Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I had to rearrange hockey pennants that are on our rec room wall because Gracie discovered the hole in the wall that my husband left open because of the pipes when he was finishing off our basement. Of course, Gracie jumps up into the hole and almost ends up in the wall/behind the drywall. I had to cover up the hole with something so she couldn't get up there which meant having to rearrange other stuff to fill in the gaps. Meanwhile, Gracie was climbing up the step ladder that I brought down just in case I needed it.
she sounds like a handful there lol

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she sounds like a handful there lol
She is. Even when my kids were little, they didn't cause as much trouble as Gracie does. God help us in December when we get a Christmas tree. No doubt Gracie will think she is the angel that belongs on top of the tree.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
She is. Even when my kids were little, they didn't cause as much trouble as Gracie does. God help us in December when we get a Christmas tree. No doubt Gracie will think she is the angel that belongs on top of the tree.
on your pic of them which cat is she ? and which one is boone

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on your pic of them which cat is she ? and which one is boone
Boone is on the left (back) and Gracie is on the right (foreground). For some reason, Boone likes to lay on Gracie and for an even stranger reason, Gracie enjoys it even though her brother is a lot heavier than her. I guess it's the "weighted blanket" effect. 🤷‍♀️

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick Even when we had eight cats in the house, we never gave up on Christmas trees. The secret? We wire the tree in the living room to the wall! We have two hooks in the baseboard (there's usually a chair there and the hooks are down far enough to the floor, so you don't see them). Then when we put the tree up, we wrap a green wire around the tree and wrap the wire into the hooks. It works. The cats may get into the tree (Tabby is really good at that), but they can't knock it down. Now....if I could just figure out how to keep Mollipop away from the top of the kitchen cabinets! She's just lucky she's so cute.

XmasMollipop.jpg

Amber was screaming loudly this morning, starting at 2:30. We have no idea why when our cats become elderly they have to start screaming bloody murder so early in the morning. We've dealt with this for pretty much every cat we've ever had. Ms. Pepe was really bad....or so we thought. Amber has her beat by a mile. Such shrieking from such a little girl. We just lie in bed until 6:00 and let her scream it out. There's really nothing else we can do. It gets on our nerves and we think it even gets on the other cats' nerves as well. She just walks around the house, screaming. We talked to the vet and she said older cats can be known for that. I don't know why we got all the screamers. Rick got up and fed them at 6:00 and now she's quiet. But I was wide awake, so I got up, too. Made my coffee (in the Ninja!) and am sitting back here.

We had the bedroom windows open last night. Our lows were in the 50s and it was nice to have the fresh air. This week, we are to get back into the 70s for a couple of days. And then we'll cool back down again.
  • We're trying to figure out if it's going to rain today. We may run down for apples this morning and on the way back, stop at a nursery. They have hemlock trees and Rick would like to have two of them. We don't have any hemlocks on our property and they're pretty. The guy sells only those plants that are native to PA and he has quite the collection. And he's a real bear about the whole mask thing, so we feel a little safer anyway. We don't want to walk around the nursery in the rain. But I'm dying for a good Granny Smith apple. I'm telling you, I can almost taste the thing. (We try to do things during the week when, hopefully, there are fewer people around. And then usually from Friday night and through the weekend, we don't leave our property when more people are out and about.)
  • If we decide not to do the apple thing, I'm going to work on laundry and clean the house. And then vacuum and swiffer in the shed.
  • I need to work on tomatoes. Will put them in the dehydrator to go overnight. I find it amazing that we're still harvesting from the garden!

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick Even when we had eight cats in the house, we never gave up on Christmas trees. The secret? We wire the tree in the living room to the wall! We have two hooks in the baseboard (there's usually a chair there and the hooks are down far enough to the floor, so you don't see them). Then when we put the tree up, we wrap a green wire around the tree and wrap the wire into the hooks. It works. The cats may get into the tree (Tabby is really good at that), but they can't knock it down. Now....if I could just figure out how to keep Mollipop away from the top of the kitchen cabinets! She's just lucky she's so cute.

