Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suspect it should be "dumped, washed, and refilled" I'm stuck at "completely stubbed entire bathroom" unless that should be "scrubbed" My problems come from typing with two fingers - one on each hand - and ignoring spell check because auto-correct is often out in left field.

Today is overcast and sprinkling rain. Oh joy. Not.

1) We're getting a delivery of cut-to-length firewood rounds, about a cord and a half, which will be dumped off for Himself to split, move, stack before cold weather. (Not sure what "cold weather" is. Do you know?)
2) Work on the basement, which smells musty after the water that got in from Storm Isaias. Since it is humid out Himself doesn't want to open the slider and have a box fan blowing air around. Run the dehumidifier, I guess, and need sort through things I've been meaning to get to.
3) Make a list for tomorrow's run to Wal-Mart and Shoprite. We need some things and day-by-day I've been putting off. Lately I just don't want to go out.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so tired tonight. Going to grab a shower and go to bed. My back and hip are aching. I went right from one thing to another to another all day today. It is time-consuming to prepare the veggies for the freezer.
  • Did the morning thing with the cats and the dishwasher
  • Chopped a ton of peppers and threw them in the freezer
  • Stewed 4 quarts of tomatoes
  • Then I took the skins from those tomatoes and threw them in the dehydrator
  • Took the skins out of the dehydrator trays, washed the trays, and then halved five full trays of grape tomatoes and they'll dehydrate overnight. In case anybody is wondering, that's one heckuva lot of little tomatoes.
  • Stripped the bed, laundered the sheets and put them back on the bed
  • Did a quick vacuum about the house
  • I haven't even scooped the boxes yet, so I need to do them
I never want to see another tomato or pepper for as long as I live! I swear!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Slow down, Pam, and take a break! Goodness, I hope your back and hip feel better.:hugs:

Regular stuff

Put sheets in dryer that I washed last night but first did a second rinse

Cal wouldn't go out for her morning walkabout. I thought she was getting used to little tabby but she is jealous.
She had brekkie and catnip Temptations.

Nicole has 2 coworkers who have contracted COVID19. One of them
sits about 5 feet from her and their backs are towards each other but her coworker is coming back today and
she's only been gone for 3 weeks. She works for six docs and they will not test their employees if they don't
have symptoms. I think that is wrong but it's from the powers above, not their docs. They wear masks and since
the first case they now wear a plastic shield. One of her coworkers took a leave of absence under the Family Leave
Act. She said she doesn't feel safe from COVID there.

