Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
No such luck there. I am the only one who can hold Boone and it's not for too long. Gracie acts like she is completely revolted that somebody dares to pick her up. The only time either likes being picked up is when I hold them up to the ceiling fan. They love the air on their faces and trying to catch the moving blades.
i pick up stardust once in awhile but not all the time ... shes fast lol

brushed stardust and lucky
got me a snack
posting on tcs

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope everything turns out well with the heart monitor testing.
Winchester Winchester You've been baking up a storm! The caramel apple pecan pie sounds wonderful!!!

Regular stuff

Put in a load of darks

Will probably read a bit or maybe binge-watch a series, not sure. It's cold now, will have some sun
but not enough to read on deck.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 It's soon going to get way too cold for sitting on the deck. I'm going to miss it.

My turn to get up with the girls. It's chilly this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and just finished my coffee. Need to scoop.
  • Rick will strip the bed when he gets up and then I'll wash the sheets.
  • I'm going to make applesauce today. Rick will help me until he leaves for bowling.
  • Thinking about making an apple coffee cake. It's delicious, with diced apples and a cup of warm coffee in the batter and a brown sugar-cinnamon topping. If I have any apples left, I want to make crock pot apple butter (I always say that every year and I always run out of apples.)
  • Do a quick spin with the vacuum.
  • Almost halfway through season 2 of The X-Files. Lately I've been managing only one episode a night.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today/Sunday is usually an easy day for me.. I usually just do nothing or cook a bit.. Since it is just me, I tend to make easy, uncomplicated things..

Geoffrey , again, woke me up early.. no need for it.. He just wanted me up... as soon as it hits 3am or so... crazy cat.. I do not sleep well as it is....

*Woke up~~ still groggy after coffee and breakfast: cinnamon raisin whole wheat toast!! Yum.. with pumpkin spice keurig coffee and almond milk... yum..
*Went back for a nap at 10am.. Geoffrey and I cuddled on the bed...
*Felt so much better when I got up at noon..
*Late regular morning stuff, which turned into early afternoon stuff.
* a couple of phone calls...
*Supper; baked a split whole chicken breast, with roasted carrots, and a baked sweet potato.. I am going to turn orange, with all the carotene!!:flail:
* Heard some upsetting news from a friend in here: my soon to be neighbor is one of his neighbors.. He told me she is a smoker (against the lease) and has a demon dog which she allows to run loose in the corridor. She also tries to mask her smoking with strong stinky incense!!

OmG... I have a demon dog next to me! Geoffrey is afraid of dogs! He hides each time this dog goes crazy.. and at times I scream at demon dog also...

OMG #2: I just went thru the smoking and incense burning with the neighbor across from me... I finally thought I was free from it... I have asthma.. it comes right into my apartment...
Now I have to go through all of this AGAIN!!
At least my friend told me that there is a RECORD of this new neighbor being reported, time and again... I will go over their heads in here and call the parent company, IF I have to go through this issue again... so upset....

** After hearing the above news, I had to make myself an alcoholic beverage, with supper...
Vodka & club soda, with blueberries... I just had to... sigh...

Too much... OMG.. I just got into senior housing, in Jan 2019... This is where I am going to stay.. I have too much invested in this apartment.. time, energy, and things have done in here, for me to move,... Yet, I have do deal with the Lease breakers, the "Privileged" who feel they can do whatever they want..

So tired of fighting against this... I just want to live in peace... dam

Now, on to my supper....
Thanks for listening...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Sorry, maybe it won't be as bad. Place a folded up thick towel underneath the door.
I do this in the winter to keep out cold air drafts. There is a product out called Odo-Ban and it
helps a lot with odors. It doesn't mask them, it eliminates them and it's also a disinfectant. Smoke
is one of the odors listed as one that is eliminated. Senior living has its pros and cons. It would be
nice to have a maintenance team but I am not ready to give up my independence. I love my deck
too much, ha!! I hope your cocktail was good.🍸

regular stuff

washed my quilt and soft blanket. I love the blanket, it's thin but very warm and soft.

