TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I have done so far...
Fed cats breakfast

Stripped and remade my bed

Cleaned my bathroom

Put up new shower liner curtain

Piled bedding, towels, bath mat, and shower curtain in laundry basket to take down to wash

What I still need to do...

Strip and remake husband and youngest's beds

Clean 2nd bathroom

Wash bedding, bath mats, and shower curtains

Pick up dinner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Awakened with half a headache this morning. It's stuffy and humid again today.
  • Rick was having trouble with his Fitbit Blaze and it took me quite a while to get it all figured out again. I think it's working OK. I hope so; he is not the most patient person when there's a problem. I was half-tempted to throw my hands in the air and say, "Fine! YOU fix the bloody thing!" I had to charge the Blaze, remove the app from his phone, remove the Pairing, then set the whole thing up again. And the whole time, all I hear is, "Are you SURE you have to do all this????" "YES, Rick, YES, I DO! LEAVE ME ALONE, SO I CAN GET IT DONE!" And it's not any easier with somebody hovering over me. Men!
  • Clarence and I are going over to the church today with more cucumbers.
  • I need to scoop.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*regular morning stuff
*Went with a friend/neighbor to PetSmart, to look at kitties. She wants to adopt one.
*Iced Coffee, and an errand
*sent a text message to the guy in charge of adoptions. I am a former volunteer, vouching for my friend.
*Sipping iced coffee, and having some hummus with baby cucumbers
* going to wash clothes.

My friend wanted a 5-7 year old cat. She immediately saw and fell in love with a 1-2 year old. Originally she wanted an older one because she wants a sweet, cuddler, lap cat.... I told her that cats can charge a lot when they are adopted, and a younger one may be a bit better... I was shocked when she so quickly bonded with this young one!!
The kitty was really good with her.. sweet, purring... So love was born...

I hope she ends up with this cat.. I did everything in my power to push it through.. I know the tricks..
I pushed my luck, getting bossy... I asked to see the medical records, the daily log, and asked the volunteer to put down; this is a friend of a former volunteer; and to write on the application form, that this is a good match. I also sent a text message to the guy in charge of adoptions.

I hope this works out for both of them.. I cannot do anymore..

My friend lost her husband over a year ago. Three weeks ago, she had to put her dog down.. so she is very lonely. She has had cats in the past, and her adult kids have cats.. so it would seem to be ok....

We bought some supplies for a cat... because she is certain she wants one.. A cat tree, some toys,
a cardboard scratcher, another triangle scratcher. bowls, placemat. I bought a catnip pickle for the kitty.

Once she knows she is approved, she will buy a carrier, food, litter box, liter...
I have an extra, new litter scoop to give her.

In the meantime, she can put the tree together--I have a feeling I will be asked to do so, (her husband spoiled her)... and plan the placement of things... some thing for her to look forward to.

I cannot do anymore to help her. I have exhausted all my resources..

I guess, my good deed for the day!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • My turn to get up early. Fed the cats, made the coffee. Still need to scoop.
  • Must do tomatoes today
  • Try to make a coconut cream pie. I’ve never made one before. And I really have a hankering for coconut.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
*up early for Mass
*got caught in a downpour, coming home---got drenched
*lazying around, cuddled with Geoffrey for a bit
*Regular morning stuff
* dumped litter, washed out litter box
*Cleaned bathroom
*extra vacuuming, bit of quick dusting
*dumped trash
*friend came to visit---stayed too long.. how do you feel someone that they have stayed too long??
*phone call
*popcorn and a scoop of peanut butter for supper

That was it..

My friend came over because the cat she wanted, fell through.. someone else had called just before she did...She was kind fo devastated.. So we went through what was on line. I told her to check it out herself, daily. When I am available, I will go with her for an appointment to meet either a particular cat, or whatever the rescue has.

Today:
*regular morning stuff
* think of what I will be saying at the City Council meeting.
*ask secretary to send out a robocall
*make a couple of phone calls.
** make a salad for supper...
** out to Council meeting.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

did chores yesterday, 3 loads of laundry and some dishes; I've been w/o a helper before but that was before the incidence in 2018 that increased my pain levels and another fall I had in September of 2018. I fell on the deck last fall where I got the deep cut. Well, what did I do again Friday? Yep, trip over a box, ha!!! It's worse today than yesterday.I fell on my back and left shoulder.

will do more chores tokay, going to be in the high 80, then about 3 days of 90s, groan

artiemom artiemom Good luck a council meeting
Winchester Winchester Did you make the coconut creme pie? That was one of my mom's specialties

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't get much done yesterday because of the ER visit but I got some dusting done before heading to the hospital. Then got some vacuuming done when we got home. I was glad I had gotten all the laundry done the day before. Had to drop off prescription requests and then drive back to pick them up an hour later. I felt cheated out of my Sunday which is normally less eventful and more relaxing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick ER? What did I miss?

artiemom artiemom I think you're doing a great job with the Council! Keep going! I am sorry the kitty didn't come through for your friend, but she'll find one.

