Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick did the kitty breakfast thing this morning and I slept in until 8:00. We had our coffee and chat session and now I'm back here on the computer while he hangs out on his iPad. I need to raise the shed blinds. Rick will scoop boxes at some point. Outlander wasn't on last night, so I watched a bunch of Highlander episodes, then came inside for bed. It's cheesy, but I'm in the mood for cheesy right now; our son and I used to watch this together when he was younger. I'm almost through Season 1.
  • A good vacuum and dusting throughout the house and I think I'll wipe the computer room floor down.
  • Wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • It's a lovely spring day here, so I'll spend the afternoon doing some weeding outside.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm about to go to bed, but what I've been doing today is:
1. try to access a decent webcam! When I'm demonstrating using mine, if I move my arms quite fast, they disappear :lol:. I finally found a company on eBay who weren't totally ripping people off.. they were only 1.5 the usual price. :rolleyes2:
2. Spent forever waiting on the phone for my internet provider so I can up my speed
3. after all that, I had a nice lie down with the cats. :biggrin:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bed sheets in washing machine. Debating hanging them outside to dry.

Make face masks - we at Going Out on Thursday

Go play in garden

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about to go to bed, but what I've been doing today is:
1. try to access a decent webcam! When I'm demonstrating using mine, if I move my arms quite fast, they disappear :lol:. I finally found a company on eBay who weren't totally ripping people off.. they were only 1.5 the usual price. :rolleyes2:
2. Spent forever waiting on the phone for my internet provider so I can up my speed
3. after all that, I had a nice lie down with the cats. :biggrin:
mani mani I'm not selling so thought it safe to let you know that Wyze Cams are very good. For only $20 you can't go wrong. They sell them on Chewy. com but also on their main website. I don't know if they sell in your country though but it's worth looking into. The indoor cams have stood up to 75 mph winds here, and I had one fall 15 feet onto hard outside concrete and never shattered and still works. Just a suggestion and you can see some of the photos taken off the cam on my from feral to lap cat videos. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for my walk. Spent some time in the yard picking up sticks and branches and packing them into my already full yard waste barrel. Today is our first pick up of the season and after a long winter I always have a lot to get rid of. Also went and got gas. It’s probably kind of silly but I just feel better with a full tank.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, tea. It's warm now and will become warmer as the day goes on but there is a chance of severe storms. No worries as the lovely severe weather siren will alert me, so creepy but needed. Cal is sleeping beside me making her sweet sounds, angel. I can't wait for my jigsaw puzzle to arrive. Never would I have thought a jigsaw puzzle would be something I'm excited about. I cleaned Cal's private areas yesterday so I'll be washing throws today. Every morning she sits on the deck and I think she's looking for the Vincie girl. I wonder how long they remember.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I always wonder about that, too. If Jackie remembered Rick's dad (probably because she was only here about five years), if Muffin remembers my mother (Muffin wasn't really with Mom all that long and she's been here now forever), if they're happy here after having to come here from their first homes. I will say that, even with the trouble Muffin has with Mollipop, she has really bloomed since she's joined the family. She does stuff now that she never did with Mom and I think it's because she watched the other cats do things and she knows she won't get scolded. Mom didn't want her on the kitchen table or the furniture. Here? Muffin owns the kitchen table. She talks a blue streak; I don't what it is about our cats, but they're all talkers. And Miss Muffin is no exception; she never talked that much when she lived with Mom, but boy, does she yak here. I just hope she's happy with us. That was what I wanted with The Beast, too; I just wanted her to be happy with us.

Rick brought the window screens up yesterday, cleaned them while I was washing windows, and we had the windows open yesterday! The cats love open windows.
  • My turn to get up with the girls, so I gave them breakfast and emptied the dishwasher. Rick's turn to scoop. I'll raise the shed blinds in a few minutes.
  • Unfortunately, we have errands to run. I was really hoping not to go out at all during April, but that's not going to work out. Rick got a text from Target that his meds are ready (I thought he had everything set up for 90 days, but I was wrong). So, while we're out, we're going to hit Lowes for some things and then grab some groceries. I always worry about the supply of cat food and spring water. Right now we're good, but..... We have masks to wear today while we're out and about. And since the CVS pharmacy opens at 8:00 for old folks, we're going in at that time. Hopefully, things won't be too crazy.
  • Trash night tonight. We have to get used to trash night being on Tuesdays now instead of Wednesdays.
  • Started season 2 of Highlander. I told my co-worker yesterday that it's really cheesy, but I kinda need really cheesy right now. He laughed and agreed with me.
And that will be our Tuesday.

ETA: I brought Mollipop out to the shed yesterday afternoon. She lasted about five minutes and then I took her back to the house. She walked around and cried. I flopped on the sofa and she did climb on my belly, but she wouldn't lay on me. I keep trying, but she really doesn't like it. And I won't bring out another cat. It's Mollipop or nobody. The thing is she knows where I go in the evening and Rick says she fusses while I'm gone. And when I come in the door, she is right there, yelling at me. But she won't go out there with me. And I won't spend the night in the shed without Mollipop. I just won't. I keep trying.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Set up ladders and try to paint the stair landing this morning.
2. Get a little weeding done at our house in town when it warms up.
3. Cut some shoots off my yellow shrub rose, dip them in rooting hormone and see if I can get some started for the new place.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I'd keep trying too. I know Sundar would do something similar, but would really, really want to be there. Can you just do it in little bits, for a bit longer each time? :vibes::vibes::vibes:Mollipop.

