Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Oh my, your cut sounds far worse than mine but you're right about it healing from within. I can't believe all you
had to go through. Your table looks very Martha Stewart-ish! Glad you had a nice meal.

regular stuff

wash some pj bottoms and smalls

will rest foot, read, and maybe watch a movie

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick's mom is ill and she has a high temp. The aide took her temperature and immediately went out to get a test kit; they'll let us know the results as soon as they can. Rick is not handling this well at all. Yes, we know she is 99 years old, but to have made it this far and then get Covid? I'm sorry, but it just sucks. It just sucks. Almost half the residents in the nursing home have tested positive. You know, I had wanted to pull her out of the nursing home right after she was admitted. We could have turned the computer room back into a bedroom for her. And now, I really wish we would have, esp since we're both retired now. Rick's not doing well and I feel guilty as hell that we didn't.
  • Working on decorating. Rick is in the basement, looking at lights for outside. He's going to have to leave to bowl (which scares the hell out of me every Sunday). While he's gone, I'm going to the shed to work on decorating. I still didn't finish the TWT.
  • Been vacuuming and dusting as I go, so the house will look half-decent anyway. I completely tore the shed apart yesterday, vacuumed, dusted, washed, and wiped everything. Watered the plants, all that good stuff.
  • Almost finished with season 5 of the X-Files.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Rick's mom is ill and she has a high temp. The aide took her temperature and immediately went out to get a test kit; they'll let us know the results as soon as they can. Rick is not handling this well at all. Yes, we know she is 99 years old, but to have made it this far and then get Covid? I'm sorry, but it just sucks. It just sucks. Almost half the residents in the nursing home have tested positive. You know, I had wanted to pull her out of the nursing home right after she was admitted. We could have turned the computer room back into a bedroom for her. And now, I really wish we would have, esp since we're both retired now. Rick's not doing well and I feel guilty as hell that we didn't.
  • Working on decorating. Rick is in the basement, looking at lights for outside. He's going to have to leave to bowl (which scares the hell out of me every Sunday). While he's gone, I'm going to the shed to work on decorating. I still didn't finish the TWT.
  • Been vacuuming and dusting as I go, so the house will look half-decent anyway. I completely tore the shed apart yesterday, vacuumed, dusted, washed, and wiped everything. Watered the plants, all that good stuff.
  • Almost finished with season 5 of the X-Files.
If she doesn’t test positive, is it still possible to bring her to your house?

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Make cat shelters
2. Work on socializing newest kittens
3. Daily cat cleaning

Now stop being jealous LOLOL

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
*Reg morning stuff
*cuddled with Geoffrey
*Brushed Geoffrey
*dusted, vacuumed
* took out some Christmas stuff... glitter all over... ugh..
*** Vacuumed several more times, between the glitter and the broken branches from the wreath.. I had, had enough!!

Today:
*Regular morning stuff
* took out new porcelain angles and Christmas trees.. put them up... vacuumed again--styrofoam, this time..
*Went to Rite Aid for a prescription and some stuff.. went to Walgreens for a couple of things..
*Went to Deli for some soup for tomorrow and a Spinach stuffed Aracino--Italian Rice Ball.. They gave a side of sauce to go with it..
*Put batteries in Angels...
*Reheating last of leftovers!!!

I am exhausted!!
Listening to Christmas Music blasting from Alexa.. Pandora's Country Christmas Station.. until I pull out my own CD's.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

Wash some blankets and throws

We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow, yikes!! It's raining now and will turn to snow late afternoon and will
continue into Tuesday night. I hope it misses us but I think that's wishful thinking.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much, guys. As soon as we hear anything, I'll post. Meanwhile, we're just waiting. Our son tried to call her yesterday afternoon, but she was so tired, she didn't want to talk much. And that's really unusual because she'll walk on coals to talk to him. That scares us, too. Tobermory Tobermory No, we really can't bring her here at this point. When she falls (and she falls often), we can't get her back up and must call the paramedics for help. She's pretty much in a wheelchair now and we have steps getting out of the house (we have a bi-level); when she was visiting, she used to scoot down the steps on her butt and then we'd get her back up and out of the house. Then we got to where we'd bring her in the back door, but that's on a deck, so there are still steps. Since the bathroom remodel, we no longer have a bathtub, just a shower, although I did tell Rick a shower would be better for her anyway, and I could help her. But again, it she falls, we're done.

