Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory My sister and BIL received their second shots yesterday and, other than a sore arm, had no reaction. My friend, Bob, had the same reaction and he's only in his 40s, so he was grateful that that's the only reaction he had. Rick and I are ready, more than ready, to be honest.

When Rick came to bed last night, there were five deer in the front yard. They're eating everything they can find. They've nibbled my azaleas down over at the shed, they were nibbling in the flower garden, chewing on the peegee hydrangeas, chomping and chomping. This is when they're really, really hungry. We knew that the deer bedded down in the front yard for years, but this time, they're also having supper here.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • We're getting ready to leave for our vaccines in a few minutes. When we get back home, I must scoop.
  • While Dear Richard is bowling this afternoon, I may hit the WeShed for a while

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
this time, they're also having supper here.
I bet they smelled the donuts, hee, hee How are you feeling?

Tobermory Tobermory I have noticed most people who have had the second shot of the vaccine feel a bit unwell
afterwards, not sick but tired, and a headache. I guess that's a good thing?.

regular stuff

was able to salvage some throws I let the cats use. I didn't think thee would be usable afer being outside
for months but they are, so I washed them twice and they're now drying. I also let them use my down
jacket that is so warm and it's fine, just needs a good wash.I'll wash that as well.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was not a good day for me. I really felt unwell, so I did absolutely nothing.. lying on bed, sofa, later in day recliner. Covered up with blanket.. I felt short of breathe, almost as if I was about to pass out.. .. I ended up using the albuterol inhaler twice; with is really not like me. I never use it.. I do not know what it was..
I do not even know if the inhaler helped.. just made me shaky, with heart racing..
I ended up napping all day, and during the night.. looked at clock every 2 hours.

Geoffrey eded up lying beside me for a short while. He is definitely not like Artie. Artie would be right at my side, if I was not feeling well.. Geoffrey is not like that... oh well..

Today,
Up very late, for me.. Geoffrey began his wake up call at 6am. I just turned over, and ignored him. He was not happy, but did not yell in my ear or walk over me. He was good.

Today was not much of anything:
*very late start to morning things.
*phone call to cousin
*nothing else.. just odds and ends' and not much of that.. still feeling lazy, but much better.
*leftovers for supper: Sauce with sausages, chicken, and pasta... I think perhaps a cup of decaf tea for dessert, and some grapes...
Need to wash some grapes out and some blueberries..

One more day of leftovers, and then, I will take something else out of freezer, for the week.

Winchester Winchester thinking of you and Rick, with the second Covid shot... ((hugs))

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We survived our second vaccine. We both have very sore arms. My eyes hurt. Rick just has a very low-key headache, but mine is worse. I always get headaches, so it's not a big deal. And a headache is a side effect. If that's all we have, we'll take it. We'll take it a little easy today and then let it go. Oh, remember when I said that, about a week after my first vaccine, the injection site started to itch like crazy? We weren't even out of the parking lot yesterday morning when it started to itch again. The itching is worse than the ache!

I do have a couple vaccine stories to tell about yesterday. There were two guys standing behind me. One asked the other where his wife was. He replied that she refused to get the shot. Nobody in her family was getting it. The first guy asked the second guy what he was doing there then. He replied, "I'm smarter than they are!" And I started laughing. Indeed he is! The guy looked at me and smiled. I apologized for laughing, but he said, "Oh, hey! It's true!"
The second story was that I was due for 8:20. Well, when they were rounding up all the 8:20 people, these girls started running to be first. They almost knocked an elderly woman down! The guy in charge stopped everything and said, "You know, there's enough vaccine for everybody, people. No need to be first in line. No need to be running over other people! Calm down!" The girls laughed. But people were not happy about it.

They've started to allow first doses again. For a while, they had stopped doing first doses because they wanted to make sure there was enough second doses to go around. But yesterday, I noticed there were several people there for their first dose; evidently, they're going to start them up again.

artiemom artiemom Cindy, are you feeling better this morning? Banshee and Hydrox knew when I wasn't feeling well and they were right by my side. Hydrox, esp, had a sixth sense about my feelings and he knew when I needed him. When Rick was in the hospital (many, many years ago), Hydrox never left my side. He just knew. While Mollipop doesn't act like they did when I'm ill, she has other ways to show me that she cares. It's all OK.
Mia6 Mia6 That recipe from The Spruce Eats is much like the recipe that I use, other than I don't use rum in mine.
  • Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I lounged until 8:30. They got their after-breakfast breakfast, Muffin got her walk in, and I'm back here drinking cold coffee. Well, lukewarm coffee at best.
  • I think I need a new mouse. It's not moving well and I already took the mousepad away, hoping that would help. No luck. I'll have to look around, see what I can find. I might have an old mouse around here somewhere. I know there's an old track ball that I used for graphics work. Will search in my desk.
  • We are not doing much today. As I mentioned, my eyes hurt today and Rick has a bit of a headache, too. Nothing is too important that it can't be put off until tomorrow.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom
How are you feeling toady?
Winchester Winchester Yeah, just rest today and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

regular stuff
washed coats

There has been an awful tragedy. Three friends of our family died in a plane crash on Friday evening. I have known the boys'
mother since jr. high. I cannot imagine how she is feeling. The plot and his wife, her oldest son, leave 4 kids parentless. And Matt's
2 girls without a father. Matt and my nephew David have been friends since grade school. Laura lost her husband 4 years ago.

