Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 , creating something new is great fun and really passes the time. Thanks to past projects I had everything I needed to make it. The update on mom is that she has been transferred to a rehab center. It’s a beautiful place mom has been before and they said they have had no COVID cases. Mom agreed without us being consulted because she is still too weak to stand.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Backed up photos from my phone onto my laptop and an external hard drive, because I'm like that
I'm envious lol, for me this is one of those eternal to-do things I never get to :)

Call no kill shelters
Tons of hugs

Change my Marimo's vase water
Some latchhooking
Maybe get some cantaloupe seeds into starter pots

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I never got to make a face mask or two yesterday because I spilled about a pint of soup stock inside the refrigerator and onto the floor. Does that action on it's own count as one of my three things for Wednesday? So mad because
1) it wasted the stock and
2) I had to take everything out of the refrigerator, shelf by shelf from the top down, wash shelf, wipe / rinse items, return to refrigerator and
3) wash towels I used to mop up stock on kitchen floor

The refrigerator is now clean and neat but dang! it wasn't what I planned on doing yesterday. However, since I do not intend to go out until next Thursday, a week away, I have time to work on the face mask project. Let's see what I can accomplish, or not, today.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I am so sorry. I did that one time with a quart of baked beans and such a mess it made!
susanm9006 susanm9006 Love that walking stick!
Rick's turn to get up with the girls. He gave them breakfast and emptied the dishwasher. I think he's going to mow the lawn today, not that it really needs it. But, at the least, it will get the weeds and the crabgrass all the same height. He did do a good weed & feed a few weeks ago and then sprinkled seed in various places. We do have grass coming up. I think we're going to bag any kind of pathway/landscaping around the shed for now. It's not the right time to be getting such things done.
  • A good vacuum and swiffer throughout the house
  • Wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • Make the dough for garlic-parm yeast rolls and stick it in the fridge for tomorrow (Our neighbors went to the store for groceries and brought me a block of cheese. They put it on the front stoop, rang the doorbell, and walked away. Rick took a wipe outside and wiped the plastic wrapping and then brought it into the house. Our neighbors said it was in exchange for all the cookies and treats I've made for them. Bless their hearts. While I won't bake for them during the sheltering, I'll make sure that, when/if this is over, they'll get some treats.)
  • I'm thinking about taking my latch-hook out to the shed and working on it. I have a 3 x 5-foot latch-hook of a gorgeous lion (had it now for well over 20 years) that I never finished. If I take it out there, I don't have to put it away every day and can work on it while I watch TV; that's always how I did latch-hooks before. I'm worried, though, about my eyes. I can no longer see the difference in some of those really dark colors and I'm afraid I'll screw it up.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can no longer see the difference in some of those really dark colors and I'm afraid I'll screw it up.
If you haven't already done this, --if this has symbols associated with each color in the pattern guide, separate those colors (where you have really bright light to help) into baggies with the correlating symbol marked on the bag, or something similar where you have the colors sorted out already. It makes it easier :)

Change the office paper calendar to April

Groom His Highness :)

Maybe bake something

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester those garlic parm yeast rolls sounds amazing!! Will you have them with pasta? They sound good just for a snack.
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Make a grocery list for Caylee. Today the CDC recommends people wear face masks when out and about. I had given her one when she first started but the agency gave her more. I'll have her get ice cream but I'm good on Stouffer's dinners. Nicole stopped down with homemade soup on their way to the park for a walk. I am not going there till this is over. We'll go for walks but that's it. She had this week off, then she'll work next week. She works for 6 docs and they are rotating the staff. No patients are allowed there, virtual and phone visits only.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Those rolls are so good. We have them with soup and salad, or just salad, spaghetti, stew, just about anything and everything. I try to keep them in the freezer, but haven't baked any in a while. Rick found the recipe in a Relish magazine that comes with our daily newspaper several years ago and asked me to make them. They're a hit in the family and I try to make them often.

I didn't know about the face masks; thank you for telling us. We haven't been anywhere in quite a while.
  • My turn to get up with the girls. Breakfast for them, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick will scoop when he gets up.
  • Must shape and bake the rolls from the dough I made yesterday. I checked the bowl in the fridge and the dough looks lovely.
  • I'm thinking (only thinking!) about buying a pasta maker for my KA. Rick's mom gave me her old pasta maker and I can use that, but only for flatter pasta: fettuccine, noodles, and the like. Anyway, I'm going to look around, see what I can find, see if it's worth it, all that good stuff.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Boredom cleaning today. I sprayed Easy Off and degunked by aluminum cookie sheets, washed the filters to the shop vac and the air purifier and sorted my completed jigsaw puzzles. I am thinking about dividing them up into a couple boxes and doing a “free” notice on Facebook.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How were the rolls?
  • Boxes, tea. Will do a load of throws, some light chores. Caylee found 8 rolls of Cottenelle toilet paper for $2.00 at Dollar General. There was none at the grocery store so she called and asked if I wanted her to try there. I was surprised they had my brand and so cheap. She said a woman was looking for toilet paper at the grocery store, saw there was none and bought 3 huge packs of paper napkins! Yikes, that will be harsh. Hope to get our for a walk. There were a lot of people out and about in my neighborhood yesterday.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 your helper Caylee sounds like a real gem! Kudos for having a helper who actually helps!

I started a jar of mung bean sprouts yesterday. So today I need to drain, rinse, drain again. Clearly a stir fry will be in our future next week.

While I'm splashing around with water I need to change it for my marimo.

