artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
regular morning stuff
Give Geoffrey his laxatone
brush Geoffrey
bills
maybe just a walk downstair and around the building, to see how hot it really is
nothing....
salad for lunch? or popcorn
supper, ? turkey sandwich or salt for supper...

It is going to be a lazy day. Yesterday was busy.. very busy..

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just came in from the she shed this morning; I always sleep so well out there. Rick didn't come out. He didn't want to close the house up in this heat because of the cats and he didn't want to be away from the house and let it open in case it rained. I was going to come back inside and be with him, but he told me to get my butt out to the shed and enjoy. So I did. It took me a while to fall asleep, but once I did, that was it. It's comfortable out there. Meanwhile, Rick said the M & Ms were downright brats last night without me. They got into a huge tussle on the bed around midnight or so, followed by another one at 2:00, followed by yet another one around 6:00. He was not amused. Me? I slept like a well-behaved baby. He said that we'll try again some night this week. I hope so. I like being out there alone, but I like it better when he's with me.
  • Came into the house, made my coffee and gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast
  • Still working on that grocery list, working on a Lowes list, too
  • A bit of a vacuum and swiffer, but nothing exotic

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All the things that needed to get done before the heat cranked up outside 🔥

Make lunches, --we always have a salad on the days when Dean's working, sort of a holdover from the full-on 40 hour workweeks when going to an Irish pub with his boss regularly was determined to be quite enjoyable but a really bad idea lol

Sort through hummingbird and fish supplies, toss whatever and donate whatever.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Well did that. Now I need to figure out how to wall mount an old iPad to outside wall. I noticed Treasure keenly interested in the birds but the old ipad was laying on the ground. It needs to be wall mounted instead to be more realistic. He doesn't even notice the single crack on the screen. But my iPad can't be upgraded any further than IOS 12.4.8 so it's basically obsolete.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back in the house last night. And the girls were perfect little angels....until 6:15 when Molli went after Muffin in the computer room and Muffin started screaming. That was my cue to drag my sorry butt out of bed. But last night, when I told Molli I was going to bed, she leaped off the cat tree and met me at the bedroom door. And she stayed right in my arms until around 2:00 or so when she went up to her pillow at my head and settled down. I think she missed me on Sunday. We tried taking Muffin out to the shed for a while last night, but no luck. After a couple minutes, she really started to cry and it was a stress cry, so we brought her back in the house. I keep trying, but they really don't like it out there.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, put butter in the microwave to soften a bit, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • We're finally able to see Rick's mom (haven't seen her since March). The nursing home set up a booth out front under the portico. She goes into one end, we enter at the other end and there's plexiglass between her and us. A 20-minute limit. Anyway, she already told Rick that she would be very disappointed not to have cookies, so I'm baking white chip and macadamia nut cookies this morning. She wants library books on her Kindle, too, so I'll have to get that done before we go to visit. Rick's sister was in last week and she got the Kindle and disinfected it for me. I'll put books on it sometime this afternoon and we'll take it up tomorrow morning.
  • Other than the cookies, there's not much on my agenda for today. Maybe work outside a bit, throwing some mulch around the front flower bed. Thankfully we are *only* going to get into the upper 80s today, but the humidity is to be higher. Back to the Oppressive zone, according to our local weatherweenies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I have an ER button but it was on the nightstand. The b was gone, ha!!ed in the shed sounds nice. I forgot about it
and when you mentioned sleeping there I was happy to hear you had a comfortable night's sleep. Naughty girls,
fighting when mama
susanm9006 susanm9006 If it happened a lot I would get a rail but I don't want to tell my case manager because they
make such a big deal about falls.

Regular stuff
Put some laundry in, Kaylee will fold. On and off rain right now, supposed to clear up.She can't do a lot of things I need
done but I don't want to say anything. I know she needs the money badly so hopefully the fracture will heal soon.
I'll try to cut more of Cal's hair. Little tabby came yesterday..hadn't seen him in 3 days.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Go to Dollar Tree (need some items)
2. Get more cat food while out without Mom seeing
3. Look for Sopdet (every time she decides to go exploring for a day or two Treasure sits and yowls and whines non stop like he lost his best friend. I can't be with him 24/7 I have things to do inside as well)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How was your visit with Rick's mom? I bet she;ll enjoy the cookies

Regular stuff
Making a list for Kaylee
It's raining so I put food out for little tabby underneath the umbrella so it stays dry.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Up at a normal time..
Quick breakfast and internet look around
Out for some Groceries... I am still stocking up.. just a feeling. I think I have enough stuff, no room for more, but I do need perishables and some regular day to day stuff. Allergies have been fierce, so I need a lot of kleenex.
Home to finish morning things

hopefully wash bedspread, shams today.. and a rug.... or 2...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am in the stocking up process, too. I have to get the pantry back in order and get canned goods for the basement pantry. And re-stock the meat freezer. Paper towels are becoming difficult to find again. I plan to stock up on disinfectant, too.
Mia6 Mia6 Bless you for taking care of that little tabby. I really do enjoy sleeping in the shed.
strider rose strider rose I hope you're doing OK.

