• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester
we are very sorry...
Mia6 Mia6
the kitten is wonderful :) but how will Cal react?... and how is Andreas doing? :)
The kitten is a not certain type of thing but I think she'll be very happy! I have not seen
Andreas for about 3 weeks or so but there is a "baby Andreas", a kitten who looks just like
him. He'll come on the deck to look for Cal. I love Gingers!!💖

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I think a kitten is a wonderful idea! There's always something so wonderful about having a kitten in the house. Everything is new and exciting for them and that becomes so exciting for you. You know, we'll want to see pictures, lots of pictures of the baby!
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom You are the Queen of cooking ahead and you'll get through the downtime just fine. Whenever I think of cooking ahead, I always think of you.

Thanks guys. We'll be OK. We have to get through it. It just seems strange without her here, after five years. She was part of the family.
Rick came to bed last night and he slept fairly well; I tossed and turned until around 3 or so. Amber had me up at 7:00, so that wasn't too bad.

We got an email from Best Buy; evidently they're still delivering the tv this morning. I'm a little surprised by that, but since it's just a delivery, maybe they're thinking all they have to do is get it to the front stoop, Rick can sign for it and we'll bring it into the house....which is what we were going to do anyway. I had a hair appt this morning, but since Gov Wolf shut down all non-essential business, I'm not going down. I called yesterday after his press conference and she was to call me back. She didn't call, so I'm assuming the appt is cancelled. Til this thing is over and til life gets back to whatever passes for normal in the US, I'm going to be really grey and white! Eeek! :lol:
  • Breakfast for the girls, Rick emptied the dishwasher and he'll scoop later on. I'm having my coffee.
  • I ripped through the house yesterday big time, even washing windows. There's not much to do today. I may do a load of kitty linens and wash Jackie's towels and blankies.
  • We'll have to take my tv out from the bedroom and put it in the basement. Then we'll take the tv from the living room and put that in the bedroom. The bedroom tv goes on a bureau, but the living room tv is on the wall. We have to find the legs to the living room tv (or maybe we can just use the pedestal from the bedroom tv). It will be nice to have the tv in the basement for when I'm on the treadmill....if I ever get down to the treadmill again.
And that will be our Tuesday.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a call from the county arboretum about my class for next Saturday that I had cancelled. Turns out that they've made the decision to keep the grounds open but close the buildings so the class would have been cancelled anyhow. We discussed things - should we reschedule for April? I said we should wait 10 days and then think about it. In the meantime I will clean and make seed packets for sufficient seed that the registered people will get 2 each, along with printed out handouts. The arboretum will mail everything to the students. Told my contact that people can use something pleasant.

Told my every other week cleaning lady not to come today. That means at the least I get to do the bathrooms and kitchen. And there's laundry to do today too.

An interesting book - Moss Ball Bonsai - arrived yesterday for review. Today I need to flip through, choose some enticing images and see if the publisher's PR dept can provide the ones I want.

Need to update the BelleWood in Bloom section of my website and finish yet another update for the Hope for the Best-Prepping for Covid-19 entry. Yesterday evening I chose images from what I've taken, resized, inserted copyright notice, named and saved. Now need to write the entry in html.

Think this morning is a two-cups-of-coffee start to the day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Best Buy just delivered the television. I didn't think they would, but they did. They brought it in the house and, instead of signing paper, they took a picture of the boxed tv in the living room. I wiped a $20 bill with a disinfectant wipe and gave it to them as a tip. I don't know if a wipe will help or not.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The kitten is a not certain type of thing but I think she'll be very happy! I have not seen
Andreas for about 3 weeks or so but there is a "baby Andreas", a kitten who looks just like
him. He'll come on the deck to look for Cal. I love Gingers!!💖
why you want not kitten?... why don't you find out if this ginger kitten can be adopted? :) he himself chose you and Cal :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
except for salad making items, milk/eggs/yogurt/cottage cheese, and a few other items. i'll reschedule the grocery shopping to after the 'panic' has passed and the grocery stores are stocked again.
You could always call, a lot of stores are having regular deliveries.

