Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I'm sorry about your husband's diagnosis. That's never good news. Hopefully the newer meds will be able to help him. :hugs:
artiemom artiemom I'm so glad you had a day off from that smell. Not good for your asthma. I'm sending you good luck wishes with that cardiac monitor. I'm sure you're really worried about the results, but am hoping that you will have good news this morning. :hugs:

My turn to get up with the girls. So now 6:00 has become 5:00 for breakfast; cats don't care about the time change. Rick made it to 5:15 yesterday and that's how far I got this morning. Our goal is to (eventually!) get our very impatient girls to let us stay in bed until 6:00. Which, we both feel, is pretty much impossible. So I'm tired this morning and can't stop yawning, even with my coffee. We're in a wind advisory today, although most of it will take effect this morning. It's really nasty outside; the wind is roaring and gusting around the house. No outside work will be done today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer. Rick will strip the bed down when he gets up and then I'll wash the sheets and put them back on the bed.
  • A quick vacuum about the house, but nothing major

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Stop by Petsmart and get wet food
Bring Winter coats upstairs now that the weather has turned colder
Call and see if I can pay husband's medical bill online or over the phone since we don't buy stamps anymore.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
* late regular morning stuff
* take monitor off, box it up, Drop it off at Post Office. May as well get some stamps. while I am there.
*nothing else planned.

I should dust and do the bathroom, but I have all week to do so.

Geoffrey was weird. Yup, time change does not affect our kitties!

I got up to find a toy, next to his bowl of dry food, another toy on the other side of it, and a toy inside the bowl of food.. Wow.. he must have been going crazy...and I did not hear him!! Weird.. He has never done that...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ll go out briefly to get lab work done at 7:30 this morning with a quick stop to buy gas.

When I get back, I’ll make another check around the house to make sure I found and cleaned up all of Iris’s poop scoots around the house. Then I’ll need to finish cleaning around her tail and give the long hair a trim. Poor kitty. I heard her leave the box at 11:30 last night and drop and scoot, drop and scoot. I got up and crept around with a flashlight so I wouldn’t wake the spouse, cleaning as I went. Ah, long-haired cats. :poop:

Then I’ll take my three-mile walk. It’s still so beautiful: sunny, cloudless days in the 70s. That’s all supposed to change on Thursday, but we desperately need rain so I don’t mind.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

washed pillow cases in Dreft, then throws

Made a list for Kaylee

C catapault I am so sorry about himself's Dx. It's good news that he is feeling better so soon.
artiemom artiemom Glad you had a good day yesterday. Your building does not have a very good ventilation
system if the smell is coming through all the vents. So does this mean other tenants can smell
cooking odors, etc? When was the building built?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
When I get back, I’ll make another check around the house to make sure I found and cleaned up all of Iris’s poop scoots around the house. Then I’ll need to finish cleaning around her tail and give the long hair a trim. Poor kitty. I heard her leave the box at 11:30 last night and drop and scoot, drop and scoot. I got up and crept around with a flashlight so I wouldn’t wake the spouse, cleaning as I went. Ah, long-haired cats. :poop:
I hear ya! You're a good mom. Our seniors turn into babies when they get older...we have to five them a lot of care.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Glad you had a good day yesterday. Your building does not have a very good ventilation
system if the smell is coming through all the vents. So does this mean other tenants can smell
cooking odors, etc? When was the building built?
The building is 42 years old. They used the cheapest way.. the ventilation system is pretty much non-existent. I guess they figures independent seniors can open the windows and be on the beach or outside all day. Or be too infirm to care!!

*Up early
*very limited morning stuff
*out early for stuff..

Not sure what I will do the rest of the day. Massachusetts in imposing some restrictions as of Friday. We are going to be locked down from 10pm to 5am.. Mandatory masks, even with SD. Limiting gatherings to 10. Closing down restaurants at 9:30pm.

People were freaking out last week at that grocery store. I cannot imagine how it will be now..
This is why I am going out early, senior hours.. and home early.. Just replacing what I need.. but who knows when I will be able to easily access them.

Did not sleep well last night... I may lie down with geoffrey for a bit.. but.. who knows.. I may even be too hyper for that.
I guess being totally quarantine for 8 weeks, made me a prepper.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Just sending you a :hugs:
C catapault How is Himself?

