Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A simply gorgeous Saturday morning here! Sunny, humidity has dropped. It's just beautiful.
  • Rick got up with the girls. Mollipop and I lounged until going on 9:00, then we got up and I gave them their after-breakfast breakfast. Whenever Molli and I sleep in, when we do get up, while I'm making my coffee, they get a snack of dry kibble. They're used to that now and I swear they wait for it. This morning, when I opened the bedroom door, Tabby and Muffin cruised in the bedroom, saying, "Get up already! We're starving! We haven't had anything to eat since 6:00! Snack time! C'mon, Mom!" I'm back here enjoying my coffee.....Timothy's Italian Roast this morning. It's a bit of a treat because I usually drink Half Caff. Will scoop in a bit.
  • Finish staining this morning. I have to stain the boards we'll use to frame the lattice for below the deck. And I believe that's it for staining. It took us four days to get everything stained because of taking spindles off. They needed drying time. But it will be finished.
  • Get some inside work done at some point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Got up very early, then went back to sleep.Will do a load of throws and dry outside, lovely day yesterday should be today as
well.I love my chair, perhaps I should've got the one that doesn't sit back so far. as I look like an idiot trying to get out of it, hee, hee.
I sit on cushion, 3 bed pillows and one pillow for patio chairs. Behind me, 2 bed pillows and one patio pillow. I think I need one more to sit on.Will work on small Cal a bit. I want her to look nice, not someone who is related to Mo Howard. I've been evening it out every day. I do have about 8 scratches and one bite since I started this but they're healing and if I get a new one I dump Isopropyl Alcohol %70 on
it, wash, and then apply Neosporin ointment. WIll read a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mollipop puked on the cat tree this morning. And not just on one level. Oh no. She picked the perfect spot on the tree to hit all three levels. Then she went over to the cat blankie in the window and finished up, very carefully hitting the carpet on the floor, too. Could she have gotten any more precise?! I cleaned the cat tree and the carpet and threw the blankie in the washer.

All the dirt has been moved from the shed patio up to the garden; we'll have plenty for a fourth raised bed next year. The staining is finished, except for the second coat on the floor, which Rick will do. And I mowed the yard yesterday, too. We were busy. Last night, Rick went up to cultivate in the garden. And then we watered everything: veggie garden, flowers and hosta at the shed, etc. Things were looking a bit droopy and there's no rain forecast until (maybe on) Thursday and the local weather-weenies say even that's a long shot.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a few.
  • I bought some underwear at a local store this morning, but online, and had it shipped to the house.
  • After the window blankie is washed, I'll do two loads of laundry. Rick will strip the bed down when he gets up.
  • There's a recipe from Southern Living for Blueberry Lemon Crunch Bars that's calling to me. If I don't get them made today, maybe I'll throw them together tomorrow. Blueberry-Lemon Crunch Bars Recipe Rick is not a big blueberry fan, but he does eat them from time to time. Or I can always give half to my sister and BIL.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular mornng stuff, washed some whites with bleach. Went back to sleep for 3 more hours.
Write a list for Kaylee. Always miss her on the weekend and am happy to see her on Mondays;

Winchester Winchester Small Cal puked up a hb as well, but a small one. The bars sound good!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Molli and Amber will puke from time to time. I don't know why it's just those two. But that is a large part of why we don't free feed dry food. They would eat and eat and eat and then......boom!

Up with the girls this morning. It's Rick's turn, but I was awake and said, I'd take care of them. Got all the housework done yesterday, while Rick worked out in the garden. Did all the laundry and changed the bed sheets.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop when he gets up. Or I will. Somebody will!
  • Work on a Lowes list as we're hitting Lowes this morning.
  • Work outside

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's supposed to start raining on Thursday and rain every day through to the following Thursday with a party cloudy break on Wednesday. Tomorrow morning is the followup visit to the ophthalmologist so today and tomorrow afternoon I shall garden, garden, garden!