It's pouring this morning and I think it's to continue most of the day anyway. A few flakes to fly around mid-week, but nothing major. I have a headache this morning and may go back to bed for a hour or so. It's not bad, but by tonight, it may be a doozy, if I don't do something.

Oh! I do have some good news! We've been taking Muffin out to the she shed for minutes at a time. When she gets antsy, I immediately take her back to the house. Well, on Sat, she came out twice and stayed about 20 minutes each time. Yesterday, I was going out to decorate the TWT and she met me at the front door. I took her with me and she was out in the shed for a good 1-1/2 hours anyway. She'd explore and talk a blue streak to me--meow, meow, meow--but she wasn't upset. She finally, for the first time, plopped down for a while. She does love looking out the window and the windows in the shed are more down to her level than the ones in the house. Anyway, she was out there for quite a while, talking and relaxing. When she went to the door, I scooped her up and took her back to the house. But now? Well, I think it's time to get a furniture/litter box. She can't stay out there for a long time with me without a box. Rick came out yesterday, too, and he was talking about putting steps and such on the walls, so she can explore more. She's really starting to feel more comfortable. After we get a litterbox, maybe I'll try an overnight visit with her. (I do wish it was Mollipop, but she doesn't like it in the she shed at all, even after all this time.)

I think, with Muffin, it's becoming a place of peace, where there are no other cats and, hopefully, she'll see it as somewhere she can flop down and relax. It's just her and us, most of the time, just me with her. I'm hoping to get a picture of her on the back of the couch looking out the window at the birds. We might get a feeder and suet cakes holder out that window, so she has some entertainment.

MuffinOne.jpg

MuffinTwo.jpg

MuffinThree.jpg

My three things:
  • I got up with the girls this morning, gave them their breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I may, at some point, lie down for a bit.
  • Bob is coming in for his mac and cheese today. We talked on Saturday and he was still munching on T-Day leftovers. He'll stop in at lunch time.
  • Working on the tree in the living room. Rick put it together and put the lights on last night. We're getting nowhere fast. Didn't get anything done outside yesterday. He had to bowl and then he watched football.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Around here if someone falls and needs the EMTs to get up it is a required visit to the hospital. Hope all will be better for your m-i-l.

This morning I need to unload both the clothes dryer and dishwasher that were run in sequence before I went up to bed. This morning will also see more laundry - bed sheets and dark clothes.

This afternoon I'll drive Himself for his visit with the cardiologist.Hoping to get an idea when his stenting will be scheduled. But that's a different doctor. And the hospital where it will occur, about an hour away, will no doubt want a pre-procedure visit for their testing rather than accept what our more local hospital did for his catheterization.

Need to decide about holiday cookies. Long storage ones such as lebkuchen would be made at the very beginning of December. But will I be the cookie fairy, driving around with platters of cookies? Haven't seen my Wednesday stitch sisters at the knitting group since March and am not sure I want to mail cookies. And there won't be parties such as the computer club Himself belongs to - cannot send cookies by Zoom.

It's raining, steadily but not hard. At least not yet. I knew there were a couple of things I should have done outdoors yesterday. I'm feeling rather gray, like the weather. Oh well. I'll go strip our bed and start laundry. Maybe the routine will perk me up. Hah!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That is such good news about Muffin and the shed! Hooray for her.. I love the pictures. She could be a sister to Geoffrey, with her coloring... So sweet..

Still thinking of MIL... ((Hugs)).... and family...

I started with a nagging small headache yesterday.. It began with me getting very tired.. then the nagging part started.
Finally, I went to bed.. still there.. ugh.. eventually, I fell asleep, but with this is the background.
Woke up really late... very late... with the headache...
Just took some Arthritis strength Tylenol, with my breakfast...

Today:
* reg morning stuff
* pay rent and pick up packages from the weekend deliveries; pick up mail;
* I need to make several phone calls, and fight with my printer... ugh.. But not with a headache. I will not have any patience... hate to put them off longer than I should.. The printer is not printing.. even with new ink and running it through the head cleaning cycle.. All I am going to do is try to redo with new cartridges, and cleaning the heads again--through the cycle..
I am not up to buying a new printer.. but I may have to.. Problem is: I had to have someone connect this one for me.. I do not know if I can put one together myself... if I buy it at Staples, I wonder if they will be allowed to come in her to set it up for me.. or even Best Buy.. hate to go to the stores.. Staples ok, but Best Buy--Shudder..
I need to be headache free and patient when I do play around with it..dam

*Geoffrey's litter box desperately needs to be cleaned. He is telling em about it. His pee has been so strong, lately.. just when they changed the formula on his food.. Royal Canin insists it is not them..
He is drinking a lot more water... He has a real Vet appointment on Thursday. I will mention it then..
Sigh, more blood tests... urine...
Need to change the litter box.... I will do that today...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That's lovely that one of the girls likes the shed and I bet when Molli finds out they Muffin
is out there with you she'll want to be there as well, darling girls Great Pics!!

