Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Raining, pouring actually. Which is good, although a nice, steady rain would be better for the grass. It's supposed to rain pretty much all day. We'll take it.
Mia6 Mia6 Your neighbor sounds like quite the character. That's too bad about her son.
Oh skunk! Not squirrel! :lol: Big difference there, and not just in color!

Rick went into the farmers' market yesterday....and turned right around and came back out. No masks. Even his hot sausage sandwich wasn't worth it. Thankfully, he was double-masked.
I didn't go bc we were waiting for our order from Dakin Farm to arrive. It came about five minutes after Rick got back home. Packed very well in a styrofoam chest with plenty of chill packs. Can't wait to try the cheeses. I'm going to have to make breakfast, too, so we can try out the cob-smoked bacon. And we love maple syrup; you'll never find pancake syrup in our house. It's maple syrup all the way!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the house
  • Take the Kindle back up to Rick's mom
Our son called last night. We're going down to visit on Good Friday. We're hoping it will be warm enough that we can all hang out on their back porch. The porch is huge, with a lot of furniture, so if the weather holds, we should be good.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing a coat, make a list for Kaylee

Get ready for Pfizer vaccine appt.I couldn't find a ride so I have to take ride the insurance provides,
I received a text yesterday saying a Lyft driver would be coming but sometimes it's not Lyft but some
other company. Lyft and Uber usually have the most comfortable vehicles and hotter men hee, hee
One time a Lyft driver picked me up from an appt at the hospital, not the same driver who'd dropped me off.
I got a text saying Hi I'm Ben, gave his license plate number, blah, blah and I'm driving a black Jeep. I could
see all these people, both men and women staring a someone and yep, it was Ben, my driver!! He helped
me into the vehicle (spotless) put my rolator in the back and off we went. Just the nicest ,most pleasant driver
I've ever had and drop-dead gorgeous.Very, very chatty but who cares? We talked about the Cavs winning
the championship.Wonder if he still drives for Lyft?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Grocery store
Clean litter boxes
Laundry
Pick up dinner
Watch hockey game

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 How did you make out with your vaccine? You OK so far?

It's been a busy morning and early afternoon.
  • Grabbed my coffee and took Muffin for her walk. It was cold and the wind is really howling. It's nasty outside. Watered the plants in the WeShed, measured the foyer floor in the house for new tiles, walked the path from the WeShed to the driveway one more time to make sure of the number of pavers.
  • Went to: grocery store, Target, Lowes (spouting, pavers to be delivered next week, flower food for the violets and cacti, boards to finish up the raised bed in the garden, tiles for the foyer floor). We still have the original floor in the foyer from when the house was built back in 1985. Rick has FINALLY agreed to the change.
  • Came back home to get different masks and then took the Kindle up to Rick's mom, hit the butcher on the way back, and then hit the distributor for a case of Smirnoff Ice. We stopped at the cheesemaker for a small wheel of baby Swiss for our Reubens on Saturday night. We're home to stay now. I think that's the most running around that we've done in one day in a year!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
How did you make out with your vaccine? You OK so far?
I'm ok. The worst past was waiting over an hour for a ride home. It was sunny so I propped my pillow
behind my back on a chair and put my feet up but a bitter cold wind was making me very cold.

Those Reubens sound so good!! 🥪

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad you're doing Ok with the shot!

What kind of cheese did you get? I don't know how to post in this thread, but I had to ask about the cheese since I'm obsessed with it.
They are Cabot's cheeses from Vermont. I bought a cheddar sampler, a 4-pack of different cheddars: Extra-Sharp, Seriously Sharp, Mild, and Vermont Sharp. Two packages of Seriously Sharp cheese (it's really difficult to find a really, really, sharp cheddar around here), and a package of habanero cheddar. We also have a package of baby Swiss that I bought at our cheesemaker down the road from us yesterday. It's really good. I love cheese. We are fortunate to be able to diddy-bop down the road a little bit to buy some of the best baby Swiss you can find.
As for posting in this thread, just list three things you've either done for the day or will do. Easy! Of course, we've been talking about different things, too. :)
  • My turn to get up with the girls, gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. We're going to try our cob-smoked bacon today; I'm making breakfast for us. French toast with bacon and OJ.
  • While Rick is outside working on getting the boards on that raised bed up in the garden, I'm going to clean house. Vacuum, dust, wipe-down, all that good stuff. I'll need to scoop boxes, too.
  • I need to get back out to the WeShed; I was out yesterday to water and check on the plants, but I need to take water and flower food out and put them away. Need to replenish my cleaning supplies stash out there, too. And make the bed up. I think I'm going to sleep out there tonight.
Grandson broke his arm and dislocated his wrist. He plays basketball and it happened during a game. He's fine, other than being very disappointed. He plays drums and piano and now he can't do either until the arm heals.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
They are Cabot's cheeses from Vermont. I bought a cheddar sampler, a 4-pack of different cheddars: Extra-Sharp, Seriously Sharp, Mild, and Vermont Sharp. Two packages of Seriously Sharp cheese (it's really difficult to find a really, really, sharp cheddar around here), and a package of habanero cheddar.
If you order from them again, I highly recommend this pack -

