Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Laundry again, found all the warm throws

Fell out of bed again while dreaming I was driving, ha!! It shook me up so I placed pillows
beside my bed and will keep them there. I came down for a cuppa, this was about 10:30pm
and was up for a few hours playing WWF, then back to sleep. I tend to sleep too close to the
edge of the bed with only throws covering me so I got under the covers. Cal likes snuggling
lately.and tends to shove me over, sweet angel.

Chrissie let me pick him up yesterday!! I was stunned at how heavy he was! All muscle

Will read outside

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Make out grocery list for tomorrow
Start a load of laundry

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That flu shot knocked me for a loop. Got the shot Monday morning. By Monday night, I was under the electric blanket on High with a heavy comforter over that and still freezing to death. Even muscles that I didn't know I had hurt and ached. Then the bad headache kicked in and, of course, that lasted pretty much all day yesterday. So I was in and out of bed until around 4:00 or so. Only to go back to bed at 6:00 and stay there all night long. Up this morning, still with headache remnants and a sore arm, but other than that, I feel human. And of course, Dear Richard said, "Oh my arm hurts a little, but that's it." He was fine. I don't know why I always get the bad side effects from stuff. I'm almost afraid to talk to my doctor about a pneumonia shot.

The stylist did get back to me and I'm going in tomorrow morning for a hair cut. It's time. Actually, it's more than time.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Hitting Lowes this morning. We need to finish the edging and such around the she shed and get things in order before winter hits. Move some daffodils around, plant some mums, all that good stuff.
  • Pick up Clarence. He needed a new power steering pump.
  • Pick up pool chemicals to shut down the pool for the winter.
Last night, we were in the upper 30s. I'm going to have to turn the heat on in the shed because of the plants.
Still doing tomatoes; I had three whole days without tomatoes on the kitchen counters. That ended yesterday when Rick brought down tomatoes, some peppers, and two nice zucchini. The tomatoes can go for a couple of days to ripen a bit more.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I got the flu and the pneumonia shots on Monday. Monday night, I was so tired, chilled, warm, etc... Yesterday was a bad day. I got up For Geoffrey: to scoop, feed him... then went back to bed. I got up around noon. Took a shower, and back in pj's. I lied down all day. I did not even vacuum. So fatigued, no stamina.

Boy, was that arm sore! I could not sleep on that side, Monday night!
It took very late afternoon, early evening, until I started to feel moe normal.

I am ok today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're just all different, even our cats. Different people have different responses to vaccines. I am fortunate that even tetanus shot does not cause a reaction - no aches and pains. And that's the one that most people have an issue with. Mr Poe is lethargic for 24 hours when he gets his once-every-three-years rabies or the annual combo vaccine, so the vet gives him something to alleviate that reaction.

The last couple of days, and today, there's a thin high haze. I'm wondering if it is the smoke from the devastating West Coast fires, which has been reported reaching as as far east as New York City. And we are about 80 miles west of there.

Today I am planning to

1) Take shade cloth down in greenhouse because
2) the overnight chilly temperatures (40.3 degrees Fahrenheit on the roof last night) mean I want to start bringing in the most tender plants such as fancy leaf begonias

Besides, I still have hopes, albeit vanishing, that the guy who is supposed to replace the greenhouse polycarbonate twinwall roof, will call to come do so, perhaps next week. The shade cloth needs to be down for that to take place.

The red spot bananas did so well I don't think they can all come in this winter. Two are in a single large concrete plant, three more in a very large crowded pot. There's no room for 5 pots of bananas in the house and defiitely not in the greenhouse. So either I try to force into dormancy and keep dry in the garage (which is going to be crowded with crates of dormant cannas), put on Freecycle (is anyone else as crazy as me? Unlikely.) or keep the best two and compost the remainder.

3) I'm sure more things-to-do will occur.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , artiemom artiemom , I posted on the What’s on your mind board that I had the same reaction this year to my flu shot. I’ve had my pneumonia shots in the past and get the flu shot every year but this is the first year I felt sick from it. Tired, achey and like I was coming down with something. Maybe they are stronger or formulated differently this year?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no reaction to this year's flu shot.