Mia6 Mia6 Are you going to be OK? I hope the pain isn't too terribly bad for you. Yes, I made the pie! It is wonderful stuff! I think I died and went to heaven. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Rick, despises coconut, but came out to the kitchen to see what I was moaning in ecstasy about (I was spooning the bowl clean and dang, it was good!) and, when he saw the pie, he got THAT look on his face. You know, the one that says, "Uh-uh, nope, nada, not gonna happen! Just not!" I told him to go away and leave me alone!
CCPie.jpg

• A quick vacuum about the house
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Water the plants in the WeShed

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick ER? What did I miss?

artiemom artiemom I think you're doing a great job with the Council! Keep going! I am sorry the kitty didn't come through for your friend, but she'll find one.

Mia6 Mia6 Are you going to be OK? I hope the pain isn't too terribly bad for you. Yes, I made the pie! It is wonderful stuff! I think I died and went to heaven. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Rick, despises coconut, but came out to the kitchen to see what I was moaning in ecstasy about (I was spooning the bowl clean and dang, it was good!) and, when he saw the pie, he got THAT look on his face. You know, the one that says, "Uh-uh, nope, nada, not gonna happen! Just not!" I told him to go away and leave me alone!
View attachment 392886

• A quick vacuum about the house
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Water the plants in the WeShed
Husband had a kidney stone and needed to go to the ER yesterday. Second one in three months. We spent several hours there but luckily, he must have passed it while at the hospital because the CT scan showed it was in his bladder but by the time we got home and the morphine wore off, he was fine again.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick ((Hugs)) to hubby and you...

Mia6 Mia6 Please be careful.. There should be someone to help you.. What about your sister? or nephew.. I worry about you...

Winchester Winchester That pie looks amazing! I will take Rick's portion, any day!!
Thanks for the voe of confidence. I have no idea what to expect. I feel as if I am going to be eaten up alive! I really do..
From what I am gathering, the City Council will most likely send this to 'Committee"... where it will languish to who knows when.. not an issue they want to deal with. But it IS an election year.... so who the heck knows. All I know is that I do not want to go through this again.. but my voice seems to be the loudest one here.
I have been told that I am very good at holding meetings, and doing all that I have been doing..
One person went so far as to say:" Between you and XXX~ Wow, what a team!"
XXX was past president of the tenants association, and is running again. I know what she is doing; using this issue as a platform for her campaign... and I am doing all the work....
But, if we get something out of this... at least having them know that us seniors, are not standing around, waiting to be pushed around; with unfair practices to the parking situation.

As in life and politics, I really cannot trust the co-chair of my parking committee.. It is really just us 2... and 95% me!! The other person, has a good tongue, I am new to all of this; but just speaking from my heart. I really do not know what is going to come out of my mouth.

I should write up some notes for tonight.. spoke with our local Councillor this morning. What a snake..

Just rambling... sorry...
~~
*went to grocery store
* had the secretary send the robocall out. I wrote it up..
* a couple slices of sourdough brad with my plant butter..
* will have some rotisserie chicken for early supper.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Husband had a kidney stone and needed to go to the ER yesterday. Second one in three months. We spent several hours there but luckily, he must have passed it while at the hospital because the CT scan showed it was in his bladder but by the time we got home and the morphine wore off, he was fine again.
klunick klunick I hope your husband is feeling better now. And kidney stones are very painful....I hope he doesn't get another one.
artiemom artiemom How was your Council meeting last night? I know you did an outstanding job! That's usually the way things work: You're part of a team, but you end up doing the work, while the other person takes the accolades. (I'm an introvert. When I was working, several of my tasks involved getting up in front of people to discuss certain topics. Every month, a couple times a month. When I first started doing it, I would get so panicky that I would become physically ill before my meetings. I was simply scared to death. After a year or so, though, it pretty much became second nature and I was fine. When I told a Planning Commission member about my anxiety, he was shocked. "But Pam, you handle it like a pro!" Well, yeah, it's my job. But I was a mess for a good year or so.) I know you're doing a great job!
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling?

