Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking about wearing a mask but don't want to be an alarmist.
If you want to wear one, by all means do :)

And The Beast has another name: Mom's Shadow.
Looking back over your posts, I think it isn't just food for her tummy she is looking for :).

Fed the cat and put down his (fresh/clean daily) water bowl
Groomed the cat (goodness, so much hair!)
Still need to clean his boxes

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Using all of my stress reducing mechanisms today. The gym and unenthusiastic workout this morning, then thrift shopping and finishing the afternoon by spending an hour sitting in the walk in closet sorting and organizing lightbulbs. The LED’s are now sorted by wattage and are separate from the incandescents and that somehow is calming. Sometimes being a bit OCD can be quite helpful.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I
1) took a Chewy's box & paper to my friend with the fabulous vegetable garden. She's already starting onions, asparagus, artichokes, and lettuce under grow lights. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" she said, and I ended up with sweet potatoes, onions, and garlic from last year's garden.
2) Then to post office to mail yet another dried corn heat pack, this time to Himself's cousin whose knee surgery 6 months ago has not been going well. So on Monday she was back to the surgeon who again operated to removed scar tissue. Waiting to hear how that went.
After that, I
3) went to the Wednesday morning knitting group, for about an hour because next
4) I went to the IGA where I bought coffee beans, two onion bagels, some yogurt, and milk.
Home for lunch and this and that, then off
5) to Costco to buy my covid-19 preps.
Which are now
6) in the basement sorted into 3 large plastic tubs, with lids. Canned goods on the bottom, pasta etc in the middle, baking supplies and snacks in topmost tub. If we are never sequestered, they're just more of what I already have in the kitchen pantry. Need a few more items - Costco only had 25 pound bags of flour which would be difficult to store, only had cleaner + bleach and I want straight bleach, etc.

Busy, and productive day.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We went to our local public library this morning. The Spouse had books to return and he needed to check on his library card. He got an email saying they were canceling it because he hadn't renewed it. o_O Very strange. Even stranger, he and I got our cards at the same time, and I didn't get a notice. And when we checked at the desk, his was going to expire next week and mine was good until 2023. Good grief.

We dropped off all of our tax documents with the CPA in preparation for our meeting with him next week.

I received my order of Feliway spray today and am getting ready to mist the places that Miss Mocha has suddenly taken an interest in scratching. She's very good about using her scratchers, but lately she's forgotten her manners a bit. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What you’re describing sounds like abuse...and it sounds like it’s escalating. I encourage you to call and inform her supervisor immediately and to tell him she is never to return to your home. This has gone beyond just laziness; it’s abusive and an attempt to control and manipulate through fear and intimidation.
You are right. Tuesday was her last day. I'd become so used to her nastiness it was becoming the new normal. I've lost 15
pounds because of the stress from all this and it ends now. I don't care how long it takes to get someone else, I will not be
verbally abused in my own home. I am calling Jon when he gets to the office.

Thank you for the wake-up call!!💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Umm, Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 if you were referring to the woman standing behind the table of wine, she is not me, if that's why you were saying I'm beautiful. But perhaps I am, said she, preening.
Of course you are, if you're beautiful on the inside, you are on the outside as well!! :hugs: :hearthrob::redheartpump::thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Mom's Shadow indeed. :redheartpump: I had no idea mashed potatoes were used in donuts. You make benignes?? Oh yum!!
S susan Did you find anything at the thrift store?:hearthrob:
Tobermory Tobermory Strange about hubby's library card. hmmmm.....
C catapault Have you been making anything yummy?
Furballsmom Furballsmom So cute about Poppycat sitting on the deck.
K Koveshnikov How are you and Nicky?
  • Boxes
  • Lots of tea
  • We are having snow as I'm writing this and it's beautiful albeit cold and windy. It's 20 degrees but feels like 6 with the wind chill.Got home from Pain Management yesterday and Cal gave me the business for over 2 hours!! She would not look at me or purr. I knew her feelings were hurt so I kissed her sweet head about 20 times, petted her and she finally forgave me. We then cuddled and dosed for a few hours, adorable girl. Yesterday was 5 months since our Vincie girl went to the Bridge. I thought it was the 23rd but it was 26th of August. We miss her wicked and I've decided that on the 26th of each month we will celebrate her life. I got the idea from another member. I remember how cute she was when she was jealous if I was petting someone else. Also, she was very popular with the boys,,,she loved hanging out with Nigel, a feral, who adored her, lovely Vincie girl. :rbheart: :redheartpump::thumbsup:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Cold, windy, and snowy this morning. It's a good morning to go back to bed with the girls, a mug of hot chocolate, and a book. I do have some work to do, though, so that will have to wait for another time.

