Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I tried my luck with tomato sauce. Cooked the tomatoes, then ran them through the food mill. Ended up with a quart of sauce. I had to cook it and cook it and cook it. But it finally reduced.
  • Slept in this morning and I need to stop doing that. I think if I start getting up at 6:00, maybe I'll sleep better at night. Rick came in this morning to scoop the box and Molli and I were sitting on the edge of the bed "talking". Had my coffee while having a political phone conversation with Bob from work. It was pretty much a three-way conversation because Rick joined in. Good talk!
  • Must make a pizza dough ball for supper tonight. I think I'm going to make four dough balls this time because I always end up using the other balls to make quick bread sticks, as long as I remember to get the dough out of the freezer ahead of time.
  • Will throw grape tomatoes in the dehydrator tonight. And I have to chop some peppers.
Finished streaming Prodigal Son last night; it was actually pretty good. Now I have to find something else. Or ask Rick for another recommendation as he's the one who recommended PS.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Earn $5 in surveys in next 2 1/2 hours so I can feed the cats
2. Set up appointment for tooth extraction next week (3K less expensive then a root canal)
3. Take Mom to doctor

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. It's a lovely morning. Nice and even a bit on the coolish side. A breeze gently coming in through the windows. Nice.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Threw the first of two loads of laundry in the washer
  • Must check on my stash of molasses; I'd like to make a shoo-fly cake this morning. Rick went on a rampage last night, looking for something sweet. Hit the kitchen, hit the freezers. That man has a serious sweet tooth.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, do wipe-downs in kitchen and bathroom (but the kitchen won't ever be clean-clean until tomato season is over).
  • I lost some measuring cups somewhere along the line. I'm going to have to take a corner cabinet apart; maybe they're in there and I'm just not seeing them. My cabinets are a nightmare again.
  • Muffin and Mollipop both need dentals, so I must make appts to take Muffin down first, then Molli. The vet gave us an estimate of $1,000 to $1,200 each. *gulp* Dentals really got expensive!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff, little tabby came for his brekkie

Going to cleanse Cal's private areas. She's sleeping on the chair now so I'll do it later on. Will use some old,
very soft cotton tanks. She usually doesn't mind it. I'll use Dove Body Wash.and warm water. I'll wash what I
use with bleach and then the sheets and throws she's been sleeping on.

Probably read on the deck and watch a movie later on. Not up to walking to Farmer's Mkt. Maybe next week.
Glad they're open for another month or so.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I had a Zoom meeting with a garden club chapter - tour of a member's garden where there had been a scheduled picnic.Phoey on covid-19. No picnic. Lovely to see people again, even if only via Zoom.

Costco had boneless pork loins on sale when we were there. So I bought one. Cut into four pieces, about 1.5 / 2 pounds apiece. Three are individually wrapped, in heavy plastic bag, in freezer. Fourth one - I sauteed onions. Browned roast very well. Mixed up barbecue sauce, a little bourbon, some orange juice, liquid smoke, the remains of a container of fresh salsa and dumped it all on top of the pork and onions in the slow cooker. Zested a mandarin orange and arranged the strips orange side down on top of the roast. Can we say "Dinner!"

And having gotten a call - after lunch I'm off to the orchard to get a basket of peaches.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Clipped Mom's toenails. (She cooperated this time for a change.)
2. Laundry
3. And for once going to relax and watch Pluto TV. I never knew it was free and that I can watch Classic Doctor Who on there til at the dentist. Right Now Tom Baker is the Doctor on channel 370 Pluto TV Yes my dentist puts on TV while working on your teeth lol

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
aliceneko aliceneko A telescope! Oh, that is so awesome! We bought our son a telescope one year as part of his Christmas presents and we had so much fun with that thing. Enjoy!
Furballsmom Furballsmom I really can't. That's their vet and hospital and they know the girls. I hate to take them someplace else. They've already had the blood work for the anesthesia.

