Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester We have had several days of horrid weather. Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday were horrendous torrents of rain and wind. It was bad. Friday was cool and dreary.. Saturday, again was heavy rain, wind, damp, cool. I did make a huge pan of chicken soup on Wednesday

My cleaning person, K, had issues seeing me on Thursday, so we rescheduled to Saturday, late afternoon.

She is really awesome! In such demand in here. She can pick and choose who she wants as clients.
She does work for an agency, but does a ton of people on her own time--- only the ones she owns to do. She tells me that my place is 'fun', and enjoyable. She sets her own rates. Not expensive. She refuses to help the cranky and mean people.

She scrubbed the grout, tub, sink, with bleach!! It looked clean before she went it after she was finished, it was sparkling clean!

It has taken me almost a year, but I finally managed, to get an opening with her for every 2 weeks.
She will do whatever I want her to do. Yesterday, in addition to cleaning my bathroom, washing my kitchen floor--hands and knees, she also helped me rotate my mattress.. I had hanged all the sheets-- just had the top sheet to put on, once the mattress was rotated.

I kind of feel awkward about the opening because it was from a sweet, kind woman who passed away last week... so...But I think Rose would be happy for me.

It was late afternoon, supper time, so I gave her a sandwich. It was worth it.

My back was killing me yesterday. So she did a lot..

Today:
* back was so sore all day---decided to sleep in and miss Sunday Mass. I will watch it on TV.
* regular daily stuff
*play with Geoffrey
*nothing else..... absolutely nothing......
*phone call

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
eventually make some lunch
wait for mamanyt1953 to get up so we can pass out candy to the trick or treaters
get my hair dyed once the trick or treaters or done

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Your cleaning lady sounds like a winner. Keep her!

Our weekend was uneventful. It rained the entire weekend, Rick watched football, and I was in the WeShed, watching the first X-Files movie, finishing up a tv series on Netflix, and then starting Firefly on Hulu. I've seen Firefly before, but really liked it, so I'm watching it again.

Rick's BIL has been experimenting with smoking cheese and he's got it down to a fine art. He made and smoked some bologna. too. Rick went up on Friday and he and his sister had a phone discussion about insurance issues for their mom. Our BIL gave us bologna, and several kinds of smoked cheeses from his latest experiments. Man, can that man smoke! He suggested that we make mac and cheese with his smoked Cheddar, so that's what we had for dinner on Sunday night. Unbelievably good.

Anyway, here's what going on today (nothing much):
  • A bit of vacuuming about the house, along with a quick swiffer. I need to scoop.
  • Vacuum and swiffer in the the WeShed. I was out there both Sat and Sun, since Rick was watching football in the house and I need to straighten things up a bit. (When I came into the house Saturday night, the fog was very thick from all the rain and it was downright spooky, walking through the yard. Rick had the outside lights on for me, but everything was a haze. Not good when it's close to Halloween! I was humming the theme to the Twilight Zone. :D)
  • Rake leaves and such again today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
-spent over an hour talking to a Garda outside as we try to find my missing cats.
- spent an hour abed trying to get warm again.
-crashed for the night having fed all who came in

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, after vacuuming, I took all the Halloween decorations down, both in the house and out in the WeShed. Did more raking and sweeping. Put the deck chairs in the equipment shed for the winter and took all the chair pillows to their box in the basement. Changed Halloween yard flags to regular fall flags. Now I must start thinking about decorating the WeShed for Christmas!
I made vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and a Cinnabon ice cream (with vanilla and cinnamon). They're in the freezer and we'll Creamify them tonight for dessert.

Today:
  • VOTE! I wanted to vote by mail, simply because we can and we have our ballots, but Rick wants to vote in person this time around. Since we're retired, it shouldn't be busy this morning, so we're leaving in a few minutes. Masks will be worn.
  • We're going into town to renew my library card. I tried to check-out an ebook I had on Hold that finally became available last night and they wouldn't let me have it as my card expired. Dang. And whatever else we decide to do in town.
  • Work outside on clipping stuff for winter.
  • Trash night tonight. Which really means nothing, other than we need to take the can down to the end of the driveway for the garbage-weenies to pick up tomorrow morning.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, after vacuuming, I took all the Halloween decorations down, both in the house and out in the WeShed. Did more raking and sweeping. Put the deck chairs in the equipment shed for the winter and took all the chair pillows to their box in the basement. Changed Halloween yard flags to regular fall flags. Now I must start thinking about decorating the WeShed for Christmas!
I made vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and a Cinnabon ice cream (with vanilla and cinnamon). They're in the freezer and we'll Creamify them tonight for dessert.