Cabot Legacy Collection

The Alpine is our favorite.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I get Cabot's Vermont sharp cheddar from Walmart....so good!!! Once one of my helpers bought a
5 pound block of the Vermont Sharp and I was laughing so much when she pulled it out of the bag.

Winchester Winchester Pam, how were the Reubens? I've been craving one ever since

regular stuff

washing hats and smalls in Dreft

Just fed Connie, head of the Ginger Gang. Looks like someone has shaved the hair from the base
of his tail up to around 4-5 inches. I noticed it the other day but didn't approach . Just now while he was
eating, he let me pat him AND check out his tail!! He never let me pat him in the daylight ever!! There is
a cut about 4inches long. I think someone was treating him. The cut has a scab so it's healing. I wanted to
apply A&D ointment but it was in the bathroom and I like it to be warm and on a sterile piece of gauze, and
have my hands sanitized before I apply medication. If it had been bleeding badly I would have grabbled
him and try to apply pressure and sanitize. I'm going to post about him on NextDoor and see if anyone
knows him.

Going to be in the 60s!! Yesterday the humidity was only about 24% from about 1:00pm-4:00pm which is
sooooo unlike Ohio and it will be the same today for about 5 hours. Wonder what's going on? hmmm....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the heads-up, AbbysMom AbbysMom ! Will definitely check them out!
Mia6 Mia6 Those Reubens were wonderful! We had lots of corned beef left and Rick sliced it as thinly as he could. The sauerkraut was the last of our stash (that I've been guarding!) from my BIL, and we had thin slices of baby Swiss from our local cheesemaker. I cut thicker slices of my bread. And slathered the 1,000 Island dressing on. Buttered the outer sides of the bread and threw the sandwiches into a nonstick pan to brown and to melt the cheese a little bit. Yum! Instead of fries, I heated up the last of the colcannon. Poor Connie. I'm glad someone is treating him.

I slept in the WeShed last night. I really needed some decent sleep as Amber has been really a PITB with her screaming in the morning. It was my turn to stay in bed this morning, so Rick told me to hit the shed. And I did. I fell asleep around 11:00 or so and slept straight through until 5:00 (for the first time in months!), when my bladder awakened me. I had to go to the house, so I just went ahead and gave the girls their breakfast at that point, so they wouldn't wake Rick up. Went back out to the shed, crawled back under the covers....and woke up again at 10:00! I must have really needed the sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept that long. And I feel wonderful this morning. Rick said that, after I fed the cats and left the house, he fell back asleep and he never got up until 9:00. You don't realize how much a cat can disturb your sleep until you don't have to wake up and listen to her. And now I'll be good for a while again. Sometimes, it just gets to be too much. And it's so quiet out there. I'm really afraid of the dark, but, for some reason, I can drop right off in the shed. I don't know why. We have a motion detector light outside, but honestly, if that light came on last night, I didn't even notice. I shut all the blinds and crashed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, took Miss Muffin out for her walk, and am finishing up my coffee back here. Rick just came back from his walk. I'll have to scoop in a bit.
  • Not really much to do around the house as I did a lot of housework yesterday. I'll have to go out to the WeShed and put the couch back together and clean up out there.
  • Make a pan of bread pudding for dessert tonight. Rick could live on bread pudding, I swear.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I cooked ground bison for my cats! They loved it. I also chopped up veggies,added, 2 cans stewed tomatoes,tomatos, can diced ttomatoes, can broth,and 2 Bay leafs in my slow cooker. Easy recipe I made up and make a lot. Sometimes add chicken from another slow cooker. Will make cornbread tomorrow. And finally, elevate my foot

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
maggie101 maggie101 That sounds so good. What did you do to your foot?

