Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to get out of bed to start an emergency load of laundry so my son had a black shirt for work.

Apparently order more black shirts for my son because I just did laundry Thursday!!

Wash the rest of the family's laundry as well as dust and vacuum the house

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I hope your back heals quickly. You take care!

Hot, hot, hot!

Rick's turn to get up with the girls, so Molli and I lounged for a while. I'm starting to like lounging mornings.
  • Stripped the bed and threw the first of two loads of laundry into the washer. I'll need to scoop in a bit.
  • Sitting back here enjoying my coffee.
  • My co-worker/friend is coming by later on to take my old Foodi Grill home. I also put together a box of spices and seasonings for him to play with. I have the new XL Smart Foodi Grill that I was testing and they told me I could keep it. Yay! So I offered my old Grill to Bob and he was glad to get it. He tried to buy a case of Smirnoff Ice, but the distributor was out of the original flavor, so he had to get a case of different flavors. One flavor is Screwdriver. I offered to trade him some Original flavor bottles for some Screwdriver bottles. Never had that flavor.
  • I have to make a wee bit of macaroni salad to have with our steaks tonight. And make a couple pitchers of mint tea.
  • Finish mulching that front flower bed and vacuum the pool.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Try to figure out what to do about this tooth (no money, no insurance, no dentist, unable to leave elderly mother alone who refuses anyone else to come see her and who refuses to leave house with me.)

2. Clean basement again (still getting these dang bugs)

3. Clean cat area again

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom What happened to your back? Glad the meds help you have a restful night.

regular stuff

washing some clothes now, Kaylee will fold, don't want dryer running when it gets hot out

make a list for K.

removed the hairband and clips from the pony-tail,phone ringing, it's The Patty Duke show wanting Patty's hair style back.
I must get my hair trimmed and thinned out. I still have 2 boxes of color so after the cut it must be colored or I will have to
wear my baseball cap whenever I'm outside as not to frighten people.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got up, dressed and to work.

Unloaded the dishwasher

Trying to figure out how to get out of a business trip to Norfolk, VA. Might have to use the Covid19 excuse since that area is being hit hard. Real reason is I just don't want to go (at least not with the co-worker I'd be going with) and I don't want to leave my babies (fur babies, not human ones :lol: )

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls this morning. It's already really sticky and warm.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Either Rick or I will scoop.
  • We will hopefully get to Lowes this morning; it depends on how Rick feels when he gets up. He had a restless night and not a lot of sleep. I was awake yet at 3:00 this morning, so I didn't do any better than he did.
  • I'm going to call the hair salon and ask my stylist to please call me back when she has a few minutes. I want to see what all is involved in coloring my hair grey and white or whatever she thinks might be best. And then it's done. It's been "interesting" watching that demarcation line move further down my head with the grey/white above and the reddish brown below. But enough is enough and I'm starting to feel like a freak. I don't want a lot of hair damage, though, so depending on what she says, I may not have it done. We'll see.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a very restless night... I went to bed at 10pm... saw 11:30, 1:30 am, 3:00am.. tossed and turned.. bathroon, a couple of times. Geoffrey was getting tired of jumping up and down from the bed.

I finally woke up at 7:45... very very late for me.. Got out of bed at 8:30am... 1/2 the day is gone, for me...

Was planning on going to cemetery today, but it is supposed to be the worst day of all for heat..
96 degrees predicted with the heat index around 106 degrees.. too hot!:eek:

My back is still stiff and sore.. seems a bit better, but not normal.. I have a ton of clothes to wash, but I cannot even think of digging them downstair to laundry room, then washing them. too much for me..

I had to call the laundry service to do them~~~ something I never do for my underwear, and darks.. I do them myself.

Today..
Slowly do regular things
Played with Geoffrey
Do the back stretching exercises, a few times during the day
I need to see if I can walk downstair and out for a bit of air.. I feel like a hermit, living in a cage.. blinds drawn to keep it cool
Salad for lunch
Salad ordered for supper... may just save that and make myself a sandwich. I need something solid if I am going to take another muscle relaxer tonight.
Need to walk and stretch the back a bit... it is the swaying of my hips, when I walk that is making the spasms worse..

Venting; in-between listen my plans for the day... what is left of it..I will say some prayers inbetween during the day..

Lie on bed with Geoffrey for a while.

Basically taking it easy..

Need to call some scripts in.. Pick them up tomorrow... early..

another easy, do nothing day...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I hope your back feels better soon.

Rick and I both ended up sick yesterday. We spent most of the day in the bathroom or lying down. We don't know what it was, but it was nasty. I even wondered if it was some kind of food poisoning, but all we had were the rib-eyes on Sunday. And Rick had asked me to make mac and cheese instead of macaroni salad. Our veggie salad had lettuce (from the grocery), but the rest of the stuff was fresh from the garden and very well washed. We've been munching on the lettuce for several days now. I have no idea, but it wasn't pretty. It was ridiculously hot and humid and we spent yesterday afternoon in the shed. I feel better this morning, but Rick is still feeling wiped out.
  • Rick got up with the girls, but I'm done sleeping, so I got up, too. Back here with my morning coffee. Need to scoop the boxes.
  • The house could use vacuumed and swiffered.
  • I'm going to spend the afternoon in the pool.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thank you for the well wishes.. Three days of the nite time muscle relaxer, some advil/tylenol mix, along with stretching exercises and rest; it feels better this morning.