Mia6 Mia6 , when I was doing my college internship, I worked in Harrisburg, about 60 miles away from our house. I stayed in Harrisburg through the week to work and came home on Friday nights, spent the weekend at home, then went back to Harrisburg Sunday night or early Monday morning. Well, on Friday, I'd walk in the front door and there was Banshee on the steps, waiting for me. I'd say, "Well, hello, baby girl!" bend down to pick her up, and that girl would turn her back to me! Every single Friday! I'd have to grovel, pretty much on my hands and knees before she'd forgive me. The first couple weeks, she had me in tears, until I realized she was doing it on purpose; it was her way of letting me know that she was not amused by my absence. Then I quickly learned how to beg and plead for her forgiveness. Somehow we got through the semester that way. It happened every single Friday night the whole semester. (And one time, I had to panel a discussion group on a Saturday with my boss, so I didn't make it home that weekend. Rick said Banshee was not a happy camper when I didn't come home.)
Good luck with Jon; that woman should not be in this kind of business. She's just too nasty. Please let us know what happens with your discussion with Jon.
  • Breakfast for the girls and am working on my coffee. Rick emptied the dishwasher and it's his turn to scoop.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer in the living room and kitchen
  • Wipe down the bathrooom

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Awwww....darling Banshee!! The Vincie girl always gave me the business but I'm surprised at getting it from
Callie. I was such a big suck-up, a grown woman begging, ha!! Sounds like Banshee was your girl. :hugs: :hearthrob::redheartpump:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

New aide will start the 10th of March, a Monday!!!!

Thanks to all of your for your support. I could not have
come to this wise decision without you. Mush wanted
to come across the pond and sort her out so I knew it was
time for her to go.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
💖💝

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea x 3, 15 degrees here
  • Will do some laundry today, throws need washed, some smalls. Dishes...will pace myself. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and Sunday so maybe I can get out for a walk. The problem is people don't shovel their sidewalks so I have to walk on the street. I use a Rollator and the wheels are plastic so they get stuck in the snow and ice sometimes. I've got DVDs that need picked up from the library. I have good books, etc.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Way to go Mia6 Mia6 ! That was so awesome for you to stick up for yourself! Hopefully Jon gave her a write up about her attitude, although she deserves so much more. And I hope the new helper is exactly who you need to help you. :hugs:

Another cold and windy day. No snow on the ground, but we've got snow showers today and, especially, tomorrow.
  • Breakfast for the girls and I'm drinking my coffee. Rick is emptying the dishwasher and he'll scoop the boxes.
  • I have the first of two loads of laundry in the washer.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer in the shed
Oh, remember when I mentioned that I was so worried about my umbrella tree that I brought home from work? It was really droopy and I thought I was gong to lose it. But then, I found a little guy coming up next to the tree stem, so I thought all was well (yes, I know that umbrella babies shoot out of the top of the plant). Well, turns out that my "little guy" is actually a prayer plant! I had had a prayer plant in that pot nefore and didn't dump the soil; I just brought the planter home. And then when I needed something to stick the umbrella tree cutting in, I was in a hurry and just stuck the cutting in that pot. After about six or seven months or so (since I cut the prayer plant down to the soil), it started growing again. And that "little guy" of a prayer plant has now been joined by two other "little guys". And the umbrella tree? Well, it really is doing well and has three new baby shoots coming out of the top! I'm going to keep them in the same planter; evidently they like each other.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I am planning to
1) go to health food store to see if they have whole milk powdered milk (I don't like the non-fat found in the supermarket. And did you know you can make fresh cheeses, cottage-type cheese for example, from powdered milk?)
2) grocery shop for non-covid-19 prep items (frozen vegetables, for example. Even though we have a whole house generator I am focusing on shelf-stable items for my preps.)
3) photograph more flowers popping up in the woods
4) prep for the two classes I am teaching next month at the local arboretum - one on native bulbs and the other on propagating wildflowers from seed

