Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A coolish night; it really felt good. It's cool this morning, although the sun is getting to poke through.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Will scoop boxes in a bit.
And that's pretty much it for the day. I plan to do not much of anything. It can wait until tomorrow (and I love being able to say that!).

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Try to catch up best I can on my writing class. Yikes.
2. Do some housework
3. Earn money

I'll be so glad when these antibiotics are gone so I am not so sleepy and tired. People and cats depend upon me.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Please forgive me for not reading this thread until now (I've been in a wicked ass flare for awhile).. I am so happy to hear that Muffin is fine and enjoying her crack, hee, hee. Fasting is so difficult for them. What is FORL?

Regular stuff

We just had rain, thunder, and lightning that lasted only for 1.30 mins, but the rain was heavy. Cal was outside when a bolt of lightning could be seen and a huge thunder clap was heard. She bolted into the house and I think she's under the bed.

I got my hair shampooed, cut and blow-dried on Friday. I hadn't been able to wash it or have Kaylee wash it because of
the pain so she drove me to the salon that leases space in Walmart. I only planned on having a shampoo but K showed
me such stylish cuts on her phone so I decided to have it cut as well......short angled bob, just over my ears, but angled
on the front sides while the back is short and feathered. She used clippers to get that effect. I really like it and I look younger
ha!!

Dreary day today but I don't mind as we need the rain.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Remade our bed with fresh sheets. Washed sheets I stripped off and hung outside. Yes, the dryer was repaired but I like the way sheets smell when dried on the line.
2. Helped Himself getting larger rounds of wood up onto the splitter. He did a cart full and then stacked in the wood storage area.
3. Made spaghetti sauce - care to guess what we'll have for dinner tonight?
4. Mixed soil and repotted the last 9 or 10 pots of dormant Rhodophiala aka oxblood or schoolhouse lily. I think I posted some pictures up-thread. I will keep five pots in addition to the previous 12. Package the excess and mail to my daughter in Texas where they will be garden-hardy plants.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
  • Took my morning three-mile walk early to avoid the heat. The forecast predicts 101°F this afternoon. I saw a sick rat next to someone’s flower garden. It was actually rather pretty: all black with cute little feet and an extremely long tail. I felt bad for it, but there was nothing I could do. It was almost gone, poor little rattie. :(
  • Made brownies. I forgot to add the chocolate chips when I was mixing so I spread them on top and pushed them in with my finger. They came out of the oven with dimples. :)
  • Tried, with limited success, to get grease spots out of a t-shirt. I’ll have to take another run at it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope you're feeling better! Muffin is fine, but her visit really messed with the other cats' minds. Amber is peeing all over the place, Tabby is eating about half of her food and then scurries off. And Molli keeps sniffing after Muffin. It's the dreaded TED smell. (TED: The Evil Doctor) They're a little better than they were over the weekend, but geez, Muffin is still Muffin.
C catapault I always loved the smell of sheets after a day on the clothesline.
Tobermory Tobermory Have you tried the Tide pens? We keep them in a drawer in the kitchen and as soon as I see a grease spot on my shirt (I'm a terribly messy cook), I rub it with a pen. I also soak the spot in Dawn dishwashing liquid for a while. 9 out of 10 times, it works.
  • Molli and I lounged until 9:00 this morning and I'm now enjoying my coffee. Rick will scoop boxes (or I will).
  • Vacuum and swiffer. Wipe down the bathroom and kitchen.
  • I'll need to put tomatoes in the dehydrator this afternoon. But I'm thinking about just cooking them up in marinara tomorrow. Boy, that sauce is good. I have a few peppers to chop, but they could go until tomorrow morning, too.
  • Clean the shed. A good vacuum and swiffer.
  • My afternoon constitutional: I've started spending a good hour or so on the shed deck in my rocking chair. Just looking about the yard, watching the cars go down the road. I guess it's rather boring, but I find it relaxing and am trying to hang out every afternoon after my tasks are finished. Sometimes I drink a Smirnoff Ice, sometimes I just sit and reflect. We've started calling it my afternoon constitutional.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Have you tried the Tide pens? We keep them in a drawer in the kitchen and as soon as I see a grease spot on my shirt (I'm a terribly messy cook), I rub it with a pen. I also soak the spot in Dawn dishwashing liquid for a while. 9 out of 10 times, it works.
Yeah, Dawn is my go-to also, and it almost always works. This was the one time in 10 that it didn’t, darn it. I’m going to give it another dose of Dawn, but I’ve also put the Tide pen on my grocery list to have on hand as well. Thanks for the tip! I don’t know how I do it, but I always seem to get spots of oil on my t-shirts. I manage it even when I’m wearing an apron. :dunno: This was either oil from making brownies or from the fish oil I add to the cats’ food.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I
1) mailed off the Rhodophiala to my daughter, having packed them up last night
2) went to WalMart. No Tidy Cat litter in the version we use. Sigh. They did have shower2shower so I bought two. Bought one pair of blue jeans in the size I am wearing but did not want to try on. If they fit I'll get a couple more pairs. Who did I see, there by the blue jeans, but a good friend from the Wednesday knitting group that has not met since last February! No hugs but lots of good conversation. I miss my Stitch Sisters! No cashiers, had to use self checkout.
3) Onward to Shoprite. They did have the Kitty Litter! I decided to get two tubs. I'm getting too old to easily heave 35 pound buckets of kitty litter into the child seat on the shopping cart, then into my car. In fact, a woman looking about similar vintage to me asked if I needed help getting it into the car. I thanked her but said I would manage. Thanks to Himself and a hand truck they are now rolled around outside the house to the basement door, inside, and into the storage site.
4) Since we have less that 2 weeks of Tiny Tiger I need to call Chewy's and order more.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh my, our babies just don't understand.I'm glad things are almost back to normal. When my Nikki went in for neutering surgery he would have nothing to do with my Lena,....acted like he didn't like her and he adored her!! I called doc next day.and she said that was normal, he would come around and he did afer a few days but Lena was heartbroken for 2 days.Your constitutional sounds do relaxing!

