Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Huh. Go figure. Went out to the WeShed yesterday, turned the tv on, and there, in all its glory was Discovery+. Worked beautifully. I give up. Usually I can get one good day out of it, but then the next day, it's all wonky again. I'll check it out today. The thing is, I really do enjoy watching D+.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now. Molli and I are back here, me with my coffee.
  • Three loads of laundry
  • I need to get moving on gift cards and such. Just going to get them from the internet, so I don't have to run anywhere. Also need to get a subscription to Magnolia for our DIL, in addition to her gift cards. She is very difficult to buy anything for, so when she mentions anything, I try to file it away for the future.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Semi-lazy day today..

Yesterday, the same.. I am just being kind to myself; trying to enjoy things.. not running around, unless I want to.

I finally watched "It's a Wonderful Life".... It is a Christmas Tradition.. eventhough I know the dialogue, I still love it... so much of it reminds me of 'things'... I kind of bond with that movie. Before and during the movie, I think of my life.. and what would have been, IF I had not been born. Puts things in perspective.. I am kind of weird

This year, it was only 2 tissues......
~~
Today:
Regular stuff
Still have a couple of gifts to give out---IF I can track them down..
nothing else planned.....

Took out White Christmas, The Bells of St Mary's, Rudolph, and Donovan's Reef to watch...
~~~~~~~~
Geoffrey is starting to act up! He has been either on the top of the cat tree, or the back of the sofa, Clawing it, and chasing his tail... no matter what I do...
All this happens around 9-9:30pm... every night..
I think he may be bored... but he has a ton of toys out for him..

Last night, I finally lied down on the sofa, with him on the back of it.. he stopped! man, what a weird cat..
He is not hiding under the bedspread, as much.. or under my bed.... For that, I am happy for..

But... chasing his tail?? He is 6 years old! Acting like a kitten!!

He is also calling me when I have not immediately scooped his litter box!! Demanding Boy...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The tech guy is supposed to come at 11 this morning to fix our cable. He said they sometimes lose their programming…or re-program themselves…or something. Anyway, I think he’s going to replace the box. This isn’t the cable company. I live in a 55+ community, and he’s on staff. If he can’t fix it, we’ll have to wait for Spectrum.

I need to go to the local pet supply store (independent) to get some more CBD for Iris and then on to the grocery store where they overcharged us yesterday for a plant container. I want my refund! (We found an abandoned, homeless houseplant on the sidewalk last week on our morning walk, and after waiting several days for someone to claim him, we rescued him. We named him Cornelius. :) )

I still need to get several holiday cards done. I get worse at that every year.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Land line phone suddenly not working.

Ordered kitty litter from Chewy's. Always separate orders for food and litter after the warehouse kept packing a 35 lb tub of litter in the same box with cans of food. With unfortunate results - multiple dented cans.

Posted Chewy's boxes on Freecycle. Someone is coming this afternoon to collect them.

Stripped bed, washed sheets, dried sheets. Now need to remake bed. Second load - dark clothes - finished in washer and waiting for transfer to dryer.

And after lunch I do hope to get to the stores for the shopping I meant to do this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My computer is working on installing Windows 11 as I type. Yay....not. I didn't have to accept the upgrade, but I figured I might as well get it done. If it completely screws things up, which I doubt, I can use my iPad til I get it all straightened out again. But I don't foresee any problems. Guess I'll find out.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee. Hanging out on the computer for a little while.
  • A quick vacuum about the house, scoop the boxes (not in that order)
  • We want to try the candy shop in town again this afternoon. Things are so busy in town.
When I went out to the WeShed yesterday afternoon, the TV was doing a software update. It finished the update and there was D+ again. I give up. Shook my head, sat my butt down, and watched it. Go figure. I have it until the 27th, unless I restart the sub. I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Up early to hit a couple of stores, before the rush..

*regular morning stuff, not completed.... did not wash dishes or vacuum.. needed to get out as soon as I could.

*made a couple of stops... one to the Italian Bakery---It is a ritual, and expected that I bring Italian cookies from them for Christmas Eve... My dad started that. The bakery was empty.. people just coming in and out.. steady... Tomorrow is going to be a bad day, so I am not going out. I am not waiting until Thursday or Friday Morning to go to the bakery.. The cookies will last..

