Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hot and humid - must be summer. Stripped our bed, washed the sheets, hung outside. Unloaded dishwasher while my coffee was making. Fed cats, scooped litter pan. Put kitchen sponge holder outside on our front walk for Freecycle pickup this morning. That went well.

Decided to get rid of some purses I haven't used in like forever (and found over a dollar in change when making sure they were empty!.) Put them on Freecycle. Got a response from a woman who just loves crossbody purses. Fine, I said, here's my address, come today. Turns out that she wants to know if I'm coming to Flemington (about 15 l 20 minutes away) and she'll meet me there. Umm, no. Don't do delivery for Freecycle. Packed up purses in plastic bags, put out on street with a "Free" sign. If no one takes them today perhaps tomorrow morning the garbage pickup will either take them, or toss them in with the trash. Either situation works for me.

Will finish with bedroom and bathroom. Thinking about dinner - maybe chicken salad . . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Love chicken salad and I'm certain yours is amazing.
Winchester Winchester You had some big babies, Pam! The only other big one was my Lena, who shot up to
17 pounds and doc put her on reduction diet. It took over a year for her to lose 5 pounds. I think the
tabby is the mother of babies who've been underneath my neighbor's deck. She was eating this morning
on deck and Cal was hiding, trying to get back in, now she feels safe, my darling girl.

• regular morning routine
  • Kaylee will clean bathrooms, dust, vacuum, clean kitchen, laundry This is her four hour day
  • Need to catch up on sleep, Pain levels are high because of humidity and rain, need to calm them down.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The never-ending rain that was forecast for the last few days never showed up. Most of my potted plants are in rather large pots but they still need watering. So that's on today's schedule, as it was for yesterday, will be for tomorrow, as I work my way around the outside of the house - three sides have potted plants. I don't mind heat but dislike humidity, and this weather is more than I easily tolerate for heavy outdoor work.

Laundry in clothes washer. Will go into dryer when done. Jeans and towels are somewhat stiff / scratchy when dried on the line.

Himself didn't want chicken salad last night, "We had chicken just the other day." Umm, no, it was the day before the night before. Whatever. So he had a toaster oven grilled knockwurst on a bun, potato chips, coleslaw. I snacked. Chicken salad tonight, maybe, or maybe something else but it will be chicken.

Today I need to go to the farm and feed store for a dozen eggs - after Himself had egg in a hole for lunch and I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday evening we're down to just one egg! As long as I'm out I'll go to the IGA for whatever.

What an uninteresting day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were supposed to get rain last night. HA! We got a bit of a spritz and that was it. I'll be watering tonight.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher.
  • Ran errands this morning. Had my doctor appt. I was a little worried about diabetes, since my sister was recently diagnosed with it and it runs in the family. Nope. All good. BP a bit higher than normal, but that's because of my weight. Doctor sees no reason to change BP meds or anything. All in all, not too bad. Lecture to PLEASE lose weight, but that was it.
  • Went to a nursery where I found really nice big Stella D'oros for $10 each. Almost a steal. I bought six of them and may go back this afternoon for the rest of them. They were on a $10 table and there were quite a few left. I think they'll go around the shed patio. I also bought a little Massarelli gargoyle for in front of the deck. He's adorable.
  • Now I have to go outside and plant the lilies. Then do some mulching before Rick takes all my mulch.
  • More Elementary tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We got another t-storm, this time with rain! last night. :yess: Our soil was bone-dry around here as the storms kept missing us.
We spent the afternoon outside, planting and mulching. This morning I could barely get out of bed; my lower back is really giving me fits this summer. Rick told me last night that he's getting burned out from all the yard work. We've been working, working, working. I don't blame him. With the virus going on, it's been months since we've really done anything and we're tired of yard stuff.