The bathroom floors and kitchen floor need washed. Not that I'm planting potatoes on them, not quite.

Himself took the snow plow off the ATV, and the snow gauge has been put away. So I'd like to rearrange the living room to its summer configuration. In winter the sofa and love seat make a V oriented on the wood burning stove in the open part of the V. Coffee table is behind the sofa.

In summer the sofa spins 180 degrees so its back is angled to the stove, The love seat moves across the room but angled parallel to the sofa, out from the room. And the coffee table is between them. This part is easy because furniture glides slide the furniture.

What's awkward is moving all the wood burning stove accoutrements to the basement - the ash away, the smaller upstairs wood rack and any firewood it is holding, all the tools.

We'll see if that happens today. Or not. It is an all-done-at-once project, not something to do piecemeal.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to the usual running my toddler day care (the cats haha)

1. Convert my Wyze Pan Cam to webcam (Nursing home/hospital patients) without messing something up.
2. Clean this basement as I lost one of my SD cards
3. Help Mom

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Yes, she is a gem. She has a lot on her plate. Her mother is physically and mentally disabled. She suffers from extreme panic and anxiety and most of the times cannot leave the house. Her father passed away in June so they are dealing with that as well.
Do you heat your house with the wood-burning stove? Stir fry sounds good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Honestly those rolls were so good. I pulled them out of the oven right before Rick came back from his walk, so when he opened the front door, all you could smell was the garlic. And the smell was wonderful. He walked over and scarfed one up, then ate another. I had one, then put them in a container for the freezer once they were completely cooled down. I only got 18 rolls, so I had 15 to freeze.
You got a winner with Caylee. I'm so glad she is there. It sounds like she's been through a lot in a short time.
  • Rick got up with the cats, did the breakfast and dishwasher thing. I got up around 8:30 or so and we've been chatting about all kinds of things while we had our coffee. I need to go out to the shed and raise the blinds and then scoop the boxes.
  • Not much going on today. I asked Dearest Richard to bring the screens up from the basement for the living room and kitchen, give them a good cleaning, and then install them; that way when we get up into the 70s later on this week, I can open windows. I want to open windows so badly. And I know the cats would enjoy them, too. I make turn the heat off in the house today, if I can get away with it. It might be a little early yet.
  • While Rick is out walking, I'm going to walk in the house. I was able to get at least 10,000 steps every day this week so far. Maybe I can keep some of that "Quarantine 15" off!
  • I bought a KA pasta extruder for my mixer. Talked to my BIL (who's more of a foodie than I am) and he said, "GO FOR IT! He just built a smokehouse in his back yard and has been playing around with his smoked kielbasa.
It doesn't seem like it's Saturday. I suppose that's just because we're home all the time with the sheltering in place going on.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for a walk, checked on mom’s cat, boxed up twelve jigsaw puzzles into two separate boxes and placed a “free” ad on Facebook. I allowed only one box of six per family and it took all of twenty minutes to get rid of them. As I had hoped they both went to people who were puzzle addicts and were so thankful to have some new ones. Someone said they are hard to find in stores right now?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It was a lovely day yesterday, even though it was cloudy, and we spent the afternoon outside. Rick was up working in the garden and I was under the walnut tree, picking up the walnuts (we finally got tired of dealing with them last fall and just raked them up under the tree, so now I have to get rid of them). I have five Tidy Cats pails of old walnuts that will have to go to the dump on our next trip. I was surprised; while we were out, two of our neighbors came over to chat, BUT they stayed well away from us and didn't stay long. One was tinkering with his riding mower and the other one is working on the bottom area for an above-ground pool that they'll be installing. It was nice to see them.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I have the second of three loads of laundry in the washer and dryer. When Rick gets up, he'll strip the bed and I'll wash the sheets.
  • We're almost out of bread, so I'll be making a loaf of sourdough this morning. I fed my starter yesterday, so it's fresh for me to use this morning. And while I'm at it, I'm going to make a batch of orange-pineapple rolls. These are made like sticky buns, but the filling is orange-pineapple (with orange juice and zest and crushed pineapple), then you roll the dough up, slice it into rolls with a maraschino cherry atop each roll. After baking, they're drizzled with a vanilla glaze. They're really good and will help with our sweet tooth. Rick loves them.
  • If the weather holds (and it's not supposed to shower until tonight), we'll be outside again today. We'll have dinner and then I'll watch this week's Outlander.
ETA: I did turn the heat off in the house yesterday afternoon. Rick hasn't said anything (yet), but it was a wee bit chilly when I got up this morning and I'm wearing a sweatshirt. I'm sure he'll say something about it when he gets up. He'll probably end up turning it back on.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea, same old same old. Bought a jigsaw online. Amazon's were so expensive so I bought one from Splsbury. It was $9.00 but they gave me $5.00 off for being a first time buyer and if I would take a survey I had my choice of one year of some magazine for a year.so I chose Southern Living. I'll have to cancel next March so they won't renew it at a higher price. I could have 4 but I couldn't find anything I wanted.
Puzzle I bought
1586089711554.png

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Started my morning with a load of laundry and a plumbing leak. My laundry tub is leaking from one of its compression nuts. It was loose, I tightened it and it still leaked. Normally I would take the nut off and try some plumbing tape on it but If I do that and can’t get it back together there will be no laundry for who knows how long. So I gave the nut a good spray with leak stop and now we are down to some light dripping. So it looks like it will be a bucket under the tub for the foreseeable future. I can live with it.

My second person just picked up her box of puzzles and so I am headed out for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.