Make a grocery list for Kaylee,,will be small as it's the end of the month. PBJ time, hee, hee
I put A&D ointment on Cal's nose tip. She's trying to cough up another hair ball. Finish One by
One
as it was due Saturday, pick up books that are ready at the drive thru. Try to catch up on sleep.
My neighbor was so loud over the weekend.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 I am going to try to have a 'talk' ~~ unofficial with the head of facilities.. I hope I can get to see him today or tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear about all the noise, you are going through. It stinks...

Yes, If you moved, you would lose your balcony, and the orange clan. And Cal would not have any roaming space.
~~
*Get going early. Quick morning stuff.
* I should go out and pick up something at one of the stores. I am feeling as if it is getting down to the wire with Covid restrictions. We, Massachusetts, has over 1,000 daily cases... Some cities are "Rolling Back" a step.
* See if I can seek out Eric for a chat.

I had a bad night.. I did doze off for a few minutes, on the recliner, with Geffie on my lap.
I began getting a background nagging headache. Went to bed, thinking I needed some sleep.. it was late for me..

Just lied there, not getting sleepy, petting Geffie. Turned over... not sleepy.. mind racing.. probably about what I had heard.

Ending up getting up, pulled up Star Trek: Voyager, on Pluto. Ended up finally going to bed after 1AM... not good. Geoffrey jumped on my lap, just as I was planning on going to bed. He was not happy when I told him "Uppy, Up, uppy"...I had set my alarm for 6am, for early start. Nope. I shut the alarm off.. Got up after 7am... so a later start to the day.

It is a dark, grey day, with a 50% chance of rain.

My car is going in for a new muffle and some hooks which hole the catalytic converter.. OMG.. so expensive!! It is at the age, where it is needing a ton of work.. and It got damaged so badly, over the past year~~ needs a ton of body work.. no sense on doing it, because the cost is over what it is worth.. sigh... But a muffler and the CAT hooks are vital to get replaced.. ugh...

Just hoping I can somehow catch a break on my expenses during the winter.. sigh..

I have never had such a high balance on any of my cards.. and a low checking account. It is really depressing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry artiemom artiemom and Mia6 Mia6 . You shouldn't have to deal with smokers and a lot of noise in your own homes. artiemom artiemom , I really hope you can talk to the head of the place and get some kind of resolution. If smoking is against the lease, maybe you can do something about it, esp with your asthma. It's really getting you down. I'd be screaming bloody murder, too.

I read an article about Covid and how people are starting to stock up for the winter. Well, I hate to say this, but we are one of those people. I'm starting to keep track of what we may need (paper towels are still really hard to come by around here, for example). And we're going to do a pandemic run, probably early next month. I never thought I'd even be thinking about something like that, but......

Late night for me. It was after 1:00 til I really dropped off. I was tired, but just couldn't relax enough to drop off. So when Rick got up with the girls this morning, I turned the blanket back on and snuggled in. Pretty soon, I heard the door open and Mollipop padded in and jumped on the bed. She came over to me and we cuddled. And that was that until 9:00. Now we're back in the computer with me at the deck and Mollipop on her red pillow in front of the windows.
  • After I finish my coffee, I have peppers to work on.
  • Must start a Lowes list and a grocery list.
  • It's raining, so nothing major going on outside today. I need to water the shed plants and do a vacuum and swiffer out there.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester What will you buy when you do a pandemic run?

I was stocked up on paper towels. Bounty double-sized.9 rolls to a pack I bought them over a month ago
and still have 4 left. I prefer Bounty Select-a-Size but they were hard to find in bulk.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry artiemom artiemom artiemom artiemom and Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 . You shouldn't have to deal with smokers and a lot of noise in your own homes. artiemom artiemom artiemom artiemom , I really hope you can talk to the head of the place and get some kind of resolution. If smoking is against the lease, maybe you can do something about it, esp with your asthma. It's really getting you down. I'd be screaming bloody murder, too.
Thanks,. You are really right. I am getting down from the expectation of issues.
I thought I had it straightened out with the neighbor across the hall.. I was happy.. really happy...

