Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Well, Diva Beast Rules, ha!! Sounds like she is doing well. darling girl. Funny about her and Molli switching food.
Microwaved and water? ha!!!:hugs::redheartpump:
S susan So sorry about your nephew. Don't fret about your house, it'll get done. :hugs: :redheartpump:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Feeling relaxed because helper is not coming in and most of the laundry is caught up.The dryer hose was clogged with lint and water from putting throws, etc that hadn't been drained enough. All of last week the dryer and some of the clothes had a funky odor, Ryan fixed it but everything washed last week needed to be rewashed and we're almost done. He said to run the dryer with dryer sheets on high for about 20 mins or so, let it rest and continue to do so until the odor was gone. I began Friday and by Sunday the odor was gone. I thought it was gone on Saturday but I did a load of throws and they smelled so I did what he said to do. Will do some throws today, clean Cal's private areas, a few light chores. Maybe read and watch a movie.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
She's not eating this morning and she appears to be a bit out of it. Rick gave her an appetite stimulant and I'm hoping that will kick in. Her new food came; I mixed with a bit of Blue Buffalo Beef, microwaved, and added a wee bit of water. She walked over, took a sniff, and walked away.

My co-worker put his Jasper to sleep on Monday. He knew it was time and it had to be done. He texted me Monday night, but since I'm not working I never have my phone anymore. This time it was out in the car and I never got the text until last night. I immediately called him and we chatted for a good hour. He really misses his boy, but he knows it was for the best. I need to keep my phone with me and I need to keep it charged. I feel bad that I wasn't there for him.

Sunny, but cold out this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, put cat food and dog food away. I'm drinking my coffee now.
  • We didn't bother to get Clarence yesterday, so that's on the list today. And while I'm in town, I need vanilla. For the first time in years, I actually need vanilla. I still have just a wee bit of my vanilla made with vodka and that's it. And by a "wee bit" I mean about a teaspoon or so. America's Test Kitchen recommended Baker's Imitation Vanilla and I tried it several months ago. It seemed to taste OK in cookies, so I'm going to see if our local grocery stores carry it. If not, then I'll have to go to Amazon.
  • A good vacuuming, swiffering, and general cleaning in the house today.
  • Trash tonight

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How is she this morning? :hugs: I'm sorry about Jasper.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Waiting for cloths to dry as I am going to wear some of them. So cold here, about 24 but colder with the wind chill. I have extreme cabin fever.Can't wait to get out and about. Non-helper, ha!, is back today. February and March are trickster months so we may have some warm days or perhaps a blizzard, yikes!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck Mia6 Mia6 I truly hope you can find somebody. Even if that somebody came in for fewer hours, but actually worked during those hours, you might be further ahead.

The Beast puked during the night. We cleaned everything up. But she's like a cat; she was probably in the kitchen, thought "Oh, I have to puke!" and walked three inches onto the living room carpet then let it rip. Rick had finally steam-cleaned the carpet yesterday, too. Dang. He's getting the cleaner back out as I type.

Thankfully neither the truck or Clarence needed anything for their inspections this week. Both had oil changed and tires rotated.

While Rick was doing the carpet yesterday, I Bona'ed the computer room floor and the bathroom floor. Cleaned the bathroom. Wiped down the kitchen. Cleaned out the fridge. We were busy.
  • Breakfast for the girls (the Beast won't eat, oh it's not that she's not hungry; it's that she doesn't like the new NF canned food. I transitioned her over; she eats the Blue Buffalo, but not the NF) and am drinking my coffee. I'll raise the shed blinds when I'm finished with my coffee.
  • Going to move the sofa and steam-clean under that and come back through the hallway today.
  • Rick is bowling tonight. Supernatural is on hiatus til March. I may play some Nintendo tonight for a while.
He has a union meeting this afternoon, so he'll go to that and stop for printer paper on his way home. He has to run a few errands.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, so the Beast is being picky, hee!! Sounds like your house is spotless! Have you spoken with Bob? Why do cats do that when have to puke? It's difficult for me to pick Cal up so she'll does it on a throw rug instead of the carpeting. It was easy when I would pick the darling Vincie girl up but my sweet Cal is 15 pounds!:chessirecat:

