Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Windy, but sunny. Molli asked me to open the windows back here, so I opened one. She was having such a good time, sniffing and smelling the air. Chattering at the birds. She loves the open windows as much as I do. We are to get showers on and off today. Makes the grass grow!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and enjoyed my coffee. I think the time change still has Muffin confused; I actually managed to finish my coffee. She's sitting in the open window back here now. Molli went to bed.
  • Working on two, possibly three, loads of laundry this morning.
  • Must water the plants in the WeShed today.
  • We were supposed to get our pavers from Lowes yesterday, but they never showed up. I'll wait until noon today and give them a call, if necessary. We'd like to get the path installed this weekend.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How's the headache, Pam?

regular stuff

had 2 pieces of Dave's Killer 21 grains and seeds thin-sliced bread, amazing!!

will take it easy today, the back and forth weather wreaks havoc on my pain levels
and allergies are bad. Supposed to be in the 60s today wih sun! If it's warm enough
I'll read on the deck.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 There's not even a twinge, for the first time all week. This one was bad. Again. Not bad, pain-wise, although it really hurt, but bad in that it lasted pretty much all week. A couple days, I just said the heck with it and went to bed. Just long enough to get the edge off, then got back up. Thank you. (Tried to talk to my doctor about them last week. "Oh, we need to do tests! Maybe some blood work! How about a sleep test?" How about NO?!)
artiemom artiemom Thinking of you. :hugs:

It's a beautiful sunny morning. Just a bit of breeze. So nice to see and have the windows open before the rain comes back on Sunday.

Yesterday Dear Richard tore up the floor in the foyer. And I mean he tore it up, subfloor and all. It actually smelled smoky in here bc of the saw, to the point where the smoke alarm went off from the fog. I had windows open and the fans were running as was the stove fan. I swear I could have smoked chicken in the foyer yesterday. And the smoke is still there this morning. And he's not done. Oy (And in all that mess and smoke from the saw, I did not get even a twinge of a headache. Go figure.)
  • Took Muffin for her walk and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Change bed sheets and do a load of laundry.
  • I want to make homemade vanilla pudding for dessert tonight, must check to see if we have enough milk.
  • Start season 7 of Bones at some point.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
"Oh, we need to do tests! Maybe some blood work! How about a sleep test?" How about NO?!)
tee, hee I still think you should come to CC once the 2 weeks is up. All they can say is
we cannot help you but I'm sure they can. Great restaurants, museums in that area.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

dishes, wash some smalls in Dreft

Rest and try to read. We're supposed to have rain all day with temps dropping to the 30!! Cal was out for a bit
but came in when she got too wet. Had 2 pieces of Dave's Killer bread. yum

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester thanks for the good thoughts..

I have had a nagging headache for 2 full days and nights.. Even in bed! and I have been feeling weak, dizzy...
My last blood test showed the sodium level was normal. I am staying with the 2 salt pills per day.
I ahve been napping daily. Geoffrey reminds me to do so, every afternoon.. I doze/sleep/cuddle for a couple of hours..

*today, it was torture, but I managed to go to 8am Palm Sunday Mass. It was an effort. The regulars kept asking me how I was doing.. it showed on my face.. even with the KN95 mask. It was exhausting..
* did not do any vacuuming yesterday.. I doubt if I will today..
* have to wash morning dishes..
*write out a few thank you cards, and deliver them...
*Then lie down

Still getting so SOB, tired, no energy.. I would think that a week out of the hospital, I would be greatly improved.. but I am not...

I do kind of feel better, after mass.. I came home and had some decaf coffee, and a couple slices of Challah bread with Peanut butter.. Peanut Butter is not on my diet, but it was so good. I never buy the Challah bread; but, on Friday, I ran into the woman bringing the tray into the building's store. They were falling off the tray. I helped her in... The bread was still very warm.. it was enticing! so I bought a loaf.. been eating it like a pig, since Friday...

*For supper will be some chicken and a salad.. I did cheat and pick up some pre-cooked chicken balsamic marinated chicken breasts, from Trader Joes....

I am going to sit back and watch the Jetsons, in a bit... Right now the Flintstones are on MeTV....
Savage amusement.. reliving childhood....