Nothing much going on around here today. I was going to start spring cleaning today and do a room every day for the week, but that's not going to happen. Awakened with half a headache and just don't feel well. I may go back to bed. It feels like it's going to be a long day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • Take Muffin for her walk. There were so many birds in the trees yesterday during our walk that all she did was look. No chatter. We were outnumbered and she knew it!
  • I'll do a load of kitty stuff later on.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Better get a lead on the headache and just rest today. Maybe have an ice cold
,as you call it, High Octane Pepsi. Perhaps the caffeine will help .Yes it seems someone is
taking care of dear Connie's wound.

regular stuff

dried throws and put in some jammie bottoms and shirts

I told Kaylee not to come in today as I am very tired from the vaccine There as a a lot of drama again
with my neighbor and I thought I would have to check on her son but everything turned out ok.

Will hit 70 today!! with low humidity. I've read that most people are most comfortable with a temp of
72. something and a humidity of about 32%

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

wash camis and socks in Dreft

Kaylee will pick up stuff from the library, store, mop floors

More drama from my neighbor if a child were not involved I would just remove
myself from the situation but I think I must make a difficult choice.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I feel so sorry for that boy Mia6 Mia6 . You'll do what's right. I have faith.

Still have the headache. I baked some cookies yesterday, but other than that, I took it easy. I was in bed by 7:00 with no iPad and no TV. Just lying there.
  • Took Miss Muffin for her walk this morning (I wore sunglasses bc it's really sunny out) while making my coffee. She watched the birds and nosed around the dead oak leaves on the tree. Stretched her paw up to bring a branch down to her reach. She is sleeping now.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the house, nothing major.
  • Trash night tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let you know, that is if anyone was wondering. The reason why I have not been posting, is because I hsve not been feeling well.. ended up in the hospital. I am home now, but still not up to posting.. I will be reading... as usual...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so sorry for that boy Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 . You'll do what's right. I have faith.
I made the right choice.
artiemom artiemom Good to see you. Rest and cuddle with sweet Geoffrey :hugs: :cheerleader:

regular stuff

washed darks

Cal and her sweetheart, Rebel, went on another walkabout this morning for an hour!! He really
seems to fancy her and she lets him know SHE is the boss, ha!! The Vincie girl taught her well.💖
Ever since I got the first dose of Pfizer vaccine, I get tired after I take my morning pain med. I
wonder how many people in the clinical trials take the same med I take in the morning? Hmmmm....
It's only the morning dose.

We're supposed to have strong winds later on today with some rain.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make out grocery list for tomorrow
Fold laundry in dryer
Wash and dry youngest's clothes
Lay out clothes for work since I don't have to wear my uniform on Fridays.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Sending you :hugs:
artiemom artiemom Talk when you're ready. It's OK. Just take care. :hugs:

Didn't post here yesterday bc I honestly wasn't expecting to do much of anything at all. And I didn't. It rained pretty much all day, so I flopped on the sofa with my iPad and finished two books. Started the third book before scooping boxes.

Hasn't cleared off yet this morning. But it's warm/humid, so we'll take it. I'm going to open some windows in a bit, for the first time in what seems like forever! Love open windows! We are to get into the lower 70s this afternoon.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee. While it was brewing, Muffin and I went out for our walk. Rick had scooped boxes and took the bag out to the trash can. Muffin got very alert and then started yelling for all she was worth. She saw Rick. "Dad! Dad, Dad, Dad!" He heard her (you can not not hear her!) and came walking over to us. Muffin stretched her paw out for touching and then she was happy. She's napping in her stroller now, in Happy Kitty mode. (She didn't get outside at all yesterday. Oh, she tried. But this time, Mom won. It was just pouring and she really hates getting wet, even with the pink blankie. She eventually went to bed to pout.)
  • A quick vacuum, nothing major, around the house. The same in the WeShed.
  • Rick bowls tonight (he's going to try going back to Thursday nights since he's been vaccinated and will still double-mask), so I'm going to hit the WeShed while he's gone. I'm about halfway through Season 6 of Bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.