Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm glad Geoffrey is doing so well!
  • Molli and I lounged until almost 9:00. Then we got up and I had my coffee.
  • We got our ballots, completed them, and are taking them in to hand-deliver them.
  • I need to go to the bank. When I was still working, I had a Christmas club from a local bank. I kept the payments up when I retired. But they turned it into a regular savings account and I don't want it from that particular bank. I'm going in to close the account and get the money. I also need a case of Smirnoff Ice as I'm down to two bottles. A case usually lasts me about two months or so. And since it's getting cooler out, I won't be sitting on the deck that much anymore, so it will last longer.
  • It's been drizzling. It it stops, there's outside work to be done. But I'm not holding my breath.
My BIL called this morning. His sourdough starter died. Every single time I tried to freeze my starter over the summer, it died when I thawed it out and started using it. Within about three weeks, it was red. Not good, not good at all. And I'd throw it out and start over. Well, this year, I said, "No freezing for you. I'm going to feed you over the summer!" and it's still fine. Anyway, at first, he said, no more starter, he was done. Then he called me back and said, "Yeah, I want some starter! I miss the bread already!" So we'll take some up. I miss him. We had started to get together to make our sauerkraut, sausage, etc. I became an expert sausage stuffer! I miss those times. Darn pandemic. Those are the things I really miss. You learn so much when you're side by side for hours!

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1). I got up around 4:30 am and made my hubby his lunch before he headed off.

2). Some light cleaning around the house and made a batch of cinnamon rolls.

3). When hubby gets home we are going to go shopping for some Wagyu beef. I know we are fully stocked up on meat for the winter, but we’ve been wanting to try it.
We’ll also check out seafood and pick up some king crab legs if we find anything decent. We had lobster so much this season, so crab would be awesome.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

put it a small load of dark clothes

Kaylee called off again yesterday. Someone slashed one of her tires and she had a blowout on her way to work.
The tire slashing has something to do with her pregnancy that she didn't tell me about till yesterday. She also
has court on Monday morning for a speeding ticket. She pled not guilty, groan. I spoke with Jon and he said she
will come in after court, that it shouldn't take longer than an hour. He sounded as fed up as I am. My nephew came
with new toilet seats and I told him him about it. He went off, "where do they find these people???? Lisa and Nicole,
(not sis) were your only good helpers!" He said a lot more which I won't repeat. I did as much as I could then had to
stop. Sat out and read for a bit, bundled up.

It's going to be nice today although cool. Sunny, low humidity. I think I can sit out for a bit.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash sheets and towels

Clean bathrooms

I finally broke down and shut the windows and turned on the heat. That means I need to flip the switch on our ceiling fans so they push the heat downwards.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 You are not doing well with helpers!

Turned our ballots in yesterday! Yay! It's done and that's that. We celebrated by buying two cases of Smirnoff Ice...and I gave one of my co-workers a 12-pack. SI is becoming difficult to find around here; I don't know why. My co-worker looked all over the place for it and I went to 3 distributors yesterday before finding it. So I just bought 2 and shared some of the second case. It's weird, I simply despise the taste of most beer (I'll drink Molson Golden and St. Pauli Girl, but that's pretty much it) and I don't like most wine coolers either. But I do like Smirnoff. I prefer the original, but will drink the flavors, if I have to.

We always try to go to the beginning of November to turn on the house heat. I have the shed heat turned on because of the violets. Rick always take apart the electric registers in each room and cleans them out with the vacuum, checks for kitty toys, all that stuff. Then we'll turn the heat on. We had the electric blanket on High last night, pretty much all night and the cats really appreciated the heat. They were all up tight against us all night.

Hmmm, just the usual stuff around here.
  • Breakfast for the girls, scooped boxes, emptied the dishwasher.
  • Need to straighten the computer room a bit as I have cookbooks all over the place again.
  • We need to check out the garden; we went down to at least 30 overnight, maybe lower. The peppers are covered as are the strawberries, but that was it. And at 30, a light covering may not have been enough for the peppers. Rick brought down a bunch of turning peppers yesterday, but there were still a bunch of pure green ones up there. We're only up to about 34 now and it's.....almost 10:00.
  • Whatever suits my fancy this afternoon. Usually when Rick watches football, I hit the shed for some X-Files. And I think PennState comes back today, but aren't sure. Might be next week. But whoever is playing, he'll be watching. It's still football.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
You are not doing well with helpers!
Ha!!! I know, Pam. I did a lot yesterday.....as much laundry as possible, dishes,
put bleach in the tub and all the sinks and toilets. I'm feeling it today but it's done.
It's 47 here and when it warms up around 2:00pm I think I'll be able to sit on deck
and read for a bit. I love The X-Files as well!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday afternoon was busy! While Rick worked at clipping in the front yard flower bed, I was over at the shed, also clipping and raking leaves and pine needles. Took the plants out of the window boxes, swept the deck and patio. It looks good now, but most of the maple leaves haven't even fallen yet. I'll be doing that quite a bit for a while. We were outside all afternoon and working at a little bit of everything. Clipping hosta, ferns, and the flowers, raking tons of leaves, all that good stuff. It was nice.