My brother is having knee surgery this morning at 8:00. Honestly, I'm scared to death for him. He came down with a massive staph infection (they don't know how) that's spread throughout his body. He's been in hospital for over a week, while they've tried all kinds of antibiotics. They thought they had it under control and, in fact, he thought he was going home yesterday. But the blood samples they took cultured and the infection is still there. They're taking his artificial knee out this morning, will clean the area out, and put in a temporary knee. And pray that helps. Once they get the infection under control, he'll keep that knee for about 6-8 weeks while they give him meds through a PICC line. If they can get it all under control, he'll go back into hospital and have another permanent knee put in. This is a man who's already had two knee replacements in both knees because the first replacements didn't work right. He's been dealing with knee problems now for a good 7-8 years and I'm more than a little worried about his mental health right now. My brother does not cry, but he cried yesterday when they told him what was going on. I had a long talk with him last night and he's not in a good place. The only thing that, I think, keeps him going is my SIL. They dearly, dearly love each other and he'd never do anything to hurt her. She will do whatever she can to care for him. I know that. But I'm scared for him anyway. And we can't visit because of the damn virus. She can only see him for about 15 minutes. She does a great job of staying in contact. I'm just really scared for him.
  • I told Dear Richard to stay in bed this morning until he felt like getting up. Even if it's an all-day thing, I don't care. I gave the girls breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Molli's in the cat tree back here, sound asleep.
  • Run down to Target at some point today as Rick's meds are ready.
  • I'm going to work outside, probably up in the garden.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I will pray for your brother, and all of you; healing thought and vibes are on their way. :hugs:

Regular stuff. Got up at 11:00pm, went back to sleep at 1:30am, then got up at 3:30am. Going to be nice and sunny. I got spoiled for awhile having so many days with no rain, then 2 rainy days in a row. Neighbor is moving! She called June Monday evening yelling,
"I hate Mia, I hate you! Having to be quiet! I'll sue your ass for breach of contract!!" Then said she was moving, June said Good Luck to you and hung up. If she doesn't move June will evict her. She is doing her best to pester me by being loud, etc.and she is disturbing other people as well. My extra set of earbuds are coming in handy. I didn't lock door while Kalee was at store yesterday and the slider was open when she got back, my own stupid fault. I slept soundly while she was gone...didn't hear a thing .Kinda freaks me out but nothing was taken.

Cal now likes tabby cat. While she was eating Cal protected her, my sweet girl.

Kaylee will do some shopping, clean kitchen, vacuum upstairs. I just put in some throws

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How is your brother? I hope surgery went well and he is out of harm's way.

Regular stuff.
Will plant tomato seedlings into pots
Kaylee will clean, laundry. etc
Need to catch up on sleep. Didn't take some of my medication yesterday because
I was so tired and when I remembered, it would have thrown me off, so I skipped it.
I'm now keeping it in a pink case beside morning tea cup.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

Lol, this is so not true, but after the last few weeks a darn nice thought ;)

Actually, normal chores like a bit of housecleaning, a water change for my Betta boys, and watching for the afternoon weather in case it gets windy enough to require putting lawn furniture away...

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@Thanks Mia6 Mia6 and lizzie lizzie . :hugs: He made it through surgery yesterday. They took the knee out, cleaned the area, then put in a temporary knee. He's on massive doses of antibiotics through the PICC line and he's hoping to come home Saturday. Antibiotics every eight hours. If all goes well, in September, he'll go back into the hospital for surgery to put in the permanent knee, which, including the temporary knee will be the fourth knee. The worst part is that the doctors told him that they can't guarantee the infection won't come back at some point. He is disheartened, to say the least. I want to see him, but visitors aren't allowed, other than his wife. I get that. She texts me several times a day to let me know what's going on; then I text my sister to tell her. Maybe when he comes home, I'll break my own rules and go down for a brief visit. No hugging, but maybe we can sit with our masks on the front porch for a few minutes. He's lives about an hour away. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts. I am worried for him. (His boss is already threatening everything under the sun, if he doesn't come back to work on July 5th; I don't see that happening and mentioned that he might need a lawyer.)