My co-worker called me this morning; seems there's a big screw-up at his voting place and he's really upset. When he goes into work, he's going to Voter Registration to complain. Someone needs to get over there and fast. Anyway, normally, when he votes, he's the first one in line. This morning, there was quite a line in front of him. People are getting out and that's good. It helps that the sun is shining.
Breezy and chilly this morning. Fortunately we are to get back into the 60s and this weekend, we're going back into the 70s! Go figure! Too windy to rake today....I'm hoping to get back out later on this week.
  • A good vacuum and swiffer about the house today. I want to clean the fridge out and wipe it down. Rick is going to attack the ice maker again so we can get ice. DO NOT EVER BUY A SAMSUCK FRIDGE! YOU WILL BE SORRY!
And that's pretty much it for my day today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking, Winchester Winchester Himself had a visit with the hospital / cardiologist's heart care section. Return visit in a week. Be very cautious about salt - not that I use much in cooking but avoid pickles, olives, etc.

I'm repainting the wooden covers that go over the bananas. It's been years since Himself made them. Got one side done this morning, will do other side this evening.

Our infrequent but very helpful handyman was here this afternoon. He and I got the two half barrel planters at the bottom of the driveway off the asphalt and onto pallets for the winter. Cannas dug out but still full of soil so very heavy.

Cut back bananas and disposed of debris to dump pile in woods, then covered cut back stumps with leaf filled tubs.

And finished by having him refill the partially empty basement wood storage rack from outside wood piles.

He'll be back on Thursday and we'll see about installing the covers over the bananas.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Glad to hear Himself is doing well.
artiemom artiemom How are you doing with the smell?
strider rose strider rose hat donut stick sounds good!

regular stuff

going to wash quilt and other bedding and have K dry at launderette

Supposed to be in the 60s so I may read on deck.Nicole already had Larry bring the at their deck
chairs and pergoda over to store in my garage. I always wait till the last minute. Cal went out
yesterday morning for a walkabout. I heard scratching at the door about 10 mins later and she was
looking behind her but bolted in. Maybe a raccoon was looking for food. They'll come on the deck and
sniff around, so bold. She won't even consider defending the deck if she sees a critter. We both watched
an opossum a few weeks ago who had come on the deck. Poor things can barely see.

May watch a movie later on

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Glad to hear Himself is doing well.
artiemom artiemom How are you doing with the smell?
strider rose strider rose hat donut stick sounds good!

regular stuff

going to wash quilt and other bedding and have K dry at launderette

Supposed to be in the 60s so I may read on deck.Nicole already had Larry bring the at their deck
chairs and pergoda over to store in my garage. I always wait till the last minute. Cal went out
yesterday morning for a walkabout. I heard scratching at the door about 10 mins later and she was
looking behind her but bolted in. Maybe a raccoon was looking for food. They'll come on the deck and
sniff around, so bold. She won't even consider defending the deck if she sees a critter. We both watched
an opossum a few weeks ago who had come on the deck. Poor things can barely see.

May watch a movie later on
i loved it . i had eggnog with it

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, it was a long night last night. I finally gave up the tv in despair around 2:00 and went to bed. I kept texting with my co-worker about the whole thing and he kept saying, "Patience, Pamela, patience". Patience is not one of my strong suits.
And now I'm up and (not) ready for my day.

I don't know what made me do it, but I went up to the garden yesterday afternoon. And there were two plates full of orange grape tomatoes. I couldn't let them go up there, so came back down, grabbed my bowl and went back up. Got the tomatoes and also grabbed some peppers while I was there. Because of the wind this past weekend, we did not get the garden torn all the way down. The tomatoes and peppers are still there. And evidently, they're still growing. Rick said he saw tomatoes that I had missed, so he'll grab some this morning. Everything is on trays in the kitchen. Who knew that I'd still be picking tomatoes in November?
  • Breakfast for the girls, Rick forgot to start the dishwasher last night, so I did it this morning.
  • Rick's mom wants to talk to us, so he'll call up to make an appt for a window visit.
  • Work on raking leaves this afternoon

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Mia6, post: 5254805, member:
Maybe a raccoon was looking for food. They'll come on the deck and

[/QUOTE]
Opossums are so sweet. Not rude or cude like those raccoons.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks for asking. It is much better. I put door insulation around the door frame, closed off my air vent.
I also sent a week-end update to management. The smoker #1 restarted her smoking in the apartment. That was stopped during quarantine, and continued. Now, she feels she can get away with it and blame it on new neighbor.

Management is fully aware of all of this. I got a message from Building Director, apologizing for the problems I am going through. The Facilities Director called new neighbor on the phone. I heard part of the conversation as I was entering my apartment, on Monday Afternoon. I heard her say, "I did that! I put things in boxes and then got new boxes and put them in there; through out the old ones"... This is in regard to her stench!!

