Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I brought in two of our three bird feeders today and cleaned them thoroughly. I’ll clean the third one tomorrow. We’ve had a bunch of bird deaths in our community recently, and the local Audubon Society is cautioning us about potential salmonella from contaminated feeders. Poor birdies.

I had a nice chat this morning with a volunteer who helps at our vision center. It’s available to residents who are vision impaired and has state-of-the-art technology. I’m writing an article for our newsletter about what’s available. They also have equipment that people can use in their homes.

Must. Stop. Compulsively. Eating. Cheez-its.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Do a load of laundry
Make out grocery list for tomorrow
Remind husband to take his Trulicity

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory I hear you about the Cheez-its!

Well, after finally dropping off to sleep a little after 4:00 this morning, Amber started yelling at 5:00. I got up with the girls at 6:00. I'm tired, really tired. Too much happened yesterday. Tried to sleep and just couldn't. A nap might be due this afternoon. All I do is yawn.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Rick is bowling this morning. We had taken my car into the garage for inspection on Tuesday night. They called yesterday to say the car passed inspection and was good to go. We decided to pick it up this morning on Rick's way in to bowl. He can bowl and I'll drive the car home.
  • A quick vacuum about the house and that's pretty much it
  • Start working on a grocery list. We'll probably run for groceries in the next two weeks at some point. It used to be that we went for groceries when the cat food supply started running low, but I started buying cases from Chewy again and an order should be delivered today sometime. I buy four cases at a time.
Have I mentioned that I'm really tired this morning?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I did regular stuff, organized last years paperwork.. now, need to find a place to store them.. Space is a minimum... Was Glued to TV, phone, Cell--texting, and Twitter for updates... Up late, watching..

Today:
*Up early--stayed in bed far too long..
*Abbreviated play session with Geoffrey
*Fast cup of coffee
*Out to Grocery store, and back by 7:15am
*Breakfast, 2nd cup of coffee
*shower, put groceries away
*Covid Test at 9am
*finish up morning stuff.......
*Crash

They are working on the water pipes tonight.. from 7pm-1am... ugh... I use the toilet a lot between 7-11pm... need to flush... have to save some water.... ugh....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The procedure was delayed from 12:30 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. but they agreed to discharge Himself 6 hours later. So I picked him up at hospital at 9:00 p.m. and we got home at 10:00 p.m. All went well.

Hospital sent me away when he was taken to his room to prepare for the procedure. I got a motel room rather than drive 40 miles home, 40 miles back, 40 miles home again.

Did some crocheting. Didn't like the way it looked so frogged it. Turned on TV just in time to watch the barbarian domestic terrorists vandalize the Capitol, chortling and enjoying themselves.

Ordered a panini with side salad from an Italian restaurant, which was delivered to my room. First food I have not cooked myself since end of June, which was the first in 2020.

My friend came and fed Domino and Mr Poe at midday. I called her and she came back in the evening. Of course when we got home both cats were claiming they were starving.

Today will, for us, be a quiet day.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
mail some soldiers some letters
put my care package for a lady soldier together and write her a letter
hopefully get some pen pal letters in the mail

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I hear you about the Cheez-its!
If there was ever a day for the obsessive, mindless eating of Cheez-its, it was yesterday. And at one point, I strongly considered getting the homemade caramel from the fridge and shoveling spoonfuls into my mouth. :headshake: Anyway, that was yesterday. Today...

I walked about one third of a mile but turned around and came home. There was a dense fog, which I love to walk in, but it was just below freezing and the streets and sidewalks were slippery. After a couple of “whoops!” I decided that it would be better to avoid broken bones.

We made a quick run to Costco. I was surprised to see that they were allowing employees to use face shields instead of masks. I saw two plus two shoppers wearing face shields. We were in and out quickly and stayed far away from those virus-carriers-in-waiting.

I have the interview this afternoon about the vision center, but I may grab a short nap after that. I didn’t sleep well last night. One of the cats snored part of the night, another decided it was a good time for a very slurpy bath while she was curled up next to my head, and the third came in at least twice and maybe more to update me on various happenings. (“I just peed, Mom!” “Mom, I brought you my blankie!” “I need cuddles, Mom. Do you still love me?”)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Make my appt to get Covid vaccine
Go to the grocery store
Clean litter boxes
Do a load of laundry
Pick up dinner

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night they shut the water off from 7pm-1am.. ugh.. They had to do some water pipe maintenance.. these pipes are original... 41 almost 42 years old, are are always breaking...