Three Killed in Georgia Single-Engine Plane Crash, Part of Wing Lands in Nearby Mobile Home

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. It's so unreal and I can't imagine how Laura is handling this. She has
another son.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How are you feeling?
Mia6 Mia6 How are you doing?

We lost power so many times last night that I gave up on watching tv. Every time we'd lose power, we'd also lose the internet and it would take a while for it to come back after the power came back on. It was hard to stream, so I turned cable on. Rick said the last time was about the 16th time the power went out; he was counting. But it also died several times during the night, too; I'd wake up and the clock was flashing. The wind is roaring around the house and there must be tree branches on lines somewhere. It's just nasty.

The entire injection site on my arm is red and warm. Not hot, but really warm. That's why it itches so much. It should go away soon. Rick is down with the Headache from Hades. He finally took something this morning and is back in bed. His sinuses are really bad. My headache is completely gone and I feel fine. I certainly got enough sleep the past two days! (When you get the second vaccine, drink lots of water right before and after. And, if you have to, rest. Go to bed, hit the couch, whatever. Take some time for yourself.)
  • Breakfast for the girls. I started to empty the dishwasher, but nothing was really clean. Checked the pod dispenser and the pod was still there. And then I remembered our power outages last night. Am re-running the dishwasher now. I knew something was wrong; since we got the Bosch, I don't think we've had a problem with dirty dishes. Everything is clean. Had to have been the power outages.
  • I have a few loads of laundry to do this morning, but won't start til the dishwasher is done.
  • I want to clean and prep butternut squash again for the freezer. I'll puree some of it and freeze some of it in cubes. Still have 10 squash to do! When I'm done, I'll take the peelings up to the garden for the deer. I'd like to roast some seeds, but doubt I'll get that done.
  • If I have time this afternoon, I want to make the yeast dough for garlic-parm rolls. It sits in the fridge overnight and then I can form and bake the rolls tomorrow.
  • We're taking the Kindle back up to Rick's mom today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks for thinking about me.. I am much better.. do not know what it was. I get a cough as my first symptoms of asthma.. That is when I use the inhaler, but I did not have a cough.. I just used the inhaler, as a just in case.. I still do not know if it helped at all...
Much better yesterday.

If the redness and swelling persists, from the Vaccine, I would contact your doctor.. but it seems that the reactions leave as fast as they come on, and do not last more than 48 hours.. at least from people I have spoken to. Poor Rick...

Yes, I think it is a good idea to advise people to plan on taking a couple days of rest~~ nothing but rest, after each shot..especially the second one.

The wind is incredible.. as is the cold. It was 18 degrees with a wind chill of -8.... Thank goodness this is only a one day thing.
Our power keeps going on and off. This is not a 'thing' with us. The electric company is doing some ground work in the parking lot. I do not know if it is from that or the wind.. It wen toff during the night, at least once.
Since I have been up, it went out again.

I slept fitfully last night. My apartment is almost directly over the loading dock, and where they store the dumpsters. The wind was so strong that it opened the lids. The lids were banging into the dumpsters with each wind gust. It was so loud! It began yesterday evening lasting all night and even until 9am....

I have complained about it in the past, but I did again. I asked for a latch to be put on them.. or more them where the wind will not grab the lids....

Tired today... have gotten 2 robocalls, already!! ugh.. one from 1-800-Service, another from Patini Computer.. I refuse to answer them..

I think Pam is a influencer to me!!! I took out a marinated pork tenderloin for supper... but I am so tired, I do not know if I am going to make it today or tomorrow.. It is marinated in mustard and herbs.. Not sure what to go with it.. I think carrots of some type, and a potato..

I need to find something for Easter dinner... Should have saved the pork for them... but....

Yesterday, I did the regular stuff, dumped, cleaned Litter Genie, more litter arrived, washed & changed out the litter in the box, washed tub; dumped litter in trash..made pasta for the last of the sauce, got laundry together for pick up.

Today:
*Regular morning stuff
*clean humidifiers.. probably with vinegar
*write out some bills
*should go through paper work, file stuff.... and see what I need for taxes..
*make supper????? maybe...

That should be enough for today..

M mia , how are you? again, sympathies on your loss....

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
well i think i might get out of the house and go to the dollar tree later when it opens up
also i LOVE pazcki too and get them every year that the store makes them ... lol

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom and Winchester Winchester That must've been some storm!!
I'm doing so so, keep thinking of Laura and her losses. No arrangements have been made yet. Life is so fragile,
hold on to your loved ones and cherish every day.

regular stuff

will wash some colored shirts

Pay day!! Pay bills make a list for Kaylee. I had her buy another box of Paczkis, oink, oink, she loves them as much as
I do, hee, hee. She had one yesterday morning then picked up a stuffed shells dinner from GE for her lunch which she
ate while here.