The Property Manager also paid the new neighbor a visit. She was told not to leave her scooter outside her apartment. It was partially blocking access to another neighbor's door. She also had her winter coat hanging on it.
I noticed she had a gallon of Zep Cleaner on her scooter.

So, progress!!
The new neighbor is avoiding me. She tried to have a conversation with me, on Monday morning. I was so mad at her, for what she was putting me through, that I ignored her. Now, after management stepping in, She is avoiding me~~ to the point of; if she wants to go out, and hears me at the door, she waits until I leave. That is fine with me. I do not care. I heard she was weird..One of those who plays dumb and helpless.
~~~~~~~
Today:
*was planning on staying home, but .. One of the 'runners' (college age kids) asked me yesterday if she was going to se me today. I said, probably... why? She said it is her birthday today, and she wanted to see my smiling face on her birthday... she is a bit slow, so.... I felt so strange when she said that.. It was a weird, sweet feeling.
I am going out to the bakery and getting her a huge cupcake with a happy birthday sign on it... and perhaps a slice of pizza....

I give the two runners, some 'munchies' occasionally. It works.. They bring my packages directly up to my apartment, if they are too heavy for me to carry, or sometimes just surprise me by bringing them to me. Sweet kids. There are only 2 of them.

* I fell asleep last night at 9:30pm, watching the results, having some wine. I woke up at 1:30am.. went to bed.. Geoffrey let me sleep, although he was at my bedroom window, letting the sun.. I got up at 8:30am... very late day.

*quick regular morning stuff.. did not vacuum yesterday.
* open windows a bit.. it will be in 50's today, with warming temps every day... eventually getting up to 70's next week.
* make salad for supper.

Yesterday, I did not feel well. I did not sleep the night before; went to bed really late, tossed and turned. I was up at 5:00am... Had to go early to a different Trader Joes, one who had alcohol.Their senior hours are 8am.. I got a bunch of wine for Xmas Gifts in here, and a couple bottles, just to give to a friend... She does not drive that far, and was afraid of accompanying me.
I dropped off the wine and a few other thing I bought her and her husband.

I took a nap yesterday, but felt worse when waking up.. Had my leftover sauce with sausages and chicken, with rotini brown rice pasta and some parmesan cheese.. I ate too much.

Today, is just a quick trip to the bakery. I am going to have to refrain myself from buying any sweets for myself.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
im actually really warm today and so i put on a muscle shirt and shorts
music is so nice to listen to when im online
oh and cats

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Drying throws from yesterday

Kaylee needs to catch up. The 2 hours a day is just not working. I would rather have her 4 hours a day
Monday and Wednesday, and then 3 hours on Friday. That is still 11 hours. I hope I get my 14 hours back
soon.

Roberto let me pet him for the first time ever this morning while he ate! He's missing part of his right
eye and ear. He let me gently examine his ear, it was very tangled. I think I may try to clean it. there
is hair growing on the part that began to grow back. He purred while I petted him, sweet boy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I missed something....who is Roberto?
artiemom artiemom I'll be thinking of you this afternoon. Hang in there.

Yesterday, I started looking at all the peppers. And decided to dehydrate some of them. Cut them up and dried them through the night. Turned out pretty good, so I'm going to run them through the food processor (not the grinder) and make some pepper flakes. Figure I can throw them in soups, stews, etc. I'll keep them in the freezer and use as needed. I hate to just toss them, so I'm trying to use them.
  • Slept in for a while and Rick took care of the girls. Enjoyed my coffee and am going to run those peppers through the processor. Then chop more peppers and dehydrate them. Keep doing that until they're gone, then finish up the tomatoes in more powder. That should (should!) be the end of the garden.
  • I've created a kitty monster. On a whim, I started taking Muffin outside for a bit of a stroll around the house. Well! Now she expects it and sits by the front door. "Mom! I wanna go O-U-T! Now! Mom!" So she had a bit of a walk this morning. She doesn't like the wind, though, and the rustling of the leaves make her a bit skittish. But she loves being outdoors, even if she does have to stay in my arms. Rick tried taking her out, but she's not as comfortable outside with him. With me, her paws knead me the whole time; with him, she seems a little on the nervous side. We don't know why, although he doesn't hold her the way I do.
  • We're window-visiting with Rick's mom this afternoon. She asked for another apple dumpling, so I took some out of the freezer and we're taking a couple with us.
  • And we'll probably stop at the grocery on the way back. I need powdered milk for a bread/roll recipe I want to try. I rarely use powdered milk, but it's probably a good thing to have on hand anyway.
  • SN tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.