I did not mind that... just an inconvenience.. but I had to watch my water intake!!! and pray that I did not have to use the BR!!! at least not for much... getting a system to this...

I found a dog outside my apartment around 6pm.. I was brushing my teeth, heard something scratching at the outside wall. Then barking.. not my next door neighbors dog bark, but a deeper one.. I looked out and a sweet dog was scratching at her door... I told it to go home.. kept looking at her door.. It was not her dog.. She was inside, napping..

I called maintence.. They came up for it.. poor thing... lost.. or purposefully let out of the apartment and got lost...sweet thing...
~~~~~~~~
Today:
*Got up, ran water through faucets, flushed toilet several times...all rust.. ugh
So much rust that it clogged up my faucet filter!!! OMG... it is a spray filter, which I bought myself..
I cannot take it apart to rinse it out.. Phon put it on too tight for me. You can see all the rust in the filter... ugh.. water is spraying out the sides of it.. so no washing dishes... ugh
* Regular morning stuff
*Getting cold cuts for weekend
*Have to go to Home Depot for another spray head... for kitchen faucet. I think I will pick up 2 while I am there..

Nothing else planned..
** Still need to call Comcast to fight with my bill.. ugh.....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. Molli and lounged until 9:00. I was awake, but didn't feel like dealing with life. We finally dragged our sorry (well, hers is furry) butts out of bed. Rick and I had a chat about the results of Wednesday's terroristic attack and now I'm back here with my coffee. Muffin is meowing at me; I'm going to have to take her for a walk soon.
  • Take Muffin out for a few minutes
  • I have two loads of laundry today
  • A good vacuuming and swiffer throughout the house
  • Start Season 10 of the X-Files tonight

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not something that we usually deal with. Himself had a rather messy nose bleed yesterday evening that he finally got stopped. I think it might be due to the massive dose of Plavix plus aspirin that he was given right after the stent procedure on Wednesday. He called the cardiologist's office and had a lengthy conversation with someone there about the meds he is on. No re-occurrence so far today.

Need to fold laundry in the dryer that's been awaiting my attention for a couple of days. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

Dishwasher is running. Will need to put things away after it is done.

Should bake apple cider muffins this afternoon. Perhaps I'll go stare at the recipe and try to feel inspired.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I called in a prescription refill this morning, and thank goodness I planned ahead and did it today. It won’t be ready until Tuesday at 6 p.m.! My current prescription will last until Wednesday. I’ve noticed that the pharmacy seems extremely busy these days.

I visited the vision center this afternoon to see what the technology is like for those with vision impairment. There’s a machine that scans the page and then reads the text to you. They don’t loan that one out; you have to use it there. But it’s very cool. Then they have about 20 machines that they loan out that magnify the text. You can also change the background color and the brightness. And it’s super compact, lightweight, and folds when you’re not using it. There are other devices as well, but these are the most widely used. Some of the equipment is more complicated and people are too intimidated to use it.

I made cat food this afternoon. I was surprised that the carnivores didn’t show up to supervise, but the sun is shining and they must be sun drunk. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Happy to hear that Himself is ok :hugs:
Tobermory Tobermory The vision center sounds amazing!
Winchester Winchester Is season 10 the final XFiles season?

regular stuff

doing a bit of laundry; washing a new throw. It has that pesticide or disinfectant odor that
I smell on all new fabrics. I've been noticing my skin itches much less or not at all. if I use Dreft
on all clothing but it's pricey. I've tried most of the free and clear brands but they're not effective.

I hope they can locate the the domestic terrorists, white power monsters and put them behind bars
for life. I'm going to read some articles about the subject.

Cal and I will snuggle

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 No, There's season 11 yet. Season 10 has 6 episodes; Season 11 has 10. Then I'm done. Bob gave us a bunch of movies to watch and said no worries about returning them. I'm going to watch The VVitch. Then I'm going to Netflix to watch Lucifer.