I've groomed the cat, fed everyone, and need to do a water change for my fishy kids.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for a twenty five minute walk this morning and as I was out walking I realized that the sleeves of the coat I was wearing had leaned on dozens of cart handles and could have been loaded with virus so it and all my hoodies went into the wash. While they were washing I pulled up my filthy winter door rugs and replaced them with the lighter (and many times cleaner) summer ones. This afternoon, I was getting a little stir crazy so I spent a hour or so picking up sticks and trash in the back yard and giving the garage a straightening and sweep.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
why you want not kitten?... why don't you find out if this ginger kitten can be adopted? :) he himself chose you and Cal :)
Alex, I want a kitten but only if I can afford health care for him or her. I live on a fixed income because of my disabilities and there is not a lot of money for extras. If I can afford the Pet healthcare insurance I plan on getting a kitten. The little ginger lives 2 houses from me but likes to roam.:)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes the
  • Tea
  • Put some of the throws etc. that I use to cover the deck chairs in the washer. Wishful thinking, it's supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow. Caylee shopped for me yesterday. I'm now pretty well set, will need milk but now yet. I had 6 rolls of toilet paper and she bought 6 more. She said some people were stocking their carts so full. One woman had canned goods falling out of her cart onto the floor and she had 2 children behind her with full carts! The store had product that had not yet been unpacked but people were going crazy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up this morning with the girls, so I slept in until 8:30. I had stayed up last night to see the results of the primaries, so I took advantage. He fed the girls and already scooped the boxes.
My doctor's office called yesterday to remind me about my blood work today. I cancelled the blood work and the doctor's appt until the end of June. They were fine with it. They called to the drugstore for my meds to go to a three-month prescription. I'll go down tomorrow to pick them up. While I'm there, I'll check on toilet paper and eggs. We're going to mail out bills and our application for mail-in ballots for the PA primary. We're trying to combine everything for one trip as much as we can.
  • We're working on getting the living room back into some semblance of order after getting the new tv up on the wall. We have to re-arrange stereo equipment, do a good vacuum and a dusting.
  • Rick will be working on writing checks for bills and getting things done for the union today. While he's doing that, I'm going to work a bit in the basement (we've pretty much given up on a summer yard sale at this point, but I'm still working on organization). He can't sign new people anymore, because he's no longer allowed in the plant due to COVID-19. He has to do his stuff and then meet with the local president outside the plant and hand all paperwork over to him.
  • Trash night tonight
  • We may take our stuff to the recycling center because we don't know how much longer it will be open. That's fairly safe; usually when we go, we're the only ones there.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alex, I want a kitten but only if I can afford health care for him or her. I live on a fixed income because of my disabilities and there is not a lot of money for extras. If I can afford the Pet healthcare insurance I plan on getting a kitten. The little ginger lives 2 houses from me but likes to roam.:)
sorry, we forgot about insurance :( let it all work out :)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A service tech came out from my internet provider to install the internet in my house. I haven't been able to use my computer since Sunday, so I haven't been able to keep up on school work. After that, I had an appointment at my psychiatrist, then I stopped by my apartment to get more stuff to pack in my car. I'm nearly done getting everything out. Most of the stuff left are cleaning supplies (since I still have to clean the apartment) and big items that won't fit into my car. After that, I picked up the groceries that I ordered, came home, unloaded everything and then fell asleep on the couch.

I've been so exhausted with moving. I have to go to work tomorrow, which I am not at all pleased about. They closed the libraries, but staff still have to go in. There will not be any work for us to do come Friday, especially since management doesn't want us to touch the returned materials.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A service tech came out from my internet provider to install the internet in my house. I haven't been able to use my computer since Sunday, so I haven't been able to keep up on school work. After that, I had an appointment at my psychiatrist, then I stopped by my apartment to get more stuff to pack in my car. I'm nearly done getting everything out. Most of the stuff left are cleaning supplies (since I still have to clean the apartment) and big items that won't fit into my car. After that, I picked up the groceries that I ordered, came home, unloaded everything and then fell asleep on the couch.

