Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf My understanding is that people living in the same home do not need to social distance. The 6 foot rule applies to people who do not live together, and it applies whether family, friends, or strangers.

Today
My second Chewy's order the one for Tiny Tiger - will arrive today as unlike the kitty litter which shipped from Indiana this is - as formerly - shipping from the warehouse in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Will let it sit outdoors in sheltered location for a couple of days.

Picked green leaves off container of parsley in the refrigerator, packed in ice cube tray, covered with water and put in freezer.

Bring last Thursday's Wal-Mart shopping trip shelf stable items off dryer in laundry room and put away.

Look on Ravelry for a pattern for a shawl to crochet.

Make pizza sauce - I started the dough yesterday and plan to make pizza tomorrow. Hey, Winchester Winchester - I don't have a pizza stone, don't want to put my flat aluminum cookie sheets in 475 degree Fahrenheit overn (concerned they might warp) so I'm thinking of using my two larger cast iron frying pans upside down, parchment paper on top (of what would normally be the bottom.) What do you think?

And so it goes. Everyone stay well, be safe.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying. Personally though I try to because I'm running all the necessary errands and if happen to be a carrier Mom could get. I forgot I posted that the other day and was thinking what does social distancing have to do with cams lol I"m slow at times lol

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Yes you can use the bottom of your cast iron pan as a pizza stone. But I've included a link to actually baking your pizza in your cast iron pan. I can tell you that I have done it, it creates a lovely crust and it's really good. This is from King Arthur: Introducing our 2020 Recipe of the Year Just a thought for you.

Introducing our 2020 Recipe of the Year (for the blog post)
AND
Crispy Cheesy Pan Pizza (for the actual recipe

I didn't use their recipe. I used my standard pizza dough recipe that I got from Peter Reinhard in American Pie.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Winchester Winchester and you too susanm9006 susanm9006 will give this a go, tomorrow. Dough slowly rising. Need to make pizza sauce, And freeze extra? right?

Right now I'm cleaning my stove top (drip pans sitting in laundry room sink, sprayed with oven cleaner, and grates soaking in sink - why, when I do want water to drain out the drain closes so it cannot, and now when I do want the sink to hold the water + degreaser it sneakily dibbles out, slowly, slowly. the perversity of things!)

Made some salsa verde - tomatillos, poblano peppers, one small hot pepper. Needs to cool, then smoosh in Cuisinart, pack up most of it for freezer.

And not yet sure what we'll have for dinner.

Chewy's order not yet here.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much going on today. my bulk cat litter order arrived yesterday, and is now neatly stacked. today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move some cold cuts to the fridge to thaw.

i may watch a movie after that. i'm not always interested in watching a movie, but every so often i feel like i would like to.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i may watch a movie after that. i'm not always interested in watching a movie, but every so often i feel like i would like to.
I am not a movie person either but once in awhile I will well feel like watching one.

I have a question. I just hired a house keeper last month. I was wondering what the average price was for housekeepers. I have a small 2 bedroom house with one bathroom. She vacuums, dust and mops the kitchen floor and cleans the bathroom. I was wondering what was the average price housekeepers charge. She charges $140.00 a visit and she comes twice a month.

1. Fed my birds, squirrels and my sweet Tommy.
2. Washed a load of clothes.
3. Paid some bills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No she is still in the hospital. She uses incontinence products, doesn’t change them enough and drops them on the floor when she takes them off. Add in a little diarreah and you get the picture. She should be in a nursing home but won’t go and my sister won’t agree to forcing her.
How about a home health care aide? This situation must be so stressful for you.:hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a movie person either but once in awhile I will well feel like watching one.

I have a question. I just hired a house keeper last month. I was wondering what the average price was for housekeepers. I have a small 2 bedroom house with one bathroom. She vacuums, dust and mops the kitchen floor and cleans the bathroom. I was wondering what was the average price housekeepers charge. She charges $140.00 a visit and she comes twice a month.

