Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had two virtual appointments today (therapist and psychiatrist)
I started digging up my backyard in preparation for the walkway I plan to put out there in the next few weeks.
I did a lot of meal prep which included portioning out 15 servings of Swedish meatballs, boiling and mashing a bag of potatoes, cutting up a bag of onions, and freezing everything. I'm glad I found some goggles to wear during the onions though.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Drop off ROTC PT form at pediatrician office

Go for walk

Mail prescription request to Chewy

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Take youngest to ROTC PT at the high school

Walk the track at the high school while I wait for the youngest to finish. If I can't walk the track, I may go to the State Park nearby and do a trail walk

Throw in a load of laundry to wash

Finish making out grocery list

Take a one mile walk with husband after dinner

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had the treatment for my hair yesterday. Basically, all it did was lighten my hair. Those dark darks are now a lot lighter. And that line of demarcation is fairly well gone. She didn't touch my roots at all (and I didn't want her to. I'm getting to the point where I love my white/grey/silver roots). Turns out I can blow-dry my hair once in a while, but no curling iron or straightening; with all that bleach, my hair is just too fragile. And artiemom artiemom , my stylist also recommends the purple shampoo and conditioner from Sally's. The purpler, the better. And I need a really good deep conditioner, too. I'm going down to Sally's today or tomorrow. My BIL came over last night to pick up their batch of cookies; we were standing outside and he said, "You know, when all that grows out, your hair is going to be beautiful." That made me feel good. He wasn't just saying that; he really likes all that white and silver. Rick thinks the roots are so pretty, too. And I'm OK with that. Who knew?

There's something going through the girls. It started with Amber, who became listless, sleeping a lot (and you can tell, even with a cat) and not eating much. Then it hit Tabby. Both girls are now fine; it lasted a day and then back to normal. Sometimes that happens; it's like a tummy bug or something. They sleep it off and then they're good. So far Molli and Muffin seem to be OK, but I'm watching them. The other two are perfectly fine again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I'll need to scoop later on this morning.
  • A bit of a vacuum and a swiffer throughout the house. Nothing major.
And that's pretty much it. Rick and I have been (slowly) working on the Kitchen Kittens puzzle out in the shed. We'll work for an afternoon or so, and then that will be it for several days. Then we'll go back out and work a bit more. The border is together and several area are together (the KA mixer, the cabinets, etc.) Still have a ways to go.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Drying towels, etc

Connie came this morning but no sign of the others yet.

Winchester Winchester Your hair sounds soo beautiful, Miss Monroe!! :yess: :clap2: :cheerleader: :hugs:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Earn $40 today with my various apps
2. Take care of cats
3. Do another writing lesson as final is on the 30th and I have 2 weeks to catch up on. YIKES

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You hair sounds beautiful! I would love to see a picture of it; even a back view, so you can hid your face, if wanted.

The purple shampoo really does make a difference. I decided to try it 3 weeks in a row. If I get a purplish tinge, well, who cares!! It would be different!!

The Sally's Purple Shampoo, has a purple conditioner. I really like the conditioner. Almost a week later, and my hair is not dried out. It has some body~~ hair is stick straight, without a lick of body... only cowlicks!!

I did notice a bit of a yellowish build-up, tinge to my hair, when I did not use the purple shampoo for a couple months. Now, I am back to it...
~~
Busy day...
* regular morning stuff.
Just had to get out of the house.. I needed a trip outside.
*Home Depot for some stuff....
*Bed, Bath & Beyond for some other things; used my coupon....
*Starbucks for a Green Tea Lemonade. so good

Poor Geoffrey did not get enough attention today.. poor thing....

It felt so good to get out... I know.. with Covid, I have been very careful.. but I needed to get out... I really needed to... I took my time, first time since March... It felt so good.. I was careful.. mask, hand sanitizers, scrubbed hands when I got home.... I just psychologically needed to get out.
I could have ordered on-line, but seeing things in person is so gratifying.. and sometimes needed.

Got home, received another coupon from BB&B!! Hooray!! I really need a new non-stick frying pan, which can go into the oven~~ I prefer a metal handle.. The one I have is really ancient~~ Calphalon... Has lasted for years.. now, it is time to replace it. Not is a hurry, but it is time..

I want to try a copper fry pan. A friend has one, and said it is awesome.. so ......