And then the Grocery, man, was it crowded...People going crazy.. They were trying to restock the shelves as I shopped. Ridiculous. Toilet paper shelves were getting bare... incredible..

* upon returning, the building was offering Covid testing.. We have 2-3 cases... Both positive cases were residents who did not get the booster. The other 'iffy' one was a positive, then under more intensive PCR testing, it was negative. This is a staff member. They were told to stay home and quarantine for 10 days---just to be on the safe side.....
I expect more positives from this batch of testing.

*not much else... finish up morning stuff.. wash dishes, vacuum... brush Geoffrey.. He is refusing his wet food.. He did not eat much dry yesterday; so I expect a vomiting episode.. I really do...

* have to drop off menu for next week.....

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I will complain about my left arm being sore (COVID booster). Then I will complain about my right arm being sore, too (flu shot). Then I might clean out the fridge. :lol:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Then I might clean out the fridge. :lol:
Perhaps you shouldn’t. Sore arms you know. :)

Well, I didn’t do any of the things I wrote about yesterday. 🙄 My cable magically fixed itself so I called the guy to cancel. Yay! I have a feeling that my husband, for whom technology is a four-letter word, messed something up with the remotes. I started playing around with them yesterday morning, and voilà! Cable.

So today I really do need to make a trip to the pet supply place for Iris’s CBD. After reading artiemom artiemom ‘s comment about the grocery store, I’m going to avoid that until after Christmas.

And then cards and laundry. And I need to divide some gabapentin capsules. Iris gets half in the morning and a whole capsule in the evening for her arthritis.

“I hurt, Mom. Maybe my yarn ball will make me feel better.”
E9B5C0E2-5086-45AF-B41B-CC19DB28AB59.jpeg
9A008EAC-0992-4A26-81D0-DE51FC417837.jpeg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. Gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and Molli and I are back here. My coffee tastes pretty good this morning. We got more Fire Dept coffee, which is simply excellent. The smoothest coffee I think I've ever had. Rick loves his Salted Caramel Bourbon Infused. I just got the regular Bourbon Infused. I'm trying to get my Green Mountain used, so I can start using the Fire Dept coffee. We don't buy it all the time, but we each got some this time around. I can't wait to open mine! The person who gets up in the morning makes coffee for the other person; since I got up today, I made Rick's iced coffee and stuck it in the fridge for him.

Never did get into town yesterday, so we'll have to try it today. We decided we didn't want to deal with it yesterday. Spent a quiet day at home and didn't go anywhere.

I need to call the garage about my Tucson. There's a recall service campaign going on, the oil needs changed, tires need rotated, and the car needs inspection. Blah. Once that's done, I can set up an appt for Clarence, who also needs his oil changed, tires rotated, and inspection.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Finally got to the candy store for Rick's mom (and I got the chocolate-covered pretzels for Rick). They were out of dark chocolate pretzels, so he's going to have to deal with milk chocolate. I also ran into Giant and got him two boxes of Nutty Buddy's. The Nutty Buddy's are a years-old Christmas joke between the two of us. He loves them and so I bought them for him one year. He sat right there, opened a box, and started munching down. So ever since then, he gets two boxes, supposedly for his stocking, even though they don't fit. I'm almost afraid not to give them to him at this point!
  • Didn't get the peanuts and cashews roasted yesterday, so I got them out this morning and will do them today. I need to find my recipe for them.
  • Changed the bed sheets and working on two loads of laundry
  • While Rick is bowling tonight, I'm going to wrap his gifts. They won't go under the tree, though, until Christmas morning. Why? Because Amber will, no doubt, pee on them! We don't use a tree skirt for the same reason. She's been really good lately, but why tempt her?
And I guess that's really it. There's not much going on today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far this morning:

1) The moribund refrigerator is now completely emptied out. Things such as olives, capers, etc have been dumped, jars rinsed and into recycle tub. A couple of stray packages of meat went into the garbage. Moved refrigerator out from the wall. Aha! Found two missing plastic measuring spoons and enough dust bunnies to make a couple of Guinea pigs if not a rabbit. But I cannot think it is a good idea to periodically move a refrigerator full of food out from its rather tight space in order to vacuum behind it. Suggestions, anyone?

2) Want to wash out inside of refrigerator because it smells and we're not rid of it until next Wednesday

3) Keep an eye on the temperature outside the front door (currently about 33 degrees F) so I can close the coolers if it does get warm. So fortunate we are that it is late December and not August!

