Purraise
Take youngest to ROTC event

Strip, wash, and remake bedding

Clean bathrooms and dust bedroom

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 She's going to do very blonde highlights that match my whites. And she talked about bleaching some of my hair, too. The idea is to have my hair look like it has lowlights (my darker hair). She's done this many times with women and she told me it will look fine. We'll see. My SIL had something similar done, although she has much lighter hair than I do and she looks good. One of my GFs had a similar treatment; she sent me a picture and I liked it.

We finished the edging and stones at the she shed yesterday.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • Roasting tomatoes (marinara) and doing peppers this morning
  • We'll need to cover some of the tomato plants, the pepper bed, and the strawberry bed. Our temp is to get down around 36 overnight, and while that's not freezing and we're not in the frost watch, here on the hill, we can get colder than the surrounding areas. We have a good ton of peppers maturing and don't want to lose them, nor do I want to lose the tomatoes getting ready to turn. If we can get through the weekend with this Arctic cold coming down, we should be OK until some time in October. It's early for a frost.
  • We dismantled the AC unit in the shed (and I got the temperature adjusted inside, so it's a fairly even 70 to 72 degrees F), but need to get it down into the basement. Violets are blooming!
  • I want to bake sourdough "something". Bread or rolls. We'll see how lazy I feel after my tomato-and-pepper morning!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
That little grey tabby has found its home, I think. You just haven't realized it yet.
I would love to have him but the 13 year old daughter of his owner loves him dearly. I have the Ginger Gang
to take care of and their youngest, little Chrissie, is adorable. He let me pick him up the other day!! When
he eats the wet food and purrs and growls at the same time, sounds like "now, now, now... so cute!!!

Regular stuff

Washed warm hats, scarves, and gloves. Last year I bought 6 pair of gloves from Amazon for $15.00, free shipping.
Red, black, pink, white, teal, gray and I washed about 5 beanies..need more scarves. Will do a second rinse and then dry.

Going to be a beauty of day. Summy albeit chilly. I'll take it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
She's going to do very blonde highlights that match my whites. And she talked about bleaching some of my hair, too. The idea is to have my hair look like it has lowlights (my darker hair). She's done this many times with women and she told me it will look fine. We'll see. My SIL had something similar done,
Sounds like you'll look like Marilyn Monroe!! Can't wait to see it!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. This morning there was a Zoom meeting with someone from Chanticleer (fabulous public garden in Wayne PA) giving a talk on spring flowering bulbs. Good presentation, lovely pictures.
2. This afternoon I cleaned inside glass in greenhouse, vacuumed up debris on shelves and wiped them down. Refastened bubble wrap insulation where wrens that enter through roof vents, become trapped when they close as evening temperatures drop, then flutter around in morning (to Mr Poe's intense interest) and loosening some bubble wrap. I open door to garage and garage door to evict them. Two wrens today. Wiped bird poop off walls. All potted begonias now inside. Decided to discard some plants - various inch plants, silver succulents, etc. So easy to tell others to do that, so difficult to do for myself.
3. Extension cord for small shop vac had not previously been rewound correctly - flat cord had some spiral twists. Not good, and even more twists further down in reel than I had used. Very much a PITA to unroll all the way, it twisted up around itself, took close to an hour to straighten it all out. Never again, I told Himself.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go for at least a 3 mile walk

Dust the living room

Vacuum bedrooms and living room

Finish up laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Molli and I lounged until 8:30 this morning. I'm back here with my coffee now.
  • I'll have to scoop boxes this morning
  • Baking cookies this morning: peanut butter and oatmeal-raisin-pecan. I may glaze the oatmeal cookies. I made the doughs last night and threw them in the fridge overnight. Rick is hungry for cookies and he asked for peanut butter this time around. The oatmeal are for his mom. (Last time I made snicks for him and white chip and macadamia for his mom)
  • We have enough canned cat food for four days yet, so I need to start working on a grocery list.
I was out in the shed last night, trying to watch Blindspot, but Hulu was a real bear and I couldn't access anything. Came back in the house and went to bed with a book. Molli was happy; she hit the bed with me and curled up in my left arm for quite a while. I was sound asleep by 10:00. I should probably do that more often.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go for at least a 3 mile walk ✅

Dust the living room ✅

Vacuum bedrooms and living room

Finish up laundry
[/QUOTE
Have to wait for youngest to wake up to vacuum ( so about 1-2pm 🙄)

Last load of laundry is in the dryer.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Pick up prescription from vet to mail to Chewy

Take a walk

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff

Will start a load of laundry before Kaylee gets here

Start a list for store, have K pick up books and DVDs from library as well

Ginger Gang came yesterday. Little tabby's family heard through the grapevine that he likes visiting me. He was
wearing a brand new blue collar, French blue in color with a bell..he looked all fancy and was showing it off. I made
a fuss about it while he preened, sweet boy. A hint from them saying, "He's our cat!", ha! I didn't see Little Chrissie
but I'm sure he came by to eat.

