Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the replacement hearing aide for Himself was sent from the factory with the same serial number as the one that he does have so it doesn't work. Sent back, now waiting for a replacement for the replacement.

Load of laundry swishing around in the machine. Have the followup visit for last week's dizziness on first getting up. Which seems to have been corrected by doing the the two minute exercise a few times. Will stop at the IGA in town as I practically go right by it. Then spend time repotting more plants. Did ten or so yesterday. Another 20 should get me close to being done.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vacuum
Finish up the laundry
Make iced hot chocolate

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I spent last night out in the shed. Rick didn't feel like coming out, so I made the bed up and slept like a baby. I always do out there. Awakened around 7:00 and ran into the house to use the bathroom. (I know, we should have put a 1/2-bath out there!) It was nice not awakening at 4:30 to the sounds of Amber screaming for breakfast. Rick dealt with them today.

Sadly, though, I don't know if I'll go back out anymore. Rick said Mollipop spent the night on one of the stairsteps, waiting for me to come back in the house. She did come back to bed, but when she realized I wasn't there, she went back out to the steps. I can't do that to her. It would be so nice if she would just come out with me and be comfortable, but she can't deal with it. She knew where I was; the fact that she spent the night on the steps.....she knew. And I would gladly take her out with me. But she still really cries and fusses. When I came in the house this morning, she was right there at the door, yelling at me. And she's been by my side since I came in the house.

She's used to Rick being gone overnight because he traveled for union stuff. He would pack a bag and she'd watch, but if I didn't pack, she knew it was OK. And all the girls still came back to sleep with me. Rick said Muffin did sleep in bed, but she wouldn't cuddle with him. She stayed on my side, under the covers, all night. Now I feel guilty!
  • Stripped the bed (in the house) down and put flannels on this morning. I was going to do it a couple weeks ago when we had that cold snap, but then when we knew it would warm back up, I just put linen sheets back on. Time for the flannels! I also had my coffee and I need to scoop in a bit.
  • Went back out to the shed, raised the blinds, and watered the plants while cleaning up.
  • I took butter out of the fridge to soften. Going to make the batter for white chip and macadamia nut cookies for Rick's mom today, then put the batter in the fridge to chill. I'll bake the cookies tomorrow morning.
Oh, I did make those apple cider donuts yesterday. They were horrid, simply horrid. Very sour. And they just fell apart. I made 6 donuts and make the rest of them into muffins. Terrible things. I don't know why; the apple cider is fine. Rick said he'll eat them, but bleah. Not making those again. Found the recipe on a blog. :barfgreen:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester sorry to hear about how much Mollipop misses you. I see that happenign to Geoffrey if I ever not spend the night in here. It is really too bad that Molli has not adjusted to the shed. I know how you feel; guilty.

I give you kudos for the idea of the surprise b-day box for Ricks's mom. That is a really sweet idea.

Yesterday:
*reg morning stuff
*played with Geoffrey, twice
* Finished the caulking on the second living room window. It was the top 1/3, so the shoulder was talking to me. It was the worst area to do; but it is done.
Now, to just wipe down the blinds and wash that window, and I will be ready to put up the curtain rod and curtains. Hopefully, this will stop the cold draft during Nor'Easters.. and NE wind.
One of the guys in here will help me with the curtain rod. I need another pair of strong hands.
*Finished up last season's "This Is Us"

Today:
*played briefly with Geoffrey--he found a much more interesting spring thingy to play with
*Quick breakfast
*Grocery store
*ATM at bank
*Rite Aid
*Starbucks~~

Have to do the all the regular morning stuff; shower, vacuum, wash dishes.
Take the rest of the groceries in from the car.
Read local newspaper.
Not much else; unless I feel restless and decide to do the blinds. I think I will let it go until tomorrow.

Planning on roasting a butternut squash cubes, along with a potato... Probably, EVOO, some S&P, and whatever herbs I decide t use: thyme, sage, or Herbs de Provence, Parsley, or just plain...
I have the last of the rotisserie chicken to have with it, for supper...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some brown sugar Pop Tarts for the husband.

Put away some Halloween decor Boone and Gracie kept chewing on

Call Evergreen Disposal again since they never came and replaced our cracked trash can.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some brown sugar Pop Tarts for the husband.