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work (but I may leave a bit early)
Go grocery shopping
Bake a cake
Fold a load of laundry
Go out for birthday dinner (or have somebody go and get it)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Got frozen roll dough in pans and rising already, have 40th-anniversary dinner fro Bob's folks at noon. (both widowers and remarried)
2. Get 9 bark bush I just had to have in it's permanent home. Took me a while to decide.
3. Pick up cake at the bakery for dinner and a can of beef broth for the beef and noodles (over mashed potatoes) I made yesterday, they soak up a lot of broth. The first time I made homemade noodles in my new house!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I tried to take some selfies of my hair, but the color didn't come out right. The bottom part is really light, like a light strawberry blonde now. And while we do like the greys and silvers, they didn't show up that well on pictures.

Molli and I lounged until 8 or so, than got up. I gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast and made my coffee. Rick scooped boxes. I'm working on the second load of two loads of laundry.

And really, other than laundry, that's pretty much it. Not much going on today at all. I'll go out to the shed this afternoon to work on the Kitchen Kittens puzzle (we found a little mouse on the puzzle yesterday; he was peeking out of the cabinet).

Oh, I've created a Kitty Monster. I had started taking Muffin outside. I used to do that with Banshee quite often. I take her out and we talk about the different trees and bushes in the yard. Well, Muffin has decided that being outdoors is ever so much fun. And now, as soon as I open the front door, there she is, ready for her outside walk. And if I go down to the basement, there she is, ready for her basement tour. Rick just came in and he told her that she was already outside once and he wasn't taking her out. Well, she ran back to me and started telling me her tale of woe. Rick came back, too, and said, "Don't listen to her! She was already out once when you took her out!" And Muffin was telling me all about it. "But Dad wouldn't do it! Tell him! Tell him that he has to take me out!" Oops. Kitty Monster.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. Make space upstairs and take up some workout equipment from the basement. Just the weight bench, some weights and a few mats. Hubby is doing renovations downstairs, so I haven’t been down there much to use the equipment. I mostly go down there to do laundry atm. :lol:

2. Start bringing out some fall decor.

3. Prepare and make dinner.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • Deal with tomatoes (marinara) and peppers
  • Hit Sally's and Lowes at some point today. If I don't go today, I'll have to wait until Monday because we don't go anywhere on weekends....too many maskless people out and about.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*Regular morning stuff
*Have to brush Geoffrey. He had 2 furballs, yesterday.. I did not have a good day---
*Pick up some grapes and blueberries, bread, lettuce and tomatoes..

Another Starbucks day.. It has not been a good week, and I need as many treats as possible..

Now that I have a parking spot in the lot, I can come and go as I please---that is such a joy!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do a load of laundry

Clean litter boxes

Try to walk off any pounds I may have gained yesterday from my birthday dinner and cake.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

put in a load of dark smalls

make a list for Kaylee

Will probably read today if pain lets up, I'm way behind. Part of gang was here. I went back to bed for awhile and
3 of them were waiting for brekkie. They all 3 ate with me sitting on the deck. They never do that Cal saw them
and now her nose is out of joint, so she went on the bed where she knows they won't be, jealous girl.

I have to go to the Pain Clinic on the 7th of October instead of having a Zoom visit. I am not looking forward to it
because of the distance involved. My b.i.l. is taking me so it will be better than riding in one the vehicles the insurance
provides. The have a Jeep Cherokee. It has heated leather seats but the suspension, struts and shocks are not very
smooth so I'll have a pillow behind me and I'll sit on a soft throw.

Winchester Winchester Miss Monroe, so your girl likes being outside, hee, hee. My Vincie girl so adored the outdoors. I bet
she'll want to go out a few times a day now.
artiemom artiemom Are you having a flareup? Hope you're feeling better xxx
klunick klunick What did you have for your dinner?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I had a bacon burger. Nothing fancy. Husband and oldest got steak. Youngest had chicken.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
) Clear a weedy area in garden and transplant colchicums that are flowering in an area that has become too shady.
Don't know colchicums? They're wonderful fall flowering pest resistant bulbs.
Here's a link to a writeup on my website: BelleWood-Gardens - Diary

2) Start moving all plants out of greenhouse to garage. Weather permitting, greenhouse roof will be replaced on Monday.
3) Perhaps start rearranging great room furniture to the winter configuration. This is the easiest of today's three things.

But wait! There's a fourth thing -
4) Pick up my car which is having an oil change, replacement of filthy cabin air filter that had a rodent starting to nest in it, and new wiper blades installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.