Family health center is really pushing flu shots. I accompanied Himself for a visit about 10 days ago. The nurse asked if he'd like a flu shot as long as he was there. Turned to me and asked if I'd like one too. These were the triple strain, not the quad version. We figured with children (maybe) going back to in-classroom teaching and some places requiring flu shots for the students - get it while the getting is good.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am still not completely 'normal" form the vaccinations. Whether it was one of the vaccines, or a combo of them, I do not know. I have my usual 'rash'... not really a rash, but it is something I get every time I get really sick. It is like a heat rash~~ similar to what your get when you come out of a hot shower~~~ on my torso.

Doctors have told me that this does happen to 'some' people.. I am, un fortunately, one of the "lucky
ones... Oh well, It is done and over with. I know I will be fine...

My chest is just a bit 'tight'~~ asthma... no big deal.. asthma is usually under control.. I know what it is from.. the vaccines.. so no big deal...
~~~~~~~~~~
*Went to the parking office for a parking sticker. Program begins Oct 15.
* Groceries
*** Had a phone call that I have a spot in the parking LOT!! oMG... so happy~~ happy dance~~ celebrating!! Now the city parking sticker is a moot thing!!!

I am so happy about this!! Have been waiting since Feb 2019 for this!!

* finished up regular mornings stuff~ very late....

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Go to grocery store

Fold laundry in dryer and put another load in washer

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom susanm9006 susanm9006 Winchester Winchester Is it possible to have the shot in your hip? I don't know if I can tolerate more
pain in my arm. Sorry you all had reactions.

Regular stuff

started a load of darks, will then wash 2 winter blankets

Won't be out of the 60s today, perfect weather to be outside. Cal was out this morning having a nice walkabout. Sweet Connie was
waiting patiently for brekkie. Little gray tabby came through the hallway yesterday morning and ran out to the deck when Kaylee had
the slider open!! Somehow he got into the house. I have no idea how long he was in here. Once he was on deck, he began eating dry
food but seemed anxious. I didn't see him till late afternoon. He is such a doll. Little Chrissie was here twice yesterday.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I do not know if you fan get it in the hip region. It is intramuscular. I have no idea..

Feeling better today. The rash is gone!! really feeling normal.. I need to pick up another bottle of Arthritis Strength Tylenol.

You are finding and giving so much love to all these lost little ones....Can you think of building some type of shelter for them? for the Winter? Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 may be able to give you some ideas.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom susanm9006 susanm9006 I'm glad you're both feeling a bit better. Me, too. While my arm is still a bit sore from the shot and I still have the headache lurking around my eyes, I was better yesterday and this morning.
Mia6 Mia6 That little grey tabby has found its home, I think. You just haven't realized it yet.

We did hit Lowes yesterday and Target for Rick's meds, as well as picked up Clarence from the garage; it turns out the power steering belt snapped. He's driving well again. We also hit the pool place for our winter chemicals; Rick's going to close the pool early next week. Clarence also needs a muffler, but we're going to wait a few months until it's time for his inspection and have that done then. I said that I'd rather do it now, instead of trying to drive him in possible snow, but I'd have to take him in for inspection anyway.

Rick told me that when we picked him up yesterday and he went into pay the bill (I took Clarence and came on home), there was a guy in there talking to to Les about Clarence. Les told him that Rick's wife was the one he needed to talk to. Evidently the guy wants to buy Clarence; he buys Cruisers when he sees one that's in good shape. He asked Rick what year it was and Rick said he was a 2001, so he was 20 years old. But when the guy said he might be interested in buying him, both Rick and Les started laughing. Rick told him right out that Clarence was his wife's "boy" and that there was no way in Hades I would ever sell him. He asked Rick for my phone number and Rick wouldn't give it to him. Good man, Dear Richard. He knows me well. That's the second offer I've had now for him.....Clarence, that is, not Rick. I thought people didn't like Cruisers.

