Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That’s extremely scary, artiemom artiemom . I’m glad you’re okay and acted so quickly. Can you take a picture of your burn so you have a record of it? In my experience (in just the last two weeks!), repair guys tend to be dismissive of older women.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s extremely scary, artiemom artiemom . I’m glad you’re okay and acted so quickly. Can you take a picture of your burn so you have a record of it? In my experience (in just the last two weeks!), repair guys tend to be dismissive of older women.
It was shocking, to say the least.. I really wanted to pull the plug, but I could not move the stove, alone.

I did take a picture of my hand.
I also sent an email with the picture to the Facilities Director. I said I do not trust this stove, and want a new one. Afraid of using it, even if it is repaired.

I went down right after 8am to report it... and I need a new faucet..The handle is loose; meaning that I cannot adequate regulate the water temp.. I added that to the list...
Just waiting for them for service.
That is the boring part.. I do not want to get involved in anything, and then get interrupted..

Today is the Food Bank. The guys have to go around the building, handing out the food boxes to residents who cannot pick up the food...

There is one worker, especially, whom I want to come up here...

Geoffrey is driving me nuts... He is refusing his wet food, crying and jumping on everything, including me, crying and crying, for new food... He even jumped on top of the refrigerator...
Walking all over me, the counters, kitchen table, refrigerator... OMG>....dam cat

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one worker, especially, whom I want to come up here...
hm....💗?

Gosh, I would demand a new stove and have them get it the other one out of there. There should not
be sparks from a stove if it is hooked up properly.

How bad is the burn? You've had some bad luck lately. :hugs:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh it is a smal one. About 1/2 inch in length. Just a redness. Next to the knuckle.

still waiting. Ugh. I have vacuumed, wrote out and mailed a bill. Went to trash room.
Ugh. Waiting.
I really want to check on my car. And go for an iced coffee. I could leave, but I want to be here.
I hate waiting.

it is really my luck—-weird things always happen me.
I have tried to learn that if it is something I can fix, do it myself. I hate waiting on people. Gets me frustrated.
And then, I do not supervise, but I watch and check on them, before they leave. I have learned a few lessons.
Hate getting involved in a “project” while I am waiting.

At this point it will be after lunch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Cindy, complain loudly and long on this. You cannot be without a stove and you can't trust it at this point. I've never heard of this happening. You were lucky that it's just a small burn....it could have been worse! :hugs:

We spent the afternoon outside yesterday; Rick was raking stones out of the yard back into the driveway and I walked around the yard, picking up branches. Some of those branches were large. They break off in the silver maple, but don't make it to the ground. Then, during a really bad windstorm (like the one that we just had), the branches come down to the ground. I spent a lot of time yesterday picking them up and putting them in the garden. Rick will do a brush pile burn at some point. All in all, it was a good day. And a really pretty day. The sun was shining and we made it into the low 50s. And I got some serious steps and floors on my Fitbit.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed. Got up again around 8:00 and made my coffee. Took Muffin out for her walk and we were out for quite a while. We walked around the house a couple times, she yelled at the rooster and then yelled at the dog in the window behind us. She yelled at the birds and, by that time, I was ready to come in. She doesn't struggle at all, she just lays there in my arms with her paws crossed and kneading in the blanket. And she yells. I guess she's telling everybody that she's the boss.
  • Got my 3 miles in this morning. I should probably add that, because I do walk every day. An hour or 3 miles, whichever comes first, depending on how lazy I feel and how fast I walk. I usually end up with 5 or 6 miles by the end of the day. I haven't stopped walking.
  • I need to start working on my new cookbook again. I've been very lax for the last few months.
  • I'd like to start a blog. But I've no idea how much work would be involved. No idea what to call it. And no idea if people would even be interested. There are a lot of blogs out there! But I've had this "thing" about a blog now for a few years and also said, "When I retire,..... I have my webpage that I'd like to tear down as I haven't added to it since Banshee died. The woman who has my page storage has told me that she'd help me get started. And since I have all that storage space, well, it seems a shame not to use it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
So aggravated!! Still no answer!! It is now 2;20pm.. I put the work order in a t 8:15am!!! getting furious..

I called late morning, to the desk,, Manny and Eric were going to talk over what to do about my stove... dam.. just give me a new one!!

I left a VM for Eric...

Went down again, Eric was at lunch.. I saw a secretary, who supposedly told him they were coming up... nothing....

Finally went looking for one of them.. Saw Manny.. he said Eric was coming up.!! Where the heck is he??

I snuck in back, again.... he was not in his office for the second time!!

I called the desk a half hour ago... now a different person covering it !! had to re-explain things.. She said if she saw Eric she would tell him...