I've got my fingers crossed for Ricks's mom.💖

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
washed a light load of clothes , went to a thrift store but didnt buy anything
checked my mail and got two pen pal letters in the mail
posting on cat site for a bit

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
we really can't bring her here at this point
I know how it is having watched my parents face a similar situation with my grandmother and having gone through it myself with my mother. My dad was so hard on himself when he had to move my grandmother into assisted living, but she kept falling and even when my mom was right there, she wasn't strong enough to catch her. They both toppled together into the bathtub once. Fortunately, neither one was hurt and they laughed about it, but still. Yikes. And my mom...well...I feel Rick's and your pain. I still think about it, and my mom passed away two years ago at 95.

Did a 2 1/2 mile walk early this morning in a thick fog. It's almost surreal, like you're the only person left on the planet. It's a weird, hushed kind of quiet.

I spent some time watching the mergansers and a Great Egret decimate the baby koi population in our lake. I know a bird's gotta eat and the koi have a lot of fry, but it's a bit "eeuw" to watch the mergansers come up a from a dive with a little silvery gold fish in their beak, throw their head back, and gulp it down. Nature. The egret is pretty cool and isn't as successful a hunter, despite his size.

I was finally forced to do two loads of laundry. It was either that or start wearing summer clothes! :lol:

"I'm hungry. Got fish?"
1BC978F5-A740-48B3-B986-F27859384782_1_201_a.jpeg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I ended up dumping and cleaning the litter box and washing the tub, afterwards..
Today:
*regular morning stuff
*write out a couple of bills
*Drop off the consent form for another Covid test, on Wednesday ..
*phone calls--business. I procrastinate so much, making my anxiety worse... ugh I should just do them as soon as I can.

I must say, this place has been very good about Covid Testing. We have been periodically getting them done. They are really good about trying to catch it as soon as possible... Of course, not everyone is taking advantage of the testing. I really do not know why~~~ Why wouldn't people take advatange of free testing?? and at the place where you live?? You do not even have to go anywhere. It is confidential from the building, unless it is positive. Then, only administration is aware of who it is.. They provide all services, and check up on that person, if they are positive for Covid.

All I can think is: people are so weird.. I am constantly amazed at the behavior I see in here. I thought I had seen it all, when I was working and taking the train to work, but nope..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nothing on Rick's mom yet. We're still waiting on news.
We have our tree decorated in the living room. I still have to finish the TWT in the she shed. The house looks very festive; I just love the kitchen at Christmas.

You know, I think Dear Richard is being a snot. He was complaining last night that there was "nothing sweet in this house!". Now keep in mind that he just finished the Thanksgiving pies. But he said, "At this time of year, there should always be cookies in the house! Always!" Guess what I'm going to be doing. I did tell him that I'm only making a few kinds of cookies this year. "Well, that's OK, I guess, if it has to be.....but you have to make them in sufficient quantities that we don't run out. We should cookies until the end of January!" Spoiled much, dear? Men! (I didn't want to make a lot of cookies this year, simply because it was just him and me. I see that going right out the window. That man does love his cookies. And so does his son; that apple didn't fall far from the tree.)
  • I lounged with the M & Ms until 8:30 or so, then we dragged ourselves out of bed. Drinking my coffee now.
  • Put three pounds of butter in the microwave to soften; I'll make cookie doughs this afternoon and throw them in the fridge for tomorrow. But I know that if I make them now, they won't be around by Christmas.
  • Not much really good on. It's cold and windy and rainy. Muffin and I will go out to the shed this afternoon for a while.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am hoping for the best for Rick's mom, Pam. 💖
but you have to make them in sufficient quantities that we don't run out. We should cookies until the end of January!"
hee, hee Better get moving, ha!!

Regular stuff

I told Kaylee not to come in because of the storm. I did one load and will wash a few throws Then I plan on watching Home Alone.
It goes well with the weather.🇨🇽🎄🎅

Status
Not open for further replies.