Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
did some regular stuff, overdid it yesterday new dose has kicked in but I must pace myself
or I'll backslide

bd was yesterday but couldn't go for lunch as Nicole and I planned. I got B&BW 3 wick candles,
pink towels, and money. Restaurant has sauerkraut balls, Lake Erie perch, we may have take out on Friday.
I have never had sauerkraut balls but I think I would love them!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Stink bug season has arrived big time! They’re all over our windows. I really hate stink bugs.
Rain this morning to around 1:00 this afternoon, a bunch of showers. We didn’t get anything done outside.

Yesterday, I picked up four green large yard bags of walnuts and there are more on the tree. It’s a shame; the nuts are big and round and beautiful. We have tons of acorns on the ground for the deer and we even have a lot of chestnuts from our chestnut tree. I hope this bounty doesn’t foretell a bad winter.
I also walked around the yard, picking up branches. I’ll need to get the rake out to rake them up properly. Maybe tomorrow.
  • Scooped the boxes, got the trash together. Rick is shredding paper now.
  • Did a quick vacuum and swifter in living room and kitchen.
  • Read a couple whodunnits today. They were quick reads.
And that’s pretty much it for today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls.
Rick and his sister are attending an insurance meeting for their mother.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, etc
  • Drinking a second cup of coffee now and hanging out on the computer. I'll scoop boxes in a few minutes.
  • Spending the afternoon outside doing yard work.
  • I need to make up a list of stuff that we need to grab for my sister to take care of the girls: jugs of spring water, paper towels, cleaner and deodorizer, etc. Tomorrow we'll hit the store.
  • I have butter in the microwave to soften. I'll make the batter up for cookies tonight and bake them tomorrow. I'm thinking vanilla chip and macadamia and some snicks.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked as usual and this afternoon had an interview for a position with a polar research center which is a company that I've been wanting to get an interview with since I heard about it a year ago. I think the interview went really well and I'm really hoping I get a call back for a second interview. I later went to the library to pick up some books and picked up dinner at Wing Stop.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Pick up grocery order

Do a load of laundry

Since I have 2 extra litter boxes, I am going to stack them with the ones in use so when I clean litter boxes, I can immediately fill up the spares while I clean the others.

Message vet about Gracie's diarrhea. It's going on too often and needs to stop. Not sure if I need to cut out the overnight meal or add a probiotic but IT NEEDS TO STOP!!

I also need to remember to NOT set my youngest's alarm for tomorrow because there is no school.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Made my list up for a few things at the store for my sister to take care of the girls, so we'll hit the store today.
  • Bake the cookies (I made the doughs and threw them into the fridge last night). Rick bowls tonight, so I can plug my iPod in and listen to music while baking.
  • Work a bit outside. Still picking up walnuts, etc.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't get the cookies baked last night. I got interested in a book....and the rest is history.
  • Breakfast thing for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee, and listening to the owls hooting back and forth. There are at least two owls; I can hear two distinct hoots. And they're right in the back yard.
  • I need to bake the cookies this morning. And put books on Evelyn's Kindle. We're taking the Kindle back this afternoon and we're giving her some cookies, too.
  • After finishing up cookies, I want to do a good cleaning in the kitchen.
And that will be my day.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today...

Work
Stop by bank to get some $$$
Get my car emission tested
Get my Shingrix vaccine
Do a load of laundry
Decorate for Halloween
Pick up dinner

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
get caught up online for the morning session
check my mail later and write letters
play my game when Jon gets up

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washed blanket, a throw

will be beautiful today, rain tomorrow......Connie came for brekkie while Daniella, (ex Tux as she is a girl), slept
on chair. She lets me pet her now but not all he time. Sometimes I get a bat, ha!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick When is Gracie's vet appt for the diarrhea?
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling?

We did a bit of shopping yesterday. I bought some sweaters, a pair of jeans, some underwear. First time I've actually been out clothes shopping since I retired. Rick bought a sweater. Since most of our stores have now closed, we have Kohls, Target, Walmart, and Boscov's. Oh, and TJ Maxx. We ended up going to Kohls. But I am not amused. I used to shop at JCP and at Christopher and Banks often. Can't now, unless it's online. I did an order for JCP earlier this year; what I bought was either too small or too big. Blah! I need to try things on. Not a big Kohls fan, but I did find some things.

Baked the cookies yesterday; Rick wanted chocolate chip, so I made cc with dark chocolate chips and also vanilla chip and macadamia nut cookies. Took some to his mom's when we took her Kindle back. She called last night as she was munching and thanked us.
  • I'm taking care of Sophia, my sister's kitten. They have her on the porch, so I go over, spend time with her, make sure her boxes are scooped, and make sure she has enough food. Just got back. She's a sweetie. They don't have a lot of toys on the porch for her, so I came back, grabbed some new meeces, and took them back over. She's having a good time with her meeces. It's an enclosed porch with a locked door, so she's fine. I wanted to bring her here and keep her in the computer room, but she's not had any shots or even been checked out by the vet yet as she's very young. Not a good idea to have her around the girls. I'll go back over tonight to make sure she's OK.
  • Four loads of laundry to do, some vacuuming, swiffering, etc. The usual stuff.
  • Changed the bed sheets, scooped boxes, etc.
I guess I'd better get started!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick When is Gracie's vet appt for the diarrhea?
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling?

