Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing to lose if you email or phone the Dreft manufacturer and ask what coupons or samples they have as you really like their product but it is costly for you.
Thanks!! I never thought of doing that. :hugs:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester This sounds like a serious situation. I am so glad Rick called the police. This guy is harassing and threatening Rick and now you.

I hope Rick does not tempt him by walking past his house. In this climate, I would not chance it.. now that the cop has spoken to him, he may be a loose canon, with one wire lit.... I would avoid him, like Covid..
If Rick does walk by him, I hope he can manage to record the threats... on his phone.. Evidence. but somehow secretively. You do not want to set him off. I do not trust him. The cop may have put him over the edge.. you just do not know anymore.. people are no longer reasonable.
(((hugs)))
~~~
Yesterday was a crazy day...

Got up, ran the faucets because the water was shut off for valve repair. So much rust coming through!
Discovered the tub drain was very slow. The tub almost overflowed; so I stopped running the water, leaving the rust on the tub for evidence.
I had to put in a service call.. My kitchen faucet strainer got so clogged from all the rust!! unbelievable! It would not run. I said to myself, no problem, take the filter off, wiped it down, and it will be good to go... Wrong. It was put on so tight... It took me a while to get it off.. All this time, Geoffrey is crying for playtime!! omg..

Finally took the filter head off.. could not get the screen off... ugh. Eventually, I managed to get the filter off from the opposite side, by folding it.. Cleaned it out, gently put the filter back on; fingers crossed, it would stay in place. It did.
Still did not trust it for washing dishes... Could not take a shower, because of the tub!! UGH..

Needed to go out to get something for this weekend. I wanted cold cuts for sandwiches.. Now had to go to Home Depot for another faucet head... Then back home for a director's zoom meeting at 1 pm.. and have maintence come in when I came home, to snake the drain!!

I felt like a grub--cowlicks and all.. I went out.. accomplished all errands. Put new faucet head on.. felt so much better, and I got another Brita pitcher. I am drinking a ton of water and my humidifiers are using filtered water.. cannot find any distilled water at the grocery store..

Still no shower--grubby feeling.. During Zoom meeting one guy came in to snake the tub.. I had to scrub it before showering.. meeting still going on.. Another guy came in a few minutes after the first one left, checking my faucets. He asked me to keep them running for 10 minutes. I said I had already done so.. He said that not many people are running the water... they are disregarding orders.. So he has to go to almost every apartment, to make sure it is run.. He knows I will do what I am told. He said there is a ton of air in the lines because people are not running the water.. He asked me to run it for as long as I could stand it.. I said ok--how long? He said 10 minutes. I let them run for 15 minutes..

Went back to listening to Meeting... Then the phone calls began!! to explain the meeting to them!! OMG, I did not even hear 1/3 of the meeting..
Finally, at 3:30pm, I got to take my shower!! threw the clothes I was was wearing directly in the hamper.. gross....
~~
Today, nothing much planned as yesterday was so crazy and the week was so stressful.. I may just do regular stuff.. slowly...
Strip bed...
Cuddle with Geoffrey... he physically missed our cuddling the last few days... sweet boy...and play with him a bit more..
throw some more trash out..
Read newspaper...
Stop watching news.. I need a break from it.. play some music.. and see...

Love to all..
let us get through this stressful time with thanks for what we have... and pray for those who do not...
stay safe...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean bathrooms

Do as many loads of laundry as I can

Change bedding

Switch wet cat food drawer with the spice drawer

Pick up dinner

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
write a few more letters later to catch up
get caught up online again
and eat some frito pie with the hubby :redheartpump:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do more laundry

Vacuum and dust

Pick up new dresser for son

Pick up new Xbox One controller for other son

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on today. The Christmas tree is still up in the living room. And we still turn it on. *sigh*
Rick just left for his walk. I'm more than a little nervous and kept telling him, "Say nothing! Say nothing!". He promised me, but he can be a hothead. First time he's been for a walk since the cops were here. artiemom artiemom He did have his phone on and ready to video, if necessary.
artiemom artiemom I'm glad your water situation is OK. Glad you were able to get a shower.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. After breakfast, Molli always comes right back to the bedroom and scritches on the door for me to let her in. She bathed, then we cuddled until 8:30, when Muffin came back to let me know it was time for their after-breakfast breakfast.