K Koveshnikov Alex, Nicky and Pam, helper was amazingly nice yesterday and worked her butt off!! She thinks I reported her to Jon but I didn't, hee, hee! I'm still looking for an Independent aide. They are paid better and I work directly with them no agency but as I said before, they are difficult to find. Thank you for your support!:hugs::rock::grouphug2:💖
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Very cold here so I'm rugged up in pjs, robe, hat, jacket, warm socks and boots. I had sausage gravy and biscuits yesterday from McDonald's. I had her buy 2 so I would have one for later. I also had some egg salad. Pain was wicked so I rested a lot. Neuropathic pain is so tricky. One of my docs told me that there are monks in Tibet who have learned to control their sympathetic nervous systems, which is what causes my type of pain. It takes years and years but they have learned. I felt better later on and played with Cal and her toy mice and fishing pole with a mouse on the end of it; she adores it!! She's sleeping next to me as usual, making those adorable cooing, snorting, snoring, and chirping sounds. Wonder if she's dreaming about her fella, the handsome ginger cat with only one eye?:gingercat2:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's really chilly here, too. It's 20F, but it seems like a very cold 20F.

Rick took Miss Diva Beast to the vet this morning and she'll stay there until her tests are finished and they have results. She needs blood work and another ultrasound to see how she's doing. This week she's been up and down. She won't eat, unless it's something SHE wants and we have no idea what SHE wants from breakfast to lunch to dinner. It's frustrating. But yesterday, for the first time in a while, I took her out to pee and she ran back up the yard, flag flying fairly high. She bounded up the steps. "Where's my snack? huh? Where's my snack?" "Oh, no I don't want a carrot. I don't think I want apple. Ok, I'll take a cookie, I guess." It's a doggie cookie. Anyway, she had to go to the vet this morning and wasn't allowed breakfast. I couldn't feed the cats and not her (how fair is that?), so nobody got breakfast until Miss Diva Beast and Rick left in the truck. So we had four cats and a Miss Diva Beast wondering where their breakfast was. Nobody was happy.

I was finally able to give the cats breakfast, they did a quick wash, and are now sleeping the Sleep of the Full Bellies.
  • Breakfast for the feline girls, emptied the dishwasher, drinking my coffee and enjoying a blueberry muffin. I'll raise the shed blinds in a bit. Rick took Miss Diva Beast to the vet and we'll pick her up around noon or so, whenever they call us.
  • The first load of laundry is in the washer
  • Rick steam-cleaned the other half of the living room yesterday and will vacuum it out today. We'll put the furniture back and then we're done with the living room and the hallway.
  • I'll water/feed my plants in the shed today and do a quick vacuum out there.
ETA: Just finished cleaning out the Keurig. I don't do a de-scale; rather I use a mixture of white vinegar and water and run that through, followed by two quarts of water run through. I take the whole thing apart, wash it in hot, soapy water, give it a good rinse, followed by a drying. Put it all back together and try a cup. I do that about every six weeks.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
sleeping the Sleep of the Full Bellies.
Love this ❤

Change fishie water
Groom the cat
Possibly see if the snow has melted enough off the tennis court in front of the practice board to do some tennis-ing, --either way, run to the grocery store for a couple things to make Alton Brown's lentil soup. That broth is SO good.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through a box of photos this morning picking out and scanning ones of my nephew for his celebration of life service on Monday. Very emotional.

And on a brighter note I ironed a table this afternoon. I have been on the lookout for a side table for a couple months and found a great one at the thrift store a few days ago. Mostly in good shape except on the top where the veneer was really bubbled up in spots so the whole top was uneven and wavy. I thought I was going to have to scrape it all off and replace it but thanks to You Tube I found a video that demonstrated how you can stick veneer back down on old furniture just by ironing it. Now when something sounds that unlikely I just had to try it. So I laid tin foil over the top, turned the iron on high and ran the iron over the table top for a few minutes. Darned if it didn’t work perfectly. The table top is now perfectly flat again. There are a few fine cracks to be filled and I will need to refinish the top but that is a pretty easy job that I will get to when the weather warms up.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I'm really sorry. Photos are so hard to go through sometimes and, especially for you, during this time. :hugs:
How cool is that that you were able to repair your table?!