View attachment 355652

Amber was screaming loudly this morning, starting at 2:30. We have no idea why when our cats become elderly they have to start screaming bloody murder so early in the morning. We've dealt with this for pretty much every cat we've ever had. Ms. Pepe was really bad....or so we thought. Amber has her beat by a mile. Such shrieking from such a little girl. We just lie in bed until 6:00 and let her scream it out. There's really nothing else we can do. It gets on our nerves and we think it even gets on the other cats' nerves as well. She just walks around the house, screaming. We talked to the vet and she said older cats can be known for that. I don't know why we got all the screamers. Rick got up and fed them at 6:00 and now she's quiet. But I was wide awake, so I got up, too. Made my coffee (in the Ninja!) and am sitting back here.

We had the bedroom windows open last night. Our lows were in the 50s and it was nice to have the fresh air. This week, we are to get back into the 70s for a couple of days. And then we'll cool back down again.
  • We're trying to figure out if it's going to rain today. We may run down for apples this morning and on the way back, stop at a nursery. They have hemlock trees and Rick would like to have two of them. We don't have any hemlocks on our property and they're pretty. The guy sells only those plants that are native to PA and he has quite the collection. And he's a real bear about the whole mask thing, so we feel a little safer anyway. We don't want to walk around the nursery in the rain. But I'm dying for a good Granny Smith apple. I'm telling you, I can almost taste the thing. (We try to do things during the week when, hopefully, there are fewer people around. And then usually from Friday night and through the weekend, we don't leave our property when more people are out and about.)
  • If we decide not to do the apple thing, I'm going to work on laundry and clean the house. And then vacuum and swiffer in the shed.
  • I need to work on tomatoes. Will put them in the dehydrator to go overnight. I find it amazing that we're still harvesting from the garden!
Growing up, we had a hook in the ceiling to wire the Christmas tree to it so the cats wouldn't knock it down. We will have to figure something out because I need a Christmas tree. I have lights on top of of cabinets at the moment and Boone and Gracie ignore them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger, living at home; my dad would wire the Christmas Tree to the window. We put the Tree between 2 windows, the wire did not show.
The hook was hidden by the drapes.

Pumpkin was obsessed with the tree, eating it, the ornaments, and will climbing it. Sheused to eat everything except food!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a COVID test today because my throat has been feeling weird the last couple of days. I have some things happening this weekend that I want to attend, so I got the test as a precaution. I drove downtown (in a snowstorm) to get it because I wanted to make sure I got the results before Saturday. I also worked today.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Aw....Amber.....the Vincie girl did that but I thought it was because she was deaf
. Maybe she would've done it anyway, miss her. :rbheart:

regular stuff

put a load of smalls in the washer

Moving slowly today.....the rain makes me stiff. I received my absentee ballot yesterday so I'll work on that.
Some bedding needs washed and clothes folded. Make a list for Kaylee.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Every elderly cat we've ever had has screamed long and loud in the morning. It's annoying to say the least. They know that breakfast is at 6:00, but they'd always start in around 4:00, sometimes 3:30. Screaming and caterwauling; if the neighbors could hear her, I'm sure they'd think she was being tortured. I'm really dreading the time change. Since I'm retired, I can feed them and go back to bed, if I want, but that seems like such a waste of a day. I'm usually wide awake by that point, and, if I go back to bed, it takes forever to fall back asleep, and then I'd sleep until 10 or 11:00. And that IS a waste of a day.

We did not get apples yesterday as we got busy with other things. I don't think we'll get there today either, so am hoping for tomorrow.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I took most of the tomato halves out of the dehydrator, but kept a few that are still a bit sticky. I'll grind them after I'm finished perusing TCS and other sites. (I used two tablespoons of powder in my spaghetti sauce yesterday....it was good!)
  • A vacuum and swiffer throughout the house, wipe down bathroom, all that good stuff.
I'd really like to have Dear Richard wash the windows outside today, since it's going to be so nice. I can do the ones in the bedroom and the computer room, but the others need to be done outside on a ladder. And I know that won't go over well with Rick. But it really does need to be done. He's been working on leaves and the garden.