  • Working on the first of two loads of laundry. There wasn't enough laundry to really do on Friday and now Rick needs a good pair of jeans for bowling.
  • While he is bowling this afternoon, I'm going out to watch the X-Files. Finally on Season 11! It's been a strange trip and I found that I really didn't remember some of the episodes.
  • Oh! I found the red tablecloth with the white snowflakes. It was in the tote in the basement, buried at the very bottom. But I had washed it; I swear. And you could smell that I had washed it. And the other day, I had taken every single thing out of that tote, shook it out, folded it up and put it all away again. Took it out, washed it again, and threw it on the table. I asked Dear Richard if he was trying to make me think I was crazy and he swore up and down that he did nothing.
I got my issue of Cook's Country and there's an interesting recipe in there for Brownie Cookies. These are baked in cupcake tins, then you put use a shot glass (or something) to put a hole in the cookie. Fill the hole with chocolate, peanut butter, or salted caramel ganache. A sprinkle of sea salt and they're done. Darn it! The recipe caught Dear Richard's eye right away. Guess what I'm going to be making this week. Man, they do look good. And our holiday cookie supply is pretty much gone. I can probably share with my sister so we don't have them all.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. I'm sleepy.
When Rick went for his walk yesterday, everything was fine. I think the guy was probably at church.....did I mention that he is a pastor now?? Full of love and joy, according to his social media. Unbelievable.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I just came back from breaking up a fight between the M & Ms in the living room.
  • Clean the house. Stripped the bed down yesterday, but didn't wash the sheets. Will do them today. Sometimes I put fresh sheets on the bed; other times, I'll wait and launder the sheets and put them right back on. Yesterday, I put clean sheets on; I need to wash the dirty ones.
  • Rick has an appt with his dermatologist (a skin cancer check). While he's gone, I should be able to finish my X-Files binge. I think I have 3 episodes to go.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose How do you make Frito pie? Sounds good!
artiemom artiemom What a day you had on Saturday, groan
Winchester Winchester I bet guy got his license to be a minister online, ha!! those cookies sound heavenly

regular stuff

wash some blankets, pillow cases

make list for Kaylee

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 you heat up the chili ( with or without beans), add what ever fixings you like to it ( onion, cheese, sour cream) and pile a good heaping bunch of fritos in a bowl and then pour the chili over that

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
M mia , it was Wednesday night with the dog; Thursday for the crazy day; but, things turned out ok.. That is the main thing, I was able to handle it.. and things were ok in the end.. just confusing, crazy....

Winchester Winchester Yeah I guess a reverend in name only... certainly not a real one.. one of those who feels 'the call'.... ridiculous.. anyone can pretend to be one.. These are the type who incite people, into badness.. in the name of God.... ugh..

But glad there was no altercation.. still, I would ask Rick to walk in a different direction, for a while.. so as not to tempt him... too much has happened..

M mia , glad Kaylee is shopping for you... get something 'fun'!!

I have Been kind of loafing around a lot.. Spending a ton of time with Geoffrey. Since Covid is getting so rampant, and I have so much stuff in here.. I am limiting my shopping.. The weather is a bit too cool for me.. very windy.. The most I do is really go out to grab a coffee.. or a quick trip to a store.. in and out.. fast..

My group /batch testing came back negative. I am thinking everyone's did, since we did not get informed of another case. By State Law, we have to be informed if there is a positive in the building.

Today:
*regular morning stuff... late, again
*Clean tiny humidifier
*get mail
*perhaps tea or coffee at Starbucks.. just to get out...
*Cuddle and play with Geoffrey

Sitting on my butt a ton.. I have to watch the Christmas Episode of Call the Midwife.. the Last Episode of Bridgerton... and then begin the programs I recorded. I could start my winter project.. but I am in a very lazy mood... sigh..

