Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not much will get done outside; it's to start in with showers around 10 this morning, then go into rain this afternoon. It's really cloudy, but, thankfully, that blasted wind seems to have subsided a bit.
I got up with the girls this morning.

Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad you were able to get an appt with your doctor. And I'm so glad that you're enjoying your chair. Did you get your meds refill?
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop the boxes.
  • Vacuum and swiffer in the shed, check plants, and water.
  • Do some online "window" shopping
  • Might be a good afternoon to hang out in the shed with the tv. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the second season of Elementary. I like it; it's quirky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam,I'll have the phone appt on 1 June, don't need meds till the 4th, but needed to get an appt. Thanks for asking!
S sweet jane flash Thanks, Janie!

• Boxes, tea, hot bath, Tired of showers and my knee felt better. Was so nice to soak in epsom salts. Kaylee will pick up a few things from store, make more SPAM, ha!! Think I'll have her pick up Asian food as it will last 3-4 meals. She'll fold clothes, vacuum, dishes. etc. Hope rain let's up

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Morning stuff, tea, boxes, rewashing pillow cases that reeked of pesticide when removed from plastic it came in. This will be the third washing. When I dried them, the other stuff in dryer smelled like pillow cases, so I rewashed everything and am now rewashing the pc by themselves. Fingers crossed. Hope to be able to sit ou and read. Very, very humid right now, yuck.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Once it started to rain, it kept raining pretty much all day. I ended up in the shed most of the afternoon and evening. It's really cloudy and early morning was very foggy. It's humid. Blah.
  • Rick got up with the cats and I stayed in bed til 8:00. Got up and gave the cats their after-breakfast snack. I'm watching/listening to Stephen Colbert's interview with Joe Biden right now. Will scoop in a bit.
  • If the weather clears, we have outside work to do.
  • Wipe down bathroom and kitchen a bit

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a busy day for me. Early morning, I went for a WALK!!! on the beach--sidewalk. It was great. I have been walking for a few weeks now. First on my floor, and now that we can go out, I am taking advantage of it. Yesterday I did approx 1.7 miles. That is really good for me! I have such a stationary life, especially during the quarantine.

I also did my regular morning things: Play with Geoffrey, breakfast, dishes, quick vacuum of litter, shower, bed... In addition I changed out and washed the litter box; vacuuming again after. I then washed down the tub. Got my trash together to have them all picked up. Yes, they are still doing all things for us.

All of that before 12:00 Noon!! I was tired after all of this..

We are only allowed to go out for a walk. Today, woke up to humidity, dampness. The temp is dropping, and it is very windy outside. I just had my second cup of tea. I need to get going.

I am feeling very lazy today. I really have to dust, but I am letting it go.
It is a strange feeling: feeling tired, but antsy. Geoffrey is acting up. He is bugging me so much! Already played with him. He is not eating his wet food. He wants his dry and he wants to play, again. He is also telling me that I need to scoop his box.. He is ridiculous.

I am going to start my day... try playing with him again. The wind is almost howling in here. I have the windows open just a bit.

Thinking after my shower, I will go downstairs and start my car. Have to do it.. skipped yesterday.

Supper is going to be a salad with some chicken breast, from yesterday.

Can't believe today is Artie's anniversary~~~ Two years, this afternoon at 2;20pm. sigh.. I do miss my heart kitty.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Can't believe today is Artie's anniversary~~~ Two years, this afternoon at 2;20pm. sigh.. I do miss my heart kitty.
Think about the good, funny memories Artie gave you. I think of my Vincie girl a lot
and am sad, but then ponder all the funny things she did. :hugs:

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh frabjous day. Callooh! Callay! It rained yesterday afternoon. It is raining this morning. Lovely slow steady soaking rain. If it were a little warmer I might be out there, sky clad, twirling in the rain.

Why so happy? Yesterday I moved several large heavy pots to their summer locations, filled with my potting mix and planted cannas. Moved several plants out of greenhouse - overcast wet weather makes it an easier transition for them. This morning I moved another half-dozen plants outdoors. Repotted all the pineapple lilies and all the rain lilies too, setting the numerous pots outdoors to be watered by the weather.

Now I am sitting. This afternoon, depending on the weather, I might move more plants out of the greenhouse. But right now, I'm sitting.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh frabjous day. Callooh! Callay! It rained yesterday afternoon. It is raining this morning. Lovely slow steady soaking rain. If it were a little warmer I might be out there, sky clad, twirling in the rain.