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 ! That was so awesome for you to stick up for yourself! Hopefully Jon gave her a write up about her attitude, although she deserves so much more. And I hope the new helper is exactly who you need to help you. :hugs:
Thank you, Pam! :hugs:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much to do today! :yess: i've been doing the 'big push' on the putting up for the hot summer months, and now only have large batches of meatballs (to bake, then freeze), pasta sauce (to cook, then can), and 5 loaves of banana bread (to bake, then freeze) left to make.

so today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll also spend some time with my budget.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Good to see you, I was worried!! I am very hungry afer reading what you've been doing. Love homemade sauce and banana bread! Do you put walnuts in yours?

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • I have a lot to do but will pace myself. Trip to PC did a number on me but I am managing. I've been wearing my new boots while in the house to stretch them out as they are suede. I didn't know this when I purchased them but the fur around the ankle is real sheep's wool. The inside is sheep's skin. I am allergic to all wool, mohair, angora, etc. I have another pair of ankle boots that have fake fur around the ankle and I am also allergic to that. On Thursday night my ankles were a hot mess, ha!! I took a Benadryl and used a lot of Witch Hazel to quell the itching. Cal was acting strangely, The day of my PC appt, I locked myself out because I had taken my Rollator out to the driveway so it would be there when my ride came. I could not open my front door, it was stuck, no keys or phone, awakened my neighbor which I felt sooo badly about. She called the police and they were able to open the door, it was even hard for him to open. I hope his shoulder is ok. He showed me why it wouldn't open, I thought it was frozen. He even asked for a Phillips and fixed it for me!! The joys of living in a small town. Cal was on the chair when the police came and she booked for upstairs. She was mad at first on Wednesday but forgave me. We had a lot of snow so plows and salt trucks were going up and my street from Thursday into yesterday. She would not come downstairs as she is afraid of loud noises. There is a box upstairs and food. She finally came down yesterday afternoon but kept looking around. The police were often at her first home because of the fighting and I think seeing the uniform may have frightened her, not sure. Also, she misses my ex-helper and I feel bad about that. She loved Cal and Cal was fond of her.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The joys of living in a small town.
Isn't that the truth? By the way, you could try some cat music for Cal - it can be quite helpful in relaxing a cat :) including classical harp music.

Today, printed out my tax documents - our appointment is next week

I need to groom the cat - he's shedding fur like crazy

unload the dishwasher, do some laundry

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Did my daily 45 minutes of exercise (combo treadmill and weight machines). Even after several months, I don’t like it any better, but at least I distract myself by listening to some great podcasts: Hidden Brain, The Moth, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me.

To celebrate the calorie loss, I made cinnamon French toast and drenched it in butter and maple syrup. :)

After I finish my second cup of coffee, I need to work on the hike leaders handbook for our spring hike series.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did you hear the screaming and kitty-cussing coming from central PA yesterday? It was spa-day at our house and Mollipop was letting us know that she wasn't amused. Clipped claws and cleaned ears. Bet you could hear Molli yelling on Pluto.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am drinking my coffee. I'll have to scoop boxes later on and then raise the shed blinds
  • I've been working on kitchen organizing, going through cabinets and trying to figure out what to keep, what to trash, and what to attempt to sell at a yard sale. I have a small tote for the sale so far.
  • Work on a bit of a grocery list. Mainly cat food and water. Oh, and I have to re-order food for The Beast
  • Outlander tonight
And that's pretty much it. No real plans for today. Rick has half a headache this morning and is curled up on the couch.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Did you hear the screaming and kitty-cussing coming from central PA yesterday? It was spa-day at our house and Mollipop was letting us know that she wasn't amused. Clipped claws and cleaned ears. Bet you could hear Molli yelling on Pluto.

Oh My, ha!!! I can't do Cal's nails w/o help but I can do her ears.
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Slept till after 4:00am for the first time since 2018!! I have more to catch up on but it will happen. May wash more throws not sure.
  • I was able to wash the dishes yesterday and do a load of smalls.
  • By the way, you could try some cat music for Cal - it can be quite helpful in relaxing a cat :) including classical harp music.
    Maybe I'll reserve some from the library. I have a lot of classical CDs, I love Chopin. Could you please five me the name of a good harpist?

Status
Not open for further replies.