Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
* regular morning stuff
* rotated mattress~~ man, I hate doing that. I wish I had someone stronger to help me. I do a lot of pushing with my knees, thighs

As I was rotating the mattress, I saw, through the slats that Geoffrey had vomited a hairball!! OMG!!
and there was a lot of fur underneath. My vacuum does not go under the bed. It is a very low bed. Geoffrey can barely sneak his body under it: limbo style--on his stomach. Ugh...I have been thinking of this area, for a week, so it was time.

*Ended up putting on gloves, getting the hairball cleaner, a roll of paper towel, a doggie poop bag to through stuff in. I had to go in-between each slat, and clean... picking up the hairballs--found 4 of them!! UGH....
I used a ton of damp paper towels, but I did it.. I got the entire area underneath the bed!!! Had to keep moving the mattress to do so... wish I was stronger.

Bedroom is too tiny, and bed is way to heavy to budge; even though it is on sliders. I need a strong man to help.. but I did it myself.. a lot of work, energy.. Pooped after it.

Geoffrey was not happy! He kept yelling at me, because I disturbed his favorite hiding area, and the mess he created!!! And the area was a bit dampish in spots. He kept yelling at me!!

* put new sheets on..
* got trash together, and took it to trash room
* dropped off next weeks menu, downstairs...

Done for the day.. just had a cup of tea.

*Supper from the menu is not good.. So I am having a ham sandwich with chips today.. I am making it.
The food here is not very good. Everyone complains.. yet we have to pay for it.. it is in the lease agreement.. dam....They will not fix it.. They insist it is fine... ugh.. The place is known for horrible food.. but, the perks of the place are really good.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Put a load of darks in

May have a shampoo at the salon, wanted to yesterday and we got halfway there but I just couldn't do it.Kaylee came in yesterday but was unwell; sore throat, cough, achiness, stuffy nose. She has asthma as well. She wanted to call off and I told her she should go
home so she did. I disinfected everything she touched.

Little Chrissie was here and Conrad,.Little tabby as well. Chrissie scarfs up the wet food and makes a sound like he is purring and eating at the same time, darling boy. So cute how Connie lets him eat first.

artiemom artiemom Yikes, that mattress must've been so heavy!! So Geoffrey has a hiding place, hee, hee My Cal usually throws hers up on a
throw, so my quilt is covered in them or sheets so I just have to wash them instead of stripping the bed.
Winchester Winchester Glad your headache was a short one. So cute about Rick having a snooze.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I got as far as calling the salon for a hair cut. They haven't called me back yet. Right now my hair is down to my bra line, which is fairly long for me. I'm taking it up to where it's just barely touching my shoulders. That will be the shortest it's been for me in years. No color, no root color. Just a cut and some kind of style.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and had my coffee. Rick will scoop the boxes.
  • Put some grape tomatoes in the dehydrator late this afternoon; they'll go overnight and I'll powder them tomorrow morning. Need to do some peppers.
  • A vacuum in the living room and kitchen.
In other words, nothing exciting.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I got as far as calling the salon for a hair cut. They haven't called me back yet. Right now my hair is down to my bra line, which is fairly long for me. I'm taking it up to where it's just barely touching my shoulders. That will be the shortest it's been for me in years. No color, no root color. Just a cut and some kind of style.
You'll love it, Pam. How about a lob? Long bob? You'd look so good with it like that and you could still pull it back. I bet it looks good with all the different colors.I grew my hair out about 4 years ago and had it cut like that , really liked it

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I think that's what I'm going to do. Still waiting for a call back.

Rick is going to a public sale (I'm not; I'm just too wary about the virus). They're selling a really nice rear-tine rototiller and he wants to try to get it. I don't have a problem with it bc I know he'd use it. He has promised to wear a mask, bathe in sanitizer, and then he'll grab a shower when he gets home after he puts his clothes in the washer.

It's really chilly here this morning. We're not used to this!
  • Molli and I lounged until 8, then got up. We were awake, but didn't feel like getting out of bed. Enjoying my coffee now. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • I didn't get the tomatoes in the dehydrator yesterday because Rick brought down a few more that needed another day. I think I can do them this afternoon. We've managed to get six butternuts now in the basement. Clipped another one yesterday. It has a very small split and is healed over OK; I can cut that out. They're in the basement. There are at least five butternut babies in the garden now with more flowers blooming; I don't know if they have enough time to mature and change color before the first frost hits us next month.
  • Vacuum. Yes, I did it yesterday, but the girls are seriously shedding and I could probably make a kitten from their fur. I keep picking it off the floor and need to just vacuum and get it done.
  • Started work on the Kitchen Kittens puzzle yesterday in the shed. The edge is together and that's as far as we got. I'll work for an hour or so this afternoon.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
*Got up late
*Had an early morning phone calll while I was eating my breakfast.... Yes, that early...
*regular morning stuff....
*lazy day..... slept good last night.. it was cooler.