Rick got up with the girls and Mollipop and I lounged. I awakened to her lying all cuddled up next to me. We chatted for a while and then we got out of bed.
  • Gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast while I made my coffee
  • Just got back from visiting with Rick's mom. We are outside under the portico at the front of the building. She is in a plexigass booth with her mask and we are outside the booth wearing our masks. It's very loud with all the traffic. Evelyn has essential tremor, so it's very difficult to understand her even without a mask. When she talked to me, I had to turn to Rick to see what she said. I don't know what they're going to do when the colder weather arrives, but this is better than nothing. I put five books on her Kindle and she thanked me for the cookies; those are her favorite cookies.
  • I need to scoop boxes yet
  • Work outside this afternoon. We need rain desperately again.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , Winchester Winchester -- i'm also doing some stocking of some 'essential' supplies. i feel like there's a 'storm on the horizon' potentially, as far as the coronavirus goes. here in NY State we're holding pretty darn steady at very low new cases statewide, but the spread in most states is concerning. that may well be partly because NY was hit so hard early on, that i think many here are doing the things we know we need to do to avoid another 'spike' in cases (and all that comes along with it). and then there's the whatever they are......dudes doing crazy violent criminal things against citizens in Portland. so really two 'storms on the horizon'.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and slice a loaf of bread machine bread that i made.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I've fallen in love with little tabby, his name is Rebel and is my neighbor's cat who live
2 houses from me. His eye is infected and I'd take him to the vet if I had the money. The owner is
neglectful. They also have 2 other cats. My neighbor who knows them said the other 2 beat him up
so he doesn't get to eat. They also have 2 pit-bulls who get loose almost daily. The kids were in my yard
trying to catch them and little tabby was eating the food I gave him. I didn't want them to see me feeding
him. They were close with my neighbor on the other side of duplex but they had a falling out.

Regular stuff
May do some laundry
Make a list for Kaylee but she didn't do what was on yesterday's list and she had plenty of time.
They weren't tasks that would cause her ankle to act up.I was resting and she had gone. The rugs
were piled on the kitchen floor, not put back in place, clothes in dryer were not folded, she left clean
wet clothes in the washer. She's on her phone constantly. She wasn't like this before.I could rest
and didn't need to be concerned about things not being done. She has ADD and now can't afford the
meds she used to take to treat it. Need to have a talk with her

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I wish Callie wasn't so frightened of Rebel. You could just take him in the house and he'd have some peace (yes, I'm a firm believer in catnapping, when it's necessary). I'm so glad you're feeding that little guy. I really thought Kaylee was the answer to your prayers. I'm sorry it's not working out very well anymore.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I agree with you about the virus; that's why we're trying to stock up a bit, too. PA keeps going up, too, albeit slowly. On the way home from visiting Rick's mom yesterday, we saw a lot of cars from out of state: Virginia, NY, many from Texas, some from Tennessee.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • I filled the dishwasher with canning jars and rings and have it on Sanitize. I have a double batch of zucchini relish in the fridge, ready to start working on. Hoping to get 12 to 14 pints. That will take me most of the morning, possibly into the afternoon. I'm a very slow canner because I clean and clean and clean as I go. I'm paranoid of bacteria when I can foods.
  • I'll have a load of dish towels and dish cloths for the washer this afternoon.
We had a few spritzes of rain late yesterday afternoon, but that was it. Rick had to water the garden last night. He's going to take our recyclables down to the recycling center today. I'd like him to make a trip to the dump, too, but I doubt that will happen.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester and micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , Yes, the current situation in the US is bugging me.. My gut feeling is to stock up.. My friends are feeling the same way. Massachusetts has been very good about keeping the virus down, but you never know what is to come... It is fearful.

Where I am living, it will not take much to get the entire building quarantined, again. Last time, at 5 cases we were quarantined for 7 weeks. When we were offered the testing, 60 people did not get tested--fools... There were 2 asymptomatic positive cases!

Right now I seem to be ok with all the extra supplies. I am just going to replace my day to day stuff, as needed. I have enough spare.

Yesterday was busy:
Went out early to both Target and Market Basket (grocery store)
Got my iced coffee
Put stuff away
Washed dishes
Up and downstairs most of the day..
Very late shower,
Phone Calls
Very late shower.
Did not feel like eating--grazed on popcorn, a few crackers, some sourdough bread with my butter.
Brushed and gave Geoffrey his laxatone
Cemetery--my mom's anniversary
Put clean laundry away

Today:
Slept wrong--back is sore.. feels like a muscle spasm...
Regular morning things--late getting started and will be slow moving
Nothing... just hanging out the rest of the day.
Salad for lunch and supper... may put some protein in it.. have a package of chicken
perhaps walk around the building... very very humid with rain from 4-8pm...

Mia6 Mia6 I also wish you could just snatch Rebel... Wish Callie could tolerate him. Sounds so perfect for you.. He seems to really trust you, wanting love... you offer him protection and love... sigh...

If you could get Callie tolerant of him, you could think of asking the family for Rebel, permanently... since he is somewhat abused/frightened in his current home... I would not use the word abused, but he is.... ((hugs))

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Deep Clean House
2. Get my videos started (I play in background to earn money)
3. Practice my writing for upcoming NaNoWriMo
4. Enroll in some free e courses from my county library

Yes I know it's 4 and not 3 but this is what I need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.