Today:
  • VOTE! I wanted to vote by mail, simply because we can and we have our ballots, but Rick wants to vote in person this time around. Since we're retired, it shouldn't be busy this morning, so we're leaving in a few minutes. Masks will be worn.
  • We're going into town to renew my library card. I tried to check-out an ebook I had on Hold that finally became available last night and they wouldn't let me have it as my card expired. Dang. And whatever else we decide to do in town.
  • Work outside on clipping stuff for winter.
  • Trash night tonight. Which really means nothing, other than we need to take the can down to the end of the driveway for the garbage-weenies to pick up tomorrow morning.
I took ours down on Monday. Didn't plan on it but once I started, I just kept rolling with it. Added Thanksgiving decor to the Fall decor that was already up. My oldest who always makes fun of me for decorating for every season/holiday pointed out that there wasn't a wreath on the living room table and it looked bare. Once he said that, it started to bother me so of course, I went on the hunt for a Fall/Thanksgiving wreath. All the ones I found had those little berries on it which is a no no because of Boone and Gracie, Found one on Etsy that I really loved but didn't read the fine print. Won't arrive for another two weeks. :doh: Here's a pic of it though.
wreath.jpg

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick That's cute! I don't have much decor at all for Thanksgiving, basically a couple small turkey candles. And fall tablecloths. We can't put much on the outside of our front door bc, with the storm door, it gets hot when the sun's out. Really hot. Like almost burn-your-skin hot.

Not much going on today.
  • Gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast and am drinking my coffee. Must scoop
  • A quick vacuum about the house, but nothing big. Still didn't vacuum out the registers, so we didn't turn the heat on. It was chilly this morning, about 60 F in the house. I'll have to clean them after I've finished my coffee and get started on chores.
  • Rick will be working on leaves in the yard. It's a never-ending task. While he's doing that, I'm going to go out and continue clipping things down in the front garden bed.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick That's cute! I don't have much decor at all for Thanksgiving, basically a couple small turkey candles. And fall tablecloths. We can't put much on the outside of our front door bc, with the storm door, it gets hot when the sun's out. Really hot. Like almost burn-your-skin hot.

Not much going on today.
  • Gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast and am drinking my coffee. Must scoop
  • A quick vacuum about the house, but nothing big. Still didn't vacuum out the registers, so we didn't turn the heat on. It was chilly this morning, about 60 F in the house. I'll have to clean them after I've finished my coffee and get started on chores.
  • Rick will be working on leaves in the yard. It's a never-ending task. While he's doing that, I'm going to go out and continue clipping things down in the front garden bed.
I don't have much either. I looked but a lot of stuff was just regular Fall decor or very cutesy which I'm not into now that I don't have littles. I have a "Give Thanks" banner, some little turkey figurines from Target, and a couple pillows for the loveseat and chair in the living room. I also have two multi-seasonal wood things that you can change depending on the season/holiday. Thanksgiving is kind of the forgotten holiday in home decor. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday ended well for me. It has been a very stressful past couple of days.. Monday was really bad!
Yesterday, I was much relieved after a meeting! I felt much better. Today, I am getting so much support from the staff in my building! I am so relieved. I am finding out how people feel about me.