Put away some Halloween decor Boone and Gracie kept chewing on

Call Evergreen Disposal again since they never came and replaced our cracked trash can.
I used to have Evergreen and I did not like them. Since I am in Assisted Living my sister called them to cancel my service. I doubt if they ever came to get the trash can. I understand they just went up on their prices.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks for the kudos! The BDay cards are coming in for her. I still haven't roasted my butternut to make those crescent rolls.

While Rick was bowling yesterday, I did a good vacuum about the house. Cleaned and de-scaled the Keurig as it was overdue. Did a quick swiffer in the kitchen. And wiped down the bathroom and Lysoled all the fixtures and such.
  • Bake the cookies; I made the batter yesterday. They're Rick's Mom's favorite.
  • Going into town; we need to get a BDay card for Evelyn and some chocolate-covered pretzels for her . Go up to the nursing home to pick up her Kindle; I'll disinfect it, clean it, and put new library books on it and we'll take it back up tomorrow when we visit her for her birthday.
  • I have laundry to do at some point. If not today, then tomorrow.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1). Touch up my roots. I prefer to do my own hair instead of going to a salon. I haven’t gone in years.
2). Do some laundry.
3). Prepare and make dinner.
I may make a loaf of bread later on this evening. :)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I hope the migraine is gone for good, Pam. You are so sweet to make the box of pressies for Rick's mom.
She'll be tickled pink! A landmark bd for her! Poor little Molli, she is so stressed when you're not there, sweet girl
artiemom artiemom How are you feeling?

Appt. at Pain Management...first one since COVID19. They are so strict about masks, etc and the best one I have
is a surgical one but it makes my face and nose itch. I should've bought some Benadryl cream.

Gingers are on the wicker chair curled around each other on the warm, thick, red blankie, they look so sweet. Cal went
out for about a half hour. She loves this crisp weather. She doesn't know what to make of the Gingers on her deck, ha!!
Our Vincie girl always had her back..now she's on her own. :rbheart: :hearthrob:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks, you are so sweet to ask about me! I am ok... really
I love the way you have 'adopted' the orange gang!

There is a beautiful white cat hanging around the area. I saw him about 3-4 weeks ago, seeking shelter in the bushes around the building. Now, he is roaming around the entire section of the city.
He came from further down, in another section of the beach. People are tracking him on Next Door.

He is so frightened, that he runs when he gets a look at people... dam

If only he would stay in one area, then someone can feed and trap him. He is a stray. Poor thing..

Yesterday:
*regular morning stuff
*used the furminator on 1/2 of Geoffrey~~ amazing what comes off in one stroke. With the one stroke, the brush is full!! should have gotten the long haired version.
* finished up the window in the living room: washed the woodwork, windows and vertical blind...
ready for the curtains!
* also wiped down the baseboard heat

Today:
* regular morning stuff
* Rite Aid for a prescription, and to buy a new wrist brace. When washing it yesterday, I noticed I really needed a new one...
* put in a request for one of the guys to help me put up the curtain rods (2)
*** * need to clean bathroom, and dust all the furniture; will see what I can do today.

Geoffrey has a new 'trick". When he feels I have been on line, long enough: he jumps on the arm of the recliner. Then he walks on top of the keyboard. It is his way of telling me to "get moving'!

See if I can brush the other side of Geoffrey, today... he is a terror.. It does terrorized him. He hides away from me, for the rest of the day..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm glad you're feeling better! That poor white baby. I hope he can be caught or at least that somebody is feeding him.
I don't have any trouble brushing any of the girls; in fact, they'll all crowd in when I get the brush and comb out. "Me!" "No, ME!" "Mom!" and so on. Now claw-clipping, well, that's a whole 'nother story. Geoffrey sounds like such a sweetheart; I know how much you love that boy and I'm so glad he found you.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:00 this morning. I gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Get the Kindle ready for Rick's mom. We're going up this afternoon for a brief window visit for her birthday. The box is ready to go and we did receive quite a few cards for her. I hope it lifts her spirits, even if just a little.
  • Do peppers Rick brought down some banana peppers last night. The other peppers are nice and red, so it's time. I'll probably have to do tomatoes again tomorrow.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