Made tomato puree yesterday and managed about 4 quarts with the big tomatoes and even the little grapes. So no dehydrator this time around. Cooked them down, ran them through the food processor, then strained them well. I did a taste test and it's not bad at all. No salt, no sugar, no spices. I'll use the puree in dishes that will be seasoned on their own. I did season the stewed tomatoes with basil, oregano, and marjoram. (As I finished the puree and started cleaning the kitchen, Rick came down from the garden with a large Tupperware bowl of tomatoes and peppers. I think we'll have ripening tomatoes in the kitchen well into frost. And we have tons of wee little peppers starting to grow again on the plants. I don't think they'll get as large as the first batch, but even little peppers are good.)
  • Molli and I lounged this morning, but still up by 8:00. I slept a bit better last night. Having my coffee now. Must scoop in a bit.
  • Stripped the bed down and threw the sheets in the washer. I remade the bed with different sheets, so we'll just fold the laundered ones and put them away. I was just washing the sheets and putting them back on the bed, but I got tired of seeing those same sheets! :)
  • Time to start working on a grocery list.
And that will be my Sunday (I think).

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, do the girls need extractions?
aliceneko aliceneko Oh, I've always wanted a telescope! Have you used it yet?

got up at 11:00 last night because someone was shooting off fireworks in my backyard!! I put the motion light
on and went out on the deck, can't believe I did that, ha!! I had the phone and flashlight in my hand. What was
even stranger was Cal went on deck with me!! She is terrified of fireworks!!...didn't see anything but I was awake
so decided to have a cuppa. Then they did it again! I was so :censored: annoyed. No more after that. I didn't call the
police because they never seem to be able to catch who is doing it. cool right now

went back to bed

got up for the second time and did regular stuff

it's cool now...wish it would stay like this all day

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do 7 days of writing lessons in one day because Google Calendar and Microsoft Calendar are MAJOR Fails
2. Earn at the least $10 on my Qmee survey site
3. Housework.

There goes a day of rest and relaxation

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Both girls will need extractions; Mollipop has a broken tooth, which must be removed. And I'm sure Muffin will need some teeth removed as well. We put the dentals off due to quarantine, but they really do need to have these done. They're still setting off fireworks around here, but mainly on weekends. And not in our backyard!

Wow, last night was downright chilly after the heat and humidity that we'd been having. No window fan last night. And I slept fairly well. Chilly this morning, too. We watered the veggie garden yesterday and I watered around the she shed. While Rick was working in the garden yesterday afternoon, he deep-watered each tomato plant while weeding. We're ready to do a rain dance!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I think I can let tomatoes go until tomorrow.
  • A few groceries this morning as soon as Rick gets out of bed.
  • Vacuum and dust, clean bathroom and kitchen.
  • Vacuum and dust in the she shed. I had taken the plants back into the shed on Saturday because we were supposed to get rain (never happened). Now I'm glad I did because of the coolness right now.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Get tooth extracted (yaay, no more pain)
2. Earn a few more dollars before leaving as need to pick up cat food on the way
3. Ignore Treasure who likes playing games with me to see how worried I'll get

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I hope the dental work goes well for your girls. My Nikki had bad teeth from the start. He lived to
be 16 and lost about 6 teeth on his own. One of the front ones was sticking straight out and his breath was
foul. I pulled on the tooth a bit and the entire thing, root and all, came out. I cleansed the area with 2/3 water
and 1/3 peroxide. I was glad that happened. A dental visit would have been very expensive and with him never
weighing over 5 pounds, I was afraid to have him underneath general anesthesia unless absolutely necessary.

regular stuff

put a load of clothes in the washer

We got a storm on Sunday afternoon that gave us a lot of rain non-stop for about an hour. It came down in buckets
and the streets had streams. We need more but that was a good soaking.

My hair is still too thick but I'll deal with it till next payday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 . They're scheduled. Muffin will go first, followed by Mollipop. I know they'll be fine, but I always worry.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:00 this morning. We were awake, but "chatting". Well, I was talking to her; she was making an effort to listen intently, but I think that she thinks, "Why is Mom blathering? Doesn't she know I want to sleep?" We got up, I gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast, and I just let Molli back into the bedroom. She jumped up in bed, curled up, and is napping. I'm drinking my coffee. Muffin is in my lap and now I'm talking to her.
  • I need to call the garage. Clarence and I went out for a drive yesterday; he lost his power steering. I kept driving him because he really needed to be driven. Got him home and will call the garage this afternoon.
  • Tomatoes! I'm going puree tomatoes today. And chop peppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.