Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The garden I want to visit tomorrow:
Here's an image of the little stone bridge over the brook in April, several years ago.
Willowwood_2008-04_bridge.jpg

and a closeup of a star magnolia flower, in April in a different year.
Willowwood_2009-04_Magnolia salicifolia-flower.jpg

See why I want to go?

And BTW, the on-line computer club meeting, hosted on Zoom, that Himself participated in from the comfort of his home office worked very well. Everyone had a good time.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
See why I want to go?
Oh, I SOSOSO hope you're able to!! I'm REALLY keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Colorado hasn't gone the formal route of this yet but I'll tell you what, the streets of Denver already look as quiet as they did in the '70's - 80's, which is, in a sort of sideways way, positive :). I'll be driving over to a public tennis court with a practice board on Monday, hopefully there aren't any issues with that.

Three other things, making a blackberry clafouti, making supper, relaxing this evening :thumbsup:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The garden I want to visit tomorrow:
Here's an image of the little stone bridge over the brook in April, several years ago.
View attachment 327208

and a closeup of a star magnolia flower, in April in a different year.
View attachment 327209

See why I want to go?

And BTW, the on-line computer club meeting, hosted on Zoom, that Himself participated in from the comfort of his home office worked very well. Everyone had a good time.
what a beautiful place :) is it possible to bring cats there? :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Will do some light chores, may go for a walk if it warms up. I have movies to watch and books as well. Will wash some throws.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No garden visitation: "The Frelinghuysen Arboretum, Willowwood Arboretum, and Bamboo Brook will close at the end of the day on March 20, 2020." So even if I had tried to go yesterday (rearranged plans so Himself could Zoom his computer club meeting) it would not have been possible.

K Koveshnikov my two cats are indoors only. No garden visits for them, even in the best of times.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Paid monthly bills. Got up the courage to peek at my 401k accounts. I moved most into Money markets before the market dropped and I know there will eventually be a rebound, but still sad to see balances. MLast night I watched most of an interesting documentary on Netflix, Lion King and I will finish that up this afternoon or this evening.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Need to clean the basement. If things turn out going south I may have to sneak the cats inside (Mom or no Mom).
Exercise
Make grocery list for essential items

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No garden visits today, tomorrow, next week. Better safe that sorry but I'm still sad.

Today. What am I doing today . . . I don't really know. I'll water plants in the greenhouse, which also needs tidying up. There's lots of tidying to do - cannot even see my desk top, what with things piled on it.

Finish the entry for BelleWood in Bloom with the pictures I took yesterday.
BelleWood in Bloom_2020-03_pink Magnolia stellata.jpg

There's always things to do but they won't be as much fun as visiting gardens.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls. We have a light frosting of snow this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, I had to run the dishwasher. Will scoop in a bit.
  • Threw a blueberry buckle together and it's baking in the oven now
  • Stripped the bed down
  • One of three loads of laundry
Finished Blood Ties (Prime) last night and am on the hunt for something else on TV

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Blueberry buckle sounds yummy!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • List for Caylee, washing throws. Try to read later.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Public gardens are totally closed. No trail / walking path use. I was thinking of driving around the neighborhood looking for trees in bloom to photograph and enjoy. It could possibly be as remote as rolling down the car window to do so. It would be of mental health benefit to me. And maybe / possibly good for people who follow BelleWood Gardens.

But we're supposed to be sequestered, here in New Jersey. I cannot imagine local police agreeing this is essential travel. Nor do I think it would be - somehow, in a worst case scenario - be worth my life. What to do, what to do . . .

Oh well. It's raining today so I have another 24 hours to over-think this.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sloppy snow this morning so I am skipping my walk. But yesterday night I did a YouTube search for good beginner Yoga videos and got YouTube set up on my living room TV, so in a short while I am going to do the video and see how that goes. I need something that gives me an all over stretch that walking just doesn’t do.

Other than that I want to spend some more time in the basement sorting and straightening.

So I decided no time like the present to start the yoga video and I learned that I don’t need a Yoga for Beginner video but rather a Yoga for Old People with No Flexibility video. I have to look for another where the poses aren’t held so long because I just couldn’t. But the good news is that Willow absolutely adored me being on the floor. She mewed and whined and stayed no more than six inches away from me the whole time.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Laundry. My new helper is working out well. She started at an odd time, right when the Governor ordered his first stay at home order. She's been able to get what I need form the stores and is a great cleaner. She's very cheerful and fun to be around. Cal likes her. She bought her catnip bubbles, so cute o watch her trying to catch them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I'm sorry you didn't make it to your garden. :hugs:
susanm9006 susanm9006 Rick wasn't able to walk yesterday due to snow and then sleep. He's out now for a walk
Mia6 Mia6 It sounds like your new helper is a gem. I'm so glad it's working out. Our clan loves catnip bubbles, too.

Rick got up with the girls, so I was a lazy slug this morning. He fed the girls and will scoop when he gets back from his walk.
  • I awakened around 8:30 this morning, but stayed in bed with the girls until 9:00. It's hard to get out of bed when I've got three girls lying around me, all snuggled, nice and warm. Got up, enjoyed a piece of blueberry buckle with my coffee. I'll go out in a bit to raise the blinds in the shed.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer in the living room and kitchen. Wipe the kitchen and bathroom down. One thing about being retired is that our house is usually fairly clean and it actually looks OK.
  • I'm a David Duchovny fan (X-Files), so I thought I'd give Californication a try. The overall story isn't bad, but I can do without all the so-called "sex" and T and A. On the hunt for something else.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was hungry this morning so I mixed up a box of banana nut muffins. Not really expecting them to taste like the real thing but good enough. Most will be bagged and go in the freezer for future breakfasts and snacks. Muffins and unfrosted cupcakes freeze and thaw very well.

Other than that I am trying to decide if I want to risk my life to go pick up some wood filler for the end table I am trying to work on refinishing. I had to iron the top of the table to reattach the laminate but there are cracks that need to be filled so that moisture doesn’t lift it back up again.

I will also probably take a walk and later on try another yoga video.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could always call, a lot of stores are having regular deliveries.

I've groomed the cat, fed everyone, and need to do a water change for my fishy kids.

thank you for that idea! :) i live in a rural area, so no grocery deliveries out here. however, there is curbside pick up for walmart orders, which i'm keeping in mind should i feel the need to not go inside stores at some point during this.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make a loaf of bread machine bread. i'll keep the wood stove going. and i'll likely spend some time with my budget.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Did you find anything to watch? Have you ever seen Mad Men? I loved the X-Files as well.
susanm9006 susanm9006 Did you go out for wood filler? The muffins sound good.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom The bread sounds yummy!
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Throws need washed. I wish it would warm up......would love to be on the deck reading. Too rainy for a walk or the temps go back down. Cal is sleeping beside me. She's had some hairballs so I need to give her a good brushing. She been pulling knots out on her own and eating them just like the Vincie girl used to do. She never did that when she first moved in.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Did you find anything to watch? Have you ever seen Mad Men? I loved the X-Files as well.
susanm9006 susanm9006 Did you go out for wood filler? The muffins sound good.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom The bread sounds yummy!
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Throws need washed. I wish it would warm up......would love to be on the deck reading. Too rainy for a walk or the temps go back down. Cal is sleeping beside me. She's had some hairballs so I need to give her a good brushing. She been pulling knots out on her own and eating them just like the Vincie girl used to do. She never did that when she first moved in.
I loved Mad Men. That was my favorite show when it was on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.