jon, head of agency, is picking them up for me. Rough night, will rest today.

Cal has taken over my spot on bed, ha!! Sweet girl💞

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Good luck today. I hope it all goes well.
  • We had to go to Target to pick up a script for me. I really wish we could get back to where Rick's and my meds are due at the same time!
  • Must go in tonight to pick up the Tucson. It is being inspected today. There shouldn't be anything wrong. Hope not anyway.
  • I need to scoop at some point today. I already took Muffin out for her walk this morning.
  • Going to spend some time in the WeShed tonight. Almost through Season 9 of the X-Files. Then only two more to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.