Mia6 Mia6 Yay! :yess: Your neighbor is moving! Best news ever!
Furballsmom Furballsmom I hear you! I'd love to come on here and say, "I'm doing nothing but flopping on the couch with the cats and a book!" Not going to happen here either.
  • Rick got up with the girls, while Molli and I lounged until almost 8:00. I gave them their after-breakfast breakfast and am sitting back here with my coffee....which tastes particularly good this morning. Rick already scooped and is getting ready to walk. I'll be walking, too, but I walk in the house and around the yard. (As long as I get my steps and stay in the "green" range on my Fitbit, I'm happy.)
  • The videographer contacted us about the video shoot next Tuesday. We're still on. He sent us the list of questions he's going to ask, so we know what's going on. I printed them out this morning. He said he has seen pictures of the shed and can't wait to see it in person. I'm worried that, since we haven't finished with our landscaping and such, he's going to be disappointed, but we can only do so much. I did mention to Rick that I might buy two Adirondack chairs down at Lowes, simply to use them on the deck for the shoot. After our Trex chairs get here in August, we can put the other chairs out in the back yard by the fire pit.
  • Working in the garden this afternoon. I'm going to weed around the asparagus, then put about an inch or so of mulch in. It's such a gorgeous morning. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping. We have a mockingbird who really likes going through his trills in the morning. He's a happy thing. We had a mockingbird for years, then he left. Either he came back or another one took his place. He seems to like living in the black walnut tree as that's where where we hear him most often.
  • Elementary tonight

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what they say, "Once begun is half done." Yesterday I couldn't "begun." I was a slug. Positively. Just could not get started doing anything much at all other than the ordinary, necessary bits of feed cats, feed us, make bed. Did make spaghetti sauce though.

Today I went along the area across from the house and lawn sloping down toward the street and lopped down shrubby stuff, honeysuckle vine, multiflora rose. The roses objected. Painted stumps with brush killer. Decided it was better to work my way along and cut / treat what I want out, rather than cut some, trim up, and haul away, then repeat, repeat, repeat. Won't surprise me if there is three days worth of trimming what was cut and hauling to brush pile.

Something less strenuous this afternoon I think.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Thanks Mia6 Mia6 and lizzie lizzie . :hugs: He made it through surgery yesterday. They took the knee out, cleaned the area, then put in a temporary knee. He's on massive doses of antibiotics through the PICC line and he's hoping to come home Saturday. Antibiotics every eight hours. If all goes well, in September, he'll go back into the hospital for surgery to put in the permanent knee, which, including the temporary knee will be the fourth knee. The worst part is that the doctors told him that they can't guarantee the infection won't come back at some point. He is disheartened, to say the least. I want to see him, but visitors aren't allowed, other than his wife. I get that. She texts me several times a day to let me know what's going on; then I text my sister to tell her. Maybe when he comes home, I'll break my own rules and go down for a brief visit. No hugging, but maybe we can sit with our masks on the front porch for a few minutes. He's lives about an hour away. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts. I am worried for him. (His boss is already threatening everything under the sun, if he doesn't come back to work on July 5th; I don't see that happening and mentioned that he might need a lawyer.)