Rick left for his dentist appt. I hope everything will be OK for him.
I'm starting to have some effects from that shot of Prolia. My hips hurt, as strange as that sounds. That can be a side effect, but I was doing well and thought I wouldn't have to deal with bone pain. Rick says it could also be from me starting to walk again, after not doing much at all since May. It's possible. All I know is, I hurt. I'll just keep working through it and, hopefully, it will go away soon.
Rick brought down another bunch of tomatoes. They're not ripe enough to do anything with them yet; I'm thinking by Thursday they should be ready.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Another hot and very humid day. Rick and Mollipop have a new game. After he's done emptying the dishwasher, he grabs 4-5 pieces of kibble. She comes out to the kitchen, he tosses a kibble, she chases after it, and gets a snack. She's gotten to where as soon as she thinks we're done with the dishes, she'll come out and wait. So I do it with her, too. This morning, both Tabby and Muffin decided to get in on the act. They don't realize that this is a Molli-thing. We managed, but it was a little tougher with three cats running around in the kitchen!
  • A load of kitty linens for the washer. Muffin can tell when the blankies in her buggy are fresh and when it's time for a good washing. Yesterday, she hopped in her buggy, took a sniff and then got back out. It's time for everything to be washed. She likes fresh blankies. I know how crazy that sounds, but it's the truth.
  • Work in the WeShed this afternoon. Vacuum, swiffer, etc. A good day to be in the AC.
And that's probably it. We're pushing really close to 90 pretty much all this week. Again. Blahhhhhh

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick I hope your husband is feeling better now. And kidney stones are very painful....I hope he doesn't get another one.
artiemom artiemom How was your Council meeting last night? I know you did an outstanding job! That's usually the way things work: You're part of a team, but you end up doing the work, while the other person takes the accolades. (I'm an introvert. When I was working, several of my tasks involved getting up in front of people to discuss certain topics. Every month, a couple times a month. When I first started doing it, I would get so panicky that I would become physically ill before my meetings. I was simply scared to death. After a year or so, though, it pretty much became second nature and I was fine. When I told a Planning Commission member about my anxiety, he was shocked. "But Pam, you handle it like a pro!" Well, yeah, it's my job. But I was a mess for a good year or so.) I know you're doing a great job!
Mia6 Mia6 How are you feeling?

Rick left for his dentist appt. I hope everything will be OK for him.
I'm starting to have some effects from that shot of Prolia. My hips hurt, as strange as that sounds. That can be a side effect, but I was doing well and thought I wouldn't have to deal with bone pain. Rick says it could also be from me starting to walk again, after not doing much at all since May. It's possible. All I know is, I hurt. I'll just keep working through it and, hopefully, it will go away soon.
Rick brought down another bunch of tomatoes. They're not ripe enough to do anything with them yet; I'm thinking by Thursday they should be ready.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Another hot and very humid day. Rick and Mollipop have a new game. After he's done emptying the dishwasher, he grabs 4-5 pieces of kibble. She comes out to the kitchen, he tosses a kibble, she chases after it, and gets a snack. She's gotten to where as soon as she thinks we're done with the dishes, she'll come out and wait. So I do it with her, too. This morning, both Tabby and Muffin decided to get in on the act. They don't realize that this is a Molli-thing. We managed, but it was a little tougher with three cats running around in the kitchen!
  • A load of kitty linens for the washer. Muffin can tell when the blankies in her buggy are fresh and when it's time for a good washing. Yesterday, she hopped in her buggy, took a sniff and then got back out. It's time for everything to be washed. She likes fresh blankies. I know how crazy that sounds, but it's the truth.
  • Work in the WeShed this afternoon. Vacuum, swiffer, etc. A good day to be in the AC.
And that's probably it. We're pushing really close to 90 pretty much all this week. Again. Blahhhhhh
Yes, he was better by the time we got home and the morphine wore off. He must have passed it while still at the hospital. This is his second in 3 months so I'm thinking he will get another one for sure. :lol: Better him than me although I do have to suffer through all his whining.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You have so much confidence in me! I am amazed at you!

We had a good show at the meeting; about 20 or more residents came! That was good.
It was a long meeting, only one in August. They did a couple of items first, then changed the order, so we could get out of there, FAST... The meeting ended at 10pm!!