4) Some laundry

and who knows what else

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So far this morning:

1) The moribund refrigerator is now completely emptied out. Things such as olives, capers, etc have been dumped, jars rinsed and into recycle tub. A couple of stray packages of meat went into the garbage. Moved refrigerator out from the wall. Aha! Found two missing plastic measuring spoons and enough dust bunnies to make a couple of Guinea pigs if not a rabbit. But I cannot think it is a good idea to periodically move a refrigerator full of food out from its rather tight space in order to vacuum behind it. Suggestions, anyone?

2) Want to wash out inside of refrigerator because it smells and we're not rid of it until next Wednesday

3) Keep an eye on the temperature outside the front door (currently about 33 degrees F) so I can close the coolers if it does get warm. So fortunate we are that it is late December and not August!

4) Some laundry

and who knows what else
I think it is good for the refrigerator to periodically pull it out and vacuum up the dust. BUT, it may not be good for the person who has to do the pulling to get it out. I have had to move mine a few times, most recently when I tiled my backsplash and it is just so heavy that it’s scary to move. So I can’t see doing it again unless there is some good reason other than dust to get back there. I do stick a duster under the bottom periodically and use that to pull out dust and toys.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not doing much today.
  • My turn to get up with the girls this morning
  • I have the dough proofing to make sticky buns for tomorrow morning
  • A couple loads of laundry
  • A quick vacuum about the house
  • General clean-up

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Up with the girls. They had their breakfast, which Molli promptly brought back up in the living room. Cleaned the mess, emptied the dishwasher, made my coffee and Molli and I are back here.

At some point, I need to work up a bit of a grocery list for tomorrow. I know, we just went for groceries, but I need a can of condensed milk for that peanut butter pie for DIL. And I might as well get the things we need for New Year's Eve and Day. No mad dashes to the store last minute. Once the holidays are over, we're going back to our once-monthly grocery trip. I've seen too much of that store in December!

I think I'm going to re-subscribe to D+. Yesterday, Rick was watching football and he kicked me out of the house after dinner was over and the kitchen was cleaned. I went out to the WeShed, turned on the tv, hit D+ and there it was. I have no idea what happened, but it's been working fine (knock on wood!!!!) all week long. Talked to Rick and he said that if I like watching it, then go ahead and re-subscribe. It's done tomorrow, if I don't. I'm on season 9 of The Dead Files. I'd also like to finish watching Good Eats, Barefoot Contessa (haven't watched that in a long time), and Ghost Hunters/Nation, whatever the heck it's called now. Oh, and the older episodes of Expedition Unknown. (I'd like to get my hands on Destination Truth, but can't find it anywhere. I know, I know, hokey as all get out. But well, there you go. I'd like to watch it.)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today---Last night and this morning, I am in a sugar coma... too much food, and way too much sweets! I was visiting and I could not refuse.. especially when their 16 year old son, had just baked and decorated Cookies, that morning...

I have so much chocolate... I do not want it... first time ever in my life, I am complaining about this!!

Today:
*slept in---had set alarm for my early morning mass... no go... I am going to noontime mass
*Pick up a prescription
*throw some trash away...
** absolutely nothing else...except make my bed, wash dishes..and a phone call or 2...

Salad for supper... I need one... and something without carbs and sugar!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm really tired this morning. And I have a headache. It's not bad....yet. My eyes really hurt. I had no chocolate, no wine, no Smirnoff all weekend. And yet, my head hurts. I give up. I'd really like to go back to bed. Could be my iPad; I spent a lot of time reading yesterday. I should go back to the Kindle for reading, I think. The Kindle is very small, though, and I don't like using it for that reason. Like you, artiemom artiemom , too much food, too much sugar.
  • Make a quick run to the store, both for tomorrow (the kids and the Grands are coming) and for NYE and NYD. Got a text from our GD last night. "Don't make the pp without me! I'll help." I love that child. Dinner is at 1:00 for anybody who wants to eat pp (pot pie).
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc. Rick will probably vacuum and he's much more thorough than me, esp when I'm not feeling well.