Mia6 Mia6 Yay! :yess: Your neighbor is moving! Best news ever!
Furballsmom Furballsmom I hear you! I'd love to come on here and say, "I'm doing nothing but flopping on the couch with the cats and a book!" Not going to happen here either.
  • Rick got up with the girls, while Molli and I lounged until almost 8:00. I gave them their after-breakfast breakfast and am sitting back here with my coffee....which tastes particularly good this morning. Rick already scooped and is getting ready to walk. I'll be walking, too, but I walk in the house and around the yard. (As long as I get my steps and stay in the "green" range on my Fitbit, I'm happy.)
  • The videographer contacted us about the video shoot next Tuesday. We're still on. He sent us the list of questions he's going to ask, so we know what's going on. I printed them out this morning. He said he has seen pictures of the shed and can't wait to see it in person. I'm worried that, since we haven't finished with our landscaping and such, he's going to be disappointed, but we can only do so much. I did mention to Rick that I might buy two Adirondack chairs down at Lowes, simply to use them on the deck for the shoot. After our Trex chairs get here in August, we can put the other chairs out in the back yard by the fire pit.
  • Working in the garden this afternoon. I'm going to weed around the asparagus, then put about an inch or so of mulch in. It's such a gorgeous morning. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping. We have a mockingbird who really likes going through his trills in the morning. He's a happy thing. We had a mockingbird for years, then he left. Either he came back or another one took his place. He seems to like living in the black walnut tree as that's where where we hear him most often.
  • Elementary tonight
I'm so glad all went well so far!That's great news!If it helps you at all,my neighbor went to Mayo to have her replacement done and after a year of being home,recovery and going back to work (she owns a fabric shop here in town),she came down with some awful infection,in the hospital locally and they removed her "hardware".I didn't ask what that meant,but she's again back at work and definately mobile.Continued prayers!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So glad bro is on mend. I will continue sending healing thoughts and prayers.

I think nutty neighbor may be backtracking on her desire to move. I'm taking it one day at a time.
Way too stressful. She told me she is being admitted to hospital next week because they think
she has Parkinson's but I don't believe her.She asked me to take her key and keep an eye on her
apt. I said ok but will tell her I cannot. I told June this and she seems to be backtracking as well
on evicting her when it's allowed. She is going to call neighbor's case worker today and tell her
about the 30 day notice.She should have called her on Tuesday. I am going to call mine as wel
and let her know what is going on.

Will be hot today, so no laundry. Tomatoes have been replanted in large pot wih Organic MiracleGro.
I should have about 15 Beefsteaks from seedlings if all goes well but I'll buy my fave Heirlooms at the
Farmer's Mkt. when they are ready. I'm glad it's within walking distance. I hope they have Early Girls
as well.

Mama cat would not allow my Cal on walkway between decks yesterday. She hissed and chased her up
the deck steps. Cal wanted to view babies and Mama was not allowing it. Her feelings were so hurt .
We snuggled on the bed, angel baby.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for your good thoughts, Mia6 Mia6 and lizzie lizzie . The doctor was going to discharge my brother this morning. But late afternoon, his temperature really spiked. No discharge; he must stay for a while until they find out what's causing the temp to spike. He didn't take it well. He understands, but he's so tired of dealing with it all. I feel so badly for him. The thing is, lizzie lizzie , this is not a new replacement. He's had this particular knee for about four years now, we're thinking. We have no idea where the infection came from. The doctor told him again last night that they don't know if, when they finally do get the infection cleared up, it will come back or where. It could come back in his other knee or, they're saying, even in his neck, since he had major surgery there, too. Whatever it is, it's really nasty. Thanks.
Mia6 Mia6 Eviction is very difficult. I wouldn't even take the key to your neighbor's apartment. If anything happens, she might hold you responsible. Poor Callie. You helped her get over her hurt feelings about MamaCat.

We worked outside all day yesterday, to the point where my lower back started screaming. And thankfully, we did get some rain in a storm in the very late afternoon. What we need right now is a full day of a nice, steady soaking rain. None in the forecast, unfortunately.
  • Breakfast for the girls and am running the dishwasher now. I'll scoop in a few.
  • One load of laundry, after the dishwasher has finished
  • Work outside. We're still working on mulching. And I'm working up in the garden. I weeded around and in the raised beds a bit and around the sweet potatoes. I need to do the asparagus bed, then put a layer of mulch there. And then start cultivating around the corn. We have a ton of peppers coming on, the squash is really producing the flowers, the strawberry plants are making berries and some of them are a nice size. All the corn is now up, except for what Rick replanted. And we have tomatoes, too. I'm going to be busy, come harvest time!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been two weeks since i've mowed my lawn. it's already a moderate drought here, and some neighbors yards are looking really very brown. i cut mine on the highest mower deck level, so mine never got cut down almost to the thatch. i've got some growing weeds, but the grass isn't growing much (if at all). i'm waiting until we get enough rain that the grass actually grows a little -- a good soaking rain, until i mow again. we're forecast to get some thunderstorms coming through tomorrow, but will have to wait and see if any rain happens.