We kind of got the run around, but... in the end, The Council voted to ask the Traffic Commission to change the bylaw to exempt our building from the parking variance which does not allow us to get visitor passes.

At first, the Council President deemed it go to the Traffic Committee to decide! We were all LIVID and started yelling! He called for order! I literally ran up to the podium, raised my hand and would not leave until I spoke my mind. When I told them we were already at the Traffic Commission and they turfed us to the Council, a couple of councilors shook their heads in disbelief! I also added that we started with the Mayor, then the local councilor--who would not support us, the traffic commission--who told us to go before the council. I said we have been getting the 'run around' since May. Many councilors just shook their heads.
One of them, who is fighting for us, had to turn his back because he was going to blow up.. He had another councilor talk with a member of the Traffic Commission, via text. This member, told he to suggest an exemption to a specific by-law for our building since we are unique, in the City!

The Chief of Police, member of the TC, also spoke in FAVOR of us!!! So, it goes before the next Traffic Commission meeting, for an exemption....All the councilors ended up voting in our favor!

So we all celebrated!! We won on our quest!!! We were like a bunch of kids!
I was told the large number of us there, plus the personal stories, impact on us, and the uniqueness of the building; all helped... along with the support of the Police Chief!!!

I was hugging some of them!! and thanked them all. I got a couple of Councilors upset/mad at me when I challenged them... I do not care...

Several councilors thanked me for bringing this to their attention. They said that unless people contact them of things, they are not aware of issues.. and they want to help...
It IS an election Year, I might add...

For me, I stuttered and stammered, at first, with my arms waving. Then I caught a glimpse of me on the TV monitor, and stopped waving my arms. I started looking towards the supporting councilors, to calm me...
People said I did good. My friend, whom I have known for many years, could tell I was floundering and frenzied. She added it was only because she knows me so well....

I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders...
The councilor at large will keep me posted of further details!!

whew..... never knew I could do this...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How was meeting?
klunick klunick How is hubby?
Winchester Winchester The pie looks amazing!! How are your hips?

I am hanging in but it's getting old. I washed my heavy, fluffy bathroom rugs. They look really good as they are an off white
color. I use bleach when I wash them.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You have so much confidence in me! I am amazed at you!

We had a good show at the meeting; about 20 or more residents came! That was good.
It was a long meeting, only one in August. They did a couple of items first, then changed the order, so we could get out of there, FAST... The meeting ended at 10pm!!

We kind of got the run around, but... in the end, The Council voted to ask the Traffic Commission to change the bylaw to exempt our building from the parking variance which does not allow us to get visitor passes.

At first, the Council President deemed it go to the Traffic Committee to decide! We were all LIVID and started yelling! He called for order! I literally ran up to the podium, raised my hand and would not leave until I spoke my mind. When I told them we were already at the Traffic Commission and they turfed us to the Council, a couple of councilors shook their heads in disbelief! I also added that we started with the Mayor, then the local councilor--who would not support us, the traffic commission--who told us to go before the council. I said we have been getting the 'run around' since May. Many councilors just shook their heads.
One of them, who is fighting for us, had to turn his back because he was going to blow up.. He had another councilor talk with a member of the Traffic Commission, via text. This member, told he to suggest an exemption to a specific by-law for our building since we are unique, in the City!

The Chief of Police, member of the TC, also spoke in FAVOR of us!!! So, it goes before the next Traffic Commission meeting, for an exemption....All the councilors ended up voting in our favor!

So we all celebrated!! We won on our quest!!! We were like a bunch of kids!
I was told the large number of us there, plus the personal stories, impact on us, and the uniqueness of the building; all helped... along with the support of the Police Chief!!!

I was hugging some of them!! and thanked them all. I got a couple of Councilors upset/mad at me when I challenged them... I do not care...

Several councilors thanked me for bringing this to their attention. They said that unless people contact them of things, they are not aware of issues.. and they want to help...
It IS an election Year, I might add...

For me, I stuttered and stammered, at first, with my arms waving. Then I caught a glimpse of me on the TV monitor, and stopped waving my arms. I started looking towards the supporting councilors, to calm me...
People said I did good. My friend, whom I have known for many years, could tell I was floundering and frenzied. She added it was only because she knows me so well....

I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders...
The councilor at large will keep me posted of further details!!

whew..... never knew I could do this...
Yay, Cindy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.