Rick told me last night that he wants a list of inside-house tasks that I would like to see finished this year. Oh boy! I wrote it out and gave it to him this morning. He just looked at me and muttered something about wives. I let it go.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher raised the shed blinds, and am drinking my coffee. My day to scoop boxes.
  • Rick's mom messed her Kindle up again; we'll go up tonight (or maybe more like this afternoon), so I can take a look at it. The last couple times were so bad that I had to bring it home (internet service there is very poor; usually we have to create a hotspot on one of our phones for me to even download library e-books).
  • A quick vacuum throughout the house.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
S susan I'm sorry about your nephew. You are so clever to think of that . You should be a designer.
Winchester Winchester So you've got Rick busy, hee, hee How is Miss Diva Beast? So that pesky Kindle
is acting up again.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Have some throws in another load to go. discuss LTIL, start reading The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie and I have a true crime, Lethal Beauty, some others I started and have never gotten back to. Need to go across the pond for The Pale Horse, The House on Cold Hill, and Part 3 of the Yorkshire Dark Mystery series.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another cold morning. So far I have
1) fed cats
2) filled bird feeders
3) built fire in the wood burning stove after cleaning out ashes
4) will be going to the living history farm for their maple syrup making program. Given how odd the weather has been this winter I have questions (but then, don't I always)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's maple syrup making at the living history farm was - as always - very nice.
Howell-Maple Syrup_2020-02_Pete, Larry and Tom bringing sap to sugar shack.jpg
Tom, the Belgian draft horse, was pulling the sledge to bring milk cans of maple sap to the sugar shack where it would be boiled down to maple syrup. It takes 40 gallons of sap to make just one gallon of maple syrup. At the farm house they were making pancakes on the wood burning stove, served with a dab of butter and
Howell-Maple Syrup_2020-02_pouring syrup on pancakes.jpg
drizzle of maple syrup for visitors to enjoy.

I realized that many entries on my BelleWood Gardens website are annual repetitions - the orchid show at NYBG, maple syrup at Howell Living History Farm. So for something new, this afternoon I will go to the wildlife art gallery in town - superb carved duck decoys, museum worthy art - where they are having a fund raiser for a wildlife rehabilitation center. And will have raptors to admire. Stay tuned for a report.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:loveeyes: Tommy :bouquet: you big handsome gorgeous hunka Belgian!!

Possibly some laundry, but since it's Sunday maybe I'll wait.

Fed the 🐈 fed the 🐟

Probably a water change in the aquarium

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's event was quite nice. The wildlife rescue center had four raptors - screech owl, turkey vulture, great horned owl, American kestrel - swapping out one bird for another every half hour.
Wildlife Art Gallery-Raptors_2020-02_great horned owl.jpg
There was a table at the back with cheeses, fruit, pate, sliced sausages, and crackers. A local winery (just over the river in PA) was offering tastings of a rose, cabernet savignon, and chardonay. And the gallery had paintings and wonderful carvings. A very pleasant afternoon, to be sure.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sorry Pam, I didn't see your latest post about the Beast. I'm so happy to hear the tail was flying high!
C catapault Your adventures sound so fun!! Were you able to pet the owl, etc? Tom is very handsome!
  • Boxes
  • Tea, An English Breakfast,a Chai, and I think I'll have a Lemon Zinger
  • Cold now but supposed to warm up. It was 50 something yesterday!! I washed Cal's private areas again yesterday but this time she got mad. I used baby wipes because they are so gentle. She had been standing at the door asking to go out, so it was awkward but I did a pretty good job. While she was snoozing, her boyfriend, the ginger cat, came calling. He was at the bottom of the deck steps but when I approached him he walked up the sidewalk a bit but didn't run. I told him Cal should be awake soon. She came down shortly afterwards, that is when I did the cleaning, I then let her out but bf was not around. I let her back in about 15 mins. I went up for a rest and when I came back down she was staring out the sliding glass door, so I think he may have come calling again. Could this be love?💖

Status
Not open for further replies.