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm sorry you are still struggling. Have you told doc? I adore challah bread and I haven't had it in a long time.
I haven't been able to attend Mass for quite awhile I'm happy you felt belter afterwards. Don't fret about the cleaning, etc.
I think you're eligible for an aide. Does that appeal to you?

regular stuff

washed some jackets and hats I got from Marion's Closet, the free store. I had clothing and boots for them as well.

Grocery shopping for Kaylee if she comes in. She forgot to get 3 things on the list when she shopped on Friday and
I was fuming. I didn't realize it till Saturday. I called her,,told her I wanted her to bring them to me right then. She kept
saying I'm in Columbus, Ohio. She kept repeating it and I finally yelled and I rarely yell, I KNOW WHERE %&)(#$%
Columbus is!!!
So shopping, library pickup, and rubbish night.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
M mia ... No, I am not eligible for an aide.. I am still capable fo being independent..
Just slowly regaining my strength..
I honestly felt almost like 'myself' yesterday afternoon. It felt good..

This morning woke up with a mild headache. Going to ask doctor about it..
I am going to call office this morning..
She is off on Mondays. I hope she can be reached.. So hard when you have a young female doctor with 2 small children... I really think all of the 5 doctors in the practice are working part time; due to Covid...

Yesterday, I did not have the chicken with salad.. Instead, I made a TJ frozen meal. I had to use it... I bought it last fall. It was meh.. Spaghetti squash with a few butternut squash pieces, in a tomato sauce with some grated cheese ... Too much sodium for me.. Today I will be good.
I ate too much yesterday..

*have to run downstairs, to drop off something in the mailbox.. before Mailman comes in.
*wash dishes, make bed...
*a very fast vacuum too much litter around here.
* See how the day goes for me...
*have to call laundry for pickup, tomorrow..
*get laundry together. I am sending out some things I usually wash.. because I do not feel like running up and down to the laundry room... too much effort.
*** super is from the building. It is Passover, so they have put together a bit of a different menu. Tonight is salmon in a dill sauce.. We'll see how that is... overcooked dry salmon..

Take the rest of the day, one step at a time.. I ahve so much I have to do... Really vacuum, litter all over rugs.. dam.. have just been quill, and not much vacuuming of bathroom and kitchen.. have to do a better job..
I have to really do a dump and good clean up of the litter box.. and then scrub the tub..
I have to put my new printer together.. I need it for recertification, .... copies of so many items.. and things to look up...
Go through paperwork for recertification.. a 2-3 day project..

Just taking it easy.. very very windy here.. many power failure in Massachusetts, due to wind.. and downed trees, and lines..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom :hugs: One day at a time. Do what you can do. Let the rest go. It'll be OK. I'm sorry about the headache. Definitely talk to your doctor. Love Challah!
Mia6 Mia6 I would be beyond frustrated with Kaylee by now!

Not much going on today. It is very windy outside and just nasty. I think we're around 40F right now. Not much in the way of sun either. It comes out; it goes back behind clouds. Just bleah....I am so tired of the blasted wind. March is supposed to go out like a lamb!
  • Took Miss Muffin out for her walk. I know, I know, it's really windy outside, but you can't argue with a cat! Well, you can, but you won't win the argument. I wrapped her in the blankie, we went out, and her ears immediately flattened. She was not amused. We did a quick walk around the house and she watched the birds. But that was it. I felt her shivering, so we came inside. She's napping in her stroller. (I don't know who the people are, but there are people who drive up and down the road in front of our house. They always blow the horn and wave when we're outside. I think I've gotten "Crazy Cat Lady" status in the neighborhood! I just smile and wave and we go about our merry way.)
  • Three loads of laundry today. Rick has a doctor appointment. He's also going to call the nursing home to make an appt to visit with his mom. The home is now allowing visits inside and, since we've been vaccinated, we're allowed to actually meet with her. For the first time in well over a year! She called last night about hot cross buns, so I'll make them first thing tomorrow morning, if I don't get them done today. She's going through her Kindle books now, too, since she's got the headphones; she gets all five library audiobooks "read" in a week. Best thing ever for her. Instead of struggling to read and getting very frustrated, she plugs in the headphones, flops back in her chair, puts her feet up, and zones out for a while. She says it's actually very relaxing.
  • I need to go out to the WeShed and put the violets back up in the transom window above the door. I took them down the other day to water them. My umbrella tree is pushing out all kinds of new growth again. I saw four new shoots in the last two weeks. And the prayer plant at the bottom of the umbrella tree is also pushing new shoots.
Started watching The Irregulars on Netflix. It's about a group of young people who are "helping" the drug-addicted Sherlock Holmes solve crime with a supernatural bent. I watched four episodes and pretty much slept through the fourth. And that's enough. It's very slow and boring. Not impressed at all. Going back to Bones.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning; I had a very restless night last night. Last time I looked at the clock, it was going on 3:00. All I did was toss and turn all night.

