Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Dark and rainy this morning and my foot is complaining about previous walks so no walk today. I think I am going to spend a couple hours doing a sort and purge in the basement. I did a huge one last spring but I still have more than I really need. Other than that there is laundry to do and I will also keeping working on my latest jigsaw puzzle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Basement straightening paid off. While putting away tools from fall’s construction I found a pack of NIOSH 95 face masks that I bought when I was removing paint off of my back porch last Spring. Only a couple left but nice to have if I need them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Dark and rainy this morning and my foot is complaining about previous w, and rainyalks so no walk today. I think I am going to spend a couple hours doing a sort and purge in the basement. I did a huge one last spring but I still have more than I really need. Other than that there is laundry to do and I will also keeping working on my latest jigsaw puzzle.
How is your foot today? I want to get a smaller jigsaw than the 1,000 piece I have now. No surface big enough.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • It's very warm,humid, and rainy this morning For the first time since last fall, I have on a 3/4 length sleeved shirt on and my go-to light-weight sweats. My hair is scandalous, not sure how I'm going to get it cut. I can color it myself. Nicole used to cut hair for a living so I may have her cut off some of the bulk.and trim it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I told Dear Richard that I thought we should get a jigsaw puzzle. We could keep it out in the shed while putting it together.
Rick got up with the clan this morning and also scooped. I stayed in bed until almost 9:00! I'm sitting here now with my coffee.
  • I need to make some pizza dough balls, one for tonight and the others for the freezer. (I should have bought a fresh pound of instant yeast back in January, but I forgot about it; I usually buy fresh yeast at the beginning of the year and then it sees me through for the rest of the year. Fortunately, my old yeast still seems to be doing well.)
  • It's rainy, although we are to get into the very lows 70s today. And by this afternoon, it's going to become very humid with the possibility of t-storms. Seems like a good day to hit the shed with a book. Or lounge in front of the tv.
And I think that will be my Friday.
ETA: We're going down today to pick up The Beast's cremains. We'll take her unused food down there, too; the hospital knows of two families who could really use both the dry food and the cans. We're glad that somebody can use it.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Boy, is it windy out! That cold front slammed through last night.
  • My turn to get up with the clan. Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, and enjoying my coffee. I'll raise the shed blinds and scoop in a bit.
  • Vacuum and swiffer throughout the house. Wipe the kitchen and bathroom down.
  • I may do some laundry this morning.
I found this show on Prime last night. Blood Ties. It's kind of like Moonlight, but not nearly as well done. I think it only lasted two seasons.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning the computer club that Himself goes to is trying an Internet version. I'm curious to learn how it goes.

Yesterday I created and uploaded an entry for my web site on public gardens open in New Jersey. All buildings (that includes restrooms) are closed. But going for a walk on hiking trails while observing social distancing is good both physically and mentally. A couple of gardens are completely closed down. However two of the larger ones have virtual tours.

Today I need to do some laundry. Finish the BelleWood in Bloom entry for my web site. Do more garden cleanup.

Tomorrow we're going to visit a public garden - I'm hoping the magnolias have started to flower, having seen some elsewhere. And bring a picnic lunch with us.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning the computer club that Himself goes to is trying an Internet version. I'm curious to learn how it goes.

Yesterday I created and uploaded an entry for my web site on public gardens open in New Jersey. All buildings (that includes restrooms) are closed. But going for a walk on hiking trails while observing social distancing is good both physically and mentally. A couple of gardens are completely closed down. However two of the larger ones have virtual tours.

Today I need to do some laundry. Finish the BelleWood in Bloom entry for my web site. Do more garden cleanup.