I removed the hair tie yesterday because my head hurt from the pony tail. There was a huge lump of hair sticking out
where it had been tied back. It looked scandalous because my hair is so thick so I brushed it well and put it back in a
looser pt. I'm thinking of getting about 4 inches cut off.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to work after being off since June 30th
Stop by grocery store for a few items on my way home
Stop by vet to drop off spay/neuter/vaccine paperwork since I didn't do it over the weekend.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I know Mia6 Mia6 . But the veggies are ready now and so I need to do them now. It's only for another month or so and then it will be over and we'll have veggies for the winter. I feel better than I did last night!
  • Molli and I stayed in bed for a while this morning. Rick came back and saw me with the top sheet at my nose. "What are you doing?" "I'm cowering!" "Cowering? Against what?" "Against the Tomato Invasion!" :) And Molli and I dragged our silly butts out of bed.
  • Washed some masks. We had more than normal as Bob came in a couple times last week, we had gone for groceries, and my sister stopped by last night for her cookies. I usually wash them once a week. They're in the bathroom now drying on a towel. I always wash them by hand. You know, it's sad that wearing masks and caring for our masks have become so much a part of our lives, well, for most of us anyway. We just do it now and don't think a thing of it. It's sad that we've become so attuned to our masks. It's good that we have; don't get me wrong. But it's sad that we've come to this. And had to come to this.
  • I cleared dried tomatoes off the dehydrator trays. It might be the humidity and heat, but some of them weren't completely dry, and that was since about 6:00 last evening and me changing the order of the trays several times. They were still a bit sticky, so I have one tray still drying. When it's finished, I'll process the tomatoes and the skins from yesterday.
  • Rick is up in the garden, looking at the second corn planting to see what's going on there. And I know there are peppers ready to be picked. (And tomatoes....sigh) Chopping peppers this afternoon and, maybe, husking and blanching corn for the freezer.
  • I did an order to Penzey. They're giving free cinnamon and I'm really running low on cinnamon. I should be good now for holiday baking. I needed mustard, smoked paprika, peppercorns. I like their granulated garlic and was running low on that, too. Got Tellicherry peppercorns as well as Indian Extra Bold Black peppercorns. Then I'll mix them. I have no peppercorns in my spice cabinets and only a wee bit of ground pepper left. It was time for an order.
  • Did one large load of laundry, dried them, and put everything away.
  • I've been watching Prodigal Son on Hulu out in the shed. It took me a while to get into it, but I like it. I'm on Episode 10.
  • I never include this and I guess I should. I'm still walking at least 10,000 steps every day. Not all at one time, just in spurts throughout the day. Every little bit helps.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Stripped our bed, washed the sheets, got them into the dryer and then
2) Went to Walmart and Shoprite for all sorts of groceries and non-groceries and kitty litter that I have been avoiding going out for. Do Not like going out shopping.
3) While I did that Himself started splitting firewood - we had a load delivered yesterday.
4) Now I need to get off TCS and go into the basement to continue cleaning up from the water that came in from Isaias.

Maybe I'll go remake our bed first . . . After all, that's not procrastination. It is necessary, right?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick did bring some ears of corn in from the garden yesterday. After finishing up the tomatoes, I blanched and cut corn for the freezer. We had some for dinner, so I only got about a pint for the freezer. He also brought in the inevitable tomatoes and some peppers, including some banana peppers. We sat out on the deck yesterday, husking corn. Our neighbor came over: Rick had offered him some tomatoes and peppers; I also gave him a pint of our zucchini relish. Rick was up in the back of the property, mowing around the property line last night. Our neighbor walked over to tell Rick that they really loved the relish! That stuff is a real winner around here.

Oh, did you hear the shrieking and screaming coming from central PA? It was horrible! Such carrying on as you've never heard! The yelling and the cussing! Why, it was horrible! Mollipop and Tabby got their claws clipped and their ears cleaned. I do know Molli knows such words; she uses them every month! But it's still not nice hearing them!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Need to scoop boxes in a bit.
  • Will chop some peppers this morning.
  • A quick vacuum about the house
  • I need to take Clarence out for a spin; it's probably been a good six weeks again since he's been on the road and that's not a good thing.
Nothing big or exotic today. Just a regular day.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unload dishwasher before heading into work

Try to stay under the radar at work and hope the day goes by fast

Watch Game 1 of the Stanley Cup after work.
(Although I want the Capitals to win (they won't), I am rooting for the Columbus Blue Jackets too because Boone was named after one of their players, Boone Jenner)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, did you hear the shrieking and screaming coming from central PA? It was horrible! Such carrying on as you've never heard! The yelling and the cussing! Why, it was horrible! Mollipop and Tabby got their claws clipped and their ears cleaned. I do know Molli knows such words; she uses them every month! But it's still not nice hearing them!
Ha!!!! Little Tabby cussing? hee, hee

Regular Stuff I took some litter out to the bin and when I got in, little grey tabby was walking around the kitchen!!
He must've snuck in when I took the litter out, darling boy. I wish I could have him.

Floors need mopped, living room needs dusted and vacuumed.

Finally got my hair cut yesterday. She took about 4 inches off. I showed her a pic from an online article from Southern Living.The cut is called a shaggy bob but I don't think she took enough off because I can still put it up in a small ponytail. I bought Rewind made by Redken from Amazon so I'll see what I can do with it when it arrives.

