Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
scooped boxes

fed Connie and Roberto, They are cuddled up together on the Adirondack chair. They are bundled in 3 throws.
While they eat, I dry a towel and place it on the throws so it's nice and toasty when they are done eating.

I was supposed to have a new helper start on Wednesday at 10:00am. I was her very first client and she had three
more after me. By 10:20 she wasn't here, I called Jon. He called back and said no answer, could not leave a VM.
Why not just tell Jon she didn't want the job???? wtf is wrong with people??? My place is a disaster but I will pace
myself and do what I can.

Chilly but sunny this weekend.☀✌

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm sorry. It seems that it's one thing after another with helpers. You shouldn't have to deal with it. :hugs: I bet Connie and Roberto love that warm blankie!

It was 27F this morning. Brrrrr But it's really sunny and gorgeous. Working outside yesterday, I didn't realize that it wasn't even in the 50s all day. We were busy.

Worked outside for quite a while yesterday. Last night I was all bent over, but a really, really hot shower and the electric blanket on High helped quite a bit. I clipped the length of the pool fence of the daylilies, clipped the bunch over by the WeShed, and then worked on the hosta inside the pool fence. Still need to work on the catmint. Rick has been working in the gardens.
  • Bake cookies. I made the cookie batters yesterday. Was going to bake them last night, but I couldn't get around very well. I'll start them after I'm finished here.
  • Work outside for a while this afternoon.
And that may be pretty much it for today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A reasonably efficient morning. Took care of the usual "first things" - made our bed (spread the covers up, more like it), fed cats, moved the 2 bird feeders outdoors, fed Himself, made my coffee. Built a fire in the wood burning stove. The frost is not merely on the pumpkins, it is on everything! Not a first thing, but put a coat of deck sealer on the top of two rustic side tables Himself had made, that had been outside for the summer. And then I headed out

1) drove to the church's food pantry and dropped off 5 cans of Progresso soup
2) went to local farm stand. Photographed. They had tasting samples of different pies to encourage Thanksgiving pie orders. Did not taste. Bought multicolor potatoes, apple cider donuts.
3) next, to bank to cash a check that had come in and also drop off 3 pairs of sandals and 2 pair of men's shoes - they have a barrel in the lobby for just this purpose, very nice.
4) then went to the IGA where I bought more than was on my list - hot dogs were on sale so I bought some, a family package (3 pieces, families must be smaller than I expect) of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, seedless red grapes, etc, etc, etc

Back home. Himself had - of course - fed the cats. And himself.

5) Put a second coat of deck sealer on the tables.
6) Brought out the humidifier, set it up and started it running. It's time, now that the stove is in operation.

Now perhaps I'll make some tea and have an apple cider donut, Sounds like a good idea, don't you think!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMGosh----my back is sore!!

*This morning--up early... They painter was returning to sand and paint!!

* I had to move furniture and cover things up... he had drop sheets, but I had aton of stuff to use also.. I did not want any of that stuff on my furniture..

*had to wait for the primer to dry.... He used oil based primer in many areas...other areas were not that bad, so he used regard primer..

*dumped some trash
*sat and waited as he painted.. watching Geoffrey, as painter had door open.. G was hiding, so we were ok... kept checking on him..
* Went down stairs a few times---package, mail...
* When painter finished:
took off my drop clothes,
Vacuumed carpeting really well, as I moved furniture around.l
Shook out drop sheets
put most of furniture back to normal,,,, still waiting for windows to dry.. ugh... heavy stuff.. good thing they are on sliders
Dusted 99% of furniture
Ran down to laundry room to wash all drop cloths....
back and forth several times--washer and dryer of 2 loads...
*Ran downstairs to pick up supper.....

Back is so sore... I had to have a couple glasses of wine.. hopefully my back will subside by tomorrow.. I have my own laundry to do...and put the blinds and rest of furniture bak to normal...

I really should wipe down the binds, windows, and walls from the sanding... It never ends...
For the walls, I am just going to use a swiffer on it.. easier way...

Geoffrey is not happy... He is letting me know it.. too much turmoil for him... 2 full days of it!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad came over this afternoon to help me get rid of my old water heater. We loaded it in his truck and took it to the recycling center. After that he helped me dig out the cement in front of my shed because it was preventing me from opening the door so I could store my lawn mower in there for the winter. That was a lot of work because it was so heavy (even for me). Lastly, I went through my bedding and folded all the sheets (including the fitted ones!) and put them in baskets so they are better organized in my closet. I had 15 sheet sets stuffed in the closet. :shocked: I threw more than half of them in the donation box, so I'm down to just the ones I like and could fit into the baskets.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope your back feels better this morning. You were so busy yesterday!