I need to get into a busier routine at home..
Since I bought a few fleece lounging pj's... not to wear to bed, I am wearing them in the house. I go downstairs with them also.. Some people are asking me if they are PJ's.. I reply with: "No, these are lounging clothes.. Why bother getting dressed when I am staying in".. The new way of the world, Thanks to Covid...
They are pretty, so I do not mind.. I still feel as if I am getting dressed after a shower, but in such comfy clothes.. to lounge around in..

Geoffrey, his sneezing has stopped... Wonder if it was the Microban.. but I heard that so many people are using it.. I looked it up and it is well used in kennels and such. Wonder if that is the unscented version??

I really need to Swiffer Wash my floor, but I am afraid to use anything with scent.. I have the humidifiers running.. they are small, and probably not enough for the entire apartment, but I have no place for larger ones..
They are a real pain to keep clean.. Manufacturer suggests daily cleaning with vinegar solution; once a week descaling with bleach.. ugh..

I am doing an every other day vinegar clean, and refilling with water from the Brita. It said I could use filtered water.. so I am. I could not find any distilled water in the grocery store. I think people are using humidifiers and air purifiers, since they are in so much..

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 you heat up the chili ( with or without beans), add what ever fixings you like to it ( onion, cheese, sour cream) and pile a good heaping bunch of fritos in a bowl and then pour the chili over that
That sounds so good!!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I buy distilled water at Walmart. It costs 82 cents / gallon. There have been a couple of times when one store would be out but a Walmart in a different town would have it. So now I do a search inventory check on-line the evening before just to be sure it is in-stock before I head off. Won't mention how many units, just in-stock or not.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing a few jackets

list for Kaylee

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was boring... extremely lazy...
Today:
* regular stuff
*Have to buy a new Litter Genie. This one is 2 years old and it needs to be replaced.. I have been meaning to do it for a while, but have always forgotten to order one... now I need on.. so...
Hate to go out to store, but.......I would rather check it out before I buy something like this...
Besides, my car needs to be run, so this will help...
* nothing else...

This should take up my day... sigh.. it is so boring..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going on around here. Rick got up with the girls. Muffin awakened me right before 8:00 and then Rick came back and said that we had to take his truck to the dealership for a recall. He knew, but forgot, turned his phone off at the dermatologist yesterday when he got the reminder text, and never bothered to turn his phone back on. We could have done this last night. So I quickly dressed, started Clarence up, and followed Dear Richard to the garage. Back home now. But I did tell Rick that, from now on, he must give them our email address. I'm the one who checks email and I'd would have reminded him last night and it could have been done. This is not the first time this has happened.
  • I'm back here drinking my coffee. Muffin is back here with me and meowing. We'll be going out for a walk soon.
  • Nothing much going on today at all. We'll go back down to pick up the truck later on this afternoon.
  • I finished all 209 episodes of the X-Files. Started Lucifer on Netflix last night.
Did I mention that we're "kind of" starting to look around for a new vehicle? When we first started talking about it, Rick wanted to trade in both his truck and the Tucson in on a new truck. I was OK with that bc I still have Clarence and because we really don't go anywhere that often anymore. Now, he's starting to think that we should just keep the truck for hauling, etc. and get another car. We may start looking in the spring. He may change his mind again before spring and decide he wants a truck. But we're "kind of" looking around to see what's out there. I'm not really happy about it because we haven't had vehicle payments in forever and I really hate to go down that road again. Clarence is now 20 years old, his Toyota truck is 11 years old, and our Tucson is now 9. I did tell him that he can do what he wants, as long as I don't have to give up Clarence.....that's simply not going to happen.

And now, off for a walk!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Change filter in cat water fountain
Start grocery list for Friday

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

put a load of bedding in washer

make a list for Kaylee, I keep calling her Callie or Cal, ha!! She doesn't mind.

Concerned about what's going on , trying not to read news.

Status
Not open for further replies.