He told me that he was talking to an older couple the other day when on his walk. They were out decorating for Christmas since the weather was so nice. Their dog came over to say Hello, so he stopped for a few minutes. The lady asked him where he lived and he was trying to tell her. And then she said, "Wait! You live in the RugCats' house!" Turns out she used to be our mail person and the RugCats (RugCats was the collective name for our furkids) used to have their own little mail box. She always got a kick out of that. I was on another cat board for quite a while and everybody was rather close. We'd have contests (Secret Santas, secret pals, all kinds of stuff) and people were always mailing stuff to other people's cats. And she was our mail person during that time. She remembered our cats!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was kind of busy:
*regular morning stuff
*brushed Geoffrey
*dumped and cleaned the litter box
*washed down the tub
* revacuumed several times after the litter box, 'episode'
*ran down to get mail

The Episode: As I usually do, I vacuum up the stray litter, in my regular morning routine. There was extra litter because I did not vacuum the day before.

When I was dumping the used litter; from the box to the plastic bag; there was a hole in the bag!!!
Yup, litter pouring out of it!! Good thing it was confined to the litter mat.

Living in an apartment, without a balcony or windows which the screens slide; I was a bit upset. I did not want to vacuum up that large amount. I ended up rolling up the litter mat, trying to fit the end into another plastic bag, without spilling anything. It did not work as well as I expected. Litter got out... ugh...

I ended up folding up the mat, shaking it out on the back stairwell.. no one uses it.

Then I had to vacuum up the mess... All this before cleaning the box!!
Litter was everywhere... in my bare feet, between my toes... etc, you get it..

Finished up with the box..(clean litter also came out of the box, as I will filling up the litter box), placed the bags of used litter outside the apartment--to be take to the trash room, and down the chute.

Had to revacuum the bathroom, kitchen.
Then it was time to wash the tub!! ugh...
After doing that, I had to place the heavy used litter bags on my mini-flatbed, and roll down to the trash room. Then lift them up to the chute.
Still finding litter, upon my return... more vacuuming....

Last step was letting the bathroom dry, and replacing stuff... ugh...

I ran down to the mailroom---in my very old running shorts and mens's t-shirt---my heavy duty cleaning clothes... I did not care how I looked.. No one saw me!!

That was the end of my day.. just sat, ate, and drank water the rest of the day...

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*Need to clean filter in AC unit and air purifier..
*pay a few bills
*make a business phone call
*Clean rest of bathroom...
I got ups t 3Am to use bathroom. Geoffrey copied me.. Then, it was non stop! He would not let me get back to sleep! OMG..Crying in my ear, walking all over me---14 lbs of pressure i each step!!
Omgosh.. Finally, I dozed a bit~~ not much, because he was after me, again!! Finally got up at 7am.. I endured 4 hours of his antics...

All because he ran out of food!!! What a crazed cat!! I created a monster!!!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made the stupid mistake of watching Unsolved Mysteries while I worked today and that show always freaked me out as a teenager for some reason (the theme song was in a nightmare I had once too and I've never been the same :lol: ) so I'm walking around my house like a scared rabbit. The two other things I've done today: I am currently collecting all the trash and recycling since it's trash pickup tomorrow. I also got my COVID test results today and they were negative (which I suspected), so I can do the things I wanted to this weekend.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was kind of busy:
*regular morning stuff
*brushed Geoffrey
*dumped and cleaned the litter box
*washed down the tub
* revacuumed several times after the litter box, 'episode'
*ran down to get mail

The Episode: As I usually do, I vacuum up the stray litter, in my regular morning routine. There was extra litter because I did not vacuum the day before.

When I was dumping the used litter; from the box to the plastic bag; there was a hole in the bag!!!
Yup, litter pouring out of it!! Good thing it was confined to the litter mat.