I so miss our old world, before COVID19. When I'm on my deck reading, it's easy to get wrapped up in book and forget about it for awhile. and I do. If I thought about it constantly it would not be healthy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I think that little boy has chosen you for his new mama. :hearthrob:
I'm thinking about 4 inches of my hair, too. But for now, I'm going to let the color go and let the grey come in as it wants.

Headache this morning. Not a migraine; I think it's a combination of the heat, the humidity, and wearing my hair in a clip all the time. And even with a clip, it's still on my shoulders; this is the longest my hair has been in a while. I started in with the headache last night and still have it this morning. When Molli and I got up, Rick said he had just awakened again, too; he has a nasty headache as well. He took some pills and feels much better. Again, the heat and humidity aren't helping.
  • Made my coffee this morning.
  • Will scoop as soon as the trash guy goes and I can bring the can up from the road.
  • Went out to the shed deck to check on my plants; we had a bit of wind last night. They're fine. I used dehumidifier water to water the hydrangeas and the azaleas. But I may have to water tonight; the hosta looks a little thirsty.
And that's it so far. I have no plans for the afternoon. I'm sticky just sitting here.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

Little tabby was here yesterday, Big ginger and little ginger. Tabby lets little ginger eat, sweet boy.

Going to Marion's Closet today. For $10.00 a year you can get (free) 8 items of clothing per week,
10 things like blankets and bedding, and 10 items like lamps, rugs, etc. I haven't been since they
moved to their new building. They were closed for 2 months because of COVID. I'm excited.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another sleepless night....last time I looked at the clock, it was 3:55. And the cats made sure I was up at 6:00. Going to be a long day. I don't know why I'm having such trouble with sleep lately.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • More tomatoes for the freezer. I'll dehydrate more grape tomatoes overnight tonight, too. And chop some peppers.
  • A quick vacuum throughout the house this afternoon

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another sleepless night....last time I looked at the clock, it was 3:55. And the cats made sure I was up at 6:00. Going to be a long day. I don't know why I'm having such trouble with sleep lately.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • More tomatoes for the freezer. I'll dehydrate more grape tomatoes overnight tonight, too. And chop some peppers.
  • A quick vacuum throughout the house this afternoon
By 3:55, I was already on the road for work. :lol: I hate sleepless nights especially during the week when I know I don't have a chance to try to catch up on missed sleep because I get up for work at 2:30am.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning we had thundering feet galloping through the house, up the stairs, bank shot off the bed . . . I suspect Mr Poe and Domino wanted their breakfast.

This morning I need to drive Himself to the health center for his monthly PT/INR test. His car is in the shop getting the passenger side mirror repaired - he'd swerved to miss a puddle and hit someone's mailbox last week.

As long as we're out we'll go to Costco and get gas for my car plus a can of gas. Now that he's splitting firewood it's important to have fuel on hand for the splitter.

And since we're at Costco might as well go inside.

Plus I want to stop at Lowes and see about getting a bale of peat moss. It's soon time to start repotting the dormant bulbs that flower in the greenhouse in winter - oxblood lilies, lachenalia, freesia, cyclamen. They get a very lean mix of peat moss, compost, and fine gravel that I shovel out of the seasonal brook.

And then at some point take Himself to pick up his car.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Going to be a long day. I don't know why I'm having such trouble with sleep lately.
A lot of us are. I think it has something to do with COVID19 New strange world.

Regular stuff

Will put a load of throws in soon as I don't want the dryer running any later than about 9:00am. My hair isn't short
or thinned out enough.Some stylists are afraid to go too short because a lot of people freak when they think too
much has been taken off. I haven't been to her in about 4 years. I'm thinking of calling her and asking if she could
take a few more inches off and thin it. Best Cuts, the salon I had been going to closed because of COVID19.
Little tabby was here this morning, darling boy. Big and little gingers were here yesterday. I kept putting ice cubes
in their water.

Cal has been staying cool in the bedroom, snoozing.

Status
Not open for further replies.