Rick has not called the nursing home yet to make a visitation appt, so I haven't made the hot cross buns yet. I want them fresh for his mom.

We're going to see our Grands on Friday, for the first time in over a year. My DGD texted me the other day, "Grandma, would you be interested in making sticky buns with me when you come down? I can't get the hang of making them. And you and I haven't made them in forever!" Well, of course! She's got her favorite cookie, Chocolate Crinkles, down pat. Although the Grands call them Grandma's cookies. :redheartpump: Rick was texting with our DGS a couple weeks ago and he said that his sister was making Grandma's cookies. Both Grands love those cookies; it's definitely a favorite with them. Anyway, sticky buns. I'll get everything together and take it all down with me. (The last time my DGD and I tried to make something, our son said, "Oh don't worry about bringing ingredients down! I'll take care of everything!" Mmm-hmmm. Got there and he asked, "Gee, Mom, can we make cookies with olive oil? It's all we have." And DGD and I had to hit the grocery store! So now, I take everything with me, even my pans. And rolling pins. And foil. I take it all.)

But that leads to a bit of a dilemma: We're going to see Rick's mom at some point and we're actually able to be inside with her, with no isolation. And then we're going down to the Grands. We've both been vaccinated as has been Rick's mother. But what if we drag something down to the kids? Or, if we wait and see the kids first, do we drag something back to Rick's mom? I feel like we can't win!
  • Breakfast for the girls, didn't run the dishwasher last night, and am sitting back here with my coffee. And freezing to death. I turned the heat off in the house when we had that warm snap. And now it's colder. Brrrrrr
  • We're going to hit the grocery store for a few things for our Easter dinner.
  • Call for a hair appt. Last time I was in the salon (October, I think), she cut a good 3-4 inches off my hair. Well, it's way down past my shoulders again, so time for another 3-4 inches to be taken off. I've been wanting to get it cut and re-layered, but just haven't called.
I read that Netflix will release the second half of season 5 of Lucifer at the end of May. Finally! And then go into Season 6, which will be the final, final, final season of the show. I love Lucifer. Tom Ellis just rocks it. And I also read that Diana Gabaldon is finally finished with Go and Tell the Bees That I Am Gone, book nine of the Outlander series. Finally! That has been a very long time coming. No date set yet for publication. *long, drawn-out heavy sigh* She has promised that nothing happens to Jamie; she has not said that nothing happens to Claire.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How are you? Glad you are feeling better
Winchester Winchester Poor Muffin, shivering, darling girl!! You've got a busy weekend coming up. Cute text from dgd.

regular stuff

relax from after Pain Clinic appt. yesterday

Kaylee emailed and called this morning telling me she wouldn't be in because one of her aunts died. People who know
me well should know to have all the facts, etc in order because I know when I'm being lied to. Saying you've been at
the hospital all night but not knowing which hospital??? I was born at night not NOT last night!!!

Will wash some hand-me-downs Julie gave me. Great ones from Old Navy, Banana Republic, The Gap. Polo. She takes
good care of her clothes so I always luck out/

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 slowly feeling better... taking it very slowly.. extremely slow...
I cannot believe it is Easter week... I feel as if I have lost the entire month of March...
Still cannot do much, without resting.. I still get dizzy.. but...
I did a lot yesterday... slowly, and resting in between.. Cuddling with Geoffrey.. sweet boy...
Nothing strenuous.. I cannot do strenuous, nor mind intensive... not there yet..