Baked snickerdoodles and sugar cakes/cookies (whatever you want to call them) yesterday. Took some over to the neighbors and got a big hug from both of them.
  • Up with the girls this morning. Breakfast for them, coffee and two sugar cakes for me.
  • Two loads of laundry
  • I'm attacking the kitchen today. Doing a complete clean and then getting the winter dishes out. Vacuum, wash the cabinets and shelves, clean the walls, wash the windows, all that good stuff. Pack the Fiesta stuff away until the end of February.
  • Start working on my grocery list of things I need for Thanksgiving dinner. Make up the menu and figure things out.
  • Make the bed up in the WeShed. I refuse to deal with Amber screaming her head off tomorrow morning at 3:00 because of turning the clocks back! No, nope, nada!

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the morning's first things.

Drove to the living history farm for their apple cider making event. It's about an hour away. Got there about 11:00 a.m., stayed a couple of hours, by the time I left there were hordes of families with their munchkins. But it was an outdoor event so I figure all was good.

Got home and notice that the winter cover over the cutback banana at the bottom of the driveway is completely overturned - garbage can in one direction, sheet rock bucket in another, and lid + block that was on top of garbage can in yet a third place. No idea. It wasn't windy, don't think any of our local wildlife - raccoon etc - would be interested . . . who knows. But I suspect it was a two legged critter.

Scooped up more leaves to replace those that were scattered, replaced bucket, replaced garbage can, replaced lid. Continued up driveway to house and had lunch. Then went back down driveway with two very tall wedges, two short wedges, and a short handled maul. Drove the long wedges well into the ground, spaced inside the two handles, the two short ones evenly spaced between the long ones. It will take a concerted, deliberate effort to tip things over a second time.

I also cut back and potted up three lantana I had brought in from outside a few days ago, and brought three aspidistra inside, The latter are somewhat cold hardy, should be O.K. even with low night temperatures as the days are mild-ish. They better be, as there are more to retrieve from outdoors.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was busy also.

regular stuff
Wiped down walls, windows, and sills
Vacuumed second time
Moved furniture back
Rearranged fireplace and half hutch
Washed my clothes and curtains
drove to Rite Aid

just nibbled on junk food for supper
Did not change clocks. Will do it today

today:
Up early for mass
Grocery store
Regular stuff
Change bed linens
Add litter to box
Have to cook some chicken
put laundry away—-pick up dust kitchen table
Write out bills. Late on them.

too much for me. Four days in a row of craziness. But it looks so nice in here!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Slept in the WeShed last night. All week long, I tossed and turned in bed and couldn't sleep. Last night? Sound asleep by midnight and slept straight thru until 8 this morning when I had to get up to pee. Rick said Amber was a real screamer and she was peeved when he didn't get up right away. When I came in the house, Molli was at the steps. "Where were you last night? What's going on?" Muffin came into the bathroom with me. "Mom, where were you? Dad doesn't cuddle!" They make me feel guilty!
  • Scoop boxes
  • Finish up the kitchen. Not doing holiday decorations, just working on cleaning and getting the Winterberry dishes out for now. Still looks nice.
  • I finished Firefly last night, so am looking for something to watch. Thinking about killing Netflix and going with Discovery+ for a month or so.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Tour place sounds so nice and clean!!
C catapault The cider donut sounds delicious!
Winchester Winchester The helper issue is a pain in the butt but there is nothing I can do about it so I do the best I can.
Pace myself and if I can't do something I don'.t

boxes

took out 3 bags of rubbish

washing shirts and yoga pants

Beautiful sunny day...will be 60!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing a very satisfying job of odds and ends pickup this morning. Finding all the cat toys and bits of things in the corner. Going through the paper stack in the desk, finding all of my scattered glasses and returning things to their proper place. I discovered in the process that Lola loves paper bags and spent some time wiggling my fingers and toys through holes for her to chase. She is beginning to play more every day and it feels so good to see her acting like a kitten.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am so exhausted... today seemed to be an endless day... it is not even 6pm and I feel as if it should be 9pm... I really do not care for the time change... and how busy I have been, the past 4 days... I hope to rest a bit on Monday....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Got up with the girls this morning. They were starving. I'm drinking my coffee now.
  • Grabbing groceries today and running a few errands.
  • Vacuum, etc. Water plants in the WeShed.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
boxes
washing a load of darks
will be sunny and in the high 60s, I could take this weather all the time.