This morning I need to water the pots at the front of the house. Then rip out more bamboo at the bottom of the driveway and do some weed whipping. Mix more potting soil and do some repotting. So what am I doing here on TCS? Just because I love you all. But I really must go so bye for now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls and Molli and I lounged until 9:00.
  • I scooped the boxes
  • Brought the Adirondack chair outside from the basement and gave it good scrubbing. I think it should be repainted; Rick says not. When it dries, we'll take it over to the patio.
  • Made a batch of coleslaw to go with dinner tonight. I love coleslaw.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Up with the girls this morning. I could sleep. :yawn:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher. No coffee because......
  • I have to go down for bloodwork at 8:00. That's why no coffee. You can bet that as soon as I get home, there will be coffee!
  • Scoop boxes
  • We are down to three days of cat food, so will probably hit the grocery store this morning. Three days will get us to Saturday and I'll be darned if I'm going close to any stores on a weekend, mask or no mask!
  • Move some hosta around this afternoon. Rick is putting lattice with screening around the bottom of the deck. When he's finished, I'm going to plant hosta. We have tons of hosta in the yard.
  • Almost through season 5 of Elementary

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far today I
1) did a load of laundry and put it in the drier before we left for the ophthalmologist where everuyhing went very quickly.
2) Onward to Lowes where online showed that they had Alocasia African Mask. Except they did not. Bought three red cordyline instead.
3) Back home. Started another load of laundry.
4) Loaded up cart and trundled down driveway to bottom planting area where there are now nine colonies of Sauromatum (you might know it as voodoo lily) as it seems to be hardier than described. Planted the potted hardy banana that my friend never responded to my e-mail about picking it up, so sad too bad. Plus an elephant ear just waking up in its pot, the three red cordyline, and 7 Mirabilis 'Limelight' raised from seed - chartreuse leaves, and vivid fuchsia flowers when they get a bit bigger. Can dig and store Mirabilis tubers dormant over winter. Question is, is the banana likely to eventually block the trail cam. Himself will take a look after lunch and if yes I need to swap banana and elephant ear, PDQ.

And let's see what the afternoon brings my way.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff, bedding needs rewashed, was left in washer overnight. Water plants.
List for Kaylee. Neighbor is causing too much stress and drama, she was taken away by
ambulance yesterday to er in the am, she called 2 hours later, said she had COVID19 and would
I call her mother as she couldn't call from her cell. She was admitted to another hospital, was there
all day. She called when she got home, said doc THINKS it was an allergic reaction to black mold
underneath mulch where she was pulling weeds. I don't think she told them about her drug use.
She weighed 78 pounds at hospital. She's been talking about the mulch for weeks, saying there
were thousands of ants crawling up her arm and on sidewalk. Just like when she said fleas were
crawling on her about 6 weeks ago. June, landlord, said to not speak with her, well, kind of hard
to do when I am on deck a lot. She was also given antibiotics and steroids.She has COPD.
I think she has a very bad respiratory infection. She does not have COVID19.

Supposed to rain today. We really need it. Small Cal is sleeping like the angel she is.
A mama cat had babies and sleeps underneath my deck and neighbor's at night. Early
in the morning she moves them elsewhere, then comes back when it's dark. I haven't
seen them yet but Cal has.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 If at all possible, stay away from her. She's got more than a few screws loose. I know you like your deck and I don't blame you. But she's not good for you and she may try to drag you down with her. Best to stay away.

It's raining now, thankfully. I think it's more like a Florida shower; you know, a storm, then the sun comes out. We'll see. I was going to work outside this morning before it got too warm; it's already muggy.

Had an appt for bloodwork yesterday. Got there, rang the bell and sat in the lobby. When it was my turn, the assistant called me into the office, took my temp, and showed me back to the room. A few minutes later, I was done and on my way back home. There was a woman who had an appt. She did not have a mask and told me that when people said to her about not wearing a mask, she'd say, "Oh, so sorry, I forgot it! Next time!" She didn't like wearing them and wasn't going to. Well, the assistant saw her without her mask and did say something. And of course the woman went through her "Oh, I forgot it!" spiel. The assistant told her to hold on, left, and came back with a mask. The woman said she couldn't wear it. The assistant said, "If you want to keep this appt, you'll wear it! Those are our rules!" The woman sighed and put it on. She was not amused. I have to admit that I smiled.

