Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Laundry
Wash back car window (stopped at several gas stations for their squeegee thing but they either don't have one or there is no liquid)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We got back from Pittsburgh. Hit Penzey for my herbs and spices. Hit the Pennsylvania Macaroni Store for some interesting pastas, white wine vinegar, some breads, cheeses, and some condiments. On the way home, we stopped at a new-to-us BBQ place for ribs. Good food! We stopped at a Boyer’s outlet in Altoona for MalloBars and some Clark Bars.

I drove out, Rick drove home. We are both pooped!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haul out the dog house from the shed clean it, and spray it with cat urine remover to hopefully make it smell better. (toms at old house sprayed it) I almost sold it but will need it for the cats outside this winter.
water my potted plants (100 degrees again today)
weed my garden

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was:
*quick morning stuff
*bocce
* second shower of morning because I was soaked with sweat--so hot outside
*Drive into Boston for appointment
*cuddling with Geoffrey
*Quick salad supper
*phone calls.....

Today???
*regular morning stuff
*a couple of errands
* nothing else scheduled
I just need to wind down...

I watched the meeting on TV, late last night.. I did a horrible job.. not relaxed at all, frenzied... people were being nice in complimenting me about how good a job I did. They were just being nice...
I absolutely cannot stand myself... only lost 2-3 lbs!! and I have not been eating much..
I looked like a blimp on tv.....

just a quiet day----very hot outside...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have tomato sauce simmering on the stove. Another 30 minutes and it can go into containers.

I organized my stash from Penzeys. Cleaned and refilled spice jars. I want to make Rustic Rub this afternoon. I use that stuff on everything. An old recipe from Emeril Lagasse.

Rick is going to the garden to pull more red beets. I will get them ready for the freezer. I may do some pickled red beet eggs, too, for the weekend. While I am working on red beets, Rick will pick and shell lima beans. So when I finish beets, I can start on the limas.

Why we do this stuff when the temperature is in the low 90s is beyond me!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I think you’re amazing and you don’t know just how good you really are! You pulled through with everything and got it done. You did one heckuva good job. You should be proud. No, when people told you that you did a good job, they were not just being nice; they were being truthful. Yes, you were scared, but you just kept going, And I really knew you could do it. I had faith! Congratulations on a job very well done! :hugs: :woohoo:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thank you.. I had another couple fo compliments today....Amazing.

I was also on the phone with a 'secret source' who was very helpful with this issue. He was behind the scenes guiding the council on the motion.
I need to put together the wording for the motion.
They will try to fast track it, with a public hearing at the end of September.

Yikes, Politics!!! crazy world...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful morning! I spent several hours with a good friend today. Haven’t seen her in years. We’re on FB, but it’s not the same. I got there at 10:30 and played on only spending one hour. But I got home at 2:00! We just kept talking and laughing and the time zoomed by. How fun!

Got home, hit the couch for a while with my iPad, and decided to hit the WeShed. So here I sit. And I don’t plan on doing much at all.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cooler, but man, is it ever sticky today! We have the ceiling fan running in the kitchen and the window fan running on the floor in the living room. And it's still entirely too sticky.

I visited with my friend yesterday. She was purging books and said she had "a few" to give to me, if I wanted them. And, well, of course! I just brought them in from my car.....Rick looked at me and said, "A few?? Pam, do you guys even know what 'a few' is?" I brought in a huge bag of books. Some good whodunits and cozy mysteries. And even a nice cookbook. I needed some new reading material! I'm going to take the bag out to the WeShed and sit it on the floor by the couch. Because........why not?

Rick called the store about our fridge. You know, the one that was supposed to be delivered in August. Now, they're hoping to have it by sometime in October. I honestly don't know if the Samsung can hold out that long. I know October really isn't that far away, but the SS definitely has some issues. I keep a very close eye on it all the time now.
  • Got up with the girls, scooped boxes, enjoyed my coffee, brought up a pound of ground beef from the basement freezer to make BBQ tonight for dinner.
  • Muffin and I walked up to the garden, saw some cucumbers. I have a few cukes in the kitchen, too, so Rick will go up and bring the ones down to the house, and I'll run them over to the church pantry. They said they'll take as many as we can give them. I guess they go pretty fast. Who knew? Brought Muffin back into the house, opened the bedroom door, and she's in bed, snoozing away.
  • Wipe kitchen and bathroom down.
I don't know what else I'm going to do today, other than try to stay dry. It looks like it could pour any minute now.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
* regular morning stuff
* PetSmart to return the items my friend bought for the cat adoption, which fell through.
She is now going to wait a bit... Oh well.... We shall see if she really decides to adopt.. It did seem to be a rash decision, on her part.
* Trader Joes for some stuff.
* Dunkin for iced coffee

I do not think I will do much the rest of the day---except for trash dumping, and making something for supper... I am thinking something like salisbury steak---large type of meatball~~~ I ahve ground beef in the refrigerator. I will use some today, before I freeze it.

That and a salad, sounds like a meal to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.