I hope both you and Rick are feeling better. Weird that you would both come down at the same time, with the same thing.... almost seems like food poisoning...

What type of lettuce did you use for the salad? I saw on FB that Fresh Express had a issue with listeria on their bagged salads. I forget the expiration date, but it was in July.. I noticed the recall last week.

Personally, I do not use Fresh Express products. There has been too many food poisoning issues with them, over the years.

I buy Olivias Organics. My cousin's husband is in the produce business. The owner of Olivias is a friend of the family. I am assured by all of them that they are a reputable company and very clean. They triple wash their products. I think Trader Joes lettuce is from them. This is the only brand of boxed lettuce I buy..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*I need to get some scripts and pick up some more disposable masks..The ones I have are breaking--- elastic not secured well.
~~Out soon as I post this..
*Will shower when I return,
*regular morning stuff.
*another hibernation day, in the AC with the blinds drawn... It is expected to be in 90's with heat index in the 100's.. and poor quality air..
*Have to do a few phone calls...
*On and off computer all day.. I should really add more litter to G's box; but afraid of pulling back out again...
*Salad for lunch, I think either a sandwich or more salad for supper... not cooking, as of yet...
Already played with Geoffrey, had breakfast.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make another appointment to get youngest his Learner's Permit (but I know it will get canceled for a third time :mad:)

Call our trash service to find out why it wasn't picked up yesterday

Stop by the grocery store for a couple items to get through until Thursday

Clean litter box

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. so far this morning I

1) did a load of laundry, which needs to get into the dryer
2) watered all the outside pots that did not get watered yesterday evening. Hoping this will encourage it to rain.
2a) while I was standing around holding the hose I pulled a large tub's worth of nearby weeds. Mostly jewel weed and stilt grass, both of which are easy to evict.
3) Put a jar of water and tea bags outside to brew in the sun, for tomorrow. I'm drinking about a quart a day, prefer to refrigerate and chill before consuming.

And there's still the afternoon, hours and hours to find things to occupy my time.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I should really add more litter to G's box; but afraid of pulling back out again...
Can you find a (admittedly probably slower :) ) way to scoop a small amount from the litter container into the litter box, repeatedly until it's at the desired level in the box?

I pulled a buckets worth of undesirable plants from the front yard, one of which has those nasty little "stickers" that get into clothing, skin, fur... (It's called bullheads I think although for the life of me I don't understand the association of the name lol). In any case considering there aren't supposed to be any, but since I couldn't keep up with it this year it got ahead of me, that was a lot.

Today, cat chores, fish chores, light handwatering

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I had just bought a head of Foxy lettuce, which is what we've been using for a long time. And we'd been using it, so I don't think it was that. We really have no idea. Thankfully, we are feeling better now. Thank you. And I'm so glad your back is doing better.

We gave the garden a good watering last night and then I took the hose over to the shed and watered everything there, too. Our t-storms turned into a couple spritzes yesterday morning and that was it. The vegetable garden is really getting stressed. I doubt we'll have much in the way of corn at all.

I also turned the bed back into a sofa yesterday out in the shed and then cleaned the shed from top to bottom. The larger shed plants are outside on the deck to stay (unless we get a bad rain/wind storm). When I was done in the shed, I came back into the house and vacuumed and swiffered the house and wiped down the bathroom and kitchen. I keep giving everything a lick and a promise because of the heat and humidity.
  • Breakfast for the girls and am sitting back here with my coffee. No dishwasher to empty because I did it last night. My turn to scoop boxes.
  • Off to Lowes after Rick drags his butt out of bed. We have a longish list this time. Also Tractor Supply to grab a new mower blade for the push mower.
  • Pool time this afternoon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Hope you're soon on the mend.
Winchester Winchester Pam, glad you and Rick are feeling better.Nothing worse than intestinal
problems

Regular stuff My tea tasted sooo good this morning. Didn't do anything differently, but it hit the spot.

Going to put some clothes in the washer

Kaylee was back to her old self yesterday. She made some shelving from baskets I wasn't
using and it looks much better in the kitchen, not so cluttered. Remember the basket kick
from the 80s, ha! I can't remember the name of the company but Nicole had a tour. It was
somewhere here in Ohio.

Little tabby slept on one of the deck chairs last night. I put a thin cotton blanket on it last night.
He just loves my Cal. She doesn't;bother his food. He loves Friskies canned food. Je and Cal
like Ocean Whitefish and Tuna.

My nephew has C Diff and has lost over 20 pounds in 2 weeks. He contracted it from taking a lot
of antibiotics, He had strep 3 times over the winter He's been on meds for a week but still has
diarrhea. It's a nasty infection and very contagious

Tomatoes are about ready to pop out of their flowers, still very small..

Status
Not open for further replies.