Still nothing.. I am going to take another hike around... man..... I always had great service in here... except for today!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Poppy the Puppy to PetSmart this evening. She did better than last time I brought her when she cowered in the cash register's cubby space. I had her in a harness this time too so I wasn't as worried about her escaping.
I cooked up a bag of frozen chicken breasts so I can use them in recipes later.
I also did some homework which has been doing R programming tutorials on Code Academy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom What's the latest on the stove?? That stove is either not grounded properly or it has a bare wire. I asked Rick about it and he jumped right out of his chair and yelled, "TELL ME THAT DID NOT HAPPEN TO YOU!" I thought he was going to have a stroke! I said, "No, no, calm down. It happened to Cindy." He "knows" you bc I talk about you from time to time. And he agrees that you need to really complain about it. It's dangerous.
  • Rick got up with the girls while Molli and I lounged until 8:00. By that time, Muffin had enough of waiting around, thank you very much, and started yelling. Got up, did the after-breakfast breakfast thing. And took her for a walk while my coffee was brewing. She is now sleeping soundly in her stroller. I had given my sister doughnuts; she called to tell me that they were on their way to visit my nephew's family for their Christmas (only almost three months late; that's what the pandemic does), and the container was on their back porch.....with cookies that she made last night. So Clarence and I will take a spin over there to pick up the cookies in a little while.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the house this afternoon
  • Check on the plants in the WeShed. Those African violets are simply gorgeous; all five of them are in full bloom now. But they're all the same color, that blue-violet, because I grew them from leaves and/or separated them from the mother plant. And the umbrella tree has another two baby shoots coming out of the top! Rick wants me to put the violets on the shelf above the door, but I'm leery bc I'm simply not that tall and would have to stand on a chair to water them and rotate them every week. But that's originally why he built the shelf. I'll try it today and see how it looks.
ETA: Remember I had said that I wanted to defrost our chest freezer in the basement? It's done! Rick took everything out this morning, defrosted it, cleaned it up, and we put the stuff back inside. I was able to do a revised What's in the Freezer? list, too, while we were at it, so I'm up to date. We still need to clean the upright freezer out, wipe it down, so I can add to my Freezer list. Tomorrow is another day. The big one is done! That's a huge weight off.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester ... I am getting a new stove.. just waiting for Phon to swap them out..

After walking the building, several times, I found both E and P in E's office. I went out back a couple of times. Tenants are not allowed out back. There is a security lock the door, but sometimes it is wide open. I took advantage of the open door. I snuck in a few times, looking, and finally caught them.

E said that P is really the best person to look at it.. I said, "I waited all day. I am scared of that stove.. I want a new one." E is P's boss.. but P is the talented one. E was out of the office most of the day.. the other guy, M, said that E was taking care of it... A huge mess up..

After I explained it, P tried to think it out in his mind, then he suddenly said, 'C'ome on--lets go".. he was at the elevator before I was. E told me, to just have P give me a new stove.. I kind of know these guys.. I am good to them at Christmas.....I think that is why E does not mind me going out back, and that P immediately came up. They know I am serious..

P pulled out the stove, opened up the back, saw the burn.. yup, a spark burnt an open wire. What I like about P, He explains things and shows me what is going on. It took a few visits for him to understand that I need the explanations, so he treats me well... Not just in and out, without explanation. M does not explain and I cannot understand if he does.. J does not really do any work in here, and I do not know if he would explain or not...

I guess the clip which secures the top--so you can lift and clean under it, came off. Somehow, and this is the weird part.. the clip rolled backwards, under the back, and hit an exposed live wire..
That caused the spark and burn..

The weird thing is that I have not opened the top cover to clean in a very long time, and I certainly did not try to move the stove; as I cannot do so. It is a small apartment stove. The cheapest quality. I wish they would buy better appliances, but.... Small stoves are limited in choices, and are made horribly.

P had to leave early, He has an autistic son, single dad.. He is supposed to come in today with the new stove... But we got a VM message that there is a freezer failure in the kitchen. I am sure that P is busy looking at that.. so I am going to wait and see...
There is also another Vaccine clinic today... so E is busy helping them out with that..

Today:
*Up early
* quick mini morning stuff, no vacuum~~ too early in morning~~ Just a Swiffer of litter and a shake out of litter mat, on the back stairs---shush...moved stuff out of kitchen and entryway.
*out to Italian deli/Produce store and Rite-Aid
*Saw E, told him to tell P that I am home--hint hint
*catching up on here.
*taking day, hour by hour.
*will do a check on status of stove delivery, after the vaccine clinic--around noontime.

yesterday was such a stressful day.. up and down stairs, looking for E...
Geoffrey was a bit ignored.. poor boy... we made up for it late late afternoon. We cuddled for a bit. I did not even give him another play session, even when he was begging for one... I am so bad..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have my new stove!! I just wiped it down.. right out of the box!

I asked if they were going to junk the old one. He said, NO!! Because it was such a fluke thing, it is still usable. He then said, 'You wanted a new stove. I did not say anything against it. He said he would have been frightened also.. " So, I got a new one; without raising a fuss!! AMAZING!!