Living in an apartment, without a balcony or windows which the screens slide; I was a bit upset. I did not want to vacuum up that large amount. I ended up rolling up the litter mat, trying to fit the end into another plastic bag, without spilling anything. It did not work as well as I expected. Litter got out... ugh...

I ended up folding up the mat, shaking it out on the back stairwell.. no one uses it.

Then I had to vacuum up the mess... All this before cleaning the box!!
Litter was everywhere... in my bare feet, between my toes... etc, you get it..

Finished up with the box..(clean litter also came out of the box, as I will filling up the litter box), placed the bags of used litter outside the apartment--to be take to the trash room, and down the chute.

Had to revacuum the bathroom, kitchen.
Then it was time to wash the tub!! ugh...
After doing that, I had to place the heavy used litter bags on my mini-flatbed, and roll down to the trash room. Then lift them up to the chute.
Still finding litter, upon my return... more vacuuming....

Last step was letting the bathroom dry, and replacing stuff... ugh...

I ran down to the mailroom---in my very old running shorts and mens's t-shirt---my heavy duty cleaning clothes... I did not care how I looked.. No one saw me!!

That was the end of my day.. just sat, ate, and drank water the rest of the day...

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*Need to clean filter in AC unit and air purifier..
*pay a few bills
*make a business phone call
*Clean rest of bathroom...
I got ups t 3Am to use bathroom. Geoffrey copied me.. Then, it was non stop! He would not let me get back to sleep! OMG..Crying in my ear, walking all over me---14 lbs of pressure i each step!!
Omgosh.. Finally, I dozed a bit~~ not much, because he was after me, again!! Finally got up at 7am.. I endured 4 hours of his antics...

All because he ran out of food!!! What a crazed cat!! I created a monster!!!
You really had a bad day of box cleaning.💖 I hope things have been better.

regular stuff

Drying towels that I washed last night after I did a second rinse.

Make a list for Kaylee. Put a load of throws in washer. Hope to finish my book as it's due back tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I've had that happen! It's not funny when you leave a trail of litter every place you go!

And we're off to do our apple thing. I have markers in my purse so we know which bag will be for pies and which bag will be for sauce. I'm completely out of storage containers, so I bought some quart freezer bags for the applesauce. I also bought some 2-gallon freezer bags, which will be used to store the pies and apple dumplings. Let the bins be full of Grannies!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a crazy morning:

*up at normal time. Geoffrey let me sleep.. but I do not feel rested. I did have a crazy dream during the night, then I got up for the BR around 2am. I think the dream stopped and I was able to get some sleep.
*Earlier shower. Man, this cardiac monitor is making showering a pain.. It is a small one, with only 2 leads. Trying not to get it wet.. My entire shower routine is messed up. Will have to wash my hair in the kitchen sink. It is only for 2 weeks. I can manage. I do hope I get a reason for the palpations I am getting.. and the occasional breathlessness and dizziness. The Stress/echo was pretty normal.. so...
*No regular morning stuff--except for giving Geoffie his laxatone
* Went to Grocery store. Bought double what I thought. It was mobbed! Unbelievable! This time, they did not have any toilet bowl cleaner!!! Two weeks ago, they had a ton... so strange how things are going in spurts. Managed to get a small container of Lysol wipes. They had a ton of recycled paper napkins, and PT and T; but no TB cleaner... weird.. Yesterday, I used the last of the bottle. I do have one in reserve, but......

Feeling so lazy now.. hoping one of the guys will drop in, so I can raise up the curtain rods, an inch or so. I will deal with hemming the 84 inch length one, much later. Window is an odd length; 73 inch too short, 84 is too long... need about an 80 inch length.

Iced coffee has not kicked in, as of yet...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope they can find a reason for the palpitations! That has to be scary.
We're having trouble finding paper towels, well, good paper towels. Our Giant has very, very off-the-wall brands and they're terrible. Very thin and not absorbent at all. We've been going to Target for Bounty and/or Brawny. And we're down to our last roll. Another item that I've noticed is in short supply is canned beans. There's usually enough canned kidney beans to cover the very front of the grocery shelves, but that's it. And I've not found butter beans in quite a while. I try to keep a stockpile of canned beans in the basement pantry as well as a supply of dried beans in the kitchen pantry.