Now, after hearing what I heard about the new neighbor.. well, I am really down, and angry that I have to go through this again.

I did a bad thing. I really bad thing.. The new neighbor is moving in. I heard a lot of noise, so I opened my door. I saw that movers were taking furniture in. Without a mask, I could smell that funky funky smell I was told about. It is the well of old stale cigarette smoke, dirty--like in dirt, and stinky cheap perfume or incense. UGH....

The door was open. I put my mask on, bathrobe still on, and walked in. I looked, and could not see anyone. I was about to leave, when her grandson came out of the bedroom, confronted me.. saying to get out!! Get Out... he was about to call the front desk on me..

I was livid. I knew I was in the wrong... but... I had to say my piece. II told him that I was a neighbor, heard that she is a smoker, and using stinky incense. That she is on record as having complaints from her current neighbors. I told him that she better not be doing that in here.
He insisted I get out, I said, ok.. please tell her.. he would not say he that he would; instead insisting I leave or he would call.. I insisted that he relay my message.
Finally I left...

OMG>.. what did I do?? I think that worrying about having to go through this again, and once I smelt the stinky dirty smell.. I just flipped out...
And then knowing she has a demon dog which she lets roam the corridor!! No way.. Geoffrey is frightened enough of the demon dog next door... All I need is this dog to come up to my door, pee on it, or try to get in... no way..

This is why I wanted to take to Eric... but, he is ignoring my calls... sigh.. Do not know if it is a good idea or not. I left a couple messages that I wanted to talk to him unofficially/officially... just chat.. I wanted to give him a heads up that I would probably be calling his staff and him, to complain about smoking and about what I had heard... I guess I just wanted to justify my probable future actions... sigh.. stupid..

My anxiety really came out... in vicious forms..

I just feel as if I did a bad thing... As soon as I heard she was a smoker, I knew we were not going to be friendly.. so I made an enemy first, instead of later. dm.

*I had a bad day;
* was shredding junk mail.. did not realize there was a coin in with one.. yup. broke my shredder.. jammed it good...
* had to run out and buy a new one
* Trying to unjam it, I bent a screwdriver!!!
* tried to move the chair, it caught, falling over with me on it... OMG.. I thought I broke the chair.. thank God. no... not even loosened joints....
**** Distributed Halloween candy to all the staff in here. I bought too much. I do not want it in here..

Very bad day....

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally moved the leftover bricks from my patio project from my driveway to my garage. The downside was that they were frozen together so I had to pry them apart. I'm also doing a couple of loads of laundry and I hope to finish crocheting a penguin for my niece Amelia.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am so sorry you are going through this. Does grandson live there or was he just helping her move? Maybe try speaking with neighbor directly, tell her smoking bothers you. Suggest the rolled up towel and Odo-Ban I told you about for her to use. I think the people who told you about her and dog stirred the pot. Please try and see how it plays out, with her moving in, the smell, etc. Does Eric usually get back to you in a timely manner? :hugs:

regular stuff

have my warm sweats in the dryer

Kaylee has to go back to the store because she didn't get a few things on the list. The loss of an hour per day
is more difficult than I thought. I thought I'd be able to read outside yesterday, got rugged up, parka with hood,
warm sweats, very warm boots that have NeverWet technology, not waterproof but very warm even in damp
weather. but once I got outside it was just too chilly, that damp chill that goes through your bones.
It's soon going to get way too cold for sitting on the deck. I'm going to miss it.
Yep, you're so right, Pam.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Again, thank you.. It was my anxiety getting to me, which caused the outburst. and the bad day... I think Covid is stirring the pot.. I really do.

I do not listen to gossip, I really do not. I hear, and then try to form my own opinions. I think that because of the previous situation I had finally resolved with my neighbor across the hall, caused me to just freak out.. and the person warning me, is a good guy, who does not lie.
UGH...

I do not want to stir up trouble, but it always seems to come to me.. I never do the appropriate thing.

The grandson was just helping her move. I doubt if he said anything to her. She is very loud. She is having the maintain guys come in to do a ton to the apartment. It was in good shape before she moved it. I know the woman in there kept it up, and did a ton of up keeping in it.