Tomorrow we're going to visit a public garden - I'm hoping the magnolias have started to flower, having seen some elsewhere. And bring a picnic lunch with us.
аre there ponds in these gardens? :) so nice to have a picnic by the water :)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K Koveshnikov The garden I am thinking of visiting tomorrow (never has very many visitors, which is perfect in these days of social distancing) does have a pond and a small stream but it meanders through the woods so nowhere to sit and eat. Because there is no cleaning of picnic tables etc I am planning to bring two place mats I'll make from a shower curtain. Then, after dining al fresco I'll carefully fold them so what touches the table is on the inside and wash when we get home. So much to think about!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Having lunch at my son and gf’s house today. He lives across the border in Wisconsin so if there is a shelter in place order I probably wouldn’t get to see him for a while. When I return I owe my dementia auntie a phone call to see what she has stocked up and what she needs. She doesn’t drive so has been relying on deliveries which she said have been only partial orders. She is a hoarder though so whether she really needs anything is a valid question. I suspect she already has enough toilet paper to keep her until 2021.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault The walk and picnic sounds like a good idea. What will you make for lunch?
susanm9006 susanm9006 Nice that you'll be able to have a drive and have lunch. Please be careful with
your foot. chores

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Will do some light chores and read or watch a movie. It's too cold for a walk. Yesterday it was 68 when I got up and by late afternoon it was so hot in my place I turned on the ac! It was very damp and humid. I was resting with Cal, just dosing, and the Severe Weather Siren went off. That sound creeps me out. It rained very hard, lots of wind and hail.Cal used to hide during storms but she just leaned up against my legs. Before I went to bed later on I turned off the ac and set the heat to turn on at 62. When I woke up it was soooo cold. When I got downstairs I looked at the thermostat and realized I hadn't turned the heat on. It was 60 or below in here yikes!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 We'll see what I end up with for lunch when we get to tomorrow. But probably hard boiled eggs or maybe egg salad wrap, veggie sticks with carrots, celery, red pepper, potato chips. Finger food so I don't have to pack up cutlery.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I timed my critter care chores this morning. When I include a 25% water change for the aquarium, then feeding everyone, administering milk thistle--(I keep telling him that if he'd eat it willingly I wouldn't have to hand feed him but it does provide the opportunity to get some top-shelf food into him :thumbsup:), taking up old dishes/bowls and putting down fresh food and water and cleaning litter boxes takes about an hour plus a bit.

Exercise

Possibly some dusting

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will not be going on a garden visit tomorrow.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy announced a statewide "stay at home" order which will go in to effect at 9 p.m. ET Saturday.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We will not be going on a garden visit tomorrow.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy announced a statewide "stay at home" order which will go in to effect at 9 p.m. ET Saturday.
Oh that is really too bad. No exclusions for outdoors or exercise?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is yours like this?
Los Angeles’s mayor, Eric Garcetti, emphasized that “nobody is locked down.”
You can still take a walk — in fact, it’s encouraged. You can still go to the grocery store, or bring food to loved ones. Just stay at least six feet away from anybody you don’t live with and be mindful of others’ vulnerabilities.

I got most of what I intended to do accomplished today :)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not locking my doors from the inside. My expectation is that public parks and gardens will be closed to visitors.

Grocery stores, pharmacys, hardware and home improvement stores, automobile dealers but only for maintenance and repair, pet stores, banks, liquor stores, gas stations and more will stay open under Governor Murphy’s Executive Order directing the closure of all non-essential retail businesses to the public.

I doubt that public parks and gardens are considered essential for most of the people in New Jersey, even if we are known as The Garden State.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess what I'm wondering is if you can still go for walks and don't have to pay to enter, those types of gardens and such should still be accessible.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really betwixt and between. I very much want to go. But I don't want to drive 45 minutes and discover the gates are locked.

Tomorrow's garden - the director is a friend. I just tried to call, got the "can't take your call, leave a message" and when I heard the beep got another message that "the mailbox is full, try again later." This may be his office work phone, which he is less likely to answer on the weekend. But I'll try tomorrow and failing to get an answer, on Monday.

Next weekend's garden that I want to visit is in a different New Jersey county, I have the parks & recreation office number so will try calling on Monday.

Of course wouldn't you know tomorrow's weather is supposed to be lovely, then rain on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.