Had to hit Target and grab some groceries yesterday. Most people around here are still wearing masks, but some are not.
  • Rick got up with the girls, then went to the couch. Molli awakened me by scritching at the bedroom for me to let her in. Then I heard the rain. Got up, shut the windows, and stayed up. Gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast snack and am sitting back here with my coffee. Somebody will scoop in a bit.
  • I rather hope it rains for quite a while. The soil is bone dry at this point. We could use a good, soaking rain. Vacuum in the house and wipe down the kitchen. But I think it stopped already. I'll be working outside later on today.
  • Vacuum in the shed and water the plants. I've been bringing the Christmas cactus outside to the deck to give it some extra light and fresh air. Maybe it will bloom this year.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
If at all possible, stay away from her. She's got more than a few screws loose. I know you like your deck and I don't blame you. But she's not good for you and she may try to drag you down with her. Best to stay away
You're right.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
If at all possible, stay away from her. She's got more than a few screws loose. I know you like your deck and I don't blame you. But she's not good for you and she may try to drag you down with her. Best to stay away.
I will, Pam. The sprogs of her new best friend have been taking care of her. I heard her yelling on the phone yesterday with someone but she didn't call me. It was so nice not be involved in her drama. The sprogs were being extra loud, probably on purpose. She's got this weird thing going on where she wants to have more pain and physical probs than me. Ya' want 'em? You can have 'em! ha! She is mentally unstable and for my own health, I must stay away from her. SInce I know she beat the man who was beating her and spent 6 months in jail, has me very wary..Even though she is tiny, she is feisty. She threw heavy objects at his skull.

Regular morning routine. Small Cal stayed on the deck for 2 hours, knowing new mama cat and babies were underneath neighbor's deck. Maybe she wants a sibling? Kaylee will do a bit of laundry early but it's very humid and will rain later so she'll dry what she can outside instead of using the dryer, she'll also clean and vacuum. I did a throw out last week. Hope to do that over the weekend. K will take clothes to Marion's Closet, a store here in town where you pay $10.00 per month and can have 8 items per week. They have everything from clothes to appliances. Items are donated by churches and wealthy people who prefer to remain anonymous. Kaylee got seven new pairs of scrubs and a blanket. A lot of the clothing is new. I'll go there when I feel safer from COVID. I need some summer tops.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We got the fence up around the garden last night; something has been nibbling on our corn plants; some were taken right out of the ground. Rick will replant corn today. I'm hoping for rain today and, according to the local weather-weenies, we have a 60% shot.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit. I'm thinking pizza tonight, which means I'll have to throw some dough together.
  • Work outside, if it doesn't rain.
  • If/when we do get showers, I'll come in and do a quick vacuum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So far, the fence is working. Rick put fresh corn in the rows, so we'll see what comes up. We ran some errands yesterday: went down to Farmer Boy to look at their gargoyles, but bought nothing; returned some items at Lowes, and hit our local butcher for Delmonicos for Fathers' Day dinner on Sunday. Then I ran out to our local cheesemaker to buy a small wheel of baby Swiss. Masks worn at all times and use our wipes every time we got back out to the car.
I also push-mowed around the trees, while Rick worked in the back flower bed for a while. We had a good, slow, soaking rain last night, too. We needed rain.

Got an email from Lowes. The plantation rocking chairs that I had ordered and were supposed to be here on June 12th, won't be shipped now until end of July, beginning of August. I called them and told them I still wanted them. I spent some time on the Adirondack chair last night, reading on my iPad before the t-storm hit. I have a ten-foot cord to my iPad, so I can plug it into the shed outside and read that way. I think we're going to get a lot of use out of the deck and the patio; it's very nice out there.
  • Rick got up with girls. Mollipop and I lounged in bed until 8:30, then we got up, too. She gets up with Rick for breakfast, but then she'll come back to bed with me for a nap. Then, when I get up, they all get an after-breakfast breakfast. When I awakened, she was all stretched out on the pillow above my head. I asked, "Are you ready?" and she zoomed out to the kitchen. I'll scoop in a few.
  • Working outside today. It's really muggy. Bleah.
  • Need to get the pork ribs into its maple marinade to grill tonight. Should have done it last night, but forgot.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You could try calling Lowes back, mention that there is a scheduled photo shoot at your house on June 30. The company is coming with a videographer and team. You want the plantation rocking chairs to feature on the deck that is an important feature of the video, which will have national distribution. Can Lowes do anything to get them to you in time. Maybe yes, but if you don't ask you for sure won't get them in time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No, I'm going to let it go. Nothing is going right for the photo shoot anyway. Since we're into summer, our nurseries are pretty much bare at this point and I can't find what I'm looking for. The patio is finished, but I don't have plantings around it yet. I have hosta planted in front of the deck, but well, you can tell it was obviously just planted as it's pretty scraggly. It's from areas around the yard; I couldn't see paying for hosta when we had a ton of it that needed to be moved anyway. Still, it is what it is at this point. With the pandemic and the sheltering, we weren't able to get done what we wanted to. Most stores are blaming their shipping woes on Covid-19. Factories were shut down for a while and everything is behind. It's OK.