It's going to be another beautiful fall day here. Rick is bowling this afternoon, but I'll do some work outside. At some point, we'll have to put the rocking chairs and Dad's Adirondack chair in the basement along with the little things we have outside. I hate to have to put them away; it means the snow is coming and sooner than I would like. Our local weather-weenie said something about the "four-letter word that begins with S" the other night and I just whimpered. :) Oh not yet, but it's just a matter of time.
  • Mollipop, Tabby, and I lounged until 8:30. Rick said that he opened the bedroom door for Molli to go in and Tabby was right behind her. I awakened and both girls were tucked in among the folds of the electric blanket. They were nice and warm. I started talking to them and they came up to me, settled back down, and sacked back out. Tabby, esp, dearly loves the warmth. Anyway, we got out of bed, I gave all the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, and enjoyed my coffee. Then I stripped the bed down and put fresh sheets on. Scooped the boxes.
  • I have two chicken quarters in the apple cider with just a wee bit of kosher salt to marinate until 3:00 or so. The sweet potatoes are simmering on the stove for the sweet potato pie. And I have the second of three loads of laundry in the washer. I put our Biden/Harris signs back in the yard (we take them down at night because otherwise somebody will steal them; they've been stealing B/H signs all over the neighborhood). Then I went out to the shed and raised the blinds. And took Muffin for a walk around the yard. She and I also visited with a neighbor while Rick was taking the flannel sheets off our peppers and strawberries.
  • I'll be working outside this afternoon for a while. After dinner, I'll watch more X-Files. Still on season one. I've watched this episodes so many times that I know them by heart.
The Ninja Hot and Cold Brewer should be here sometime tomorrow. I'm really excited! :hyper:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

not sure when K will be here as she has to go to court for speeding ticket

All day rain today...we've had so much sun this past summer so I'm not used to the gloom but
we need it. The police showed up here on Saturday because someone called a welfare check
in for my weird neighbor. She has physical and mental probs as well. I told them I had not seen
or spoken with her since Friday morning. They asked so many questions. I called her mother,
left a message on vm. The police left and asked me to call them if I got a hold of her. Her phone
only rang once but I sent her a text. She called me from an unknown number, said she ran out
of minutes and she would be home in a few hours but didn't arrive till yesterday afternoon. She
is a grown woman, I just wish she would let people know when she is going to be gone. Her
mother hadn't spoken with her since Thursday. and I have no idea who called the police. The
police wanted me to call landlord but she was in Stow, about 20 miles from here..wanted her to
open the door. They decided against that. Way too much drama....

Winchester Winchester Pam, I feel like watching the entire X-Files series, ha!!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Earn $15 for bill
2. Earn $9 for cat food
3. Look into styrofoam boxes, cooler or containers to make a weatherproof feeding station. (I have damaged nerves in both hands and frozen shoulder so styrofoam is easier to work with then plastic tubs). I also have lots of black trash bags and gorilla tape

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The X-Files are certainly better than what we're living with right now!

I'm doing....absolutely nothing....today. Not a blasted thing.

I lounged with Molli and Tabby and then we got up. Gave them their after-breakfast breakfast and had my coffee. And have been sitting at the computer pretty much ever since.

It's a do as little as I possibly can kind of day.

ETA: Well, I already screwed that up. Walked out to the kitchen and Rick had brought peppers down from the garden. I washed, chopped, and threw them in the freezer. While I was doing that, he brought some grape tomatoes down. I don't think they can go until tomorrow, so they're roasting in the oven. So much for not doing anything!

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The X-Files are certainly better than what we're living with right now!

Indeed!! I hope you got to do nothing after you roasted the tomatoes.

regular stuff

made a store list for Kaylee

Will put a load of throws in washer.The rain is getting to me. So gloomy. After the unusually sunny summer
with little rain, it's odd to have days of it in a row. I have to finish the book I'm reading in 2 days because
there are holds on it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I had to rearrange hockey pennants that are on our rec room wall because Gracie discovered the hole in the wall that my husband left open because of the pipes when he was finishing off our basement. Of course, Gracie jumps up into the hole and almost ends up in the wall/behind the drywall. I had to cover up the hole with something so she couldn't get up there which meant having to rearrange other stuff to fill in the gaps. Meanwhile, Gracie was climbing up the step ladder that I brought down just in case I needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.