  • Make a peanut butter pie without the crust to keep it gluten-free
  • A load of laundry
And, hopefully, an early bed time tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm exhausted. The headache got so bad yesterday that I ended up in bed for about two hours. Not really sleeping, just lying down. But then last night? I never went to sleep; I was awake the entire night. All I did was toss and turn. Muffin was with me. She got so disgusted, she went down to the foot of the bed. Then Molli left her pillow and came down between Rick and me. That didn't last long either. She got tired of me being so restless. All I did was watch the clock. And now, of course, I think I could sleep. But I've got a lot going on today.
I am so tired. Under my eyes, the bags have their own bags. I don't know how I got into this cycle, but I need to break it somehow.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made two pitchers of decaf iced tea (DIL can only have decaf), and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I forgot to get a holiday tablecloth and napkins out yesterday, so must get them out and throw them in the washer.
  • A quick clean in the kitchen, bathroom. etc.
  • Enjoy the day with our Grands.
Our GS wanted AirPods this year. He had some, but somebody at school stole them. When we asked what GS wanted for Christmas, our son asked if we could buy them, so that's what he's getting as his main gift. Well, last night, I got a text from our son, asking me not to give the AirPods to him. It seems that GS was spending too much time in his room with his music and not with the family. And now that he no longer has the AirPods, he's out of his room again. But here's the thing: Son specifically asked me to buy them! And, at the last minute, we are not to give them to him? Son said he could get some cymbals for GS's drums and wrap them and bring them up today. I'd pay him for the cymbals and I could return the AirPods. Did not go over well with us. Rather than set some boundaries for GS, our son said Nope, no AirPods.

Rick said I could keep the AirPods. I do not want, nor do I need AirPods! NO! I had a long talk with our son and we're giving GS the AirPods. And I hope that life will go on.

They make me despise Christmas with a passion. It was so much easier when the Grands were young. Last year, the big ruckus was GS's iPhone, which he so desperately needed. Had I ever told my parents that I wanted AirPods, they would have laughed in my face. Bah humbug!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am babysitting for darling Angel, my neighbor's kitten, while she is in hospital. My b.i.l got a new litter box, litter food, etc. My neighbor has been unwell for about 3 weeks and I don't think box has been cleaned for at least 3 weeks. Threw box out.
She is lonely and I ry o spend as much time as I can with her.

Doing laundry, pacing myself.

Cuddling with Big Cal.💞

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Oooh, a baby! Awesome! I love kittens! :hearthrob: I'm sure she loves having you with her! Take it easy with all you're doing.

Had a great time with our kids yesterday. I quadrupled my pot pie recipe and GD doubled the recipe for GF pot pie. It was scarfed down in no time. I never thought it would all be eaten, but it was. GS kept saying, "I can't eat another bite" but then he'd grab another large spoonful. They just love pot pie. Most of the cookies are gone (thankfully). I put out our roasted nuts and brittle; the brittle disappeared quickly. DIL loves almond brittle. Our son didn't roast nuts this year, so they enjoyed ours. Nobody wanted the cheesecake; everybody loves peanut butter pie. I had some coconut cake, so it was all good. I'm glad they can go to Grandpa and Grandma's and enjoy dinner. It makes me happy. We had such a good day with them.

They took the Ninja XL Foodi Grill home. I gave them a new set of silicon utensils to use with it. I gave them a good sample of some of my favorite seasonings, so they can try them, too. (I keep old Penzey's spice jars around, so I had a nice assortment of jars for seasoning for them.) That wasn't a Christmas-thing. It was just because I didn't need the XL anymore.

And I slept last night. Well. I was pooped.
  • Grabbed my coffee, came back here, Muffin started yelling, "You're not gonna drink that until we've had our walk! MOM!" Just came back inside. Now I'm going to drink my coffee. (Yesterday morning, Muffin was yelling about her walk. Rick said he'd take her because I was working on sorting laundry. He got down to the bottom of the steps, opened the front door, and said, "C'mon, Muffin, let's go!" And she wouldn't go. She stayed at the top of the steps. "C'mon Muffin!" Nope. Nada. "Dear? She doesn't want a walk!" I put my Sloggers on and grabbed a sweatshirt. Went down to the front door, took the blankie from Rick, spread it out over me. "Let's go Muffin; Mama doesn't have all day!" Down the steps she came and almost leaped into my arms. "Well!" said Rick. "Now I know where I stand!" And out the door we went. I really think she hurt his feelings.)
  • Must scoop the boxes.
And that's pretty much it for my day today. I don't plan on doing much at all. I'm planning on plopping on the couch and reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.