It's so muggy this morning that I can't stand it. Walking around in a t-shirt and underwear....it looks silly, but well, it's humid. My hair is clipped up off my neck. I'm melting as I type.
  • Got up with the girls this morning and told Rick to sleep until he couldn't sleep anymore. It's Dad's Day. The girls have a FD card for him and we're doing steaks on the grill this afternoon. Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee. I'll scoop in a few.
  • I'm making vanilla bean cheesecake bars in a few minutes, just letting the cream cheese soften a bit. Rick loves cheesecake anything.
  • Two loads of laundry this morning
  • Probably work outside this afternoon.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Same here with the humidity. I am on deck till I cannot stand it. I am sorry about the photo shoot probs, but knowing you and Rick I have a feeling all will be well.💖 Please wish him a Happy Father's Day from me and Almost Big Again Cal.

Regular morning routine. I am feeding a black and brown tabby who has been coming into the yard. This morning was the first time I fed him. I placed the dry food and H2O on the walkway in front of deck steps. He kept turning around and looking at me; that's when I discovered his right eye is injured. i want to clean it with Peroxide and H2O but I am
hesitant. He and, Almost Big Again Cal, were almost face to face. He seemed to want to make friends but she became afraid so I picked her up and put her inside, darling angel. That is the third time in a week that I've done that and my arm and shoulder are paying for it as she's 15 lbs, hee, hee. She is such a baby since our Vincie girl went to Bridge. She was always there to protect Cal, all 8 pounds of sweetness, miss her so. I posted on the local website about him.

will read out here as long as I can, supposed to storm but who knows?
get caught up on sleep if possible.
June told neighbor she should look for another place to live, can't take the headaches. a lot
has been going on, suffice it to say it's not been good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Bless you for feeding the kitty. Maybe Callie would get used to him and they could live together! I didn't know Cal weighed 15 pounds! Holy cow! Banshee was our heaviest baby and she weighed 12 pounds when she was younger, most of it fur. She was a fluffy baby. And I think Boo was right around 12 pounds, too. As was Hydrox.

Another muggy morning. Molli and I lounged until 8:00, then we got up.
We gave the vegetable garden a really good watering last night. We've been forecast for rain and t-showers every day since last Thursday. We had rain on Thursday, I think it was. And that's been it. Not even a drop. The storms get to us and then split. Part goes west, part goes east, and we get nothing. Or they're so slow-moving that, til they actually get here, the sun has gone down, the energy has dissipated, and we get nothing. We really had to water last night, so gave everything a good drink.
Molli and I have gotten into the habit again of going outside every day (I used to do that with Banshee, too, although with the Queen B, we went out rain, snow, or shine.) I'll call her and say, "Molli! Go OUT? C'mon, let's go OUT!" and she comes running down the steps to the front door. We'll go out for about five minutes or so; she's content to just be in my arms while we walk around a bit. And now, sometimes, she'll go down to the door on her own and start meowing. I'll go down, pick her up, and we'll go out for a while. Muffin likes to go out, too, but Tabby doesn't like it at all. Tabby is an indoor girl and she likes it that way!
  • I gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast while making my coffee. Everybody ate and Molli is back here with me now. She's napping on her pillow on the yellow stand by the windows. Somebody will scoop in a bit. (I used to scoop twice a day, but since Ms. Pepe passed, once a day works out well. She peed a lot.)
  • Probably going to order mulch today. Rick thinks one scoop should do it around the shed, but I'm thinking to get two scoops and anything leftover can go into some areas around the house. He'll pick it up with the truck. Bring it home, I'll get the wheelbarrow out and spend the afternoon shoveling mulch. That should count as exercise, too!
  • I shall start season six of Elementary tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.