Had an interesting afternoon yesterday. Several months ago, Rick was out walking and somebody's dogs came out after him. He was worried about the dogs getting hit, so he stopped and said something to the guy. And got lambasted. Every time he walks by that house now, the guy gives him a rough time for walking by his house. On a public road. This has been on for months. Rick can be a hothead, too, and he was giving it right back at the guy. Well, last week, the dogs came out on the road and almost got hit. There was a car coming and the guy had to slam on his brakes to avoid the dogs. The owner was outside and gave Rick all kinds of flak about walking past his house. (We don't have a lot of places to walk here. And all of the roads are public.) We've been walking down here now for years. Years! I don't walk outside much anymore, ever since I got hit. But Rick still continues.

Anyway, yesterday, Rick was walking past and the dogs were out. But they didn't go to him; they stayed in the yard. The guy was upstairs in the house and put the window up, just so he could yell at Rick. He told him he has no right to walk past his house, he knows where Rick lives, and then he mentioned me.....by name. He also told him he was going to come out and kick his ***. Rick stopped, turned around, and said, "Here I am. Do your best." And stood there. And, of course, the guy never came outside. Rick has been dealing with this almost every day for months now. He does take different walking routes, but almost every time he walks by that house, the guy yells and yells. And one day, when Rick was walking, a car was driving down the road, sped up, and swerved over to where Rick was. He can't prove it, but he thinks it was him.

Anyway, he got home and he was really angry. I had no idea who this guy was and the fact that, not only did he seem to know me, he said he knew where we lived. Rick called the police. He said enough was enough and he had had it. With the way things are in the world today, there's a lot of stress and hatred. He felt he had to tell somebody, at least to have a paper trail. Police came, took Rick's statement, told Rick that, of course!, he can walk by the house....it's a public road! Then he said he was going out to the guy to talk to him, tell him that anybody can walk past his house. And that was that. I don't know what's going to happen at this point. Rick promised me that he would not say anything to the guy anymore; evidently the guy is a loose cannon. He was concerned that the guy mentioned me by name and said that he knew where we lived.

Well, I did some digging (bless the internet), found out the guy's name, and it turns out that I do know him....from about 35 years ago! It took me forever to figure it out. But he worked in a place that I also worked. We used to talk every once in a while, maybe for about 5 minutes, just "Hi, how are you today?" kind of stuff. He was a milquetoast kind of guy, very nice, very polite, always a smile. What must have happened in his life to turn him into a bitter man had to have been bad. Rick is going to continue walking. We'll see what happens.

So today. My turn to get up with the girls this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, we didn't run the dishwasher last night, so I drank my coffee.
  • We might take the tree down today. That will be a long job. It always takes us a while to get the ornaments off and packed away again. And then, get all the furniture moved back around in the living room.
  • I need to run Clarence to the gas station and then for a ride. He needs to be driven. I need to hear some music!

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester Wowza Pa, that is scary!! What a jerk!!!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am so sorry that even a walk around the neighborhood had become a contentious matter. Perhaps the police telling the man to dial it back will be effective. I hate to think of you at home, worrying for his safety when Rick goes for a walk. These are crazy, crazy times.

Mia6 Mia6 Nothing to lose if you email or phone the Dreft manufacturer and ask what coupons or samples they have as you really like their product but it is costly for you.

Never did bake the muffins. He had a toasted onion bagel instead. And the laundry in the dryer is still waiting my attention. But I did run the dishwasher and unload it yesterday.

The pre-filled thistle sock feeder is a waste of money. Goldfinches have a difficult time getting the seed. I did poke some larger holes and they began using it, but not very enthusiastically. And every time it rained it got wet. We ordered a column thistle feeder from Tractor Supply for contact-free pickup at our local store. It came in on Thursday. Friday, I saw one bird on it. Today, Saturday, I saw three goldfinches on it. Simultaneously. It is in the same location as the sock feeder so that helped but apparently it is much preferred.

I made black lentils for dinner yesterday. One and a half packages still in the cupboard. I would buy them at the Asian market about an hour from here when a friend and I would make an outing of it. Don't know if I want to go back to that store at this time. Looked online and what keeps coming up are organic black lentils at six times the price. Guess I'll go back to the little French Lentilles du Puy. But I do like the little black Beluga lentils. And they are a Goya product too, nothing crazy exotic. O.K. Rant over.

Cat in my lap, coffee finished, time to get myself in gear and see what the day brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.