Out of bad, things are good.. At least I hope the outcome will be... asserting myself and standing up for myself!
~~~~~~
Today:
*up early for appointment in Boston
*quick morning stuff
*came home, the painter should come in to scrape and paint around windows and sill.
*had to move around some things..Got out the stuff I use as drop sheets
*The painter will have to help me move a couple more things and help me cover a couple of pieces.

Just hanging out....Painter said he would try to do the prep work before he leaves today--But I do not see that happening. It is getting later in the afternoon.
OOPs.. He just came in... Looked things over. He will be back bright and early at 8am, tomorrow.
He is so funny... From Ireland.. asked if I wanted him to bring me a cup of Dunkin coffee!! So kind.. He said I was a 'lovely lass."" I chuckled.. 'Lovely lady'....

Got another dose of the hypnotism.. For weight loss.. I was up to 10 lbs. The past couple of weeks have not been good. Overeating, etc.... I gained 2-3 lbs...

I hope this works... I want to lose another 10 lbs. and keep it off..

The post hypnotic suggestions are for enjoying in the feeling of being hungry, imagining peaceful waves, peaceful breathing when I am stressed, etc... not caring for the uncomfortableness of eating too much...Being more confident in myself... and what I can achieve....

We will see.....
My session was on a Zoom thread, with an Intern.. I do not know if she was interested in it for herself, or just interested in it for herself.
She is still a young student so.................

Comcast went down; came back... craziness downstairs... day is done.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally! A frost last night, down to 27.9 degrees Fahrenheit according to my rooftop weather station.

Today I
1) unloaded dishwasher
2) washed / dried / folded 3 small loads of laundry - darks / whites / jeans & towels
3) my infrequent / occasional handyman was here again today, cut back and dug two more canna cultivars. Three large containers each variety - half barrels, tire planter, etc. The tubers are in the garage in tubs, along with yesterday's tubs of excavated tubers, drying off a bit so I can brush off more soil, then pack in crates with peat moss.
4) I cut down outdoor bananas - they are HUGE this year - and sorted out tubs to cover the stumps.
Cut Back Bananas_2021-11_on the ground.jpg

Tomorrow while we are out for an appointment and errands occasional handyman will come, cut the banana culms into sections and drag to a debris pile in the woods. Then rake leaves from where they are collecting at the bottom of the driveway, bring up, fill tubs, and cover the bananas.

Stay tuned for future developments.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Pick up grocery order
Pick up youngest from school...maybe
Clean litter boxes
Gather trash and take to curb

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm glad your day went well. Congratulations on the weight loss! What color are you painting?
C catapault You were busy!

We visited with Rick's mom yesterday. Took her Kindle to her and visited for our allotted 30 minutes. Rick kind of sprung that on me; I wasn't expecting it and was planning to spend the afternoon outside. Didn't happen. When we got home, Rick cleaned the registers out and then did a good vacuuming through the house. We turned the heat on. I think this is the latest that we've turned it on; usually it's sometime in October.
  • Breakfast for the girls and am drinking my coffee. I am pooped. I don't think I slept at all last night. I watched the clock from hour to hour. Nights like that are not pretty. And then Amber kicked in around 4:00, so that ended any chances of sleep.
  • Dear Richard informed me yesterday that I haven't baked cookies in a while. Snickerdoodles this morning. I may make sugar cookies, too. I took butter out of the fridge to soften a bit.
  • Do whatever I can to avoid taking a nap today. If I don't nap, maybe I can get to sleep and stay asleep tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today

1) visited place that makes orthotics, discussed my knee, walked around the store barefoot while being observed. Ordered the inserts. Three weeks. That means it will probably be December before they are available, what with Thanksgiving getting in the way.
2) Stopped at supermarket on the way home to pick up a few things. Himself waited in the car while I went in. Saw Progresso soups on sale so I brought beef barley and two others that sounded good - creamy chicken with mushrooms and barley, and chicken and corn chowder with taste of bacon. Should have known better than to buy 3 cans each of unknowns. Himself had one for lunch, I had the other - the food bank will get the remaining cans.
3) Himself fueled up his car at Costco - $3.299 / gallon for regular. Better than the other gas stations we passed.
4) Home, and intermittent handyman was there, finishing up raking leaves to fill tubs over bananas I cut back yesterday.
5) After lunch I went to bottom of driveway, cut back the banana planted there a couple of years ago. Sheet rock bucket of leaves over stump, plastic garbage can lined with plastic bag that had been filled with leaves over that - think double layered, bucket inside can.

And of course the usual routine matters - feed cats breakfast / lunch / dinner / waiting for bedtime later this evening. Scoop litter pan morning and evening and any other time I pass by. Meals for us. Bird feeders out in morning, in at dusk.

Hardly time for a dull moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.