I guess P is the second in command. He is now in charge of a lot of things. E is more into administrative things~~~ now. It was not like that before. Things changed, P got a promotion~~
E created a position for him.. Good for him..Glad I am on the good side of him.

I keep my apartment very well. I try to do things on my own. I think they know this.. so when I call for service, they do not give me flack...

I gave him a Johnny Walker Black nip.. a tiny thing, but a "thanks".

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Yee-Haw!!!! What is the first thing you'll make? Relax and enjoy the weekend, xxx💖
Winchester Winchester I think a blog is just the thing for you, perfect!! Speaking of cookbooks do you remember
the Moosehead one from the 70s? I wonder if it's still published.... You should write one!!!

regular stuff

washed smalls in Dreft, Amazon had a sale on 2 and I found coupons for $2.00 off on that and Tide.
They need to be printed but Nicole can do that for me. What a difference it makes with my beanies, etc.
No more itching.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

no gang members in the mornings lately but just now Roberto came for brekkie. He was not afraid
of me when I placed the bowl down. I wish I could clean his deformed ear. There are so many folds
filled with dirt. He looks very healthy, must've had enough food during the winter.

All sun today but cold, will wash Cal's fave blanket, and a few other things.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
It is cold today.. was cold yesterday.. I do need to go out. I need a new printer. I hoop I am able to connect it to my old MacBook Pro.. it is a mid 2012. I think I bought it in2014. The last of the MacBook Pros without Retina Display.

I plan on going to Staples to pick it up. I know it would be cheaper at Target or even BJ's. At least at Staples, I can ask them questions about compatibility and connection.

Slept so badly last night; tossing and turning, and a leg cramp. Up 4 times for the BR... Geoffrey was confused. I have been taking an entire Lipitor pill for 6 days. My sleep has progressively gotten more fitful each night. I swear it is the pill. Although, I have not been doing much of anything around here. So it could be that also..
If I lie down, and nap a bit... I have a worse nights sleep.

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*out to Staples
*perhaps Starbucks.. thinking tea rather than coffee
*perhaps a quick trip to TJ's. Have not been there for a while. It is Irish Soda Bread time. I love that. TJ's has a good version of it..
*too tired to play with new printer.. tomorrow.
*Supper either the last of the leftovers, or a sandwich.

A really crazy past couple of days...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm so glad! :hugs:
Mia6 Mia6 You know, I think I have one of those cookbooks....somewhere. Wasn't it a vegetarian restaurant? I'll have to look. I know I have the Frog Commissary Cookbook (a now-closed restaurant in Philadelphia), which is excellent. I use their recipe for vegetarian chili. And their carrot cake is simply wonderful. I'm not a big fan of carrot cake, but this one? Decadent! The pecan filling alone is worth its weight in gold. Oh, and "gang members"! That's hilarious!

Muffin and I went out to the WeShed yesterday, watered the plants, and moved the violets up to the window above the door. Got off the chair, looked at them, and promptly moved them back to their original spots. They're just too big for the area up there and all you can see from the floor are leaf bottoms. But you know, I'm thinking that some shorter, flatter planters of some kind of ivy might look good up there. And then they can tendril down off the shelf. Rick came out bc I was having trouble with the soundbar to the Samsung. We got it working again and all is well. I spent the evening out there, watching some Bones. Just getting ready to start season five. I need to do a good spring cleaning out there. Thinking of making up the bed and sleeping out there tonight. It's just so quiet and peaceful.
  • Amber Louise started yelling at 4:30 this morning. And I do mean yelling. Such screaming from such a small girl! I let her scream until 6:00, then I gave them breakfast. Emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I have two loads of laundry to work on today.
  • I want to really clean the kitchen today. Take everything off the counters, do a good cleaning, then put everything back. I need to look for some of the things that I used to keep on the hutch. I packed them away for the holidays, got lazy, and never bothered to get them back out.
  • Start working on a Lowes list and a grocery list.
Rick's mom called him last night, just to chat a bit. She asked him if I was going to make hot cross buns this year. Rick suggested that we get through St. Patrick's Day before we start talking about Easter.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I need a new printer. I hoop I am able to connect it to my old MacBook Pro.. it is a mid 2012. I think I bought it in2014. The last of the MacBook Pros without Retina Display.

I plan on going to Staples to pick it up. I know it would be cheaper at Target or even BJ's. At least at Staples, I can ask them questions about compatibility and connection.
I thought of you last night, artiemom artiemom . My husband was describing a podcast he listened to on NPR’s Planet Money about printers (programmed by the company to stop working) and printer ink sales. What a racket! It will infuriate you—and make you avoid HP printers.
I have that same MacBook Pro! I also bought it in 2014.

I need to make cinnamon bread today for our weekly French toast breakfast. Before that, we’ll take our usual morning walk (two-ish miles for me, four-ish for him). And my laundry basket is full. I seem to have worn a lot of socks this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.