I've been so exhausted with moving. I have to go to work tomorrow, which I am not at all pleased about. They closed the libraries, but staff still have to go in. There will not be any work for us to do come Friday, especially since management doesn't want us to touch the returned materials.
That sounds like a load! Moving even under the best circumstances is exhausting. Add in a new house, a virus and stressful times and it’s no wonder you are exhausted. Hopefully you have someone who is helping with the big stuff?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a load! Moving even under the best circumstances is exhausting. Add in a new house, a virus and stressful times and it’s no wonder you are exhausted. Hopefully you have someone who is helping with the big stuff?
My dad has been helping with the heavy stuff. Thankfully I'm pretty strong in my own right. I picked up a shelving unit yesterday that I won in an auction and I didn't expect it to weigh 80 pounds but I got it in my car by myself.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
sorry, we forgot about insurance :( let it all work out :)
Thank you!! I hope it works out as well.:hearthrob:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Making a list for Caylee. I had a little trip and fall the other day. My knees and back are sore but I'm managing. It's supposed to be warm today but rainy. I would love to get out for a walk. This social distancing is hard. We, as a species, are not wired for it!! I'm talking with Cal a lot. She got so frightened when Caylee was cleaning the bathroom. She had been on the bed but when she heard the water turn on she bolted from the bed and was downstairs at the bottom of the steps, crying. I coaxed her back up with sweet talk so she came back up and snuggled till Caylee was done.Sweet girl💖

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Take some time out to enjoy moving! This is your first new home, enjoy the move, and enjoy putting things where you want them to go. Enjoy the whole thing! And congratulations!
Mia6 Mia6 I'm so glad you have a helper who helps. Poor Cal. It's difficult when there's a "new" human in the house. She'll get used to her.

It was a very rainy night around here and is still drizzling this morning.

My SIL and BIL (Rick's sister and her husband) are coming down for a few minutes. He smoked some of his sausage and wants to give us some of it. I can't wait; he makes the best sausage, bar none. He's definitely got us spoiled. They're not coming in the house, they said they'll just meet us outside. We are trying to be safe.
  • Breakfast for the girls (I got up this morning and Rick is still snoring away), emptied the dishwasher, and I'll scoop in a bit. Right now, I'm enjoying my coffee.
  • I'm making two loaves of swirled rye bread this morning to enjoy with our Reubens tonight for dinner. One loaf for us, one loaf for my BIL, who loves the stuff.
  • We are going to Target to pick up our meds and I'll stop at the store to check on butter and eggs. If there is any TP, I will buy a pack. For some reason, I've turned into a real bear about having eggs in the house.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks, Pam. It will take time for Cal to adjust to someone new, yeah? She loved Sherry and vice versa.
Caylee has 4 cats. My bathroom looks like a professional cleaned it! I had her wash the shower curtain liner and curtain
in the machine in hot water, then she hung them back up to dry. It still smells like bleach in there so I put the fan on and lit
a candle. Your bread sounds amazing! Are you swirling it with pumpernickel? I have 2 dozen eggs which is a lot for me.
Are you having rubens?

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! I hope it works out as well.:hearthrob:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Making a list for Caylee. I had a little trip and fall the other day. My knees and back are sore but I'm managing. It's supposed to be warm today but rainy. I would love to get out for a walk. This social distancing is hard. We, as a species, are not wired for it!! I'm talking with Cal a lot. She got so frightened when Caylee was cleaning the bathroom. She had been on the bed but when she heard the water turn on she bolted from the bed and was downstairs at the bottom of the steps, crying. I coaxed her back up with sweet talk so she came back up and snuggled till Caylee was done.Sweet girl💖
we hope, you weren’t injured in the fall ... are you consuming enough calcium? ...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
we hope, you weren’t injured in the fall ... are you consuming enough calcium? ...
No, just sore. I fell last year and sprained the meniscus on my left.knee. It still acts
up if I walk a lot, etc. The fall caused a flare up so I'm using a bag filled with rice that
I microwave, elevation, my pain meds, and rest. It feels better today. I probably should consume
more calcium. Thanks for asking.
:hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.