Yesterday Rick and I worked on setting edgers and stones to finish up some areas around the she shed. I think it's going to look nice. I also checked the temp in the shed and it was down to 60 at 2:00 in the afternoon. I think that's way too cold for the African violets, so I turned the heaters on and the temp now is hanging right around 72; I may play around to see if I can get it down to 68 -70. I was out there last night after my shower and it seemed comfortable. with a t-shirt and sweatpants. We are to get down into the mid-30s on Sunday morning, so I needed to get the heat on out there.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • I threw the second of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • Hair cut today....wish me luck! I really hate getting my hair cut; I'm always so paranoid that it's going to be way too short. Yeah, I know, it's hair and it will grow back.
  • We need to grab Rick's Mom's Kindle and delete her expired library books and put new books on for her. Rick needs to call to tell them we're coming up; we can't just show up unannounced. I think they started "window visits" where she will sit inside the building and we'll sit outside and visit at a window through an intercom. Or Rick will call her and we'll talk via telephone while we're at the window. It's been a good 5-6 weeks again since we've seen her. She called the other night to talk to Rick and asked, "Is Pam baking yet or is it still too warm? I could use a nice piece of blueberry buckle!" Rick said to me, "There's your cue!" She's been hinting for a buckle for a while now.
And that will be my day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So.....One hour and 5-1/2 inches later, I'm home from the salon. Going back next Tuesday to have the highlights and bleach done on my hair. She thinks it'll only take one visit, maybe two, because of my hair length. But we'll see how it goes. 5-1/2 inches of hair lay on the floor. She did a few layers, too, to take advantage of my curl and waves. It feels so much lighter! Amazing! The length is now right at my shoulders.

Getting the cut also got rid of a lot of the really darker color in my hair, so it does look better. My ends were really tangly from not being trimmed since January.

And, Dear Richard is pleased. He says I look cute. *sigh*

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. Go for our grocery order - we only go once a month.
I am happy that we are all stocked up with meat (chicken, beef and pork) for the winter. :thumbsup: We bought enough from a local farm. We are big meat eaters in this house.

Come home and,
2. Finish up the rest of the laundry.
3. Prepare and cook supper.

Nothing too exciting going on today.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. Take foster kittens to the rescue to be sent to another foster,

A friend found 7 bottle babies. She was fostering but her male started pooping around the playpen, so I took them. The rescue has found another foster. I have a mom who just delivered 3 babies and I have 11 of my own. 21 cats in a condo is just too many! I think that is my record.

2. Take decorations to storage.

I made a Halloween wreath and 3 flower arrangements out of artificial flowers. I need to take them to storage until Oct. 1

3. Put lights up around door.

I got some orange mini lights - I am going to put them around the door until Christmas.

And of course work, get my MIL up ( she is in a wheelchair - 98- and cannot bathe or dress herself),

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Go to the grocery store (Couldn't go yesterday because of the rain)

Clean litter boxes

Stop by vet today (or this weekend) to pick up prescription to mail off to Chewy to refill.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Molli and I lounged until 9, then decided to get up and start our day. Rick and I chatted while I drank my coffee. (Now he's in the kitchen, trying to deal with the blasted ice maker in the Samsung. I'm telling you, do NOT, DO NOT buy a Samsung fridge. You WILL be sorry.)
  • Do the errand Rick didn't want to do yesterday: get the Kindle from his mom, so I can disinfect and do my thing with it.
  • About halfway through season 3 of Blindspot. I don't watch every night, but try to watch 2-3 episodes when I do. It's not bad.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Going back next Tuesday to have the highlights and bleach done on my hair. She thinks it'll only take one visit, maybe two, because of my hair length
What color highlights?
A friend found 7 bottle babies. She was fostering but her male started pooping around the playpen, so I took them. The rescue has found another foster. I have a mom who just delivered 3 babies and I have 11 of my own. 21 cats in a condo is just too many! I think that is my record.
Wowza, you have quite the gang! They must keep you very busy. Do you have help with M.I.L.?

Status
Not open for further replies.