I think I am getting more anxious and depressed because of Covid. They keep mentioning he surge.. we have it really bad around here.. Trying to stock up as much as I can. I guess being in strict quarantine, in only my apartment for 8 weeks did affect me emotionally. I fear it happening, again..

I try not to watch the news, but it is everywhere... and the election.

Today:
* drop car off for new muffler, and stuff
* Try to see if I can hitch a ride home with their shuttle, or get a loaner car.
It will be in there all day.. I think If it is after dark, I will just ask them to keep it overnight.
* A friend in here, is on call to either pick me up, and/or to drop me off.....
* Depends on my car situation..
** either stay in, pick up..... keep the TV off... stay off Twitter.. and try to isolate myself from the news.
***If I do have a loaner car, it is more shopping.. I feel as if I need to keep stocking up, although I have no room, and definitely cannot afford it. Keep telling myself that I will monetarily catch up, in the new year. I will be using my 'supplies'...

To answer your question; I think Eric is avoiding me. No, he does not answer my calls. or even my emails anymore. He told me that he is desperately trying to be administrative, only, but it is not working out.. I think it may be a bad idea to tell him... I think he is aware of the situation with the new neighbor, from her previous apartment.

I am feeling that it all stems from Covid Anxiety... my own anxiety and depression issues, Covid adding to it, my social issues also... Sometimes I have a hard time reigning myself in.. it is all or none.
Stuff I have been working on for years.. it rears its ugly head, when I get stressed, anxious.

Having experienced the full quarantine, I guess did more to my psyche, that I thought.. and the constant repitious nature of this.. and the Season.. I also have Seasonal Depression.. so.. the cold weather, the shorter, darker days, are all adding to this vicious circle..
Instead of being strong... I am caving in...

Enough of my venting... thank you anyone for listening...

Just going through a bad time... and trying to be supportive and positive for a friend who lost her sister to Covid, earlier this year. She is a mess.. I guess daily calling her, is depressing me even more.. rehashing things, is getting to me....

I think I need a funny movie... and good music, and to cook something really satisfying... I do not know what... but.. I need to do something constructive.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I am so very sorry. Yeah, you probably did over-react (just a wee bit), but I completely understand. If Eric usually gets back to you quickly, he's probably trying to figure out how to answer your concerns. If he doesn't, can you contact his boss? And his boss? And so on? Til you get to the company who owns the complex? Remember, it's the squeaky wheel.... And I do know what you mean about the whole Covid thing. Can't go anywhere, can't do much at all. I understand. I feel badly for your friend. And I'm just so very sorry for everything you're going through. After a while, it just all adds up. We have stopped watching the national news; after a while, it just gets to be too much. Even Rick, who is one of the calmest, steadiest people I know, went on a verbal rampage yesterday. Politics really suck. Combine that with Covid and it just gets ugly. And you're going through so much more. I hope your car won't cost you too much.

Mia6 Mia6 We will be stocking up on spring water, not for us so much, as for the girls. They only drink spring water. Canned foods (beans, for example, tuna, soups, etc.). Paper products. Canned cat food, starting to buy in bulk from Chewy. Rick wants to start storing some paper stuff in the basement pantry (as far as we know there are no mice or anything); as I mentioned before, good paper towels are still in short supply at our Giant. They're trying to sell a lot of the really crappy stuff. Anyway, things like that, that we can use if we have to. We are not people who throw things away; we do use what we buy. If we need the stuff, we have it. And if not, well, we won't have to go for groceries for a while.

I did not get the apple butter made because, yet again, I didn't really have enough apples left. So we will munch on the remainder and let it go at that.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Go through the pantry to see what we need for groceries, still working on that grocery list.
  • Make pizza dough balls for tonight.
  • If the weather holds and I can get Dear Richard out of the house for a while this afternoon, I want to vacuum, swiffer, clean, etc. the house. (I clean better when he's outside :paperbag:)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I think I need a funny movie... and good music, and to cook something really satisfying... I do not know what... but.. I need to do something constructive.
That's the spirit! I read a few COVID19 articles, then don't read anything for the rest of the day.
I bet you can cook something really well, then eat while you're watching a good movie. :hugs: 🙏

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, friends...