We did a bit of shopping yesterday. I bought some sweaters, a pair of jeans, some underwear. First time I've actually been out clothes shopping since I retired. Rick bought a sweater. Since most of our stores have now closed, we have Kohls, Target, Walmart, and Boscov's. Oh, and TJ Maxx. We ended up going to Kohls. But I am not amused. I used to shop at JCP and at Christopher and Banks often. Can't now, unless it's online. I did an order for JCP earlier this year; what I bought was either too small or too big. Blah! I need to try things on. Not a big Kohls fan, but I did find some things.

Baked the cookies yesterday; Rick wanted chocolate chip, so I made cc with dark chocolate chips and also vanilla chip and macadamia nut cookies. Took some to his mom's when we took her Kindle back. She called last night as she was munching and thanked us.
  • I'm taking care of Sophia, my sister's kitten. They have her on the porch, so I go over, spend time with her, make sure her boxes are scooped, and make sure she has enough food. Just got back. She's a sweetie. They don't have a lot of toys on the porch for her, so I came back, grabbed some new meeces, and took them back over. She's having a good time with her meeces. It's an enclosed porch with a locked door, so she's fine. I wanted to bring her here and keep her in the computer room, but she's not had any shots or even been checked out by the vet yet as she's very young. Not a good idea to have her around the girls. I'll go back over tonight to make sure she's OK.
  • Four loads of laundry to do, some vacuuming, swiffering, etc. The usual stuff.
  • Changed the bed sheets, scooped boxes, etc.
I guess I'd better get started!
I don't have one. Checked this morning and now the only opening is late October/early November. I called the vet this morning and they were supposed to call back but didn't. I am hoping that they would have called and said something must be upsetting her gut and tell me to try (fill in the blank) or do this instead of that.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take youngest to SAT test
Decorate inside and outside for Halloween
Strip and remake beds
Clean bathrooms
Dust bedroom
Pick up dinner
Watch hockey with husband and youngest

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Kind of busy...
* regular morning stuff
* Went to Trader Joes
* did a couple of loads of laundry... up and down floors, several times to laundry room.. PITAA!!
*Geoffrey is a good boy---not a lap cat but is now on the sofa, next to me.. I am on the recliner...
He did jump on the empty area of the recliner, this morning... Sweet Boy...I love him..
* Finished my Thank You cards to Elected Officials and The Police Chief.
* Surprise letter to all residents of building; mentioning my name... from a soon to be elected local City Councilor.. He topped the incumbent during the Primary.... I was shocked.. all from my activism with the City's Parking Issues---which we won!!
* Relaxation tonight...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think since I got a lot accomplished yesterday (not everything I did yesterday made my list above), today is going to be an organization/maintenance day. Get stuff done I have been putting off.

So far I have...
Balanced the checkbook

Put October's meal plan in phone calendar

Restocked the flavored water and sodas in fridge

Replace the stake for the yard inflatable that I broke last night while admiring my hard work

Brought the Fall flag that I found in the garage that I had forgotten about inside to put in the Fall Decor bin so I won't forget it next year

Cleaned off the paper clutter on kitchen counter (husband's and oldest's)

What's left to do...
Two loads of laundry

More small stuff I am sure I will find that needs to be done during the rest of the day

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're home! We left early Sunday morning for Mystic, CT. Spent Sunday and Sunday night there and then headed to Ogunquit, Maine on Monday morning. We stayed in Ogunquit, toured Portland and Kennebunkport, walked around towns and along the ocean. Did some shopping, had some good food, and headed for home Wednesday morning. We got back to our house around 5:00. My brother drove and we went along for the ride. We really had a good time. This was my first time away from our house since we went to Vermont in 2017. I was due, overdue, actually.

The weather was gorgeous. In the low 70s/high 60s. We had a bit of rain Monday night, and Tuesday was a bit cloudy. But Wednesday morning was beautiful. We walked down along Marginal Way a bit, to see the sun rise and it was spectacular. Coming home, once we got into the Poconos, the trees were brilliant with color.

The girls were well taken care of by my sister and BIL. But they missed us. You can tell. Molli tried to be a bit stand-offish, but she couldn't. She cuddled up close in bed last night, even though Muffin was right there, too. Rick said he came to bed and Molli was on my left side, with Muffin on my right, and Tabby on my left, right up against Molli. Later on, when Molli moved up to my pillow at my head, Tabby moved right in Molli's old spot next to me. I think they missed us. They're used to Dad going away, but they're not used to Mom not being around. Mom's always around!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and Molli and I are back here with my coffee.
  • I have a ton of laundry to do
  • Must pick up meds today, at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.