Last weekly Covid testing is today. After today, it will be monthly... I have kind of a 'jinx' mentality of not getting it down.. It may be overkill but...
Have to get going.. and at least shower before I go down. It ends at 10:30am.. I am usually one of the first ones down.. but not today...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 :hugs: I hope you will feel better soon after your appt at the Pain Clinic.
artiemom artiemom :hugs: You're in my thoughts, my friend.

We decided not to visit Rick's mother until next week bc we're visiting with the Grands on Friday. Why? Well, the nursing home is still accepting Covid patients to stay until they're better. It really :fuming: me off bc they're more interested in making money than they are in keeping their clients safe. Both Rick and I are fully vaccinated, as is Rick's mom, but we still don't know what we might be dragging down to the Grands. So we'll see the Grands on Friday and visit with Rick's mom early next week. Rick's sister is getting the Kindle today, Rick will pick that up at his sister's on Saturday and I'll have it cleaned and loaded with new audio books for her for our visit. She's not amused and I knew she'd wouldn't be. I figure we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. She's really upset that she won't be getting hot cross buns before Easter. It is what it is. She will have them next week. I always make sure she has what she wants, just not exactly when she wants it. :paperbag: I know, you would think I'd be better at this stuff since I retired, but I'm really not.

Snow tomorrow! A covering to 2 inches for us, with as much as 4 inches along the northern tier. It won't last long, not with the temps we're having.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:30 or so, then Muffin decided it was time for us to be up and around. Got up, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, and Muffin and I went out for our walk. Rick is out walking now before the storm kicks in.
  • I need to scoop at some point.
  • And a bit of a vacuum about the house and I'm done. Not doing much of anything today. I've been doing a lot of reading this week. A lot of cozy mysteries, which seem to suit my tastes right now.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 slowly feeling better... taking it very slowly.. extremely slow...
I cannot believe it is Easter week... I feel as if I have lost the entire month of March...
Still cannot do much, without resting.. I still get dizzy.. but...
I did a lot yesterday... slowly, and resting in between.. Cuddling with Geoffrey.. sweet boy...
Nothing strenuous.. I cannot do strenuous, nor mind intensive... not there yet..

Last weekly Covid testing is today. After today, it will be monthly... I have kind of a 'jinx' mentality of not getting it down.. It may be overkill but...
Have to get going.. and at least shower before I go down. It ends at 10:30am.. I am usually one of the first ones down.. but not today...
Cindy,

Since I contracted RSD/CRPS, I've learned it's all about pacing oneself. There are times I just want to get things finished but I know that is not wise., so I do a bit here and there, cuddle with Big Cal, do a bit more. The days after a trip are more difficult so I take it nice and easy. When I used to have rides from a friend from church, it was so less painful. He had a Lexus, so comfortable. LIke riding on air with my own temp controls and heated, soft leather seats.He was my ride from 2001-2008. His wife had a stroke, was in rehab center, fell while making oatmeal, broke her femur and that was that. They fell into the category of having a lot of money but not enough to hire a full-time nurse or being in that plus rehab . Just the two months in rehab cost him 60K cash. They were both retired so he cares for her himself with help from their grown kids.I miss him as we both couldn't tolerate George W. Sorry got off on a tangent.ha!! Nicole and Larry have a Jeep Cherokee, not so comfortable. I shouldn't complain. my bad

Are you going to Easter Mass?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had an appointment with an allergist this morning at 7:45 to see why I’ve had this constant cough and post nasal drip (eeeuw) for the past year. I now have 50 teeny tiny holes in my back where they tested to see what, if anything, I might be allergic to. The result? Nothing. I’m not allergic to anything. Or rather it’s probably that everything I breathe slightly irritates my nasal passages. So it’s Advair, albuterol, and something called ipratroprium. And a saline nose wash and an air purifier for the bedroom. Oh joy. At least I’m not allergic to the cats!