I'm tired this morning. While I did not watch the whole debate last night (we voted last week), I did watch a snippet or two. But then I couldn't handle it, so switched to another channel. But I did watch quite a bit of the aftermath, so it was a late night (or early morning, depending on how you want to look at it). Restless night....it was very warm last night and we had all the windows open. I couldn't get comfortable and kept turning and turning. Rick even told me to knock it off. And Muffin finally snorted a couple times and left; she hopped off the bed and into her buggy for the rest of the night.

Rick will be busy this afternoon. He's got the hemlock and the red-twigged dogwood to plant, plus some perennials that he bought. I'm still trying to get him to wash windows. He told me to make a list of what I wanted done....well, I did that back at the beginning of the summer and the list "mysteriously" disappeared. He needs to get on the roof this morning; while he was cleaning out gutters the other day, he saw something on one of our sun tunnels in the kitchen....he wants to make the tunnel isn't cracked. It's not in the tunnel itself, but on the frame. He hates getting on the roof (and I don't blame him).
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • I need to chop peppers as Rick had brought a bunch down from the garden and they're nice and red now. And I'll have to dehydrate tomatoes overnight tonight.
  • Making apple dumplings and apple pies this morning. I had found an interesting recipe for an apple blueberry pie that used canned blueberry pie filling. Since I always have a ton of blueberries, I figured I could just make my own blueberry pie filling to go with the Grannies. But now I can't find the recipe! I'm going to keep looking for it; it has to be around somewhere. I had seen it on FB, so I checked all my recipe/baking favorites on FB, but it's not there. Darn.
  • If I have time, there are two loads of laundry in the hamper that I can do. If I have time. If not, tomorrow is another day.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
Boone is on the left (back) and Gracie is on the right (foreground). For some reason, Boone likes to lay on Gracie and for an even stranger reason, Gracie enjoys it even though her brother is a lot heavier than her. I guess it's the "weighted blanket" effect. 🤷‍♀️
i love their colors . i just want to scoop them up and love on them lol:petcat:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love their colors . i just want to scoop them up and love on them lol:petcat:
No such luck there. I am the only one who can hold Boone and it's not for too long. Gracie acts like she is completely revolted that somebody dares to pick her up. The only time either likes being picked up is when I hold them up to the ceiling fan. They love the air on their faces and trying to catch the moving blades.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash bedding and towels

Clean bathrooms

Help husband load up his car rotisserie so he can take it to a friend's house who needs it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I did get 20 apple dumplings made yesterday, but only 2 pies. One was a regular two-crust pie and the other was a caramel-raisin-apple pie. I took a covered pan out to the front walk behind the holly bushes and my sister came in and picked it up; we talked, but I was in the living room and she was outside. Rick and I each had one for supper, then had another one later on last night. They are good. And everything else made it into the freezer in the basement. I don't know how Rick found room, but he did.
  • Today is more of the same. I bought an interesting pie book at the apple place. "Pie Academy" by Ken Haedrich. He has a recipe for Cranberry Oatmeal Apple Pie and that's on my list to make today. And an Caramel Apple Pecan Pie. And I want to make two pies with a simple streusel topping. All for the freezer. Then I'm done with pies as that will give me six pies for the freezer. If I can ever find the recipe for the Blueberry Apple Pie, I'll try it. I'm still looking. There are plenty of recipes that use frozen or fresh blueberries; this particular recipe uses canned blueberry filling. I thought I could make my own blueberry filling and use that.
  • Rake up more leaves, if the wind permits. The leaves are flying fast and furious today. Molli is sitting back here at the window, watching the leaves blow around in the wind. She doesn't know where to look first!
  • I need to scoop the boxes. Got the laundry done and that's as far as I've gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.