* Did an online class and it went really well!
* A massive shop as the places I go are asking people to shop early for Easter
* Finished Red Sister by Mark Lawrence (audio book). Not really wild about it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Not useful for me.. I need a very high definition webcam for online yoga classes.
Ah ok. Yea Wyze just release firmware to make them webcam but until I see how well they work as a webcam you're better off with a real one. If I see anything though I'll let you know.

1. Clean the basement. I say that everyday. Mom and the cats never let me though
2. Sort through old socks and material to make face masks
3. Find some hair ties as I can't sew due to frozen shoulder and nerve damage

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn’t stand it any more so I got up the courage and cut my own hair this morning. It grows really fast and my last cut was in January. I have been planning it for a few days figuring how to chop and inch and a half off in the back where it has been creeping down by neck and under my shirt, driving me absolutely crazy. I ended up clipping in some wide barretts to create a cut line which worked pretty well. Did a little evening on one side after that and it doesn’t look too bad. Sides were easy and still have some layering I want to do but it’s neat, isn’t noticeably self cut and that is all that I wanted.

It’s a rain day so probably no walk but I do have moms cat to visit and the house really could use some dusting.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn’t stand it any more so I got up the courage and cut my own hair this morning. It grows really fast and my last cut was in January. I have been planning it for a few days figuring how to chop and inch and a half off in the back where it has been creeping down by neck and under my shirt, driving me absolutely crazy. I ended up clipping in some wide barretts to create a cut line which worked pretty well. Did a little evening on one side after that and it doesn’t look too bad. Sides were easy and still have some layering I want to do but it’s neat, isn’t noticeably self cut and that is all that I wanted.

It’s a rain day so probably no walk but I do have moms cat to visit and the house really could use some dusting.
I bet it looks nice!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning was a two cups (mugs, actually) of coffee day.

First load of laundry is washed, dried, folded. Second load is in the dryer.

Start a second jar of seeds to sprout. I'm very pleased with how the mung beans are doing, am thinking of peas for this set. The Rainbow Sprinkles beet & chard microgreens should sprout soon.

Work on finishing the sewing for face masks from T-shirts. We will be Going Out on Thursday morning and the blue shop towels for no-sew disposable face masks are not projected to arrive until next Tuesday.

Tidy in the greenhouse. Sow seeds of 4 o'clocks that I saved last year. Two were labeled with cultivar name, the third one wasn't labeled at all. Fortunately I recognize these seeds from their appearance.

And it's only mid-morning!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, tea. Have to sign some documents.

The tornado siren went off at 11:30pm so I came downstairs and made tea. The storm started soon after. Straight line winds, huge hail. thunder and lightening. I came online then heard loud sounds from the back. All my deck furniture was tossed around and the rubbish receptacle had moved a few feet. Cal took off at the first crack of thunder. When it was over I went back to bed. When I got up she came out of hiding, poor girl hates storms.

She's now snuggling against my feet like an angel.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge storm overnight, with lots of lightening but hardly any thunder. Dumped 1.03 inches of rain. Reminds me - need to reconnect the three rain barrels behind my tool shed.

But first I really do need to finish the face masks today. The fabric is all prepared and I figured out that I'll make two straps to hold a coffee filter on the inside. I'm using the sleeve and bottom hems from the T-shirts - they're a little stretchy and won't need hemming. Coffee filters are the flat basket type rather than the cone. I always have lots of them because I use the filters with potted plants to keep soil from sifting out of the bottom of the pot.

Yesterday we also rearranged the living room furniture to its summer configuration.

I think my mung bean sprouts are large enough to harvest. That means stir fry for dinner tonight.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do my forced grocery shopping (I really do not like leaving the house without a pandemic)
2. Try to find a place to feed Shaman without her getting run off by Treasure before she leaves me forever
3. Try and find more feeding bowls/plates somehow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had more in the way of rolling thunder and tons of rain, but little lightning. Rick said it came in around 1:30; I didn't even hear it.

Yesterday, I transplanted my corn plant in the shed to its deeper planter. I hope it will be OK. I removed some leaves from the violets that didn't come back after them being transplanted several weeks ago. I think the plants themselves are doing OK. But no new blooms. And they were doing so beautifully before I transplanted them.

Cool and breezy today with a few peaks of sun here and there.
  • Rick's turn to get up with the girls. He gave them breakfast and emptied the dishwasher. I need to scoop boxes and raise the shed blinds.
  • A quick vacuum throughout the living room. Wipe down the kitchen and bathroom, followed by a good spray of Lysol in the bath (the cats don't get into the bathroom, so I feel comfortable spraying Lysol there, but I don't spay it in the kitchen).
  • A bit of weeding outside; when we were at Lowes yesterday I forgot to get new gardening gloves, darn it, so I'm still using my old ones that have holes in some of the fingertips.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered last night and did contact free pickup of porch light bulbs and cat food from Home Depot and Petsmart this morning, both right next to one another. Quick and easy. Today I have laundry to do and definitely house cleaning. It’s overcast and I don’t feel like walking but I will check out weather reports for the rest of the week and decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.