So cute to watch Connie and Roberto cuddling on the Adirondack chair every night and morning. Connie thinks he owns
the deck and Daniella is not pleased. He has finally let her eat without me standing there so he won't growl at her.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Went to bed rally early last night.. I was so exhausted.. just kind of collapsed, while cuddling with Geoffrey..
Finally got under the sheets around 1AM or so.... tossed and turned.

I swear Yesterday was the longest day for me.. It really was....

Today:
*up early enough.. just relaxing around..
*second cup of coffee---never do that it is Peppermint Mocha--really good
*procrastinating about buying the grill
*Did a tiny bit of brushing and cuddling with G....
*he is constipated so double doses of laxatone today... have to order more.
*regular morning stuff....
*nothing else planned... just on a search for Swiffer dry dusters.. Grocery store was all out of them.. all brands...
*need to make an appointment for my car to be 'winterized'... yuck...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry Monday. Dark load washed and dried. Need to strip our bed and wash the sheets. Last week had flannel top sheet, percale bottom sheet. Today will complete the transition to flannel sheets both top and bottom.

Taking a lunchtime break from boxing up canna tubers and elephant ear tubers that were dug and stored in the garage for a few days. Elephant ears and Cana 'Bengal Tiger' (two crates of the latter) have been taken care of. This afternoon it will be CC. flaccida 'Purpurea', 'Tropicana', and musaefolia. May get my car back into the garage this week!

The banana at the bottom of the driveway that had been cut back and nicely covered for the winter last Thursday - someone/something completely uncovered it on Saturday. Put things back together and drove two tall wooden wedges through the garbage can handles. It was disturbed again yesterday though not completely uncovered. Here's an image of the third iteration of its winter cover that I created yesterday.
Cut Back Bananas_2021-11_driveway banana 3rd iteration.jpg
As you can see I added two tall PVC pipes, put eye bolts in wooden wedges, used hay bale twine for a horizontal tie through eye bolts and looped around PVC pipe. Also used twine eye bolt to eye bolt across the top. Jammed a lid over the PVC pipes which were then cross tied over the top. That should take care of things, don't you agree!? It's not going anywhere.

Edited to mention we are having an infestation of fruit flies, especially in kitchen. I will reluctantly throw vegetable trash into garbage can in garage rather than compost bucket. Any suggestions? Read on-line that they are attracted to apple cider vinegar so - following suggestion - I put the vinegar and a drop of dish detergent in a small jar and wedged a funnel of rolled up paper in the mouth of the jar. Supposedly they will fly in but cannot get out. Really need a gecko (cats would love that!) or a Venus fly trap plant, or maybe several.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to bed rally early last night.. I was so exhausted.. just kind of collapsed, while cuddling with Geoffrey..
Finally got under the sheets around 1AM or so.... tossed and turned.

I swear Yesterday was the longest day for me.. It really was....

Today:
*up early enough.. just relaxing around..
*second cup of coffee---never do that it is Peppermint Mocha--really good
*procrastinating about buying the grill
*Did a tiny bit of brushing and cuddling with G....
*he is constipated so double doses of laxatone today... have to order more.
*regular morning stuff....
*nothing else planned... just on a search for Swiffer dry dusters.. Grocery store was all out of them.. all brands...
*need to make an appointment for my car to be 'winterized'... yuck...
Stop by a fabric store and pick up a 1/4 yard of fleece and cut it up into Swiffer size pieces. Instead of tossing them though, you can throw them in your laundry and then reuse them. I sew fancier covers for Swiffers but a plain old hunk of fleece works just as well or maybe even better than disposables,

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wish me luck! I'm going to need it. Going for my Moderna booster and my flu shot. The blasted flu shot usually knocks me for a loop. I figure I'll be under the electric blanket on High by 6:00 tonight, freezing to death. They said you can get both at the same time, so I figured I'd just get them done.
  • Enjoying my coffee and Molli and I are back here; she's on the cat tree, taking a nap
  • Flu shot and Moderna booster later on this morning
  • Depending on how I feel this afternoon, I'll do a bit of work outside. HA! We all know how that's going to work out.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
boxes

washed dishes and did not break any!!

will wash throws and robes

another day in the 60s

Wish me luck! I'm going to need it. Going for my Moderna booster and my flu shot.
Pam, I had both on the same day. I felt very tired from the flu jab for about 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.