Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I couldn't walk outside this morning because the air quality was too bad (smoke). I'm lucky that I have a 10-story building nearby, though, so I did all the hallways and stairs to the top and then back down again. It's only about a mile and a half, but it's better than nothing.

Because we live in an earthquake zone and wildfire territory (we had to evacuate last fall but were lucky), the community has been working on emergency preparedness plans. I spent some time this afternoon looking at the website and trying to figure out how to organize it so it's more intuitive. Lots of good info, but it's just kind of splatted there with no organization.

Did a load of laundry, vacuumed, and scooped. Always vacuuming and scooping. I swear the cats fill hidden pockets with litter and sprinkle it around the house when I'm not looking. And even when I am.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
At this point, not a blasted thing. I'm not doing anything today that I don't have to do. Nothing that can’t be put up until tomorrow.
Rick brought down more tomatoes yesterday, but everything will hold off. Tomorrow is another day.

I will do my walking. And then I'm planning on reading the day away.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to the grocery store for a money order to pay rent and some stamps
went to the dollar tree and shopped then went to rite aid to pick up some alka seltzers
now to get cooled off and relax here at home

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At this point, not a blasted thing. I'm not doing anything today that I don't have to do. Nothing that can’t be put up until tomorrow.
Rick brought down more tomatoes yesterday, but everything will hold off. Tomorrow is another day.

I feel the same way. Not motivated to do anything today. Maybe vacuum later but who knows. Good thing nothing is really pressing so it's ok to wait until next weekend.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I had so many things on my list today.... doing nothing...
just made a meatloaf, and will dump trash... mass this morning.... nothing else... just a mini vacuuming due to Geoffrey's mess with the litter.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Lots to do today, since I didn't do much at all yesterday.
  • Up with the girls, made my coffee, and Mollipop and I are back here in the computer room. She's on the tree and I'm drinking my coffee. It's still pretty dark outside; once it gets lighter, Muffin and I will go for a walk. Thankfully it has cooled off a bit. She has not really wanted to walk much lately and we're thinking it's because of the heat and humidity. She must take after her mama. I need to get the beef stew into the crock pot this morning.
  • Must do tomatoes this morning....as soon as I'm finished with my coffee. By that time, Rick will be up; he's going to pick corn this morning. Once the tomato sauce is simmering, then we'll start blanching corn. He may pull the rest of the red beets, depending on how big they are. I'd like him to pull a sweet potato, just to see what they look like.
  • A good vacuuming once the vegetables are processed. I may change and wash bed sheets and do a load of towels.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was almost asleep late last night when a tremendous caterwauling came from downstairs. Came down in the dark, turn on a light - Domino, very floofed up, is pacing toward me and Mr Poe is walking into the next room grumbling and muttering. There's fur all over the floor towards the outside doors. Find Mr Poe hiding behind the drapes, still muttering. Haul him out and close him into my study. Pick up fur from floor. Set up a litter pan for him. Stumble upstairs to bed. All is well this morning - both cats now out and had their breakfast, both strolling around the house, no issues. Must have been a strange cat outside the door on the deck, resulting in another bout (fortunately brief) of misplaced aggression.

This morning I'm washing a small load of jeans and then another of bed sheets, once I strip the bed linens.

Need to sew a knitting needle storage roll as a gift for a neighbor's birthday party tomorrow.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work (also known as goofing off until 1330)
Debating whether I will stop at Petco and pick up a different variety (non-pate) of Weruva to see if Boone and Gracie like it
Balance checkbook since I didn't do it over the weekend

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work (also known as goofing off until 1330)
Debating whether I will stop at Petco and pick up a different variety (non-pate) of Weruva to see if Boone and Gracie like it
Balance checkbook since I didn't do it over the weekend
Well... that was an epic fail as I figured it would be. Picked up 3 different types (The Double Dip, Funk in the Trunk, and Lamb Burger-ini) because in the pictures, it resembled a pate more than a "shred". Got home and tried out The Double Dip. Instant rejection. :ohwell: I waited a while and then just threw it out and gave them their usual Monday afternoon meal which they proceeded to eat in about 5 minutes. I was really hoping to replace the 2 turkey varieties that they aren't too fond of but I don't want to load up on seafood either. I am feeding pretty much all the meat only varieties with some seafood "sprinkled" in. They do eat the turkey ones but just not a quickly. Back to the drawing board.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yay for you! Finally! :woohoo: I'm excited for you! It's not been a good time for you at all.

Yesterday was a "garden" day; I'm doing between 2-3 garden days a week now with all the produce coming in. Three quarts of tomato sauce (one quart went right into my beef stew for dinner last night), 3 dozen ears of corn: husked, blanched, flash-frozen, then bagged and tossed in the freezer. A few red beets, not even a quart, but I'll take them anyway. I had the kitchen all cleaned up and spotless. Rick goes up to the garden to grab whatever tomatoes he could get before Ida comes through. And brings these down. I figure that by Thursday, possibly Friday, I'll be doing tomatoes again. The cukes are going over to the church.
MoreTomatoes.jpg

• Took Muffin out for her walk and had my coffee
  • We went outside to do some "waiting for Ida" chores. I put the rocking chairs down on the WeShed deck, but took smaller stuff inside, along with the plants. We're not sure about wind, but we're in the 3 to 6 inches of rain range. Won't hurt us, but it could be a real mess in town. If it turns out that we are in for wind, I'll go back outside and take the chairs and the yard flags in the shed, too. While I was out there, I watered the plants.
  • Must hit the garden to pick lima beans and process them for the freezer
  • We're going down to the mall in a bit for a few things. Rick needs to pick up meds. Staying away from grocery stores as I'm sure they're a real mess right now. Eggs, milk, and bread, you know!
The WeShed is ready for Ida......