I watched my nutty neighbor's son while she was taken to jail in another county. She and another neighbor had gotten into an argument a bad one and someone called the police, They ran her name, saw the outstanding warrant and no choice but to take her. She just regained custody of her 14 year old son after not having him since he was 6. His grandmother was coming to get him but someone needed to be with him till Debbie got here. The police asked if I would watch him because if not, they had no choice but to take him to CS. He is autistic and has other issues as well. He's highly intelligent but the incident upset him so much. He told me how he felt, couldn't focus and other things. Then I remembered he takes a lot of meds so I called the police and she contacted the ones who were taking her to jail. One of them drove her alone and the other one helped me with his meds. They are kept in closet very high on shelf but he was able to reach them by the time the policeman got back. After that we watched tv, I fell asleep, then Debbie got there. Neighbor called me, she was out of jail but didn't have a ride, but I hink she found one because it sounds like there is someone there. What a night. I hope her son is ok.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully, other than quite a few downed tree branches, we are fine. The wind has died way down, but it's still breezy. It's looks to be a nice, sunny day. Arm is still red and warm. And very itchy. I'm sure it will go away at some point. It did the last time.
Mia6 Mia6 You certainly had an interesting day! I hope the woman's son will be OK. TBH, he may be better off with his grandmother than his mother.
artiemom artiemom Glad you're feeling better.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:30, then I gave everybody their after-breakfast breakfast. While my coffee was brewing, Muffin started yelling, so we took an early walk. For the first time since we got snow, we were able to go completely around the house; a lot of the snow has melted finally. Unfortunately, the walk might have been a little too early as she's now walking around meowing at me. I think she wants another one! Maybe this afternoon. I need to scoop this morning after the trash-weenies go.
  • In addition to prepping five butternut squashes for the freezer yesterday, I did make my dough for the garlic-parm rolls. Now I have to form the rolls and bake them today. I may prep another squash, too, and make squash rolls. We'll see how things go.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer about the house this afternoon. Nothing big.
And that will be my Wednesday.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was quick a wind storm.. Many trees in the state were blown over onto houses, and telephones poles came down.. The wind gusts were 60's mph; last all day!!

Geoffrey was so clingy yesterday. I think the wind, and the banging really got to him. All he wanted was me, to cuddle with, on the bed.

Our building is offering weekly rapid Covid testing; through the month of March, each Wednesday. After that, I think it will go back to periodic testing.
The last testing was last Wednesday. I kind of feeling as if I will be jinxing myself if I refuse a test.
It is easy.. in and out... only wait about 5-6 minutes or so for the test. The results are in this afternoon.

*Up early for testing~~ not as early as I wanted.. fell back to sleep
* broken up regular morning stuff
* put clean laundry away
* need to cook port tenderloin today~~ did not get to it yesterday
* ?? paper work...
*couple of bills...
* of course cuddle with Geoffrey and make up the short play time from this morning... another play session...

I did bake a sweet potato yesterday. All I have to do is reheat half of it.. need to decide on veggies...

It is a nice day out... warmish, then the cold is back tomorrow... Next week is warmer...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I think
TBH, he may be better off with his grandmother than his mother.
you're right. To be honest I've become quite fond of him, he's so sweet and fragile. I don't think she was ready
to have him full-time yet. Funding is low and there are not enough foster parents so they're trying to reunite families.

Which vaccine did you have? Itching is the worst but at least you know it's working. How is Rick's headache?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff-Cal likes her new litter box now, the one in the downstairs bathroom. She only used it about once or twice
in 2 months. Don't know why.

Wash quilt when Kaylee gets here.( It has stains from me eating hot Cheetos, Snickers, ice cream, oink, oink🐖)

Feeling rough, shoulder pain is over the top so I'll apply heat once Kaylee is here. I would love a massage, will look into it.
One of my old helpers was a massage therapist and would use warm sandalwood oil while she gently massaged shoulders
and scapula areas

Winchester Winchester Is your arm still itchy?.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes.... had a weird experience with oven/stove. I was putting a pan away in the bottom drawer. Suddenly a huge spark came out form under the oven door. It hit my hand, I jumped back! I was in mental shock that this happened..

I have a small red mark, burn, on my hand..
I called Emergency Maintenance, to pull stove away from wall and unplug it.. Electrical hazard!!!
She came up, shut off circuit breaker to stove... She will leave a note for the 'guys' I also have to put in a work request..

I do not trust that stove!!! Despite it being 1.5 years old.... I want a new one!!!

So... today..
*up very early
*morning stuff
*go down to desk for work request
*wait around for maintenance..

Oh, and my printer stopped working, yesterday!! Again.. Al I can think is the power went off a couple times the other day.. I unplugged it.. will try it again..

I realy need a new printer, along with a new laptop.. My laptop is not able to update... sigh...

Good thing is, I have a ton of stuff in my 'stash'... so I will be saving money on buying stuff... just have to pay off the cc bill before I get laptop, printer, and crown for my tooth... the new stimulus package is not enough to cover all.... dam..

Status
Not open for further replies.