Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, Roberto is one of the Ginger gang. He is missing his right eye and part of his right ear.
Another one is missing left eye and ear so I've named them so I can remember which is which. So Roberto
for right and Laurent for left. I haven't seen Laurent or Conrad for awhile now. R let me inspect his ear again
this morning and it's all folds in the ear and no canal.

regular stuff

put a load of dark throws in washer

:Kaylee called off, yikes! I have so much that needs done.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks, it was a horrible meeting.. Cried through 4 tissues and more at home.. I do not want to relive it. ... so, please, no questions...

Nothing planned today. Nothing at all.. just pick up mail.. Kind of noodgey, but I do not know what I will do.. It is the type of day that if I attempt to do anything, it will go wrong. I can feel it. Nerves are raw..

I did not pick up my mail yesterday, So I will ry to get to that.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday our intermittent handyman was here and we got the winter covers up over the cut back bananas.

It is amazing where salt sneaks into food I had not considered - pasta, anyone? I shall have to keep a magnifying glass in the kitchen to read the stinkin' small type on labels.

Today I need to
1) go drop property tax payment off at the township offices
2) go to the farm and feed to pick up binder twine spool ends so I can tie fencing that will hold leaves under the banana covers
3) go to local grocery store to get this and that
4) this afternoon go to my friend with the fabulous vegetable garden to deliver empty Chewy's boxes that she uses under mulch
5) and somewhere in there continue cutting back, digging, and packing away cannas

It would be nice to empty my garage bay-now-garden work area so I can again park my car inside. Sigh.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Productive day so far...
Went grocery shopping
Stripped and remade two beds
Did several loads of laundry
Quick tidy around house
Changed litter boxes
Wiped down kitchen counter
Wiped down cats' placement

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm sorry. :hugs: That's all I will say. But I'm here.

It was Rick's turn to get up with the girls, so Molli and I slept in until 9:00. I've had several late nights, waiting for numbers, waiting on states, so it was good to just sleep for a while. Up now and enjoying my coffee. Molli is back here with me, sleeping on her pillow.
It's going to be a beautiful day today and tomorrow promises to be more of the same. In the 70s, both days. We had the windows open last night. It's wonderful.
No more raking, for a while anyway. Rick took our mulching mower up around the shed and even swept the leaves from the deck and patio. It looks nice. There are still lots of leaves on the maples, though, so it won't last long. He's talking about getting a leaf blower for next year.
  • I took the last of the peppers out of the dehydrator this morning, still have to give them a spin in the food processor. Then I think we're done with peppers (but I've been saying that). Now it's time to finish the tomatoes; I have three dinner plates of tomatoes in the kitchen that I'll dehydrate this afternoon.
  • Did three loads of laundry yesterday, so I may just run a load of kitty linens today.
  • Try that bread recipe after I'm finished on the computer.
And that will be my day.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
i have put laundry away and cleaned up the livingroom sort of
im afraid to tackle the kitchen but might do it later
resting with some music

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm sorry. :hugs: That's all I will say. But I'm here.

It was Rick's turn to get up with the girls, so Molli and I slept in until 9:00. I've had several late nights, waiting for numbers, waiting on states, so it was good to just sleep for a while. Up now and enjoying my coffee. Molli is back here with me, sleeping on her pillow.
It's going to be a beautiful day today and tomorrow promises to be more of the same. In the 70s, both days. We had the windows open last night. It's wonderful.
No more raking, for a while anyway. Rick took our mulching mower up around the shed and even swept the leaves from the deck and patio. It looks nice. There are still lots of leaves on the maples, though, so it won't last long. He's talking about getting a leaf blower for next year.
  • I took the last of the peppers out of the dehydrator this morning, still have to give them a spin in the food processor. Then I think we're done with peppers (but I've been saying that). Now it's time to finish the tomatoes; I have three dinner plates of tomatoes in the kitchen that I'll dehydrate this afternoon.
  • Did three loads of laundry yesterday, so I may just run a load of kitty linens today.
  • Try that bread recipe after I'm finished on the computer.
And that will be my day.
Speaking of leaf blowers...WORX makes one that also has a grinding attachment,and the ground leaves go into a bag that hangs from a strap on your shoulder.I got one for hubster three Christmases ago and he's still using and loving it.He blows the leaves into a good sized pile,vacs them up into the grinder and dumps the bag in a big trash can.Then he spreads them as mulch in the garden.That and his mini chainsaw on a pole have been great successes.They are both electric,but we have a large collection of very long extension cords and it works out just fine.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
took a cat nap for a little while , needed to recharge
listening to my mp3 player while online
might do some more house cleaning soon

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nikki started to bake homemade bread from a mixture of cereals :) I started to make homemade stew from a mixture of meats :) cats started to love both :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Nice lizzie lizzie ! Thanks! I'll tell Rick about it.