Geoffrey was on my lap, again last night!!!

Pam, I grew my hair out a few years ago; to the chagrin of my stylist. It was a difficult decision, but I had to for financial reasons.

Now, I am glad I did. I have a short haircut, a version of a pixie. It is so easy to take care of.

Surprisingly, I am getting a lot of compliments about my hair!! People are asking me if I am frosting it!! weird... It is not complexity grey, a slivery, salt and pepper.

I use the purple shampoo. I get it at Sally's beauty supply. I only use it once eery 2 weeks. You cannot use it as an "only" shampoo, because it can turn the white into a purple tinge.. although, that may be pretty.... I do find that it makes my hair so bright, shiny.. takes the yellowish tinge, white/grey hair sometimes has.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty much OK with the grey/white/whatever. But I really do need a cut. Not a trim. A cut. My hair is getting very tangly and picking it out after washing it is getting to be a real hassle. artiemom artiemom Bet your hair is so pretty! I was wondering about those purple shampoos. When should I start using them? Right now, the grey is just down to right below my temples-eyes. But I don't want that yellow tinge. Right now I switch between Redken Extreme and Redken Magnetics for colored hair with a bit of Redken All Soft. I want to get them used. I see Redken has a purple shampoo for blonde hair. Maybe I'll try that. I'm down to washing my hair twice a week since I retired (from every other day, sometimes every day) and I don't use the blow dryer at all. I think I've used the blow dryer once since December. I just wash it, condition it, pick it out, and let it air dry. And let the waves take over. And, once it's cut shorter, those waves will really take over. My hair is not curly, but those waves.......

Rick did go to that public sale. He said there were 50-60 people there, not one wearing a mask, and all standing together in a one clump. He looked around quickly and left. Said it wasn't worth it. He also said that it doesn't take a genius to figure out why Covid will not go away any time soon. People are idiots. He was really upset. Got back in his truck, hit the sanitizer, came home, stripped down, threw his clothes in the washer, and grabbed a shower. He just didn't feel right. I have a feeling that's the first and last public sale of the year for him.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • When Dear Richard gets out of bed, he'll strip it and I'll wash the sheets and put them back on the bed. Although, with the temps around here lately, we're considering the flannel sheets! We were in the upper 40s last night. Needless to say, the electric blanket was on all night, although we had the windows open. The cats were all over that warm blanket. It's chilly. I also have one other load of laundry.
  • While Rick is bowling this afternoon, I'm going out to the shed to work on the puzzle for an hour or so. (Yesterday, Rick came out to the shed to tell me that he was going to mow the yard. Three hours later, he stood up from working on the puzzle and left to give the girls dinner and make dinner for us. He never did mow the yard.)
  • Work on a Lowes list for tomorrow.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry

Dust the living room

Vacuum the bedrooms and living room

Sweep the kitchen floor

Make iced hot chocolate as a reward for all my hard work today

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I went to give the babies their breakfast, I was reminded of something else that needs to be done. Call the vet to "remind" them that I dropped off the paperwork about a month ago advising them that both kittens had gotten fixed. I used a low cost Clinic instead of my regular vet. Obviously they didn't update their files because I got a reminder card in the mail yesterday that Boone and Gracie are due for their spay/neuter. Also need to remind the vet that they also got their last baby shots at the time too.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I think I started using the purple shampoo, at about your stage; when it was about 1/3 grey. I had heard about it when I initially started growing it out. One day, a woman I know, stopped me, telling me about the shampoo and where to pick it up. That is when I decided to start using it. I really do notice the difference.

I get a generic version of the purple shampoo and the conditioner which goes along with it (purple).
I found that my grey hair is much drier. I usually just wash and wear my hair; occasionally, it will be dried, only when I am chilly.

I use the purple stuff every other week. I find that I can go 6 days without a washing. This is from someone who used to wash their hair every day!! or other day!! Sometimes, I just use the conditioner, instead of a wash. My stylist gave me that tip. I get the purple stuff at Sally Beauty Supplies. It is cheaper than the Biolage

For the in-between times, I use Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner for color treated hair. I find my hair is a bill duller during that week. I think I am going to try the purple shampoo for a few weeks, continuously; and see what happens. I do not care if it turns a tinge of purple. It would look pretty. Plus hair grows.. nothing is permanent. In these days of Covid, who cares? It will be an interesting experiment.

I think that once your hair grows out, it is going to look gorgeous, with the waves and the silver/grey.!!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Your hair sounds really cute!!
Winchester Winchester Have they called you back for an appointment? I must admit it was strange having
a shampoo and cut while wearing a mask, but what can you do but just go with it.

Regular stuff

Let Cal out for a very early morning walkabout and she was gone for well over an hour. I went to the deck
looking for her and whispered her name but she didn't come. When I had just sat back down and began typing,
she was scratching at the door.