Now it’s out for my usual walk. It’s supposed to be in the 70s today, and there’s not a cloud in the sky. It’s gorgeous with the flowering trees and daffodils and tulips everywhere. Although...there’s a cat on my lap and another curled against my leg. Must not disturb them! :)

We’re having dinner with another couple this evening. We’ve all been vaccinated, the servers will be masked, the tables are spaced more than six feet apart, and they’re allowing only a few diners in at a time. It will be nice to sit with people again. And there’s tiramisu on the menu. My life is complete! :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Congratulations! That is wonderful news for you! :redheartpump:
Tobermory Tobermory I hope they can find something that you're allergic to, so you can work on it. A constant cough is no fun. I hope you had fun at dinner. It's been a long, long time.

We awakened to a scant covering of white. Nothing big. And most of it is already gone.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, enjoyed my coffee
  • Getting ready to do one load of laundry
  • I will make my red beet pickled eggs this afternoon for Sunday Easter dinner. I love red beet eggs. Rick eats the eggs, but won't touch the beets. Took the ham out of the freezer this morning and it's in the fridge.
We started watching Grace and Frankie, a series on Netflix. Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen, and Sam Waterson. We're on season 2; I think there are six seasons. It's pretty good and it's something we can watch together. We don't often watch the same shows because we have different tastes, so it's nice to find something for both of us. Last night, we were both on the couch in the living room with Mollipop flopped across my lap and Muffin sprawled on Rick. Tabby was on the back of the couch and Miss Amber was between Rick and me. With a blanket over all of us. Cozy.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I took my time.. did not do much; still getting very SOB and dizzy at times.. bp was normal...

*regular morning stuff
*went to get mail,
*out to Fish store for some wild salmon and some clam cakes
*Gave a couple of clam cakes to my friend, who helped take care of Geoffrey while I was away
*tried to 'fix' her computer.. I really do not know what she does to it.. It is a Windows and I am accustomed to Apple products.. It is really messed up.. She never signs out of sites.. cannot remember her passwords, and when sites ask for a new password, she changes it, but never syncs because it is Windows to Apple... ugh.... It is so hard to figure out, and frustrating because her phone logs out after about 60 seconds of non use.. then I have to ask for her fingerprint, again... and again, and again... ugh..

I honestly do not know how she uses it ... I could not help her..
I showed her what I would do, but whomever set her up, does things so differently... I have no clue. She uses some kind of corner red delete on upper left hand side of window, to delete her email... She still has the right one, but what ever she did, the left one disappeared.. She does not know how to delete her mail without it... and when she logs on, she never logs out of her mail.. or any other app... like Uber... maddening.. She does not go through the 'proper' steps.. she just sometime of 'shortcut' easier way someone set up for her.... maddening...

I still do not have enough patience or stamina, to sit there for hours trying to figure it out.. I do not even know what operating version of Windows she has... and I am not adept at it...

Her iPhone, a 6, I think is messed up also.. She has the old fingerprint log on, which is a pain.. I advised her to use a numerical password.. much better, at least for me...
Ugh.. her iPhone and computer are not synced.. She does not have her passwords kept in Keychain or the Cloud... It is maddening..
Plus, I have not used an Windows product in 7 years!!!

Today:
* a slow regular morning stuff...
* out for some more blueberries...
*make supper... salmon filet, first time cooking one... with green beans and rice, I think... Have to look it up.... maybe a crazy bit of a sauce with it: lemon juice, some thyme.. do not have any dill, and a bit of my substitute butter.... I would like to add a bit of wine, but I have not had any alcohol since Ash Wednesday.. now I am not even feeling like drinking it.. maybe a bit of chicken broth. I have a 4 pack of tiny containers..
* have to make a couple of Happy Easter phone calls... no cards this year... did not get any.. forgot and was sick... oh well...

Does not feel like Easter... debating about attending Easter Sunday Mass... not sure.. do not want to feel guilty, but......

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Glad you're feeling better💖
Winchester Winchester Aww....cozy night with your loved ones💖
Tobermory Tobermory I hope you can get relief now. How was your dinner out?💖

regular stuff

going to wash some smalls in Dreft

Rest from PC trip. 24 degrees now, in the high 50s later???

Status
Not open for further replies.