Big Cal has been going on long, morning walkabouts since we've had 40 degree nights and mornings. She's sound
asleep on the blanket, my darling baby.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 After we started taking care of Whisper pretty much full time, we were thinking of just bringing her into the house at that point. She was gone for a few days and when she came back, she had a break-away collar on....her people's way of claiming her, I guess. She wore the collar for a couple of days and then she completely disappeared. We didn't see her for a good 2-3 weeks. Rick looked for her every morning and he was so upset. And then one morning, she came back. No collar. Rick opened the patio door, she walked in....and that was that. She was ours. And a few weeks later, so were her five kittens!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • When Rick gets up, he'll strip the bed and I'll throw everything in the washer. Putting the flannel sheets on the bed today. And doing two loads of laundry.
  • Rick's mom's Kindle is cleaned and loaded with new library books for her. We're taking it up to her this morning, along with some cookies that I made yesterday. They've started doing 20-minute "window" visits, so we'll be able to see her and talk through an intercom....we'll probably use our phones. We have seen her once since March. Once! We all talk quite a bit on the phone, but that's it. And because of her essential tremor, sometimes it's really hard to understand her on the phone. Rick's mom will be 99 in October; we're trying to figure out how to celebrate with her.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
After we started taking care of Whisper pretty much full time, we were thinking of just bringing her into the house at that point. She was gone for a few days and when she came back, she had a break-away collar on....her people's way of claiming her, I guess. She wore the collar for a couple of days and then she completely disappeared. We didn't see her for a good 2-3 weeks. Rick looked for her every morning and he was so upset. And then one morning, she came back. No collar. Rick opened the patio door, she walked in....and that was that. She was ours. And a few weeks later, so were her five kittens!
Do you still have any of her kittens?

Wowza, 99!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slept in way too late. But it was so nice to snuggle under the covers. Domino was also under the covers, Mr Poe on top. And no fussing about "where is our breakfast!"

Striped the bed, sheets going around in the clothes washer. Will wait on flannel sheets but add a thermal blanket between top sheet and summer weight quilt.

Need to pack up several smaller crinum bulb, then go to the post office to mail them to people in Georgia, Texas, California.

Move more plants into greenhouse. Turn on greenhouse heat.

This week we will rearrange great room furniture to winter configuration with focus on wood burning stove and bring stove accoutrements (small wood rack, Ash-Away, etc) up from basement. Somewhere in there I should make fire lighters from pressed cardboard egg cartons, coarse sawdust, and melted ugly candles.

So what am I doing here!? But at least now you know what I should be doing rather than being here on TCS, right?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*Up and out early for car appointment; AC not working-- needed to be recharged...
*Fill gas tank
*car wash
*Picked up a couple of early Christmas Gifts for a couple of the workers in her. The one who does most of the work, in my apartment, and another one, whom, I can really talk to....
*Late on regular morning stuff---due to early appointment.

I know, it is early tithing of Christmas gifts.. I am planning on staying home, with Geoffrey, for all the holidays. I may be over-reacting, but.....

The gifts I am giving, are really small ones, for those who have helped me in here.
They will be easy: mostly Dunkin Gift Cards, a couple bottles of wine.. and that will be about it.

Thanksgiving will be at home. I do not plan on going over to an open house for Christmas Eve, where there are at least 20 people, whom I do not know where they have been.

Christmas Day is usually a smaller affair, just my Cousin, her 2 kids, spouses and 3 grandchildren... but still~~~ not feeling comfortable about that. I think I am staying home.

So not many Christmas Gifts... Just the ones in here, and a friend of mine, and her husband. I am not going crazy this year. I have spent more than enough on stocking up with supplies.

*think I may go for a walk, in about an hour or so....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 That was back around 1997. And that was where BooBoo and Ms. Pepe came from; they were part of that litter. Boo died two years and Ms. Pepe passed away this past spring at the ripe old age of almost 24 years old. We miss those kids.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Get cat food if crazy lady will sit down and eat
2. Fight my computer and phones as I do every day to get them to work
3. Earn money after 1 and 2 are complete

Danneq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1) go for a physical :cloudy:

2) work

3) drink some chocolate milk, because who doesn't love an occasional chocolate milk

Status
Not open for further replies.