Regular stuff

Put a load of smalls in the washer. Getting the food ready for the Ginger Gang, they are feral and I noticed Chrissie has Conrad's face but smaller and he, (Connie), always lets him eat first. Connie, and who I think is his bro, ate on the deck together.. I now keep 2 bowls of dry good on deck.When Chrissie comes I give him a can of wet food. He's growing so long, legs are too big for his body but he is filling out, angel boy. He allows me to pet him but still growls. Connie has finally started to eat on deck with me sitting on chair. This started 2 days ago.I got tired of going in when he came to eat, He would sit on the deck steps until I would go in. He sees me pet Chrissie so maybe that is why he will eat when I'm on chair.There are woods and a creek by my house, a small jungle for kitties.
My Vincie girl loved it there. Little gray tabby still comes..Thinks he's king of the deck, ha!!👑

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Take youngest to school to pick up textbooks
Throw in a load of laundry to wash

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

1) Placed Chewy's order yesterday. Told it would arrive Thursday, maybe Friday, Saturday at the latest. Seems people are stocking up, though not as frantic as February / March. Guess what? I checked this morning and it is out for delivery, to arrive today. No complaint.
2) Have a load of whites in the clothes washer. When done they'll go in the dryer.
3) Having just wedged everything from yesterday's shopping trip that needs to be kept cool into the refrigerator, today I need to remove, rearrange, clean up.
4) Rain forecast for tomorrow but some plants cannot wait. I'll need to water those pots before I start repotting freesia etc. One of the outside hoses developed a crack in the repair widgit by the spray nozzle. Guess what? Repair kits for 1/2 inch hoses are no longer available. Only 5/8 inch size. I have extra hoses. Himself will swap one over for me.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Try to get closure on what happened last night and if it was indeed Shaman. Not knowing is the worst.
2. Try and carry on the best I can
3. Find out what this strange knocking sound is in the house. Mom doesn't hear it. No one does but I do and its being recorded. Ugh

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When I got up to feed the girls, my head was pounding. Went back to bed and just got up again. I feel better, thankfully.
Vacuumed and swiffered in the she shed yesterday. Re-arranged some books. Swept the deck and patio. Rick was up in the garden, taking down some corn stalks yesterday afternoon. I try to keep an eye on him, just to make sure everything is OK. He's an epileptic and I tend to worry, probably more than I should. Anyway, I looked up and no Rick. Anywhere. I figured he was bending down, but then I noticed the fence was closed. He was stretched out in the Adirondack chair, fast asleep. He had a good nap. :)
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, went back to bed, and am now sitting back here with my coffee. Must scoop boxes after the trash-weenie goes and I can bring the trash can back up to the house.
  • Tomatoes and peppers (making marinara sauce and roasting peppers to use in dinner tonight). I have a small ton of tomatoes again. Quite a few peppers, too.
  • Start season 3 of Blindspot tonight.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Go to the grocery store (if it's not pouring when I get there)
Fold some laundry and put more in the washer/dryer

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The marinara sauce turned out beautifully yesterday. I like being able to use our own tomatoes, peppers, squash, etc. for dinner. It kind of makes it more special.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:00 or so, then dragged our butts out of bed. I'm enjoying my coffee. Will scoop boxes in a bit.
  • Threw a load of laundry in the washer
And I'm thinking that will pretty much be my day. Not a lot going on.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Yesterday's load of laundry now folded. Next load in clothes washer.
2) Didn't get to refrigerator yesterday so that's on my sort-of-a-list for today.
3) Entered pasta I had bought at the grocery store into my excel spread sheet for preps. Hmm. Were boxes of pasta always 12 ounces? I thought they were 16 ounces.
4) Took a tiny container of chili out of freezer so Himself can have a chili dog for supper, black bean and corn salad on the side. Me? Not sure what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.