I have one thing to do today. Decorate the kitchen for Christmas. And it's a chore. Wash and wipe everything, including the floor. Bring the kitchen stuff up from the basement, pack up all the stuff that's in the kitchen now, wash the Christmas stuff and then place everything. I was seriously considering just letting it go this year. But I'm in the mood! It will be pretty much an all-day thing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Beautiful day here

Read on the deck for a bit, will now rest foot. Said to keep it warm, that will make it heal faster.
Nicole got the really good meat for burgers. they provide the beef for my fave burger place, Swenson's.
Little Chrissie, Willi, and Roberto were here. Chrissie ate an entire 6 ounce can of wet food.

Winchester Winchester Will you use your winter china or wait?
Nikki started to bake homemade bread from a mixture of cereals :) I started to make homemade stew from a mixture of meats :) cats started to love both :)
Sounds good, Alex!!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry including curtains that had a lot of little orange hair at the bottom. :think: Wonder whose those could be.

Dust bedroom and living room.

Vacuum and Febreeze the couch, loveseat, and chair.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The Winterberry? Oh it's out. I'm still working, but needed a bit of a break. But yeah, the dishes are out, washed and in the cabinet and on the hutch! I like to have it out for Thanksgiving dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Molli and I slept in until 8:30 or so. I was awake, but we were cuddling and well, I didn't want to disturb her. Then Muffin started pawing at the door and meowing. Molli just kind of schnuffled grumpily and moved to Rick's side of the bed. So I figured I'd get up. Muffin just wanted food anyway. On Rick's days to get up early, they get their after-breakfast breakfast when I get up, so she was "hungry".

My back hurts this morning. Not bad, but I know I overdid a wee bit yesterday. Constantly up and down the basement steps lugging boxes back and forth. Up and down on kitchen chairs, trying to clean the cabinets, washing all the dishes, all that good stuff, moving all the stuff on the counters to the table, so I can give the counters all a good washing, and then back again. Rick came into the house after bowling and he said, "Dear, you know, you're retired now. You don't have to do this all today!" But the thing is, I like doing it. I kept putting the cleaning off because I was working with the garden veggies, but I knew that, once the veggies were finished, the kitchen needed a good cleaning. I also moved the hutch away from the wall, vacuumed behind there and cleaned. Took the dust mop around to the tops of the walls and into corners. Then I washed the kitchen walls down a bit. Did a load of Winterberry dishes and then washed the others by hand. The music was blaring and I was singing. I was busy yesterday and it felt good.
  • Look for the holiday runners for the hutch. I know they're around here somewhere. They disappear on me every year.
  • Clean out one of the cabinets in the kitchen that's been bugging me.
  • Wipe down the inside of the fridge. I'll take everything out, do a good cleaning, and then put everything back.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I've already taken my walk. Two miles today instead of my usual three. I saw 25°F on the thermometer and dragged out a waffle shirt, a sweatshirt, and a down coat. What was I thinking? I never get that cold! I used to wear that down coat when I lived in Michigan and Colorado and it was -4° with a foot of snow on the ground. It was sunny this morning with no wind so I really overdid the layers. I love the sound of walking through the fallen leaves. 🍂

I have my annual doctor's appointment this afternoon. Already did blood work a week ago. I'm geared up to spend some time whining about various things, all (I think. I hope.) related to stress and anxiety. I'm sure she's heard and seen a lot of these with other patients.

I need to run the vacuum to pick up the litter that twelve little feet spread around the house. 🐾 And off I go!

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
poured the rest of the old cat food in the feeder
unboxed the new bag of catfood and took to the kitchen
got my thanksgiving cards ready to be mailed

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have my annual doctor's appointment this afternoon. Already did blood work a week ago. I'm geared up to spend some time whining about various things, all (I think. I hope.) related to stress and anxiety. I'm sure she's heard and seen a lot of these with other patients.
How did your appt go? :hugs: ♥

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I love Winterberry Nicole has the entire set as well.

regular stuff

gather throws for washing

make a list for Kaylee

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 It's a pretty pattern. I stopped buying it when Pfaltzgraff started making the pieces in China.

A very restless night last night. I kept tossing and turning and couldn't fall asleep. The coyotes were in fine form; I think I heard them three times during the night, the last time around 2:30 this morning. Very spooky in the middle of the night. The other night, we swear they were in the side yard; they sounded very close.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • I ordered Rick's Taz ornament for 2020 for the tree. I've been giving him a Taz ornament for years and years.
  • More cleaning, more straightening things up in the house. Still can't find the blasted runners for the hutch. I'm going to let them go until we start taking holiday boxes of stuff out of the closet.
  • Water the shed plants and then dust and swiffer out there.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*slow start to regular morning stuff
*cleaned up Geoffrey's vomit~ fur ball because I brushed him yesterday. That seems to be the pattern no matter what I use to brush him. It is a fight.
*change bed linen
*either trim Geoffie's claw or a full clean up of the litter box.. depending how I feel
*phone calls.

Probably not accomplish all of this, but at least some will be crossed off.. one or two...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.