Laundry day

My Oz friend sent me a pair of boots for my birthday. They are a convoy hiking boot and they're pink. I really
like them. Once the weather cools down I plan on going for more walks. I've missed them but the temps over
the summer weren't good walking weather for me.

I've been seeing a reverse skunk in my backyard in the mornings! She's all white with a few black markings and very
beautiful. I've named her Regan. I've never seen one before as they are rare.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Unload dishwasher
Unpack Chewy order and put in pantry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 No, I've not gotten a return call. I take that to mean she doesn't want to cut my hair as she really wanted to do the three highlighting treatments to blend my hair colors together. She was really pushing the color. I decided not to go that route and just want a cut. Evidently she's not interested.

I got another 3 pints of tomato puree yesterday and another pint of chopped peppers. I chose the nicest, reddest peppers (about 7 of them) and roasted them. Let them cool down, then skinned them. They're in the freezer.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8 then dragged our butts out of bed. Enjoyed my coffee and scooped the boxes.
  • I had to pick up meds at Target, so while we were there, we both got our flu shots. My first flu shot ever. The druggist was kind of surprised that I had never had one before. I want to talk to my doctor about an pneumonia shot, too; I guess I'm just trying to be a bit cautious because of Covid. We really wanted to have a quick lunch, but not going there. Not yet.
Nothing much else on the agenda for today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 No, I've not gotten a return call. I take that to mean she doesn't want to cut my hair as she really wanted to do the three highlighting treatments to blend my hair colors together. She was really pushing the color. I decided not to go that route and just want a cut. Evidently she's not interested.

I got another 3 pints of tomato puree yesterday and another pint of chopped peppers. I chose the nicest, reddest peppers (about 7 of them) and roasted them. Let them cool down, then skinned them. They're in the freezer.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8 then dragged our butts out of bed. Enjoyed my coffee and scooped the boxes.
  • I had to pick up meds at Target, so while we were there, we both got our flu shots. My first flu shot ever. The druggist was kind of surprised that I had never had one before. I want to talk to my doctor about an pneumonia shot, too; I guess I'm just trying to be a bit cautious because of Covid. We really wanted to have a quick lunch, but not going there. Not yet.
Nothing much else on the agenda for today.
I got both the flu shot and the pneumonia shot today... ouchie!

I always get a flu shot. I was surprised that I need the pneumonia vaccine. I thought I had already gotten it; but nothing showed up on the National Register of Vaccines. They keep track of all vaccines, so you do not have to. Any doctor can check it.

Sorry about your stylist not getting back to you? Do you think she is just too busy? I can not see a stylist not wanting to take care of an long time customer. Sounds a bit strange.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
ordered a new mp3 player
checked my mail and got two sweet letters
called my mom and my best friend that lives in Indiana

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Sign youngest up online for the PSAT

Drop off money for PSAT test at the school

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I'm sure your Walmart has a hair salon because the ones who have a lease with Walmarts are
owned by the same company. I am pleased with my cut and Nicole went there as well over the weekend and
loves her new cut. everyone There was polite and fun.

artiemom artiemom Did you have any side effects from the vaccines?

Regular stuff

Will need to rewash clothing that was out yesterday morning as a skunk squirted while I had windows open.I could
still smell it in the kitchen when I got up this morning. WHen it gets light I will open the slider door and just have the
screen door open to air out the house.

I'm sure Connie is Chrissie's dad as they have the same face. Connie is very dirty and has a healing scab in his left ear.
It is in the 40s now and I wonder how little Chrissie is keeping warm. Little gray tabby stopped by for an early morning
visit while Cal was having a walkabout.She loves these cool temps.She scratched at the slider to come back in and little
tabby was right beside her smelling her, ha!

Will try to read on deck today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom artiemom artiemom Did you have any side effects from the vaccines?
The injection site always gets a bit swollen and inflamed. That is a given.

With having both of them, in the same arm. It is doubly sore. I could not lie on that side, last night.
Geoffrey did not mind, he took over the other pillow!! all night!!!

I also got very tired last night. during the night I felt 'warm' and a bit chilly at the same time. My nose was a bit stuffy.. not bad, just feeling dried out and stuffy.

I am staying home today, resting. I am not doing anything. I am glad I have the luxury of doing so.
Really glad that I got both of them.. although I am so confused about the pneumonia one.
The Pharmacist told me that the regular one, you have to repeat every 5 years. The Prevnid, is a once in a lifetime vaccination. I thought I got had it done, years ago.. but, nothing is registered. If I did, I got a duplicate.
~~~~~~~~
When I woke up, the temp was 48 degrees!! Now it is 50 degrees, with a high of 65 degrees... brrr
~~~~
* regular morning stuff....slowly done, and slow to begin.
* brush Geoffrey
* nothing else....

Status
Not open for further replies.