WeShedIda.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yay for you! Finally! :woohoo: I'm excited for you! It's not been a good time for you at all.

Yesterday was a "garden" day; I'm doing between 2-3 garden days a week now with all the produce coming in. Three quarts of tomato sauce (one quart went right into my beef stew for dinner last night), 3 dozen ears of corn: husked, blanched, flash-frozen, then bagged and tossed in the freezer. A few red beets, not even a quart, but I'll take them anyway. I had the kitchen all cleaned up and spotless. Rick goes up to the garden to grab whatever tomatoes he could get before Ida comes through. And brings these down. I figure that by Thursday, possibly Friday, I'll be doing tomatoes again. The cukes are going over to the church.
View attachment 393705
  • Took Muffin out for her walk and had my coffee
  • We went outside to do some "waiting for Ida" chores. I put the rocking chairs down on the WeShed deck, but took smaller stuff inside, along with the plants. We're not sure about wind, but we're in the 3 to 6 inches of rain range. Won't hurt us, but it could be a real mess in town. If it turns out that we are in for wind, I'll go back outside and take the chairs and the yard flags in the shed, too. While I was out there, I watered the plants.
  • Must hit the garden to pick lima beans and process them for the freezer
  • We're going down to the mall in a bit for a few things. Rick needs to pick up meds. Staying away from grocery stores as I'm sure they're a real mess right now. Eggs, milk, and bread, you know!
The WeShed is ready for Ida......

View attachment 393704
Stay safe Winchester Winchester . I think we are getting some of it Wednesday night into Thursday. We have no drainage system for the roads so even a quick heavy rain floods them. I might just stay home that day. Don't want to get stuck in VA and not be able to make it home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Under a flash flood watch. Still have us in the 3 to 6 inch rain range, although we're pretty much on the lower side of that. We're staying home and I'll be on the couch with a couple of good books and a few cats. It's a good day for reading. Those of you who have to travel today, be careful! Might be a good idea to stay home, klunick klunick .

Rick's mom's nursing is, ONCE AGAIN, closed. Yet another un-vaccinated employee tested positive for Covid. We're back to window visits with a telephone only. I'm so angry at the stupidity I could spit.

I met my new furry niece and nephew last night. My sister and BIL found Wyatt, a little orange boy, about 50 feet up in a tree. They asked the fire dept to bring the bucket and get him down, but the dept refused. They contacted a tree service and they did come out; they had to pay for the service, of course. Got him down, took him to the vet and he's no worse for wear. He's about 4 months old give or take. I'd take him in a heartbeat, but when I went to visit last night, Rick warned me before I left that I'd better be coming home alone. One of my sister's neighbors found Sophia, a little white girl with brown spots, in her back yard. Called my sister, she went over and brought Sophia home. She's only about five weeks old and the neighbor had no idea where her mama was or any siblings. She has a vet appt on Oct 8, the earliest they could get her in. Sophia and Wyatt are staying in their enclosed back porch in separate cages. It was hard to leave without stealing Wyatt. They now have nine cats, all indoors. And did I mention that Wyatt is simply gorgeous?!

I came home last night, washed up very well, and changed my clothes because I did handle the kittens. And still, Molli knew. She gave me a sniff, her eyes got big, and she turned around and walked away. She didn't sleep with me last night either, for the first time in a very long time. She was angry. This morning, all is forgiven though. After all, I'm the feeder person! She's on my lap as I type. Another reason to keep to the cats we have now. I learned my lesson after bringing Muffin into the house.
  • I've been up since 3:30. Amber has been a real PITB this morning. The caterwauling is ridiculous. She got the other girls up, so I gave up and got out of bed. They've all had breakfast, I'm on my second cup of coffee (it might be a multi-cup day!), and I just took a load of laundry out of the washer and threw it in the dryer. (I changed bed sheets yesterday, but didn't launder anything, so am working on a bit of laundry now.)
  • Chili is in the crock pot
  • I want to organize a couple bathroom cabinets and drawers this afternoon. There has to be a better way.
  • There just might be a nap in the next few hours. Two cups of coffee and I'm still :yawn:

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester be careful with the remnants of Ida. She is visiting us this afternoon and Thursday morning. We ar also in the 3-5 inches of rain category.

Wyatt sounds like a 'doll'.. When I was at PetSmart with my friend, I had to go in to see them.. especially a very abused, frightened, withdrawn kitty. I opened her cubby, and just gave her some pets and love. She did not move from her hiding spot.. poor thing. She needs a foster.. someone who knows how to handle a frightened cat... shades of Geoffrey. I really wanted to take her home. Rose is the same coloring as my guy(s)..... orange/buff kitties are a 'thing' for me....

I am sorry about MIL's home being shut down, again.((((Hugs)))) to her, and you.... The home should have a vaccine mandate! I know help is hard to find, but....people's lives are at stake...

We have had 6 cases in 10 days! and one death--man really sick with diabetes, etc..... It is getting frightening.. All were vaccinated!!

Management has semi shut down the building. Dining room is closed, Mask mandate, no group activities, no group talking crowds in corridor, all visitors registering... Gym is by appointment only-Max is 3 at a time. Dinner is being delivered. Store: only 3 at a time; elevators- 3 at a time.

Some people are getting the Booster shot at CVS or Walgreens... It depends on how you explain yourself to them, as to wether you get it or not.....

I am hoping hey will tell us when we are having the Booster shot in here. I am going to try to get one today; but i will not lie, in order to get one.

Today, they are offering another Covid Test Clinic. I am getting it done.

*regular morning stuff
*Covid Test
*errand
*iced coffee
* nothing else for the rest of the day. Perhaps wiping down bathroom.

Mia6 Mia6 so glad you are getting another helper! Hopefully this works out well... (((Hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.