I had a good talk with myself. I decided I am going through Pandemic PTSD... I coined the phrase.

Today, I am doing nothing...not much of anything. It is going to be a "be good to me day:.

*Right now I have Zen Meditation Music on my Alexa ...
*I am avoiding the news..
*Will be doing regular morning stuff... very soon... lazy
*Car is being fixed. I got a ride back home.. hopefully, I can get them to pick me up. It may be ready in 4 hours. Expensive, but needs to be done. I do not want a muffler or catalytic convertor to fall off.
*Change my bed linens
*** my friend called me very early. She said the grocery store is mobbed with people having over flowing carts... tons of water, turkeys, stuffing, all going ...... I cannot panic. I have to have faith..

I listened to her.. and then told her how I am feeling: I have done as much as I can. This is Pandemic PTSD. I have stocked and stocked and stocked. I have done as much as I possibly can. I have absolutely no room in here to stock up on everything.

I cannot spend the rest of the time, before bad weather, or a possible quarantine, worrying and running around at all early hours of the day for supplies.
I just cannot do it. It eats me up alive.. I become an ugly monster.. not giving in to it..

I was strong enough to survive the 8 weeks of quarantine. I have to re-discover that strength. I can do it. I am not alone. There are 240 tenants in this building. We are all in the same boat. We will not be forgotten. No way.. I survived before, I can and will survive again...

I will catch up on my credit card balance, slowly... when I am using my supply.. If I run out, Well, there is always InstaCart for groceries... Expensive, but.... it is there..

Now, I have to get off my butt... and do some things...

I am sorry I vented to you...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, friends...

I had a good talk with myself. I decided I am going through Pandemic PTSD... I coined the phrase.

Today, I am doing nothing...not much of anything. It is going to be a "be good to me day:.

*Right now I have Zen Meditation Music on my Alexa ...
*I am avoiding the news..
*Will be doing regular morning stuff... very soon... lazy
*Car is being fixed. I got a ride back home.. hopefully, I can get them to pick me up. It may be ready in 4 hours. Expensive, but needs to be done. I do not want a muffler or catalytic convertor to fall off.
*Change my bed linens
*** my friend called me very early. She said the grocery store is mobbed with people having over flowing carts... tons of water, turkeys, stuffing, all going ...... I cannot panic. I have to have faith..

I listened to her.. and then told her how I am feeling: I have done as much as I can. This is Pandemic PTSD. I have stocked and stocked and stocked. I have done as much as I possibly can. I have absolutely no room in here to stock up on everything.

I cannot spend the rest of the time, before bad weather, or a possible quarantine, worrying and running around at all early hours of the day for supplies.
I just cannot do it. It eats me up alive.. I become an ugly monster.. not giving in to it..

I was strong enough to survive the 8 weeks of quarantine. I have to re-discover that strength. I can do it. I am not alone. There are 240 tenants in this building. We are all in the same boat. We will not be forgotten. No way.. I survived before, I can and will survive again...

I will catch up on my credit card balance, slowly... when I am using my supply.. If I run out, Well, there is always InstaCart for groceries... Expensive, but.... it is there..

Now, I have to get off my butt... and do some things...

I am sorry I vented to you...
I am glad you are trying to take a breather. It is going to be okay and all of this will pass. My favorite, beautiful line from Tim Hanks in Castaway that I repeat when I feel panicked: “ I knew then what I had to do. Keep on breathing. For tomorrow the sun will rise and who knows what the tide may bring.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

make a list for Kaylee I want some southern fired chicken breast from the deli at Giant Eagle for sandwiches. Also Land-Lakes
sharp American cheddar for grilled cheeses.

Will attempt to trim the hair between Cal's toes. She hates it and I usually get a scratch or two. I'll wait till she's
sleepy and do them one by one, stretch it out. It's really long and she's fussy about anything being entrapped in
the hairs.Will wash some throws. May read or watch a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.