Called our heating service company yesterday because even though pilot light for the greenhouse heater is lit the unit was not heating. A pair of service techs showed up late in afternoon, did this and that, said the thermostat needed to be replaced. They had one on the truck, no idea of the price. Just go buy a cheap one, and call for them to come back. Right. Another service call charge. Don't think so. Himself can do that. Cut to the chase - Himself took the front of the thermostat off. Surprise! it has two AAA batteries! The techs gave us two new batteries, Himself popped them in and voila - heater now works! Both Himself and I had forgotten thermostat had batteries. It now has a label on the front that not only mentions batteries, it has the date they were replaced. Techs said they really like calls with an easy answer like this at 4:30 p.m.

I'm getting so befuddled from this virus that yes indeedy it's like this day, that day, another day instead of Monday, Tuesday etc. I changed the bed sheets on what I thought was Monday. Only it was Sunday. Oh well.

More repotting, more greenhouse tidying up. Decide what / how to winter over the red spot bananas, which grew quite well this summer. Now have two large pots with two large bananas in each. Do I unpot at least two and store then bare root and basically dry, laying down in basement? Repot the other two and decide where to keep them - if upstairs do I mostly bare root them and - dribbling soil all the way - do the work of repotting them upstairs. Or do the work and keep them downstairs. Decisions, decisions.

It's a betwixt and between with plants. If they fail to thrive we call them miffy. And if they are exuberant in growth we have a different problem.

Oh well. Today will be a busy one. But then, aren't they all.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope sweet white cat becomes less frightened
Winchester Winchester Did Rick's mom enjoy the visit and her pressies?
C catapault I do the same thing about which day is which:ruminating:

Regular stuff

Re-rinsed the clothes I washed yesterday....washed everything I wore to pain clinic appt. and they are now drying.

Going to take it easy today....trip wore me out...I've been a patient there for 19 years and we got lost on the way there, ha!!
B.I.L. didn't gps and I messed up but we made it. Had lunch at Swenson's on the way back. My fave burgers. You sit in your
car. No more trays because of COVID19. I had cheese teasers as well, so good.

Kaylee will pick up Rxs today and a few other things and mop floors.

The Ginger gang came to eat a while ago.but it's too warm for them to be sleeping on wicker chair. Cal wanted out.
They left her alone and she went for her walkabout, then came in about a half hour later..She's so big..I think they're
wary of her, hee, hee

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Mia6 Mia6 I get confused with my days, too, sometimes. Although with me, it's more like everyday feels like Saturday or Sunday. C catapault I'm so glad you got everything working in the greenhouse. Do you have any pictures of your greenhouse? I'd love to see it. Mia6 Mia6 Glad the Ginger Gang is still coming around! Relax today....and just enjoy the day.

We really enjoyed our visit with Rick's mom yesterday. Rick's sister and BIL also came over, so it was the four of us. They let us stay a little longer since it was her birthday. 99 years old. I can't even begin to imagine. Sam smoked some homemade bologna and some baby Swiss cheese for her (he gave some to us, too, and it's just decadent!). I gave him some tomato powder and a dozen cookies. I miss Sam; we're usually getting together to do sauerkraut and such at this time of year. We always have a good time. Anyway, Evelyn had BDay cards to open; her aide said she'd read them to her. She's a big chocolate hound, so the candy hit the spot. She said she was really looking forward to the chunk of shoo-fly pie and the cookies, too. We think she was pleased. I told her that next year, she could get a card from the President; she looked at me and said, "Depends on who the President is!" She's looking forward to getting her ballot, so she can vote.

Off to Hyner View today. We'll check out the leaves and all the views. We're hoping it won't be very busy since we're going during the week. We'll have our masks, just in case. It will be nice to get out of the house and do something more normal.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop boxes when we get back.
And that's pretty much it for our day. Rick brought down a bunch more tomatoes and peppers last night. I'll have to do both now tomorrow. Oh, the new coffee grinder arrived. Looks nice. I'm going to dehydrate little tomatoes, just to make powder. And now that I have the grinder, I can make my version of Emeril's Rustic Rub....it's good stuff and I'm down to a scant teaspoon of the stuff. I was going to make it a while back and never got around to it. Our son has requested a refill, too, and Sam asked me to include some for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.