Why so happy? Yesterday I moved several large heavy pots to their summer locations, filled with my potting mix and planted cannas. Moved several plants out of greenhouse - overcast wet weather makes it an easier transition for them. This morning I moved another half-dozen plants outdoors. Repotted all the pineapple lilies and all the rain lilies too, setting the numerous pots outdoors to be watered by the weather.

Now I am sitting. This afternoon, depending on the weather, I might move more plants out of the greenhouse. But right now, I'm sitting.
My you did a lot yesterday! Back better?

Once it started to rain, it kept raining pretty much all day. I ended up in the shed most of the afternoon and evening. It's really cloudy and early morning was very foggy. It's humid. Blah.
  • Rick got up with the cats and I stayed in bed til 8:00. Got up and gave the cats their after-breakfast snack. I'm watching/listening to Stephen Colbert's interview with Joe Biden right now. Will scoop in a bit.
  • If the weather clears, we have outside work to do.
  • Wipe down bathroom and kitchen a bit
Pam, your weather sounds like ours. You have an ac unit in the shed, yeah? I don't know how
I could tolerate it if I didn't have ac with these high dew points. I put on a clean pair of thin yoga pants
and had to change to cotton pj bottoms. I saw a pair of dressy yoga pants in "pink lemonade", this
summer's color, hee, hee. They are made with a new material that prevents sweating but they were
sooo expensive. Sometimes these new materials or chemical additives to clothing make me itch
hmmmmm.......hope it clears for you

Going to soak ankle in Epsom salts again, not yet healed from sprain. Love the lavender scented salts.
Hope to sit on deck and read if sprogs are quiet, little jerks, actually their parents are the jerks for allowing
it.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kudos to whoever invented the wheel, Mia6 Mia6 I can roll along with things I could not carry, no matter how much I grunted. Have a heavy duty hand truck for round pots, used a four wheel cart-hand truck thingy for the decorative oval pot. It is lovely but it is rather heavy, seeing as it is concrete. And if my back hurts, when I'm done I just take an acetaminophen. I'll try to remember to share some pictures after things are growing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Regular morning stuff, boxes, tea, drying smalls from last night. Will read outside if not too humid, not much of a chance of rain. Cal went on a 2 hour walkabout this morning and I was frantic! She wouldn't come in and I couldn't locate the flashlight Suddenly she appeared from nowhere it seems. Her belly was so dirty with twigs, etc stuck in her fur. I cut them out. She's very hungry and wanted to drink tuna juice, sweet girl.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Actually Mia6 Mia6 , we do not have AC in the shed. We may grab a window unit at some point, but I'd like to try it without. I really don't like AC; we don't have it in the house either and I rarely use it in the car. I would have been absolutely frantic about Callie! That scares me to death. Hope your ankle is better.
C catapault I hope your back is feeling better!

I finally planted the cannas yesterday afternoon. Rick's been working in the front garden. I went around to the back garden and started weeding around the large patch of lily of the valley. That patch is huge and I love to weed there because I get the lily smell. It's heavenly. The poppies have started to bloom; I just love poppies. We only have two poppy flowers so far, but a lot of buds.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Busy day in the kitchen today. I'm baking bread. Making potato salad. A frozen peanut butter pie. And I have to get the pork ready for the grill tomorrow. And make mint iced tea. We're also having baked beans, but all I need to do is get them out of the freezer. Trying out a vegetable salad with corn, peas, and green beans tomorrow and I'll make that tonight and throw it in the fridge overnight. Hope it's a keeper! Days in the kitchen are the best days.
  • Work outside this afternoon.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Actually Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 , we do not have AC in the shed. We may grab a window unit at some point, but I'd like to try it without. I really don't like AC; we don't have it in the house either and I rarely use it in the car. I would have been absolutely frantic about Callie! That scares me to death. Hope your ankle is better.
Thanks, Pam, left knee meniscus and right ankle, ha!! Placed the heating pad on knee for a few hours
and it feels much better.Your food sounds delicious!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, tea, regular morning routine.Kaylee is working today, thank goodness because I'll need her to help me shower as knee is still acting up, ankle so so. I hate being immobile, it was scary yesterday but heating pad helped, was bad when I woke up this morning so must rest it and walk about so it doesn't stiffen.I hope you all have a good holiday!

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, tea, regular morning routine.Kaylee is working today, thank goodness because I'll need her to help me shower as knee is still acting up, ankle so so. I hate being immobile, it was scary yesterday but heating pad helped, was bad when I woke up this morning so must rest it and walk about so it doesn't stiffen.I hope you all have a good holiday!
@M

Status
Not open for further replies.