1. Fed my birds, squirrels and my sweet Tommy.
2. Washed a load of clothes.
3. Paid some bills.
I think you're being overcharged. How long is she there?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Washing some throws now. I spilled Coke on 2 of them, groan. I got on the quilt as well so I'll wash that, This quilt is lightweight and easy for me to pick up. We've had so much rain in the past 24 hours. The severe weather siren went off twice yesterday and now we have a flash flood warning. I wanted to get out for a walk but not today/

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a home health care aide? This situation must be so stressful for you.:hugs:
For years she had an aide but for the last few doesn’t want strangers in the house. I think it’s because she is embarrassed about the condition she leaves it in. Anyway fought and lost the idea of outside help.
My sister hasn’t been able to help because she had a knee replacement last fall and then most recently the loss of her son but I am going to insist now that she share some of the work.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not much of a movie person either and I can't find much on either Prime or Hulu that really trips my trigger. I can't find Mad Men; I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it. I'll have to do a search. I was on the third episode of Black Sails yesterday when I realized I didn't know what was going on and didn't really care. Turned the tv off and flopped on the couch with a book.

We had a nice t-storm this morning and it's another dreary day.
  • Rick got up with the girls, so I stayed in bed reading until around 9:00 or so, then dragged my sorry butt out of the bedroom. Had my coffee and two cookies and I'm ready to grab my shower.
  • I have to scoop the litter boxes
  • Going out to vacuum and swiffer in the shed.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're being overcharged. How long is she there?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Washing some throws now. I spilled Coke on 2 of them, groan. I got on the quilt as well so I'll wash that, This quilt is lightweight and easy for me to pick up. We've had so much rain in the past 24 hours. The severe weather siren went off twice yesterday and now we have a flash flood warning. I wanted to get out for a walk but not today/
Under 2 hours. My sister said she was going to look around and get other prices. I think that she is kind of high. Like I said my house is small and it should not take much more than an hour. She only mops my kitchen floor every other week.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
For years she had an aide but for the last few doesn’t want strangers in the house. I think it’s because she is embarrassed about the condition she leaves it in. Anyway fought and lost the idea of outside help.
My sister hasn’t been able to help because she had a knee replacement last fall and then most recently the loss of her son but I am going to insist now that she share some of the work.
Yes, she should help. Is your mother able to cook for herself? I know you mentioned freezing
meals for her. With both of you helping it won't be as difficult. Laundry could be done more
frequently. :hugs:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Put a small load of darks in. Making a list for Caylee.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We watched Jumanji, The Next Level, Sunday afternoon. It was good. We needed some chuckles and this fit the bill. We really enjoyed the movie. Then, last night, I watched Outlander and shed a few tears at Murtagh.
  • My turn to get up with the girls, so I gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, threw the first of three loads of laundry in the washer, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit. Need to raise the shed blinds. I asked Rick to strip the bed when he gets up.
  • Three loads of laundry.
  • Vacuum, a bit of a swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
Not really much going on in our neck of the woods.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 , no mom doesn’t really cook much. She has poor vision from macular degeneration so cant see if things are cooked well enough. She will boil pasta but mostly does microwave or things that don’t need to be cooked.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Checked on mom’s cat and returned the last of her laundry - she is still in the hospital. This afternoon I worked in the yard cutting down my boxwood hedge and working on making a walking stick out of a fallen branch. I had a nasty little dog try to bite me a week or so ago on a walk so I want to carry something to defend myself but just carrying a stick looks a little strange. I think a walking stick looks a little better and might be a bit of weight to work on arm muscles. Never made one before so it’s figuring it out as I go.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Any word on when your mom is coming home? So you've got a biter in the neighborhood?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Just put a load of darks in and will have Caylee do some throws. The excitement never ends.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Any word on when your mom is coming home? So you've got a biter in the neighborhood
No word yet, but I expect it will be the same drill as in previous hospital visits where they try to convince her she is not capable of caring for herself. The COVID issue and danger in nursing and rehab facilities though makes it even more complicated. My sister would love for me to take her but the burden of 24/7 care is way too much. We just need to see how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.