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop litter boxes. i'll cook some pasta, to go with the braised pork ragu i've got thawed in the fridge.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I'm going over to my friend with the victorious, exemplary vegetable garden, bringing some extra four o'clock plants. When I asked she said "Sure, bring them, they'll get planted." She has flowers in the vegetable garden to attract pollinators. Also bringing her a few boxes and brown paper - she uses both for underlayment beneath the mulch.

And this afternoon, weather permitting (not too too hot) I need to start lopping and hauling off what I cut down yesterday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had rain this morning! With more on the way, according to our local weather-weenies. We needed that. At this point, we'll take all we can get.

I was working/weeding around the pool yesterday. We have two gas grills and I was trying to work around the gas grill over by the fence. And the weigela kept getting in my hair and my face; it was hanging down all over the place. Now, Rick has been promising that he was going to trim the weigela back, but when he "gets around to it". So I got around to it. I didn't touch it on the outside in the yard, but by the pool? I attacked it and I showed no mercy. I wasn't worried because I knew that it will all grow back and something really needed to be done. Then I cleaned it all up, scoured the bricks by the concrete deck of the pool. Figured if Rick wants to yell at me for doing it, well, he could yell. He came over to where I was working and said, "It looks good." And that was that. My next chore (at some point next week) will be to clean the grills, since I'm the one who's been using them, according to Dear Richard.

My brother should be coming home today. Last night, every time they took his temp, it was right around 98. I'm excited for him! Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts! :hugs:
  • Rick got up with the girls, while Molli and I lounged. Then I made my coffee and gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast. Will scoop boxes in a bit.
  • I was going to mow the yard/weeds today, but since rain is on the forecast, maybe I'll spend the afternoon in the she shed, cleaning, washing windows, and all that good stuff to prepare for the video shoot on Tuesday. I'll see how it goes weather-wise this afternoon as I'd like to wait til tomorrow to work in the shed, if I can.
  • Vacuum about the house this morning.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Good news about bro! Did he come home?

Been doing regular stuff the past 2 days. Washed throws yesterday. Have to fill out about 6 documents today.
Plants need watered. It rained Friday night and Saturday morning but not enough. I think Ohio may be in a mini
drought. My Geranium looks feeble and one side only has one bloom. Going to finish book today. Something else
that looks feeble is my hair.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 . Yes! He is home! Thank you!

I didn't get the lawn mowed yesterday. Every time it seemed like it would dry out, we'd get another spritz of rain, just enough to wet things down again. I'm not complaining; we really need the rain. But I can't mow wet grass. I worked in the house yesterday. Rick vacuumed the pool. We are definitely suffering from lack of water around here; the storms get here, but then split. Half goes one way, half goes the other and we get a spritz. Although yesterday morning, we did have a good rain. Just didn't last long enough.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Yawning incessantly as I am pooped this morning. I couldn't sleep last night; I saw the clock hit 2:00, then 3:00, then 3:45. That's it. But then Amber started yelling at 5:30 and Molli and Muffin had an "altercation," so I just got up and dealt with them. It's already muggy and I've got my hair back in a long tail.
  • Get the she shed in order today. Vacuum, dust, wash windows, all that good stuff. Put the Christmas cactus out on the deck for the day (or until it starts to rain).
  • I'll put butter in the microwave to soften. I'll make cookie doughs tonight, then bake cookies tomorrow morning. I'm thinking snickerdoodles, something with chocolate or maybe pecan sandies, and maybe some lemon spongecake cookies. I don't know if the videographer and his crew will even eat cookies, but I have to offer something to go with the coffee. I'll share them with my sister and BIL, too. I thought about just making some scones, but when I mentioned scones to Rick, he said, "But what's wrong with cookies?" He just loves cookies.
  • I'm getting toward the end of season 6 of Elementary.

Status
Not open for further replies.